wateva
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:36 PM
just heard the album and it rocks!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

lukehingis
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:36 PM
Gwen is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!<blocparty>!
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:01 PM
The album isn't as bad as everyone expected, so it seems. :)

I'm going to buy this, even though the lead single, thing, sucks donkey balls.

fnuf7
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM
I'm still so-so about it, 3 or 4 of the tracks are excellent. I loooove Wonderful Life, 4 In The Morning, Early Winter, Flourescent :dance: The rest of the tracks are ok, they could grow on me more after a few listens but there are no standout atrocious songs in my opinion but the majority of the album is only ok for me at the moment.

I prefer the more retro-pop/electro thing she has going on in some tracks rather than the hip-hop vibe she seems to be edging towards...

cotton chic
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:15 PM
I don't see why she released Wind It Up as the first single.. it is such a horrible song. It had potential in my opinion, if it would have been more doctored and produced MUCH better, but I mean.. it sounds like a fucking demo. Horrible!!

The_Pov
Nov 21st, 2006, 10:38 PM
Where can you listen to the album?

mirzalover
Nov 21st, 2006, 10:49 PM

for real

MH0861
Nov 21st, 2006, 10:57 PM
"4 in the Morning" is :hearts: :drool:

LindsayRulz
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:00 PM

:confused:

cometz9
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:18 PM
you can download the album as a bitorrent at isohunt.com

Becool
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:31 AM
I don't like this album...

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:35 AM
Breaking Up is my fave song of the album. It's hilarious and harsh.

"hold up I think you're cutting out, hold up i think i'm losing you, tell me can you here me now, WE'RE BREAKING UP, OH OH OH" :rolls:

LindsayRulz
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:33 AM
"early winter" is my favorite :)
But in general, I think L.A.M.B. is a better album by miles...

Shimizu Amon
Nov 22nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
I can't wait to listen to her new album. Hope it's comin' out real soon here in Holland.

Beat
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:59 PM
the lead single, thing, sucks donkey balls.
and that's even being nice. i saw the video last evening and just had to laugh out loud because it was such a load of rubbish.

Ryan
Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
ROTF. I cant believe she's making another album. No Doubt is killer, and I'll admit her first cd was "successful", but another? Does anyone know where I can listen to some songs from it, this should be fun. :tape:

Dahveed
Nov 22nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
and that's even being nice. i saw the video last evening and just had to laugh out loud because it was such a load of rubbish.

You made me curious and i've just checked the video out on YouTube.

I am still :tape: :confused: :help: at it!

hingisGOAT
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
i <3 her new video :) and i like the song! IF ONLY SHE DIDN'T YODEL :fiery:

anyway, L.A.M.B was pure fabulousity, i hope this album is more of the same.

and i also hope she never goes back to no doubt... leave guitars & ska where they belong... in 1997

cometz9
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
you can download the album as a bitorrent at isohunt.com

apparently the link for the album is deleted but i've uploaded the full album below:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8xsfly

Ryan
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:13 AM

and i also hope she never goes back to no doubt... leave guitars & ska where they belong... in 1997

Screw you, No Doubt is so much better than solo Gwen. She's a lot hotter now, but I think they could produce a kick ass pop-rock album again when they get back together. I hope they go for a harder sound this time - Tragic Kingdom was more ska, RoS was pop, and Rock Steady was reggae-pop. Time for some rock songs, lots of drums and Gwen naked! Uhh, maybe scratch the drums. :p

Parsley
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:44 AM
apparently the link for the album is deleted but i've uploaded the full album below:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8xsfly

So the moderators ban people for using the word idiot but not for uploading unlicensed content?

LindsayRulz
Nov 23rd, 2006, 03:55 AM
http://www.mybittorrent.com/music/bittorrent_516765.html

MH0861
Nov 23rd, 2006, 05:10 AM

But continue to embrace 1982 as a solo artist? ;)

Love No Doubt, and love Gwen solo - No Doubt has always been my favorite band. I'd like to see a fusion of Gwen's 80s niche with the rest of the band on the next ND album - similiar to stuff like "Early Winter" on The Sweet Escape, or the "It's My Life" cover they did.

V-MAC
Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
A month later :lol: I finally got to hear the album. I must say it isn't bad at all, in fact, I think as a whole it sounds a lot tighter than L.A.M.B does. Gwen seems to have found her groove doing those 80's sounding pop ballads.

~CANUCK~
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:16 PM
This album gets much better as you listen to it. Yummy is my fav song on it.

Stamp Paid
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
I dont like this album, I guess I have to warm up to it. This album came out of nowhere and seems rushed. But anyone who doesn't see how amazing and hypnotic "Wind It Up" has poor taste. My favorite tracks are Wind It Up, Now that You Got It, and Orange County Girl.

I miss No Doubt. :sad:

fnuf7
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I've had the album a while now and listened to it fully quite a few times (forcing myself to listen to the whole of some of the tracks :tape: ) and my opinion still hasn't changed. It's ok with 3 or 4 good/great songs, the rest I could do without. It almost feels like she either rushed out another cd with songs that got rejected off L.A.M.B. or something :shrug:

Anyway the songs I loved immediately and still love are Early Winter, 4 In The Morning, Flourescent and Wonderful Life (best song on the album in my opinion :yeah: ) Song that has grown on me is Wind It Up, but the rest are either average or out-right poor in my opinion...I definitely prefer L.A.M.B :dance:

hingisGOAT
Dec 24th, 2006, 06:54 AM
i hear 'sweet escape' all the time now on the radio :) i guess they realized 'wind it up' wasn't catching on :tape: