PDA

View Full Version : Oscar 2007 Thread

Slumpsova
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
isn't it the time for us to start talking about it? :p

Sam L
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:23 AM
Say NO to Dreamgirls especially Bitchoncé. :p

I just saw Little Miss Sunshine, what a FANTASTIC film. I'll be really happy if anyone gets awarded for that film but especially the little girl Abigail Breslin.

I think The Departed has a great chance for Picture and Scorsese for Director.

Slumpsova
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
yeah Dreamgirls are being overhyped right now :p
let's see what it's gonna be when the film released.

Sam L
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:29 AM
yeah Dreamgirls are being overhyped right now :p
let's see what it's gonna be when the film released.
I'm a big fan of Bill Condon so I don't mind if he wins something. I like Eddie Murphy too but the rest, no thanks. It looks like some of the songs are fun. But we'll see if it's as good as Chicago. :)

matthias
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:47 AM
Flags of our Fathers will get nominated - eastwood was always with his last few movies

Slumpsova
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Flags of our Fathers will get nominated - eastwood was always with his last few movies
not much of a chance since the movie was rotten in Box Office :p

WonderfulLee
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Jennifer Hudson for Best Supporting Actress!!!

Monica_Rules
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:23 PM
I'm sure of few of the guys from The History boys will pick up some best supporting actor nods.

Paneru
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
"The Last King of Scotland"
Best Actor Nomination - Forest Whitaker

Kunal
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
that abigail girl is amazing

Sam L
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
that abigail girl is amazing
Abigail Breslin for Oscar!! :D

LindsayRulez
Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
Penelope Cruz - Best Actress, "Volver" :)

Viktymise
Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:41 PM
Best Actress - Kate Winslet : Little Children
Best Supporting Actress - Meryl Streep : Devil Wears Prada
Best Film: Little Miss Sunshine
:D

Kunal
Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
im curious bout dreamgirls

mc8114
Nov 22nd, 2006, 02:04 PM
Penelope Cruz - Best Actress, "Volver" :)she is amazing in that movie, at least should be nominated for it :)

LoveFifteen
Nov 22nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
I loved The Departed & Little Miss Sunshine.

ptkten
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
I loved The Departed & Little Miss Sunshine.

Those were my two favorite movies of the year so far.

The Daviator
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:43 PM
The Departed was :yeah:

But I hope The Good German gets some nominations, namely for Cate Blanchett :hearts:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Ugh, I have so many films to catch up on. :( Babel doesn't come out in the UK till JANUARY! WTF. :fiery:

Meryl's performance in The Devil Wears Prada is definitely Oscar-worthy. ;)

Wintermute
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:56 PM
The Departed is Scorcese's biggest hit in years and was a wonderful film. I'm sure that will pick up a few.

Pan's Labyrinth has yet to open in the UK but it's had rave reviews. Could this be a lock for Best Foreign Language film?

Also the Academy has released their shortlist for Best Animated Feature:

The Wild
Flushed Away
Over The Hedge
Barnyard
Open Season
The Ant Bully
Happy Feet
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Cars
Everyone's Hero
Monster House
Curious George
A Scanner Darkly
Arthur and the Invisibles
Paprika
Renaissance

A few of these still need to fulfill their entry requirements but if they do then this year will have five nominees instead of three. I've not seen most of these but I have seen A Scanner Darkly and hope that wins.

The Daviator
Nov 22nd, 2006, 06:09 PM
The Departed is Scorcese's biggest hit in years and was a wonderful film. I'm sure that will pick up a few.

Pan's Labyrinth has yet to open in the UK but it's had rave reviews. Could this be a lock for Best Foreign Language film?

Also the Academy has released their shortlist for Best Animated Feature:

The Wild
Flushed Away
Over The Hedge
Barnyard
Open Season
The Ant Bully
Happy Feet
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Cars
Everyone's Hero
Monster House
Curious George
A Scanner Darkly
Arthur and the Invisibles
Paprika
Renaissance

A few of these still need to fulfill their entry requirements but if they do then this year will have five nominees instead of three. I've not seen most of these but I have seen A Scanner Darkly and hope that wins.

Volver will win Best Foreign Lingo pic ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Jennifer Hudson - FIRST AMERICAN IDOL CONTESTANT NOMINATED FOR OSCAR! :worship:

Cars! I hope that one wins

matthias
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
not much of a chance since the movie was rotten in Box Office :p

L.A. Crash hasnīt done much in Box-Office too

Box-Office dosenīt say anything about quality

matthias
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
Volver will win Best Foreign Lingo pic ;)

yes it will :(

but i hope German movie "das leben der anderen" will get nominated too

rebel_ffighter
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Penelope Cruz - Best Actress, "Volver" :)

I couldnt agree more,if I had to choose I believe she deserves that oscar:worship:

rightous
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:41 PM
Children of Men is an amazing movie but I kinda think it may get overlooked.

Perhaps Kate Winslet may win an oscar for Little Children??

rightous
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:41 PM
Pitt and Blancett (one of my fave actresses) will probably get a nod for Babel

Helen Lawson
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
The Oscars are crap today.

I'm still bitter I didn't get a sixth nomination for VOTD. I STOLE that movie.

propi
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Weren't you the one who suspected about the Foreign Oscar for Germany due to the split of votes between Volver and El laberinto del fauno??? I think that is a real possibility :o
But I think/hope both Volver and El laberinto will grab some other nomination out of best foreign film.

Joan Rivers
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:29 PM
I think Helen Mirren will win for The Queen, but look out for me in Best Supporting Actress category! I'm campaigning vigorously this year with my role in the upcoming classic The Last Guy On Earth. I showed it to the Oscar voters and whenever I came on the screen their jaws literally dropped. I'm assuming in awe.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.oscaraddict.com/oscars/2006/picture.html

Viktymise
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Children of Men is an amazing movie but I kinda think it may get overlooked.

Perhaps Kate Winslet may win an oscar for Little Children??

lets hope :bounce:

Brooks.
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
I can't wait to see "Dreamgirls" ...I love Jennifer Hudson..she was my favorite on AI 3!!!!

Buitenzorg
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
maybe

Scarlett Johansson

Sam L
Nov 23rd, 2006, 01:00 AM
The Oscars are crap today.

I'm still bitter I didn't get a sixth nomination for VOTD. I STOLE that movie.

Helen you were robbed! :mad:

lukehingis
Nov 23rd, 2006, 03:27 AM
i think Dreamgirls will win Best Pic, and Departed Best Director... Mirren has the oscar in the bag, i just hope she gets some serious competition as this is gonna be the best 'best actress' line-up in years!!!

CanIGetAWhat
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:13 PM
The Spirit Awards nominations are released.

"Sunshine," "Half Nelson" lead indie film nominees By Dean Goodman
33 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The hit road comedy "Little Miss Sunshine" and the acclaimed drug-addiction drama "Half Nelson" led the list of contenders on Tuesday for the Independent Spirit Awards, the American art-house world's version of the Oscars.

Each film scored five nominations, including best feature and best director. Another contender in the latter category was maverick filmmaker Robert Altman, who died last week at age 81. The director, a major figure in independent filmmaking, was cited for his last film, "A Prairie Home Companion."

Four films, none of them with much name recognition, landed three nominations each: "American Gun," a drama detailing the consequences of gun-related violence; "The Dead Girl," an as-yet-unreleased drama about the female victims of a serial killer; "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints," a coming-of-age memoir set in New York; and "Man Push Cart," a U.S.-Iranian co-production about an immigrant coffee vendor.

The Spirit Awards, in their 22nd year, honor low-budget films based on such criteria as original, provocative subject matter and degree of independent financing. Winners will be unveiled on February 24, the day before the Academy Awards.

There is usually some crossover among nominees for the two awards, but little common ground among the winners. Last year was an exception because Oscar voters recognized a slew of low-budget films, such as "Crash," "Brokeback Mountain" and "Capote," which also were honored at the Spirit Awards.

"Little Miss Sunshine," a crowd-pleaser starring Steve Carell and Greg Kinnear, revolves around a family's cross-country trip to attend a girls' beauty pageant. Five years in the making, it marked the feature directing debut of music video veterans Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris.

SUCCESS NO BAR

Two of its stars, Alan Arkin and Paul Dano, will compete against each other for the supporting male award. Arkin played a drug-addicted grandfather, and Dano a taciturn teen. Additionally, rookie screenwriter Michael Arndt was nominated for best first screenplay. Arndt wrote 100 drafts of the screenplay before he got it right.

The film cost $8 million to make and earned $58 million at the North American box office, making it a rare mainstream hit to be honored at an event that likes to focus on under-the-radar offerings.

"We try not to penalize movies for their success," said Dawn Hudson, executive director of event organizer Film Independent, a Los Angeles-based group that fosters indie movies. "We're not elitist. We just like good films and original films, which 'Little Miss Sunshine' is."

The searing drama "Half Nelson" stars Ryan Gosling as a drug-addicted teacher who forms a special bond with one of his high school students. It earned $2.7 million at the box office.

First-time filmmaker Ryan Fleck was nominated for best director and first screenplay (along with co-writer Anna Boden). Gosling, who won raves several years ago for playing a Jewish neo-Nazi in "The Believer," was nominated for best male lead. Shareeka Epps, who plays a student with a troubled home life, was nominated for best female lead.

Other best feature nominees were "American Gun," "The Dead Girl" and the violent post-Spanish Civil War fantasy "Pan's Labyrinth." The other nominated directors were Karen Moncrieff for "The Dead Girl" and Steven Soderbergh for his study of mid-American ennui, "Bubble."

Besides Gosling, the male lead contenders were Aaron Eckhart ("Thank You For Smoking"), Edward Norton ("The Painted Veil"), Pakistani actor Ahmad Razvi ("Man Push Cart"), and Forest Whitaker ("American Gun").

In the female lead category, Epps will vie for honors with Catherine O'Hara ("For Your Consideration"), Elizabeth Reaser ("Sweet Land"), Michelle Williams ("Land of Plenty"), and Robin Wright Penn ("Sorry, Haters").

Viktymise
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:25 PM
The parts iv seen of Kate Winslet in little children :worship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77pOOmbFfbk&mode=related&search=

she better win

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I can't wait to see "Dreamgirls" ...I love Jennifer Hudson..she was my favorite on AI 3!!!!

mine 2

Slumpsova
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM
right now i'm exciting about Notes on a Scandal review. heard that it is a role of a lifetime of Judi Dench :worship:

spiceboy
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:45 PM
People thinking Penélope will win the Oscar obviously haven't seen The Queen :worship:

Slumpsova
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:02 PM
People thinking Penélope will win the Oscar obviously haven't seen The Queen :worship:
People thinking Penelope will win the Oscar obviously lives in Spain and confusing about Oscar and Goya Award.

oliverbecken
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Emilio, Helen Mirren is the favourite for all, but I think that Pe :kiss: will win the OSCAR!!!!!!

oliverbecken
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:08 PM
People thinking Penelope will win the Oscar obviously lives in Spain and confusing about Oscar and Goya Award.

Itīs possible, but the academy have strong devotion to Pedro and his films, I think

Slumpsova
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Itīs possible, but the academy have strong devotion to Pedro and his films, I think
no hard feelings for Pene, i just don't think it's her time ;)
this year best actress category is about British Dame (Helen Mirren) and Hollywood Dame (Meryl Streep) :D

Jewelz
Nov 29th, 2006, 12:13 AM
One thing I know for sure, one of these three actors will win best actor:

Forest Whitaker--The Last King of Scotland
Peter O'Toole--Venus
Will Smith--The Pursuit of Happyness

Possible best picture line-up:
THE QUEEN
THE DEPARTED
DREAMGIRLS
FLAGS OF OUR FATHER
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

Possible spoilers:
THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS (happyness was spelled with a y for the title)
LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA
BABEL
NOTES ON A SCANDAL

Likely to be Surprise Nominees:

Ryan Gosling--Half Nelson (best actor)
Abigail Breslin--Little Miss Sunshine (best supporting actress)
Shareeka Epps--Half Nelson (either best actress or best supporting actress)
Derek Luke--Catch a Fire (best actor)
Anika Noni Rose--Dreamgirls (best supporting actress)
Jaden Smith--The Pursuit of Happyness (best supporting actor)
The late Robert Altman--Prairie Home Companion (best director)

Likely to be Snubbed:

Penelope Cruz--Volver
Brad Pitt--Babel
Nicole Kidman--Fur
Cate Blanchett--Babel, Notes on a Scandal, The Good German
Leonardo Dicaprio--Blood Diamond, The Departed
Beyonce--Dreamgirls (but she could receive a nomination for best song)
Annette Benning--Running With Scissors

Martian KC
Nov 29th, 2006, 12:24 AM
The hype of Dreamgirls have become nauseating. I hope it doesn't get any nods.

Helen is a shoe in!