PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld to appear on Letterman at 11:35am . Kramer appears! VIDEO INSIDE!WOW!

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:05 AM
Hmm...this Jerry Seinfeld appearence has already been scheduled since last month. Both Dave and Jerry have also invited Michael "Kramer" Richards on the show to defend himself and/or appologize. Should be interested to say the least :tape:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:51 AM
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/#

Michael Richards interview above. Cut and paste the linc.:wavey:

Kunal
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:35 AM
he should apologize

winone23
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
He went into another incoherent rant, what the heck did Hurricane Katrina have to do with his actions.

timafi
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:44 PM
i don't care about him saying sorry cuz obviously this is something the man believes deep inside and the booze just made his beliefs come out in the open
save it and spare me:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
sick and tired of fuckers using excuses to hide behind what their do to get away with it:mad:
he's a punk ass racist loser,nothing more:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:57 PM
I absolutely could not believe it when Michael Richards went on that rant. I was absolutely SHOCKED. I just didnt ever imagine such things coming out of his mouth. Kramer is a genius, but it's too bad he's fictional. LOL.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:06 PM
That was a really strange apology, most of what he was trying to say was completely incoherent to me. He looked and sounded completely distraught about it, it was actually disturbing to watch.

Anyway I'm glad he apologized and obviously feels some remorse. Just a really strange situation...

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:13 PM
The Outburst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=UomfLKQr57U

The Apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_TTevmGnAs

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
The Outburst

The Apology

From a guy that was in the audience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEcz9T3MuL4&mode=related&search=Michael%20Richards%20Kramer%20Apologize%20L etterman%20Sincere%20Seinfeld%20Cosmo

kabuki
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:41 PM
nah. I don't care to hear one more word from that sack of shit's mouth.

Sam L
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:52 PM
The Outburst

The Apology

Jerry!! :hearts:

The apology was very sincere and he's admitted that this is something he needs to work out on his own. Letterman asked an important question, would this outburst have been any different if the hecklers were white or any other race? The answer is, which Richards didn't want to admit to, is no. He was angry and he would've exploded at anyone. I think he needs to take a break and sort out his problems. But I believe him and Jerry when they say that he's not racist and his apology is sincere.

Also, I'm dismayed that someone people are saying "who the **** watches Seinfeld?". What the? What's Seinfeld got to do with what Michael Richards said in the comedy club?

Lord Nelson
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:04 PM
Jerry!! :hearts:

The apology was very sincere and he's admitted that this is something he needs to work out on his own. Letterman asked an important question, would this outburst have been any different if the hecklers were white or any other race? The answer is, which Richards didn't want to admit to, is no. He was angry and he would've exploded at anyone. I think he needs to take a break and sort out his problems. But I believe him and Jerry when they say that he's not racist and his apology is sincere.

Also, I'm dismayed that someone people are saying "who the **** watches Seinfeld?". What the? What's Seinfeld got to do with what Michael Richards said in the comedy club?

People like New Yorker wigglypuff prentend now that they don't like Seinfeld now. But I bet they loved the show back then, they just won't care to admit it because of this incident. Only a few people who were outraged at the incident admitted that they like the show.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM
That was a really strange apology, most of what he was trying to say was completely incoherent to me. He looked and sounded completely distraught about it, it was actually disturbing to watch.

Anyway I'm glad he apologized and obviously feels some remorse. Just a really strange situation...

my thoughts exactly. :help:

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM
People like New Yorker wigglypuff prentend now that they don't like Seinfeld now. But I bet they loved the show back then, they just won't care to admit it because of this incident. Only a few people who were outraged at the incident admitted that they like the show.

actually you nazi, i never have liked the show. but dont insult my name by speaking it you worthless sack of pro-hitler shit.

samsung101
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:49 PM
I like the Seinfeld show. I watch it almost every day in reruns.
But, Michael Richards needs to keep apologizing, and do it a lot
more sincerely. What I saw last night doesn't cut it.

Insincere. Contrived. That's what I got out of it.

Don't blame Katrina or angst or politics or anything else.

Letterman and Seinfeld let him blame others, and that's
fine. He's their friend, their longtime associate. They're
throwing him a lifesaver.

But, sorry Michael, you are the only one to blame for
what you said, and how you said it. That video isn't
going away. It is ugly.

Those words were in him, and he let them out.

Everyone gets mad, loses it once in a while.

Not many of us start using racial slurs in the process.

Lord Nelson
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:02 PM
actually you nazi, i never have liked the show. but dont insult my name by speaking it you worthless sack of pro-hitler shit.

So you took me off your ignore list. That was just a test. :lol:

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:04 PM
So you took me off your ignore list. That was just a test. :lol:

no i didnt. :wavey:

Today 02:02 PM
Lord Nelson
This message is hidden because Lord Nelson is on your ignore list.
:lol: :lol: :worship: :worship:

Stamp Paid
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:04 PM
He went into another incoherent rant, what the heck did Hurricane Katrina have to do with his actions.

I'm saying!

Volcana
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:02 PM
The one thing I'd say is, it was a real apology. It wasn't 'I'm sorry if somebody took that the wrong way'. He knows THAT he offended, he knows HOW he offended, and he know he has internal stuff to address. The dude was sincere.

timafi
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:31 PM
nah. I don't care to hear one more word from that sack of shit's mouth.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:34 AM
I've always loved Seinfeld and always will. Greatest sitcom ever.

I dont think Michael Richards is really a racist, and I do think he is deeply sorry about what happened, even if he sounded completely disturbed and wasnt making sense when he was apologizing. He'll always just be Kramer to me, one of the funniest TV personalities of all time. That's one of the reasons why I was so shocked to hear such things coming out of his mouth...

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:29 AM
The one thing I'd say is, it was a real apology. It wasn't 'I'm sorry if somebody took that the wrong way'. He knows THAT he offended, he knows HOW he offended, and he know he has internal stuff to address. The dude was sincere.
Yeah, because he got caught. If he was that sincere he could have apologized when he performed the next night, or when CNN ask him about it. No, he only apologized when he realized his ass was going down like the titanic.

Volcana
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:47 AM
Yeah, because he got caught. If he was that sincere he could have apologized when he performed the next night, or when CNN ask him about it. No, he only apologized when he realized his ass was going down like the titanic.You know something? It doesn't matter. Maybe his agent called him in the middle of the night after he performed without apologizing and told him, 'get with the program Jack. You're about to lose our career'. No matter how he got to the point where he realized that that sort of behaviour has penalties, he got there.

After he got shot, and had to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair, George Wallace after spent the rest of his life working against white supremacy, instead of in favor of it. It took something that traumatic to make him see what he was doing with his life.

To some people, the idea that they harbor bigoted attitudes is so repulsive, they can't deal with when it's irrevocably exposed. Is he one of those people? Who knows? We'll see going forward.

After Richard Pryor set himself on fire free-basing, he worked it into his act. Same with his arrests for firearms possession. I don't think Michael Richards has the guts to work this situation into his act. ("Did you ever wake up one morning and discover you were a bigot? My father has a life sized statue of Martin Luther King in the living room. He's not speaking to me. boy am I a fuckup.')

People aren't perfect. It's what you do when you have no choice but to confront those imperfections that is the measure of your character.

Volcana
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:56 AM
Back in the day, I got caught shoplifting. Well, not 'caught'. I got spotted shoplifting but I outran the store manager. Once I'd legged it to safety, I had time to think about what was I was doing, and what was likely to happen. This was a basically all white town, with only two or three Black families. There was no chance I'd get away with it, not if the store pushed the cops to diligence. And my father deqlt a heavy belt. So criminal chages or not, getting cuaght was gonna suck. On the other hand, I was anhonor student, and my family wasn't by any means poor. I could probably Bogart my way through.

So....

After about an hour, I went back to the store, returned the merchandise to the store manager, and waited (quite fearfully) to see what would happen. The store manager didn't even call my parents. Just gave me a lecture and sent me on my way.

Why bring that up? Because the store manager could have chosen to deal me as a thief, and instead decided maybe one event wasn't the best measure of the content of my character, even if that one event was unequivocal.

Condemnation is easy. Withholding judegement is far harder. Forgiveness, so I hear, is harder yet, but not being the forgiving type, I really wouldn't know.

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2006, 04:54 AM
I've always loved Seinfeld and always will. Greatest sitcom ever.

I dont think Michael Richards is really a racist, and I do think he is deeply sorry about what happened, even if he sounded completely disturbed and wasnt making sense when he was apologizing. He'll always just be Kramer to me, one of the funniest TV personalities of all time. That's one of the reasons why I was so shocked to hear such things coming out of his mouth...
Interested to know what he'd have to do for you to think he was a racist.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:39 AM
Interested to know what he'd have to do for you to think he was a racist.
I just think that he would have exploded on anyone that night, cause he was obviously troubled about something. The people interupting and heckling him just happened to be black, which is why he said what he said and why this is being made into such a big deal in the first place. If some white, or Asian, or gay, or any other person(s) were doing the same thing, he likely would have gone off at them with whatever insults he could think of as well.

RVD
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:26 AM
Back in the day, I got caught shoplifting. Well, not 'caught'. I got spotted shoplifting but I outran the store manager. Once I'd legged it to safety, I had time to think about what was I was doing, and what was likely to happen. This was a basically all white town, with only two or three Black families. There was no chance I'd get away with it, not if the store pushed the cops to diligence. And my father deqlt a heavy belt. So criminal chages or not, getting cuaght was gonna suck. On the other hand, I was anhonor student, and my family wasn't by any means poor. I could probably Bogart my way through.

So....

After about an hour, I went back to the store, returned the merchandise to the store manager, and waited (quite fearfully) to see what would happen. The store manager didn't even call my parents. Just gave me a lecture and sent me on my way.

Why bring that up? Because the store manager could have chosen to deal me as a thief, and instead decided maybe one event wasn't the best measure of the content of my character, even if that one event was unequivocal.

Condemnation is easy. Withholding judegement is far harder. Forgiveness, so I hear, is harder yet, but not being the forgiving type, I really wouldn't know.:lol: Volcana, sometimes you slay me. :lol:
And with that small frament, Volcana negates the thrust of a very convincing post. :haha: :cool:

Volcana, might I inquire as to your gender?
You are female, correct? :)

Kunal
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:32 AM
the apology seemed sincere enough...but it showed what his mentality is like

RVD
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:55 AM
I just think that he would have exploded on anyone that night, cause he was obviously troubled about something. The people interupting and heckling him just happened to be black, which is why he said what he said and why this is being made into such a big deal in the first place. If some white, or Asian, or gay, or any other person(s) were doing the same thing, he likely would have gone off at them with whatever insults he could think of as well.Seriously doubt it, but I suppose at the end of the day, we all draw conclusions based upon personal experiences, or the lack thereof. :shrug:

You know, after reading the different posts here, and desperately seeking to understand the myriad P.O.V.s, I've come to the conclusion that racism will always exist. This may sound a bit Ďdefeatistí, but in this case, I have to approach the magnitude of the ignorance from the point of view of the 'realist' . Which is, no matter what level of evil whites commit against blacks, there will always be a significant number who will deny, repudiate, or attempt to negate the central thrust of the argument, as well as the facts that exist right before them [ON TAPE]. That, and/or outright refuse to accept the acts as an obvious evil. :mad:

So as Iíve always known it to be, such is life and Iím therefore moving on.
However, before I end, I will toss this little bit of wisdom to the fore.

People have always denied the existence of the obvious. The world being round. The Earth revolving around the sun. The black man as a human being. So to those people who actually believe that Michael Richards is not an out-and-out racist, I hope that you are correct and that he comes to comprehend the harm heís done, [repeatedly now] because personally I donít believe that he has, and I donít imagine that he honestly care or will ever care.
I reiterate, that this is just one manís opinion. And with that I officially take my leave of this debate. :wavey:

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2006, 04:37 PM
Seriously doubt it, but I suppose at the end of the day, we all draw conclusions based upon personal experiences, or the lack thereof. :shrug:

You know, after reading the different posts here, and desperately seeking to understand the myriad P.O.V.s, I've come to the conclusion that racism will always exist. This may sound a bit Ďdefeatistí, but in this case, I have to approach the magnitude of the ignorance from the point of view of the 'realist' . Which is, no matter what level of evil whites commit against blacks, there will always be a significant number who will deny, repudiate, or attempt to negate the central thrust of the argument, as well as the facts that exist right before them [ON TAPE]. That, and/or outright refuse to accept the acts as an obvious evil. :mad:

So as Iíve always known it to be, such is life and Iím therefore moving on.
However, before I end, I will toss this little bit of wisdom to the fore.

People have always denied the existence of the obvious. The world being round. The Earth revolving around the sun. The black man as a human being. So to those people who actually believe that Michael Richards is not an out-and-out racist, I hope that you are correct and that he comes to comprehend the harm heís done, [repeatedly now] because personally I donít believe that he has, and I donít imagine that he honestly care or will ever care.
I reiterate, that this is just one manís opinion. And with that I officially take my leave of this debate. :wavey:
WOW! Well said. :worship::worship::worship:

Beat
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:07 PM
I dont think Michael Richards is really a racist
i'm sorry? so in the u.s. even people who are not racist use the words he used?:confused:

Wigglytuff
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:17 PM
i'm sorry? so in the u.s. even people who are not racist use the words he used?:confused:

no, kramer is a racist. some people, even he maybe, are in denial about it. but he is and likely has been for a long time a racist.

cotton chic
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:24 PM

I know I don't :lol: :wavey: