PDA

View Full Version : OMG Kramer No!!! Seinfeld's Michael Richards explodes in angry racial diatribe

Pages : [1] 2

Stamp Paid
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:13 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/freshcrunkjuice/2006/krammer.jpg

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1772645

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. It appears two guys, both African-American, were in the cheap seats playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a ******! He's a ******! He's a ******! A ******, look, there's a ******!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a ******." One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That''s un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust. Attempts to reach Richard's reps were unsuccessful.
------------------------

I'm sadder than anything else. I loved Michael Richards. :sad: He must be on drugs or something.

Infiniti2001
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I saw that on CNN late last night, and I am still in shock http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2086/iconredfacehz6.gif Like with Mel Gibson , I'm thinking these are his underlying feelings, and it took alcohol or drugs to get them out http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3948/shruglj2.gif

tenn_ace
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Watch for another one to go to rehab... They all end up there after they do something like this. :rolleyes:

Wigglytuff
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:20 PM
holy fucking shit!! well i never did like the guy.

mandy7
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:21 PM
holy fucking shit!! well i never did like the guy.

You saw this coming, didn't ya? :lol:

Sam L
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:22 PM
As ugly as this is, why were they heckling him in the first place? :confused:

It seems as if it's a game to heckle performers these days.

Paneru
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:26 PM

Heckling, doesn't warrant any type
of trash like this, period!

If they were heckling him, all he had to do was
cuss 'em out and whatever, but when you make
it racial, you've done stepped in it!

Wigglytuff
You saw this coming, didn't ya? :lol:

you cant read.

i said "i have never liked the guy"
learn to read and get a hobby.

Scotso
What a dick.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:27 PM
What's going on with this world?????????????

still, so much hidden hatred & racism in america and other pllaces toooooo

:sad:

Paneru
Watch for another one to go to rehab... They all end up there after they do something like this. :rolleyes:

:tape:

Scotso
you cant read.

Man, you get dumber by the day.

Infiniti2001

Please, all comedians are heckled if they bomb----and it's no excuse for them to go psycho. They just need to call it a night and get their asses off the stage .

mandy7
you cant read.

I have a hobby :D

and i just asked you a question, i can read

What he did was wrong.

Ryan
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Nooooo, he's so great as Kramer. I'm going to hate Michael Richards now, but I need to dissasociate him from Kramer so I can still watch the show. :p

Stamp Paid
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I saw that on CNN late last night, and I am still in shock http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2086/iconredfacehz6.gif Like with Mel Gibson , I'm thinking these are his underlying feelings, and it took alcohol or drugs to get them out http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3948/shruglj2.gif

I think I'll forgive him if he was on drugs. :o

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:33 PM

:lol: :lol:

well, in some ways, it's probably worse than if they weren't on drugs. cuz now he's being honest, it's how hE REALLY FEELS, DEEP DOWN INSIDE. the drugs just removed his inhibtions. before, he was just pretending, and therefore he was deceitful.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Ummm... There's a reason why you don't heckle a person who might have been playing himself as a loony character on Seinfeld.

It appears two guys, both African-American, were in the cheap seats playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.
One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That''s un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

It was wrong for someone to come to a show to heckle someone.
If you didn't like him then why buy the seats and attempt to mess up a show that most people came to see.
It's also wrong for Michael Richards to say what he said.

It just annoys me when people do that.
You don't even know this person or their breaking point, then when they crack it's oh that's uncalled for, we didn't do anything wrong.

He should have stayed professional but people who come to a show to heckle disgust me as well.

Now blacks have a valid reason not to watch Seinfeld. :)
Honestly I never got the reason why I should watch something that would call itself "the show about nothing".
Then again I never got a reason why Moesha stayed on the air so long, wait I understand it now, Moesha could never do wrong, just like these hecklers. Now I get it.
Funny though, I swear they love Larry David's other show Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Pureracket
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM

It seems as if it's a game to heckle performers these days.Yeah, let's focus on the hecklers.:rolleyes:

GoDominique
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Seinfeld sucks anyway. :)

Stamp Paid
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Funny though, I swear they love Larry David's other show Curb Your Enthusiasm.

no they dont, stop it!
its still a hilarious show, blacks. :D

Pureracket
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Ummm... There's a reason why you don't heckle a person who might have been playing himself as a loony character on Seinfeld.

It appears two guys, both African-American, were in the cheap seats playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.
One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That''s un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

If you didn't like him then why buy the seats and attempt to mess up a show that most people came to see.

You don't even know this person or their breaking point, then when they crack it's oh that's uncalled for, we didn't do anything wrong.

He should have stayed professional but people who come to a show to heckle disgust me as well.

Funny though, I swear they love Larry David's other show Curb Your Enthusiasm.Yeah, we all have breaking points, but are they all filled with hateful racist remarks? Why do you use the "they" pronoun when describing Blacks, babe?

mandy7
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:44 PM

no they dont, stop it!
its still a good show, blacks. :D

i reckon all 'blacks' can decide for yourself
seinfeld is either your sense of humor, or it ain't

Wigglytuff
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah, let's focus on the hecklers.:rolleyes:

everyone knows its the black persons fault. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kiwifan
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I've gotten this vibe from him in person, damn that was probably back in '97. :lol:

Its wierd as hell coming from Kramer.

I love Kramer.

Still love Kramer, but Michael Richards...f*ck him. :)

"Sluggy"
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:47 PM
wow, such a dissapointment that he apparently feels this way.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:48 PM
What's going on with this world?????????????

still, so much hidden hatred & racism in america and other pllaces toooooo

:sad:

What I find the issue to be is blatant racism is forgotten a lot more than racial comments in the heat of the moment.

That's the only reason you can explain to me why Trent Lott is now the Minority Whip.

Pureracket
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:51 PM
What I find the issue to be is blatant racism is forgotten a lot more than racial comments in the heat of the moment.

That's the only reason you can explain to me why Trent Lott is now the Minority Whip.
You know why Lott is now the Minority Whip.

kiwifan
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM

You are pathetic. :rolleyes:

Heckling has been part of comedy forever.

The F*cking Muppet Show had Muppet hecklers for crying out loud!!! :lol: oh and the hecklers were up in the balcony, too. ;)

Most comedians take pride in dealing with hecklers.

That is such a stupid excuse that it really insults everyone's intelligence. :retard:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah, we all have breaking points, but are they all filled with hateful racist remarks? Why do you use the "they" pronoun when describing Blacks, babe?
Yes it is disturbing what Michael Richards has said.
Some breaking points are filled with some hateful remarks.
For example:
I was at a friends' house and she was mad so she called her man a lazy ass nigga.

The first "they" is dealing with any group of people who attack someone and then blame them for going too far when they crack.

Example: When Clinton cracked on Fox after dealing with all the :bs: of them supposedly blaming him for the terrorist activity going on.
Don't reiterate the same thing for 6 years and expect him to be nice about their conservative media channel attacking his presidency.

The second they is bad habit. I have a tendency to write they and them when dealing with sexuality instead of he, she, we and it seems to have branched out.

GoDominique
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I want to watch the vid but can't. :mad:

Selah
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:09 PM
wow, that tirade was more uncalled for than the hecklers, IMO. Wannabe,have you ever been to a comedy show :rolleyes: It is quite 'normal' to be heckled by at least one person. Yes, it can be annoying for the entertainer and others at the show, but it can also be funny, and many comedians use it in their shows. He obviously used it as an excuse to get his feelings out.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:11 PM

The F*cking Muppet Show had Muppet hecklers for crying out loud!!! :lol: oh and the hecklers were up in the balcony, too. ;)

That is such a stupid excuse that it really insults everyone's intelligence. :retard:

Heckling is apart of comedy yes.
Some comedians can deal with it while others cannot though.
Most comedians who are quick on their feet usually LOVE hecklers.
Michael Richards isn't one of those people as we see, he seems to be one of those strict comedians who has everything planned and doesn't know what to do when things don't go as planned.

I'm not insulting everyone's intelligence.
You are by saying there is one general comedian out there performing and that's just not the case.

Some plan ahead, some plan too way ahead, some plan and bring the crowd into their jokes and hope there's a heckler out there, others prefer to just hear themselves speak and just have laughs and giggles from time to time, some have enough material they can basically do anything.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:14 PM
wow, that tirade was more uncalled for than the hecklers, IMO. Wannabe,have you ever been to a comedy show :rolleyes: It is quite 'normal' to be heckled by at least one person. Yes, it can be annoying for the entertainer and others at the show, but it can also be funny, and many comedians use it in their shows. He obviously used it as an excuse to get his feelings out.

Yes I go to comedy shows. All comedians can deal with one heckler or should be able to.
Once it becomes more than that, some aren't as good with dealing with that.
It's the group mentality that can throw them off even if it's two people.

Stamp Paid
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Another racist saved from unfair persecution by wannabeknowitall. :yeah:

kiwifan
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:21 PM
At a place like the Laugh Factory, hecklers are asked to leave if they're deemed too out of control...

...I sorta live right next to one and know a few comedians. ;)

In fact the comedian can have them thrown out him/herself by request.

Selah
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:25 PM

It's good that some in the crowd didn't condone his behavior, and left.

Oh, i just realized the vid was already posted.

gentenaire
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:25 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Wigglytuff
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:28 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: dude you fucking kill me!! :lol: :lol: :haha:

GoDominique
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:30 PM

It's good that some in the crowd didn't condone his behavior, and left.
It doesn't work. :mad:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:37 PM

I don't even like Kramer. :lol:
I don't like Seinfeld.
So it's not like I have a bias.

timafi
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:37 PM
no wonder this fucker has never made other than on that fucking boring ass show Seinfeld:lol: :lol:
thank god for booze and drugs,the shit that comes out of mother fuckers under the "influence" will leave you:speakles: :speakles: :speakles: when you find out what they really think:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::worship: :worship: :worship:

brickhousesupporter
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Wow this is really shocking. I have not seen an episode of Seinfeld in ages.....I don't think that I will again.

Mrs. Peel
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:44 PM
oh my, the rantings of a frustrated has-been.

samsung101
Nov 20th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I await to hear what his excuse will be.

He's heading to rehab.
He was abused as a child.
He's getting a divorce.
He was drunk.
He mixed prescription drugs.
He's bi-polar.
He's in therapy.
He's a Democrat.
He's a Republican.
He's a penguin.
He's bankrupt.
He was using reverse psychology.
He's diabetic and forgot his insulin.
He was only acting.H
He was filming a Borat style spoof.
Ha ha...don't you get it.

No.
Most of us dont get it.

You just know he'll have some self serving, PR agent
written, triangulation excuse for this.

Sally Struthers
Nov 20th, 2006, 04:29 PM
:eek: He should have called for security instead. I never liked Seinfeld or the rest of the bunch anyway.

Rocketta
Nov 20th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Wow. :eek:

Yeah you can't get away with anything these days everybody has vid on their phone or camera now. :tape:

Kart
Nov 20th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Another Seinfeld hater checking in :wavey:.

Mainly because I never really understood the show :o.

Back on topic I always thought that hecklers were a part of live comedy - after all the stand up usually picks on the crowd so it's just fair play.

This comic guy hasn't got a defence really if this story is accurate.

Infiniti2001
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Thank you kiwifan. It's so easy to blame the hecklers. Heck , the best comedians talk about being heckled like a badge of honor.

mentos
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:13 PM
This is suprising? Really?

BUMP the online whining>>LOL @the refreshing truth.

I prefer this kind of honesty over closeted bigotry.

Helen Lawson
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:16 PM
My experience is that anything goes in a comedy club between a heckler and a comedian. If you're going to heckle a comedian, you have to be prepared to be called anything.

njnetswill
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Thank God it wasn't one of the "Friends".

Selah
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:20 PM
My experience is that anything goes in a comedy club between a heckler and a comedian. If you're going to heckle a comedian, you have to be prepared to be called anything.

Only if it is humourous and that surely wasn't. :wavey:

Helen Lawson
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Only if it is humourous and that surely wasn't. :wavey:

I don't find it funny, but have you ever heard an exchange between a heckler and a comedian? There are no limits.

tterb
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Good thing I didn't like Seinfeld to begin with. I never understood why ridiculous caricatures getting into unrealistic situations was considered funny.

Anyway, IMO heckling is disrespectful, but it comes with the territory - performers make a living based on connecting with the audience. Saying Richards has a low threshold for heckling is weak... all he had to do was call security or heckle them right back. Instead, he took it personally and showed his true colors (or lack thereof?). Shit happens, people get upset, but thankfully most don't fall back on racism in those situations.

Lord Nelson
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:27 PM
what an idiot he is. :lol:

Selah
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I don't find it funny, but have you ever heard an exchange between a heckler and a comedian? There are no limits.

Like I said, a good comedian is usually funny!

I don't get why people are commenting on Seinfeld in general. It is one actor from Seinfeld :shrug: Not supporting his individual work, now I can see.

kiwifan
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Wow. :eek:

Yeah you can't get away with anything these days everybody has vid on their phone or camera now. :tape:

And its slowing going to make the world a better place :angel: :angel: :angel:...

...on the surface, at least.

samsung101
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:55 PM
If we're going to put Mel Gibon on the roaster for his
comments made in a drunken stupor...for the rest of
his life...I think Mr. Richards deserves a lot of roasting
for this.

Let's see what the Hollywood community does to a guy
who is not a conservative or right leaning personality.....
who is pals with heavyweights on the left in Hollywood.

Mind you, his career isn't going anywhere right now anyway.

I love Seinfeld, and still enjoy watching it.

So, this hurts to see.

The 'n' word is not acceptable.

It's not a joke from a white guy, an angry white guy
in a supposed comedy act, said in the tone he used.
It's not.

He should get the same treatment John Rocker and Mel
Gibson got for their comments.

Celebrity exile.
International vilification on a level for his stardom.

kiwifan
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Celebrity exile.
International vilification on a level for his stardom.

I think he was already in "movie jail" so there's not much that can be done, racist speech is his Constitutional Right :p...

...He'll have to keep his act 'in the suburbs' I guess. :tape: :lol:

samsung101
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:34 PM
The radio news finally picked it up, after Jerry Seinfeld said
he was 'sick' about the comments. They were offensive, he said.

No duh.

George Lopez and Paul Rodriguez also commented on it,
same thing, very offensive, wrong, racist. Lopez said
Richards is an actor, and shouldn't have been trying to
do stand up, didn't know how to deal with hecklers.

I read Richards did say he was sorry for it, off camera though.
Not on camera.

samsung101
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Yes, racist speech is his protected right.
No one said you are forbidden to say it.

He can.
Anyone can in America.

You suffer the consequences though for your words.

His words are on tape.
Forever.

But, again, like Gibson and Rocker, it can affect his
pocketbook, and his Hollywood or celebrity status.

A lot of people won't go to a Gibson movie anymore,
or hire a guy like Rocker for anything because of their
words in the past.

What of this guy?

What kind of comic gig can he get now that it is big news?
Films? TV? He wasn't doing so hot before this in terms of
a tv show or movie role or starring spot.

The free market wil determine what happens to him, and how
his 'friends' in Hollywood react is yet to be determined.

Will The View girls go after him like they did Mel Gibson?

I am still waiting to hear how he enters rehab or something
in a little while...he needs some kind of cover for it.

LoveFifteen
Nov 20th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Thank God it wasn't one of the "Friends".

Yeah, seriously, I mean, could you imagine how bad their standup must be? :devil:

mykarma
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:02 PM

I've never been to a comedy show where a heckler got the best of a comedian. Generally, most comedians love being heckled so they can dog the heckler and get the crowd laughing.

Why do you always make excuses for anyone that does or says anything awful to a minority. Why don't you change your avatar to a hooded racist and be done with it. :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I wonder why the Seinfeld guy never got heckled during his intro standup. :tape:

Erika_Angel
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I have to say as much as I love Kramer, Michael Richards always came across as iffy and arrogant to me. I can't view the video, but I'll catch it later.

I wonder why the Seinfeld guy never got heckled during his intro standup. :tape:

Because the people in the audience were all fans of his who had come specifically to see him during the taping of that portion of the show. Many were also part of the show or were invited. Why else?

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:16 PM
No Cosmo, noooooo....

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:19 PM

I know right, he's such a joke. One day he'll take that disgusting, womanly ass pic down that he thinks is hawt.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Call me a racist, but I've got to side with Kramer on this one. Hecklers deserve whatever abuse they get, even if it's being called a ******.

So it's right for him to throw out racial slurs, a real comedian can come up with something quick without being ignorant.

mykarma
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:24 PM
That was cold. :lol::lol::lol:

LoveFifteen
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I always hated Kramer anyway. Give me more Elaine! :hearts:

Stamp Paid
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:26 PM
PS: if you meet a ****** who is a heckler, does that make him a niggler? Man, I really should go into this stand up comedy thing one day!

No. You shouldn't.

Helen Lawson
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I always hated Kramer anyway. Give me more Elaine! :hearts:

Kramer wasn't sponge-worthy!

Rocketta
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Call me a racist, but I've got to side with Kramer on this one. Hecklers deserve whatever abuse they get, even if it's being called a ******.

PS: if you meet a ****** who is a heckler, does that make him a niggler? Man, I really should go into this stand up comedy thing one day!

ok, racist. Seems to me it's quite ignorant to hurl racial insults which is derogatory to an entire group of people because one person heckled you, what exactly did the other black people do to him? Also, it seems to me even more ignorant to think it's a justified response to being heckled. Especially when we don't know how he was being heckled.

RVD
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:41 PM

Honestly I never got the reason why I should watch something that would call itself "the show about nothing".
Then again I never got a reason why Moesha stayed on the air so long, wait I understand it now, Moesha could never do wrong, just like these hecklers. Now I get it.
Funny though, I swear they love Larry David's other show Curb Your Enthusiasm.Jeevus! You now sound like Samsung's little brother/sister. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Firstly, ALL comedians get heckled. That's part of the gig. Audience members test your mettle. Has always been done... will always be done. :shrug: It’s akin to ‘Playing the dozens’. You give em your best, and they give you theirs. And I’d stake my life on the fact that a comedian like Richards has been heckled from day one.

And for goodness sakes, are you a self-hating black person or what?!!!!!! I don't even know why I ask, because your posts certainly seem to bare this out. SMH.

Being called a ****** under ANY circumstance is worthy of waiting for a fool after show time outside and giving him a good round ass-kicking.

At least we agree on one thing though...
I never Liked ‘Seinfeld’ either. :tape: I found it to be utter trash for a comedy. :p

Erika_Angel
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/showbiz/2006/11/19/b.anderson.nword.cnn

Here is the vid for those who the other didn't work for.

Richards: :scared:

RVD
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:45 PM

For the love of all things logical and moral...!!!
What the hell is wrong with Wannabeknowitall?!?! :eek: :fiery:

ampers&
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:46 PM
What the hell is wrong with Wannabeknowitall?!?! :eek: :fiery:
He was born black and he doesn't like it very much. :awww:

Anyway, Richards is a moron.
The end.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:49 PM

Great :haha: :haha:

samsung101
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:50 PM
On the one hand, you could assume he's a racist pig in the
line of the KKK, he just hid it all these years.

Or he's an idiot in general, and he hid that well all these years.

We'll see how he reacts.

I think he's headed to the 'whatever happened to' file.

But, comics get heckled all the time, and most don't resort to
this. They play with the heckler, pretend to hate them in a
funny way, have them removed, something like that. They don't
normally use the 'n' word and talk about lynching them. The guy
was wrong. He handled it badly, and that's no excuse for what
he said, over & over it seems.

RVD
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I await to hear what his excuse will be.

He's heading to rehab.
He was abused as a child.
He's getting a divorce.
He was drunk.
He mixed prescription drugs.
He's bi-polar.
He's in therapy.
He's a Democrat.
He's a Republican.
He's a penguin.
He's bankrupt.
He was using reverse psychology.
He's diabetic and forgot his insulin.
He was only acting.H
He was filming a Borat style spoof.
Ha ha...don't you get it.

No.
Most of us dont get it.

You just know he'll have some self serving, PR agent
written, triangulation excuse for this.OMFG!! Samsung gets it! :eek: :worship: :worship: I apologize for I have unjustly misjudged you on this point. :sad: ;)

Wannabeknowitall stands alone. :tape: :haha:

spokenword73
Nov 20th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I just called The Laugh Factory (323) 848-2800 and was told that the Kramer dude was supposed to issue an apology the weekend after his outburst, he didn't and the LF have "cut all ties" with the comedian.

I remembered this is the same place that the kid who accused Michael Jackson used to hang out.

The owner Jamie Masada and others seem like decent people, and I don't believe they would tolerate this kind of racism (even if it's just for business motives)

I haven't read through the whole thread, but any person defending this garbage is whack.

If that Kramer dude was upset that he was being heckled, why play the race card? He could have called the guys "jerks" or a--holes"???:fiery:

RVD
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:02 PM

PS: if you meet a ****** who is a heckler, does that make him a niggler? Man, I really should go into this stand up comedy thing one day!OH NO!! Not you too!!

*takes away kewl points*

Okay, WHY does heckling warrant a racist tirade?!
Even if by chance the hecklers were tossing racist bombs, it STILL would not have been acceptable.

Stick a fork in Kramer's days in Hollywood. He's done folks.

RVD
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Kramer wasn't sponge-worthy!:haha: :devil:
Helen, you so bad. ;)

RVD
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:05 PM

Anyway, Richards is a moron.
The end.:tape: :lol: :o How embarrassing! :o

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:30 PM
no they dont, stop it!
its still a hilarious show, blacks. :D

I love that show, but this makes me :sad:

LoveFifteen
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:32 PM

:spit:

Oh no you didn't! :mad:

spartanfan
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:46 PM
He just ruined Seinfeld for me (and am I one of the few african-americans who loved this show and have seen every episode at least 5 times?) But like others have said, being heckled as a comedien goes with the job. I guarantee every comedian has been heckled, but there's a line that does not need to be crossed when responding. A comedien can be mean or even crass, but not a bigot or racist. And Richards being close to 60 years old knows there's no excuse for using the N-word, hell he lived thru the civil rights movement and knows the historical significance of the word and its unacceptability. But as others have said, fair-minded and non-bigoted people don't even have that word in their vocabulary. Richards can issue every apology in the world, but he'll never convince me he's not a bigot or a racist.

mykarma
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I just called The Laugh Factory (323) 848-2800 and was told that the Kramer dude was supposed to issue an apology the weekend after his outburst, he didn't and the LF have "cut all ties" with the comedian.

I remembered this is the same place that the kid who accused Michael Jackson used to hang out.

The owner Jamie Masada and others seem like decent people, and I don't believe they would tolerate this kind of racism (even if it's just for business motives)

I haven't read through the whole thread, but any person defending this garbage is whack.

If that Kramer dude was upset that he was being heckled, why play the race card? He could have called the guys "jerks" or a--holes"???:fiery:
On Fox, They said that the laugh factory had Kramer perform the next night but only decided to ban Kramer when people decided to picket the club. Now he's banned for life. The all mighty dollar speaks volumes, doesn't it.

moon
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:07 PM
that's disappointing to hear.
but I won't watch the video. it might interfere with my Seinfeld dvd watching experience. :p

mykarma
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:16 PM
that's disappointing to hear.
but I won't watch the video. it might interfere with my Seinfeld dvd watching experience. :p
Has anyone been able to see the video?

moon
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:18 PM

as far as I know, the link has been posted in this thread. and yes people have seen it.

Erika_Angel
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:18 PM

I posted another link to a CNN news report which has the vid on it, a page or so ago :)

!Gio!
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I still love Seinfeld, its a great show, it doesn't matter to me what some bitter, and probably drugged up actor thinks, quite frankly I feel sorry for him, if he truly feels like that. The wierd thing is most racism comes from ignorance but he is a celebrity with loads of money who has been exposed to so many different types of people and he is jewish( he is in a minority group himself which in this day and age shouldn't even matter). In this case I don't know where the ignorance is coming from, he just seems stupid, no matter what those people did to hackle him there is just no excuse for saying that and than justifying it, he sounds like a sad excuse of a person, with that being said, everyone makes mistakes and maybe something got up his ass that day, maybe he didn't mean exactly what he said and thats a big maybe. I don't know the whole story but anyone who says that is just out of his mind, its a foolish display. In the end of the day I don't want to judge anyone but with that being said I feel sorry for the guy anyone who says and feels like that especially a high class celebrity(and fellow minority member) must be filled up with hate. I just feel sorry for people like that, people who live there lives with bitterness and hate(aka racism and bigotry). I hope he is not that guy for his own sake. Anyway lets wait and see what he says.

I still love Seinfeld and always will, a thing like this shouldn't downplay Seinfeld, an original groundbreaking, laugh out loud funny comedy series which was greatly needed by television at the time.
I love Elaine Marie Benes she is one of a kind.

Wigglytuff
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:27 PM

not surprised. a typical wtaworld racist. :wavey:

Wigglytuff
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:31 PM
OH NO!! Not you too!!

*takes away kewl points*

Okay, WHY does heckling warrant a racist tirade?!
Even if by chance the hecklers were tossing racist bombs, it STILL would not have been acceptable.

Stick a fork in Kramer's days in Hollywood. He's done folks.

dude, how did this guy have any cool points with you to begin with? :help:

:scratch:

Wigglytuff
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Jeevus! You now sound like Samsung's little brother/sister. :eek: :eek: :eek:
are you a self-hating black person or what?!!!!!! I don't even know why I ask, because your posts certainly seem to bare this out. SMH.

of course he is, but you know that. :tape: :tape:

mykarma
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:02 PM
of course he is, but you know that. :tape: :tape:
Seinfield was already scheduled to be on David Letterman tonight so he invited Kramer to join him to explain what happened. Kramer said he was upset and lost it but he's not a racist. :lol::lol::lol:

mykarma
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:03 PM
as far as I know, the link has been posted in this thread. and yes people have seen it.
I saw some of it on television but haven't been able to see it online. The link that was posted doesn't work for me.

Wigglytuff
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:04 PM

yeah it works.

Sam L
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Seinfield was already scheduled to be on David Letterman tonight so he invited Kramer to join him to explain what happened. Kramer said he was upset and lost it but he's not a racist. :lol::lol::lol:

I'll wait for what he has to say before judging him. Thanks. :rolleyes:

RunDown
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:18 PM

Can I call you a dumbass, too?
There's reacting, and then there's overreacting

Yelling out "******" half a dozen times and then saying that 50 years ago he could've lynched these two, goes above and beyond just getting back at those specific hecklers. Every black person and every non-black person in the room with any sense would've been offended by that. And he obviously knows he went overboard since he'll be apologizing on some talk show tonight.

tennismaster8820
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I'm a big fan of Seinfeld and this incident can not change that!
However I'll always be reminded of this when I see Kramer!:sad:
There's realy no exuce for what he has done! And also his reaction after that just confirmes that he meant it all!:tape:

mykarma
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Can I call you a dumbass, too?
There's reacting, and then there's overreacting

Yelling out "******" half a dozen times and then saying that 50 years ago he could've lynched these two, goes above and beyond just getting back at those specific hecklers. Every black person and every non-black person in the room with any sense would've been offended by that. And he obviously knows he went overboard since he'll be apologizing on some talk show tonight.
He's also apologizing because even his friends thought what he said was disgusting.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:32 PM
is he jewish? i'm not necessarily suggesting that if he is, that it makes it a better or worse thing, i just want to know. it does change some things whether u'd like to admit it or not

!Gio!
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:34 PM
is he jewish? i'm not necessarily suggesting that if he is, that it makes it a better or worse thing, i just want to know. it does change some things whether u'd like to admit it or not
yeah, the whole cast of Seinfeld is.

Sam L
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:40 PM
What does it change? Please tell me.

!Gio!
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:42 PM

your right not too much its all the same I think, but I do think that as a minority himself he should know better.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 20th, 2006, 11:52 PM
And for goodness sakes, are you a self-hating black person or what?!!!!!! I don't even know why I ask, because your posts certainly seem to bare this out. SMH.

Being called a ****** under ANY circumstance is worthy of waiting for a fool after show time outside and giving him a good round ass-kicking.

I said that the comments are disgusting.
I'm just not calling for his head on a platter.
Ass-kicking fine. Hit in the back with a bat a couple of times, fine.

I never will see the point of putting full blame on just one person when there happens to be two or more people involved.
There's a cause and effect relationship here.
If you are willing to deny it's there or whatever then fine but don't attack me like the other five poster in this thread for mentioning it.
I'm sure it makes you feel better about yourself in trying to put me down by calling me a self-hating black but I'm not.

But hey, if you weren't so busy commenting about me (and the 4 other posters in here who had absolutely not one comment in here to say except to me because they lack orginality and individualism, and couldn't help but to attach to someone's coattail) you might have wondered why the article thought it was important to mention African Americans and cheap seats in the same sentence.
:wavey:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM

your right not too much its all the same I think, but I do think that as a minority himself he should know better.

yea pretty much how i feel lol. it changes the perspective. knowing how it feels to be called in a oppresively derrogatory manner.

spokenword73
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM
On Fox, They said that the laugh factory had Kramer perform the next night but only decided to ban Kramer when people decided to picket the club. Now he's banned for life. The all mighty dollar speaks volumes, doesn't it.

Yeah, the dolla hollas.;)
Kramer or whatever his name happens to be will be on Letterman tonight apologizing. Wha a croc. Seinfield will be there also taking up for him.
He'll never live this down. His career is over.:bounce:
The venom and hate with which he was ranting was what got me. I know we black people can be sensitive, but this wasn't a slip of the tongue or a misunderstanding. It was full on racist rant. All he needed was the rope.

Sam L
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:03 AM
I never will see the point of putting full blame on just one person when there happens to be two or more people involved.
You are willing to deny it's there or whatever then fine but don't attack me like the other five poster in this thread for mentioning it.
I'm sure it makes you feel better about yourself in trying to put me down by calling me a self-hating black but I'm not.

:clap2:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah, the dolla hollas.;)
Kramer or whatever his name happens to be will be on Letterman tonight apologizing. Wha a croc. Seinfield will be there also taking up for him.
He'll never live this down. His career is over.:bounce:
The venom and hate with which he was ranting was what got me. I know we black people can be sensitive, but this wasn't a slip of the tongue or a misunderstanding. It was full on racist rant. All he needed was the rope.

i dont think his career is over... but he'll never be looked at the same :o .

if he was a famous politician, sociology teacher, or clothing designer... yea his career could be over, but there seems to be more slack given to comedians than in other publicly open occupations

spokenword73
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:10 AM
i dont think his career is over... but he'll never be looked at the same :o .

if he was a famous politician, sociology teacher, or clothing designer... yea his career could be over, but there seems to be more slack given to comedians than in other publicly open occupations

You could be right. The problem is, he didn't have much of a career beyond Seinfield anyway. He certainly isn't cut out for stand-up. Come to think of it, there could be a part for him in a that new movie Mel Gibson is directed called "The Klansmen":angel:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:19 AM
You could be right. The problem is, he didn't have much of a career beyond Seinfield anyway. He certainly isn't cut out for stand-up. Come to think of it, there could be a part for him in a that new movie Mel Gibson is directed called "The Klansmen":angel:

oh i think his film/tv career is over though haha. no way anyone in the film/tv industry is going to let him get away with that. we'll see about the apology though.

spokenword73
Nov 21st, 2006, 12:25 AM
oh i think his film/tv career is over though haha. no way anyone in the film/tv industry is going to let him get away with that. we'll see about the apology though.

I don't mean to speak for all black people, but I believe his apology (which he issues on the Letterman Show; do black people watch Letterman?) will fall on deaf ears. Especially the bit about "I am not a racist." :rolleyes: If he is not a racist, I would hate to run into a real racist any time soon.

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:30 AM
I'll wait for what he has to say before judging him. Thanks. :rolleyes:
It didn't stop you from judging the black guys or the Iranian kid that got hased.

Vlover
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE]And for goodness sakes, are you a self-hating black person or what?!!!!!!

He's black?::eek:

Obviously wannabe thinks there are appropriate times to use racial slurs.:help: I guess the next time its used in reference to him he can debate if its justied.:rolleyes:

Apologsts for bigotry are just as despicable.:tape:

PatrickRyan
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:40 AM
omg kramer :eek:

harloo
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:41 AM
It didn't stop you from judging the black guys or the Iranian kid that got hased.

Kramer's racist tirade is documented on video for the world to see and Sam L claims he'll just wait until he see's what the comedian has to say.

The man has already spoken.:tape: :lol: R-A-C-I-S-T!!

harloo
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:47 AM

I don't even think Seinfield can use his influence to get his buddy out of this one. Maybe he should just apologize, go away for awhile and hope the video dies a slow death.:lol:

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:01 AM
Seinfield was already scheduled to be on David Letterman tonight so he invited Kramer to join him to explain what happened. Kramer said he was upset and lost it but he's not a racist. :lol::lol::lol: :haha: A racist whose job it is to draw people in and make people laugh, not admitting to being racists is a sad man indeed.
Hopefully now that the world has seen the true nature of Richards, he'll seek help asap.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:04 AM
He's black? :eek:

exactly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :help: :help:

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:06 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :haha: :haha: yeah ok :haha: :haha:

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:08 AM
I said that the comments are disgusting.
I'm just not calling for his head on a platter.
Ass-kicking fine. Hit in the back with a bat a couple of times, fine.

If you are willing to deny it's there or whatever then fine but don't attack me like the other five poster in this thread for mentioning it.

But hey, if you weren't so busy commenting about me (and the 4 other posters in here who had absolutely not one comment in here to say except to me because they lack orginality and individualism, and couldn't help but to attach to someone's coattail) you might have wondered why the article thought it was important to mention African Americans and cheap seats in the same sentence.
:wavey:Your logic is very skewed wannabeknowitall.
If you can't see the obviousness of this mistake, then there's nothing more that I can say to clarify the heinous nature of the offense. :shrug:

And quite frankly, I would never have expected your brand of weak excuses to have come from someone of AA descent. *sigh*
But hey, you'll soon learn. We all at some point do whether we want to or not.

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE=ReeVeeDynasty;9520641]

Obviously wannabe thinks there are appropriate times to use racial slurs.:help: I guess the next time its used in reference to him he can debate if its justied.:rolleyes:

Apologsts for bigotry are just as despicable.:tape:Honestly, I can't believe it myself In fact, I won't believe it. Anyone can claim to be anything on a board site. :shrug: I have to go by a person's words and their written experience to judge. And wannabeknowitall can't have lived as long as he/she has and not be affected by Richard's extreme hatred towards blacks. Unless he/she has lived an EXTREMELY sheltered life. Nope, even that won't even cut it.

Otherwise, the ignorance is just unfathomable. :scared:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:17 AM

Apologsts for bigotry are just as despicable.:tape:

Who are you? 1/20 of your posts are dealing with some comment on me.

I'm not apologizing for bigotry.
I am acknowledging there's a cause and effect relationship and I'm not going to attest all the blame on just one party.

Again supposedly this is a black and white issue.
Either you blame the hecklers or blame Kramer.
When I bring up a grey area, perhaps blame should be put on both parties, I'm attacked more than the people who have put more blame squarely on the hecklers.
What the fuck is that all about?

Again why is it that every time I bring up a grey area, people can't even acknowledge that it could be just as correct as either side.
Jeez. What is wrong with some of yall.

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:23 AM
Who are you? 1/20 of your posts are dealing with some comment on me.

I am acknowledging there's a cause and effect relationship and I'm not going to attest all the blame on just one party.

Again supposedly this is a black and white issue.
Either you blame the hecklers or blame Kramer.
When I bring up a grey area, perhaps blame should be put on both parties, I'm attacked more than the people who have put more blame squarely on the hecklers.
What the fuck is that all about?

Again why is it that every time I bring up a grey area, people can't even acknowledge that it could be just as correct as either side.
Jeez. What is wrong with some of yall.Could it be because... THERE IS NO GREY AREA HERE? :shrug:

Richards called them ******S!!
No, screamed it at the top of his voice. My goodness, where's the 'grey area' in that?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!
Then Richard goes on to make a 'HANGING' reference. Again, where is the 'grey area'?

Could it be that you are in some way embarrassed to admit that such people exist in this day and age? Really, what is the deal? :confused:

SJW
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:27 AM
Sam L and Wannabe you two are sick.
Heckling is part of comedy. Are you two seriously that ignorant? Never mind.
They didn't deserve to be called ******s or told that they should be lynched. But you two excusing such vile and disgusting behaviour doesn't surprise me. At least he had the balls to come out and say how he really feels.
I suppose if I came out and ranted anti-Semitic epithets, I would be excused in such a manner too :confused:
Didn't think so :rolleyes:
I hope future would-be employers take the same stance as the LF, but for some reason I'm not too optimistic.

Mrs. Peel
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:34 AM

:bigclap:

Says it all doesn't it? :tape:

I am extremely appalled at the lynching comments. That is more disgusting and low than his N word rant.

I don't want to hear his bullshit apology. That is some deep seated hate right there. This was not a momentary lapse.

Mr. Richards has no business doing stand up and hopefully will never be given the opportunity again.

G1Player2
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:38 AM
Sam L and Wannabe you two are sick.
Heckling is part of comedy. Are you two seriously that ignorant? Never mind.
They didn't deserve to be called ******s or told that they should be lynched. But you two excusing such vile and disgusting behaviour doesn't surprise me. At least he had the balls to come out and say how he really feels.
I suppose if I came out and ranted anti-Semitic epithets, I would be excused in such a manner too :confused:
Didn't think so :rolleyes:
I hope future would-be employers take the same stance as the LF, but for some reason I'm not too optimistic.

:worship: Wannabeknowitall's SELF-HATING black ass nor Sam "racist" L have EVER been to a comedy club if they don't think heckling is a big part of the show. I have been to several comedy shows and heckling is always very rampant. In fact, a sharp comedian always calls them out, and no matter how good they look, how sharply dressed they are, the comedian will find something wrong with them to talk about :lol:. Nine times out of ten the heckler will laugh with them and stop, or continue, and get clowned again. If it REALLY gets bad, the comedian will just ask the heckler to leave, or get security to remove them, but that isn't usually the case. Like I said, the usual case is that the heckler may taunt the comedian, get busted out, and just enjoy the rest of the show. So, if Richards can't deal with the heat, then he should stay out of the kithcen. Him trying to explain himself will not work with the average African American citizen and I have no sympathy for him or his pathetic apology. Comedian are trained, trust me, how to deal with hecklers, and how to come up with witty jokes when a heckler is pestering them so Michael Richards apology won't mean much IMO. Wannabeknowitall, you are a sicko and very mentally disturbed.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:39 AM
Could it be because... THERE IS NO GREY AREA HERE? :shrug:

No, screamed it at the top of his voice. My goodness, where's the 'grey area' in that?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!
Then Richard goes on to make a 'HANGING' reference. Again, where is the 'grey area'?

Could it be that you are in some way embarrassed to admit that such people exist in this day and age? Really, what is the deal? :confused:

Whoa. He called them ******s.
All previous actions are nullified once he screamed it.

Since you won't acknowledge a cause and effect relationship maybe we'll just change the scenario but still go along with this "all previous actions are nullifed once he said the n word".

So let's just say that two black people happen to start beating up a whitey for his money to death but with his last breath he screams ******.

Are you telling me you would not even acknowledge that a man got beat up because he said the N word?
He must have deserved it, I guess.

G1Player2
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:40 AM

Since you won't acknowledge a cause and effect relationship maybe we'll just change the scenario but still go along with this "all previous actions are nullifed once he said the n word".

So let's just say that two black people happen to start beating up a whitey for his money to death but with his last breath he screams ******.

Are you telling me you would not even acknowledge that a man got beat up because he said the N word?

That analogy SUCKED. These two situations weren't even close. :weirdo:

darrinbaker00
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:43 AM

He didn't get beat up for saying the "N" word; he got beat up for no reason at all. The two scenarios are not in the same area code, and you very well know that.

LoveFifteen
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:44 AM
Oh my God, I just watchced the video. I don't think Kramer's a racist ... he said "knickers"! :o

Okay, just kidding. That was seriously so disturbing. What a bad person!

I can't believe in his apology he said, "The most insane thing is that I am not a racist!" Sorry, Kramer, but that's about as credible as "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinksy."

stevos
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA78V1Bu3Po (Kramer's "Apology")

This is on the late show, I dont know if anyone's seen this yet.

That video made me sick to my stomach.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:49 AM
:worship: Wannabeknowitall's SELF-HATING black ass nor Sam "racist" L have EVER been to a comedy club if they don't think heckling is a big part of the show. I have been to several comedy shows and heckling is always very rampant. In fact, a sharp comedian always calls them out, and no matter how good they look, how sharply dressed they are, the comedian will find something wrong with them to talk about :lol:. Nine times out of ten the heckler will laugh with them and stop, or continue, and get clowned again. If it REALLY gets bad, the comedian will just ask the heckler to leave, or get security to remove them, but that isn't usually the case. Like I said, the usual case is that the heckler may taunt the comedian, get busted out, and just enjoy the rest of the show. So, if Richards can't deal with the heat, then he should stay out of the kithcen. Him trying to explain himself will not work with the average African American citizen and I have no sympathy for him or his pathetic apology. Comedian are trained, trust me, how to deal with hecklers, and how to come up with witty jokes when a heckler is pestering them so Michael Richards apology won't mean much IMO. Wannabeknowitall, you are a sicko and very mentally disturbed.

I'll just put quote myself since re-writing is a waste of time.
I swear I'm dealing with retards.
They don't read a damn thing and then want to make a opinion on me with a bias.

Yes I go to comedy shows. All comedians can deal with one heckler or should be able to.
Once it becomes more than that, some aren't as good with dealing with that.
It's the group mentality that can throw them off even if it's two people.

Heckling is apart of comedy yes.
Some comedians can deal with it while others cannot though.
Most comedians who are quick on their feet usually LOVE hecklers.
Michael Richards isn't one of those people as we see, he seems to be one of those strict comedians who has everything planned and doesn't know what to do when things don't go as planned.

I'm not insulting everyone's intelligence.
You are by saying there is one general comedian out there performing and that's just not the case.

Some plan ahead, some plan too way ahead, some plan and bring the crowd into their jokes and hope there's a heckler out there, others prefer to just hear themselves speak and just have laughs and giggles from time to time, some have enough material they can basically do anything.

Obviously Michael Richards isn't a sharpe, quick on the feet comedian. DUH
Even I have mentioned that.

Lord, please give these morons the gift of literacy. Please. I beg of you.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:56 AM
He didn't get beat up for saying the "N" word; he got beat up for no reason at all. The two scenarios are not in the same area code, and you very well know that.

And perhaps Michael Richards got heckled for no reason at all. :wavey:

Even if it's a usual thing for MOST comedians to get heckled, not every comedian is the same.

If dude sucked, then fine but some people actually laughed at the one of the first racial remarks.
It's disturbing but what does it tell ya?
Perhaps he was having a good show after all, enough for people to even laugh at crap like that.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:56 AM
If you girls can stop bitching at each other for a couple minutes there is a video of Michael Richards in the Letterman thread. :wavey:

video does not work. a direct link would be better.

stevos
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA78V1Bu3Po (Kramer's "Apology")

This is on the late show, I dont know if anyone's seen this yet.

That video made me sick to my stomach.

^^ Just posted it :shrug:

darrinbaker00
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:06 AM
And perhaps Michael Richards got heckled for no reason at all. :wavey:

Even if it's a usual thing for MOST comedians to get heckled, not every comedian is the same.

If dude sucked, then fine but some people actually laughed at the one of the first racial remarks.
It's disturbing but what does it tell ya?
Perhaps he was having a good show after all, enough for people to even laugh at crap like that.
Even if Michael Richards was heckled for no reason at all, there's no excuse for reacting the way he did. Period. Nothing comes out of your mouth that isn't already in your head.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:14 AM
Even if Michael Richards was heckled for no reason at all, there's no excuse for reacting the way he did. Period. Nothing comes out of your mouth that isn't already in your head.

When a person cracks, they crack.
The catalyst for that breakdown can become the full focus of the action after the breakdown.

Example:
Some posters on here are getting on my last nerves.
I see dog shit in my lawn from my neighbor's dog.
I crack.
Guess what's going to happen next? :devil:

Something dealing with shit, my neighbor, and some kind of offensive action.

darrinbaker00
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:19 AM
When a person cracks, they crack.
The catalyst for that breakdown can become the full focus of the action after the breakdown.

Example:
Some posters on here are getting on my last nerves.
I see dog shit in my lawn from my neighbor's dog.
I crack.
Guess what's going to happen next? :devil:

Something dealing with shit, my neighbor, and some kind of offensive action.
Again, bad analogy. If you let posters on this board get on your nerves, perhaps therapy is in order.

Ferosh
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:22 AM
Wow, that was pretty bad.

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:24 AM

He must have deserved it, I guess.WOW!!
...wow...

Ya know...I'll tell ya what...

Since I'm a nice guy, I'll give you ample time to construct a better scenario. But just be sure that the circumstances relate. that's all I ask.

Truth be told, I'm more interested now in how you will adequately justify Richard's vs The Heckler's actions than in this entire case.

So go right ahead wannabeknowitall. You have my FULL attention. :angel:

kiwifan
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:31 AM
WOW!!
...wow...

Since I'm a nice guy, I'll give you ample time to construct a better scenario. But just be sure that the circumstances relate. that's all I ask.

Truth be told, I'm more interested now in how you will adequately justify Richard's vs The Heckler's actions than in this entire case.

Funny thing is even Kramer in the preview of Letterman disagrees with wannabeknowitall. :haha:

I'll stand by my earlier comments...you know "pathetic", "muppets", blah blah blah :devil:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:33 AM
Again, bad analogy. If you let posters on this board get on your nerves, perhaps therapy is in order.

Go look up the definition of example then take two Tylenols and call me in the morning.
:p :) ;)

StarDuvallGrant
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:38 AM
Why do people apologize when they make racial slurs and do people really buy the apologies? When someone uses the n word and talks about people hanging in trees, it's not an "accident" or a "mistake". That hatred is ingrained in those people. They are sorry that their comments got them in hot water, not about the racism...

tennismaster8820
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:46 AM
Jeez. What is wrong with some of yall.

Well, I perfectly understand what you are trying to say, nothing is realy black and white! It could be called grey if they were throwing racist insults to Richards during his act! Although I agree with you, I don't think this is an appropriate moment to say there's always a grey area! :shrug:

Erika_Angel
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:48 AM
I'll agree with Wannabe that the hecklers were rude and in the wrong for interrupting Richards' act however to try to put his comments on the same level is going way too far.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:49 AM
WOW!!
...wow...

Oh good. So this is what I'm going to do.
I'm going to let this settle for a week and that will give you ample time for you to stop being a condescending asshole.
That way perhaps we could stop the name calling (you and I both) and have a rational convo dealing with something about race that particularly doesn't have to be right only if it's your viewpoint.
That seems fair.
So is Nov. 27th 7:00 pm EST free for you?

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:49 AM
Funny thing is even Kramer in the preview of Letterman disagrees with wannabeknowitall. :haha:

I'll stand by my earlier comments...you know "pathetic", "muppets", blah blah blah :devil:YEAH!! And did you listen to the FULL CNN.COM news commentary?! :eek:
Richards has NO way to run. The host even commented on the theory that Richards, not knowing that a video was made, might have tried to brush it off. But then after the vid played the actual footage, he had to regroup and attempt to issue a pathetic apology.

Wannabeknowitall is a very interesting study in denial. I can't fathom how this issue could possibly be considered or even shared by the hecklers. Bottom line:

High or not...
Heckled or not...
Accidental slip of the tongue or not...

Michael Richards made undeniable racially inflammatory statements that were captured for all to see. There is NO grey area. And even if those guys made the worst statements possible [which they did not...] Michael Richards being the 'professional' actor screwed up beyond imagination.

That's it.
That's all.
There is not other logical or reasonable 'out' in this case. :(

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:54 AM
I'll agree with Wannabe that the hecklers were rude and in the wrong for interrupting Richards' act however to try to put his comments on the same level is going way too far.

It's a cause and effect relationship but I didn't say that it was on the same level.
I'm just trying to some blame on the hecklers and Richards, not all blame on one or the other.

It's not half & half.

It could be 30::70, 20::80, 1::99, your pick as long as some blame is put on both parties.

BTW, having someone who most posters would consider a bigot themselves somewhat agree with me doesn't look great but hey I'LL TAKE IT. :lol:

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:54 AM
Oh good. So this is what I'm going to do.
I'm going to let this settle for a week and that will give you ample time for you to stop being a condescending asshole.
That way perhaps we could stop the name calling (you and I both) and have a rational convo dealing with something about race that particularly doesn't have to be right only if it's your viewpoint.
That seems fair.
So is Nov. 27th 7:00 pm EST free for you?I'll take that as an admission that you couldn't devise an acceptable analogy then.

Nice dealing with ya. :wavey:

Erika_Angel
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:56 AM
BTW, having someone who most posters would consider a bigot themselves somewhat agree with me doesn't look great but hey I'LL TAKE IT. :lol:

I don't find this statement even remotely funny. I'd hardly say 'most posters' consider me a bigot.

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:58 AM
I don't find this statement even remotely funny. I'd hardly say 'most posters' consider me a bigot.Dang Erika...!! :spit:
You got royally REAMED by the very poster you tried to help out. :haha: :lol: :tape: :help:

Erika_Angel
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:02 AM
Dang Erika...!! :spit:
You got royally REAMED by the very poster you tried to help out. :haha: :lol: :tape: :help:

Well to be fair I wasn't trying to help him out. Just posting that I agreed on that particular comment. To have that thrown back at me though was completely out of order and entirely incorrect. I'd hardly say reamed though, it was merely an attempt by a racist bigoted poster who hates me trying to get one on me

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:10 AM
I'll take that as an admission that you couldn't devise an acceptable analogy then.

Nice dealing with ya. :wavey:

No. It means I can bump this up in a week when you're not being a condescending asshole since you're giving me ample time.

Now you're instigating. Come on now.
I know people use outlets to get their inner child out but this is getting a bit out of hand.

kiwifan
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:16 AM

I gotta give wannabe a green dot for that!!! :haha: :lol: :tape: :hehehe: :devil:

:smoke:

meyerpl
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:19 AM
I watched the clip and Richards on Letterman. He seems like a very disturbed man.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:23 AM
Well to be fair I wasn't trying to help him out. Just posting that I agreed on that particular comment. To have that thrown back at me though was completely out of order and entirely incorrect. I'd hardly say reamed though, it was merely an attempt by a racist bigoted poster who hates me trying to get one on me

Erika I don't hate you. I don't love you. I'm pretty indifferent but aware of your existence in some threads.

You fell for a simple trick by someone I should say be in the paradox sequel
"30 Going On Thirteen".

So I'll deny that I'm a racist bigot because if I don't fools on here will take any kind of non-admission (such as not as denying something in reply post) as proof of admission.

Maybe I forgot a couple of words in that sentence so I'm sorry for that.
I'll revise it.

BTW, having someone who most posters in a racial thread such as this would consider a bigot somewhat agree with me, doesn't look great but hey I'LL TAKE IT.

Mrs. Peel
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:33 AM
Richards Apologizes for Racial Slurs

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20061121T021130Z"));3 hours agoUPDATED 31 MINUTES AGO
LOS ANGELES - Michael Richards said Monday he spewed racial epithets during a stand-up comedy routine because he lost his cool while being heckled and not because he's a bigot.

"For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry," the former "Seinfeld" co-star said during a satellite appearance for David Letterman's "Late Show" in New York.
"I'm not a racist. That's what's so insane about this," Richards said, his tone becoming angry and frustrated as he defended himself. A clip from the show played on CBS before the "Late Show" aired Monday night.
Richards described himself as going into "a rage" over the two audience members who interrupted his act Friday at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Richards responded to the black hecklers with repeated use of the "n word" and profanities.

Jerry Seinfeld, who had issued a statement saying he was "sick over this horrible, horrible mistake" and calling it offensive, was scheduled as a Letterman guest Monday. He encouraged Richards to make a satellite appearance to talk about the incident, a CBS publicist said.
Richards deserved the chance to apologize, Seinfeld said on the "Late Show." Seinfeld said, "He's someone that I love, and I know how shattered he is about" the incident.

At one point, however, Richards grew flustered and expressed second thoughts about appearing on the "Late Show" when his use of the term "Afro-American" proved funny to some audience members.
"I'm hearing your audience laugh, and I'm not even sure that this is where I should be addressing the situation," he said in a tape of his appearance shown by CBS to reporters.

Richards, 57, who played Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit 1989-98 sitcom and whose major credit since was a failed 2000 comedy, hadn't spoken publicly about his remarks before "Late Show." Calls to his representatives were not returned Monday.
His onstage remarks were condemned by industry colleagues.
Comedian Paul Rodriguez, who was at the Laugh Factory during Richards' performance, said he was shocked.

"Once the word comes out of your mouth and you don't happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of explaining," Rodriguez told CNN. "Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael Richards found those limitations."

His Laugh Factory tirade began after the two clubgoers shouted at him that he wasn't funny. Video of the incident was posted on TMZ.com.
Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--."
He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.
"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

Moderating his tone at one point, Richards tells the audience, "It shocks you, it shocks you" and refers to "what lays buried."
While there is some chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and people respond with "ooh" after Richards uses the n-word.
Eventually someone calls out: "It's not funny. That's why you're a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies. 'Seinfeld,' that's it."
On Monday, about a half-dozen community activists gathered at the club to denounce Richards' remarks and demand an apology.

"These kind of comments hurt all of us," said protester Lita Sister Herron of the Youth Advocacy Coalition. She called Richards' comments hate speech.
The protesters also demanded an apology from the Laugh Factory. At a news conference a short time later, club owner Jamie Masada expressed remorse and said Richards will not be back at the club until he says he's sorry.
"This is one thing we don't tolerate. ... I personally apologize. I apologize from my heart," Masada said Monday.
Richards did appear at the club Saturday, without incident, but that was because he had told the club he intended to apologize, according to a Laugh Factory statement Monday.
Rodriguez, also at the news conference, said: "I kept expecting a punch line. It didn't come."

Veteran publicist Michael Levine, whose clients have included comedians George Carlin, Sam Kinison and Rodney Dangerfield, called Richards' remarks inexcusable. Comics often face hecklers without losing their cool, he said. "I've never seen anything like this in my life," Levine said Monday. "I think it's a career ruiner for him. ... It's going to be a long road back for him, if at all."
Daryl Pitts, a Laugh Factory audience member interviewed by CNN, compared the incident to another recent celebrity controversy.

"You think about Mel Gibson and what he said, and put that in the context of this, it's very upsetting," Pitts said, referring to Gibson's anti-Semitic outburst during his arrest for drunken driving.
Scrutiny of Richards' remarks likely will continue but won't match the level prompted by Gibson's behavior because Richards is far less famous, Levine said.

Comedian George Lopez told Los Angeles television station KTLA that he thought Richards' lack of stand-up experience may have been a factor.
"The question is you have an actor who is trying to be a comedian who doesn't know what to do when an audience is disruptive," Lopez said. "He's an actor whose show has been off the air, he shouldn't ever be on a stand-up gig."

...definitely a long road back....

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:33 AM
That analogy SUCKED. These two situations weren't even close. :weirdo:

i have to agree that doesnt even make sense. comparing get heckled at a comedy club to getting beat to death?? what gives.

Erika_Angel
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:34 AM
BTW, having someone who most posters in a racial thread such as this would consider a bigot somewhat agree with me, doesn't look great but hey I'LL TAKE IT.

I know which posters you are talkin' about and I hardly care what those racists think about me. Though I still wouldn't say it was MOST posters in the threads. Just the same 3 or 4 who seem to pop up in every racial thread throwing around accusations like they are going out of fashion.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:37 AM
I don't find this statement even remotely funny. I'd hardly say 'most posters' consider me a bigot.

:lol: :lol: :lol:yes "most posters" when you a racist, people will call you that. i know i will. but hey you live a world of stupidity and denial! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:40 AM

:lol: :lol: :worship: :worship:

well now you know why i dont get sad at all when the likes of Selesfan70 and its ilk disagree with me.

but i have to give you mad props for saying what you said!!!:worship: :worship:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:40 AM
hey you live a world of stupidity and denial! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This coming from someone who calls herself an angry black lesbian pokemon while sheltering herself with knitting and cutey wutey animal projects.

Erika_Angel
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:42 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:yes "most posters" when you a racist, people will call you that. i know i will. but hey you live a world of stupidity and denial! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I present exhibit A :haha:

I don't make racist comments Wiggly :) I only make comments about certain people on this board, not entire races, and those comments are definitely are not based on skin color.

But I guess it would be better for you If I only disliked you for being black, but that ain't the reason hun. It is cause you are an uneducated, small minded, argumentative individual. Everyone can see that. But I'm not surprised that it leads you to call me racist :rolleyes:

Wannabeknowitall
:lol: :lol: :worship: :worship:

well now you know why i dont get sad at all when the likes of Selesfan70 and its ilk disagree with me.

but i have to give you mad props for saying what you said!!!:worship: :worship:

Since you'll likely take this back after reading post number 169, I'm just going to just keep this in the thread. :wavey:

Wigglytuff
I watched the clip and Richards on Letterman. He seems like a very disturbed man.

do you know if the entire interview is up on youtube yet?

Erika_Angel
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:43 AM
This coming from someone who calls herself an angry black lesbian pokemon while sheltering herself with knitting and cutey wutey animal projects.

I love how you are throwing around insults like you are Mr/s Popular of the WTAWorld :rolleyes:

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:44 AM
Since you'll likely take this back after reading post number 169, I'm just going to just keep this in the thread. :wavey:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i see. all it means is that you dont know what a hobby is and you still have issues with your blackness. but hey i can still give you props for being funny for a change. :lol: :lol: :wavey:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:45 AM
I love how you are throwing around insults like you are Mr/s Popular of the WTAWorld :rolleyes:

I don't give a fuck. :lol:
Does it look like I give a fuck? :haha:

Sam L
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:49 AM
I know which posters you are talkin' about and I hardly care what those racists think about me. Though I still wouldn't say it was MOST posters in the threads. Just the same 3 or 4 who seem to pop up in every racial thread throwing around accusations like they are going out of fashion.

Erika you are one of the most popular posters on this board and I don't think I've ever seen anyone call you racist save a certain few that calls everyone racist. Yeah those accusations are lame and tiring. It's like the sound of dogs barking in the middle of the night. So I wouldn't worry about it, nobody else does.

G1Player2
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:51 AM
I don't give a fuck. :lol:
Does it look like I give a fuck? :haha:

You've been watching too much Flavor of Love. :lol:

G1Player2
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:51 AM
Erika you are one of the most popular posters on this board and I don't think I've ever seen anyone call you racist save a certain few that calls everyone racist. Yeah those accusations are lame and tiring. It's like the sound of dogs barking in the middle of the night. So I wouldn't worry about it, nobody else does.

:weirdo:

Stamp Paid
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:54 AM
:unsure:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:57 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: i see. all it means is that you dont know what a hobby is and you still have issues with your blackness. but hey i can still give you props for being funny for a change. :lol: :lol: :wavey:

I know what a really gay hobby is.

You have those hobbies because you have no dates and you have no dates because of those hobbies.

I'm sure you're use to some of the girls saying,
YOU HAVE TO BE THIS BUTCH TO ENTER.

That's probably one of the jokes you won't find funny.

So I think that's a fair trade of accusations, now.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:01 AM
You've been watching too much Flavor of Love. :lol:

Or Wanda Sykes. Perhaps it's Wanda Sykes. :wavey: ;)

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:01 AM
I know what a really gay hobby is.

You have those hobbies because you have no dates and you have no dates because of those hobbies.

I'm sure you're use to some of the girls saying,
YOU HAVE TO BE THIS BUTCH TO ENTER.

That's probably one of the jokes you won't find funny.

So I think that's a fair trade of accusations, now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
oh no the baby is cranky at everyone today.

here you go. i hope that makes you feel better.

http://agitprop.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/pacifier.jpg

kiwifan
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:06 AM
Damn, I hope Griffin doesn't lock this sucker up while I'm asleep tonight. :lol:

2 more days Griff, just 2 more days - please!!! :angel:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:06 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
oh no the baby is cranky at everyone today.

here you go. i hope that makes you feel better.

http://agitprop.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/pacifier.jpg

Oh bless your heart.
When I said I was a pacifist that wasn't what I was talking about.

You really are a special child of God, Wigglytuff.
So special in that I'm a lesbian into tea bags sort of way.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:10 AM
:baby: :baby: :baby:

well my job here is done!!! enjoy yourself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, I hope Griffin doesn't lock this sucker up while I'm asleep tonight. :lol:

2 more days Griff, just 2 more days - please!!! :angel:

seriously!!! :lol: :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:26 AM
well my job here is done!!! enjoy yourself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously!!! :lol: :lol:

If your job was to be in a thread and not make a comment to the thread topic, then you did a great job.
Bravo. :worship:

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:36 AM
If your job was to be in a thread and not make a comment to the thread topic, then you did a great job.
Bravo. :worship:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=274902

:tape: :lol: :lol:

ike i said before, its fucked, indefensible, but dont let me stop you from trying.

winone23
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:55 AM
Please, all comedians are heckled if they bomb----and it's no excuse for them to go psycho. They just need to call it a night and get their asses off the stage .

Thank you I was just about to say the same thing, comedians get heckled all the time and their response is usually to shut the person(s) by embarrassing them with a funny joke.

For example I was at a comedy club and these two girls came in during the middle of the show acting like they were all cute and being rude to the comedian on stage cause they were looking for their seats. So the comedian was like, "look at these girls they are stars and they started smiling and blushing like they were cute, then he said " yeah they are stars, MONSTARS" and everyone roared with laughter. He cracked a few more jokes on them, and went back to his routine and the girls shut up for the rest of the night.

winone23
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:02 AM

Any good comedian responds to hecklers with funny comebacks, not racist tirades.

No Name Face
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:16 AM
the saddest part about it all is that he's a jew. based on his ethnicity, he should NOT be one to talk. he should know how offensive it is to be called stuff like that. that's horrible. i have no words. he'll never get any support from the black community again. and he really shouldn't get any support from the jewish community either.

this thread has seriously deteriorated, which is usually the case when it comes to black issues (i leave out the ask black people anything thread ;) ). and wannabe, i understand taking a devil's advocate approach to areas of race (because you are right, things often are seen in shades of gray), but you've totally outdone yourself this time. giving any credence to that bigot is wrong.

but wannabe, humor me while i share with you a true story: i have a 'friend' who's very italian...and well he gets drunk and SOMETIMES he decides to say that he thinks the holocaust was funny and other assorted hateful things. then he made the mistake of calling a black girl at this party a '****** bitch'. the situation spirals. needless to say, after a fist fight later he doesn't quite get so drunk anymore. it's the same thing. lower inhibitions and people's true colors show. my 'friend' is a racist. 'kramer' is racist --- and there's no defending that.

hm. at the end of the day, i'm very VERY thankful there are black posters like you here, because suddenly, everyone realizes that there's a difference between looking outside the box and being a self-hating black person. i consider myself open-minded when it comes to race related issues. i've gone head to head against some of the black posters that you are arguing with now. and i can honestly say that while i don't agree with plenty of their views, i can say that i am now in full agreement with them when it comes to you. regrettably.**

**and i only say regrettably because i REALLY REALLY like to give people the benefit of the doubt when they care to look outside the box, but i mean..come ON now.

winone23
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:18 AM
I've never been to a comedy show where a heckler got the best of a comedian. Generally, most comedians love being heckled so they can dog the heckler and get the crowd laughing.

Why do you always make excuses for anyone that does or says anything awful to a minority. Why don't you change your avatar to a hooded racist and be done with it. :rolleyes:

Exactly!!! And most comedians always get the best on the heckler, most people are acting like heckling is unheard of in the stand-up comic world.

Kunal
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:32 AM
fucking disgusting...

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:34 AM
the saddest part about it all is that he's a jew. based on his ethnicity, he should NOT be one to talk. he should know how offensive it is to be called stuff like that. that's horrible. i have no words. he'll never get any support from the black community again. and he really shouldn't get any support from the jewish community either.

this thread has seriously deteriorated, which is usually the case when it comes to black issues (i leave out the ask black people anything thread ;) ). and wannabe, i understand taking a devil's advocate approach to areas of race (because you are right, things often are seen in shades of gray), but you've totally outdone yourself this time. giving any credence to that bigot is wrong.

but wannabe, humor me while i share with you a true story: i have a 'friend' who's very italian...and well he gets drunk and SOMETIMES he decides to say that he thinks the holocaust was funny and other assorted hateful things. then he made the mistake of calling a black girl at this party a '****** bitch'. the situation spirals. needless to say, after a fist fight later he doesn't quite get so drunk anymore. it's the same thing. lower inhibitions and people's true colors show. my 'friend' is a racist. 'kramer' is racist --- and there's no defending that.

hm. at the end of the day, i'm very VERY thankful there are black posters like you here, because suddenly, everyone realizes that there's a difference between looking outside the box and being a self-hating black person. i consider myself open-minded when it comes to race related issues. i've gone head to head against some of the black posters that you are arguing with now. and i can honestly say that while i don't agree with plenty of their views, i can say that i am now in full agreement with them when it comes to you. regrettably.**

**and i only say regrettably because i REALLY REALLY like to give people the benefit of the doubt when they care to look outside the box, but i mean..come ON now.

very well said

G1Player2
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:37 AM

How is wannabe's twisted logic and theories thinking outside the box? We have seen him dance around here and make excuses to every racist, prejudice/biased argument he has been a part of here. SELF-HATING. If you were on the fence before, his thoughts in this thread basically sealed it for me. There is no way any rational or sane person can let something so inflammatory and racist as this slide by without being seriously offended and violated. I hate the fact that you are making excuses for him.

P.S. If Kramer wanted to ruin his career in some masochistic way, this was the way to do it. :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:25 AM

but wannabe, humor me while i share with you a true story: i have a 'friend' who's very italian...and well he gets drunk and SOMETIMES he decides to say that he thinks the holocaust was funny and other assorted hateful things. then he made the mistake of calling a black girl at this party a '****** bitch'. the situation spirals. needless to say, after a fist fight later he doesn't quite get so drunk anymore. it's the same thing. lower inhibitions and people's true colors show. my 'friend' is a racist. 'kramer' is racist --- and there's no defending that

Again I said that his comments were disgusting.
I'm not giving any credence to bigotry by accessing some of the blame (which is small) to the hecklers.

I think there's a difference between being drunk and letting your true feelings out and having a breakdown on stage and focusing any offensive action on the catalyst of that breakdown.

Your friend had a previous history of hateful things, as far as we know nothing else has come up about Michael Richards and if there are other comments he said outside of that almost 3 minute clip, the media would have made that known by now.

Again as I told you in a previous thread, it's not my fault that I've stayed consistent when it comes to my views while you all of a sudden have decided to have a change of heart.
If that makes me the enemy then so be it.

According to my history on this forum to you, I'm a self-hating black who has supported more to be done in Africa, shown more than an open mind to the Moslem faith and values compared to western society (excluding the 2012 Olympic game scheduling), and doesn't particularly trust either party of the US government.

Yes bigotry at it's best. :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:04 AM
Wow. So this thread is still happening, eh?

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM
I don't even think Seinfield can use his influence to get his buddy out of this one. Maybe he should just apologize, go away for awhile and hope the video dies a slow death.:lol:
I saw the apology and Seinfeld did not try and stick up for him. From what I saw, Seinfeld still thinks what he said was disgusting but as his friend wanted to give him the opportunity to apologize.

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:52 PM
Could it be because... THERE IS NO GREY AREA HERE? :shrug:

This is a link I put on another website from a guy that was in the audience. Anyway, the so called heckler yell out the his friend didn't think he was funny and he went off. David Letterman asked Richard what would he have said if the hecklers were white. Of course there was no answer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEcz9T3MuL4&mode=related&search=Michael%20Richards%20Kramer%20Apologize%20L etterman%20Sincere%20Seinfeld%20Cosmo

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:58 PM

Whaaat :confused:. You can't be serious. Go back and read your analogy and see if it makes any sense at all.

Sam L
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:58 PM
David Letterman asked Richard what would he have said if the hecklers were white. Of course there was no answer.

By him staying silent he was indicating that he would've reacted the same. In his apology he made it clear that he got too angry and lost his mind. He would have at anyone. He probably didn't say anything because he was ashamed of his anger and hate at the hecklers.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:03 PM
i saw the video on youtube and i have to say, he looks really scary, like he is mad at himself, i mean its clear that he is, and hes upset at the world too. i cant ever say that what he did was right, but its clear that he has a sense of how wrong it was, for whatever that is worth.

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:05 PM

I'll stand by my earlier comments...you know "pathetic", "muppets", blah blah blah :devil:
It really is sad isn't it. :sad:

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:11 PM
Why do people apologize when they make racial slurs and do people really buy the apologies? When someone uses the n word and talks about people hanging in trees, it's not an "accident" or a "mistake". That hatred is ingrained in those people. They are sorry that their comments got them in hot water, not about the racism...
Anyone that could go that deep and bring that type of analogy out is the worse type of racist.

kiwifan
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:11 PM
It really is sad isn't it. :sad:

Yes, that is the saddest part of this whole "debate". :shrug:

But Kramer's on the right path to redemption now...

...I will judge him by his actions ;), and I expect actual positive actions not just "restraint" from blasting black people with racism in the future. :lol: :tape:

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:17 PM
It's a cause and effect relationship but I didn't say that it was on the same level.
I'm just trying to some blame on the hecklers and Richards, not all blame on one or the other.

It's not half & half.

It could be 30::70, 20::80, 1::99, your pick as long as some blame is put on both parties.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:20 PM

I have Erika on ignore so I want see her response, but that was funny as hell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
I gotta give wannabe a green dot for that!!! :haha: :lol: :tape: :hehehe: :devil:

:smoke:
Kiwifan, that is so wrong. :lol: :lol: :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:25 PM
i saw the video on youtube and i have to say, he looks really scary, like he is mad at himself, i mean its clear that he is, and hes upset at the world too. i cant ever say that what he did was right, but its clear that he has a sense of how wrong it was, for whatever that is worth.

Did you just say the same thing as I've been saying the whole time?

Un-fucking-believeable. :rolleyes:

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Richards Apologizes for Racial Slurs

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20061121T021130Z"));3 hours agoUPDATED 31 MINUTES AGO
LOS ANGELES - Michael Richards said Monday he spewed racial epithets during a stand-up comedy routine because he lost his cool while being heckled and not because he's a bigot.

"For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry," the former "Seinfeld" co-star said during a satellite appearance for David Letterman's "Late Show" in New York.
"I'm not a racist. That's what's so insane about this," Richards said, his tone becoming angry and frustrated as he defended himself. A clip from the show played on CBS before the "Late Show" aired Monday night.
Richards described himself as going into "a rage" over the two audience members who interrupted his act Friday at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Richards responded to the black hecklers with repeated use of the "n word" and profanities.

Jerry Seinfeld, who had issued a statement saying he was "sick over this horrible, horrible mistake" and calling it offensive, was scheduled as a Letterman guest Monday. He encouraged Richards to make a satellite appearance to talk about the incident, a CBS publicist said.
Richards deserved the chance to apologize, Seinfeld said on the "Late Show." Seinfeld said, "He's someone that I love, and I know how shattered he is about" the incident.

At one point, however, Richards grew flustered and expressed second thoughts about appearing on the "Late Show" when his use of the term "Afro-American" proved funny to some audience members.
"I'm hearing your audience laugh, and I'm not even sure that this is where I should be addressing the situation," he said in a tape of his appearance shown by CBS to reporters.

Richards, 57, who played Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit 1989-98 sitcom and whose major credit since was a failed 2000 comedy, hadn't spoken publicly about his remarks before "Late Show." Calls to his representatives were not returned Monday.
His onstage remarks were condemned by industry colleagues.
Comedian Paul Rodriguez, who was at the Laugh Factory during Richards' performance, said he was shocked.

"Once the word comes out of your mouth and you don't happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of explaining," Rodriguez told CNN. "Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael Richards found those limitations."

His Laugh Factory tirade began after the two clubgoers shouted at him that he wasn't funny. Video of the incident was posted on TMZ.com.
Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--."
He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.
"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

Moderating his tone at one point, Richards tells the audience, "It shocks you, it shocks you" and refers to "what lays buried."
While there is some chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and people respond with "ooh" after Richards uses the n-word.
Eventually someone calls out: "It's not funny. That's why you're a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies. 'Seinfeld,' that's it."
On Monday, about a half-dozen community activists gathered at the club to denounce Richards' remarks and demand an apology.

"These kind of comments hurt all of us," said protester Lita Sister Herron of the Youth Advocacy Coalition. She called Richards' comments hate speech.
The protesters also demanded an apology from the Laugh Factory. At a news conference a short time later, club owner Jamie Masada expressed remorse and said Richards will not be back at the club until he says he's sorry.
"This is one thing we don't tolerate. ... I personally apologize. I apologize from my heart," Masada said Monday.
Richards did appear at the club Saturday, without incident, but that was because he had told the club he intended to apologize, according to a Laugh Factory statement Monday.
Rodriguez, also at the news conference, said: "I kept expecting a punch line. It didn't come."

Veteran publicist Michael Levine, whose clients have included comedians George Carlin, Sam Kinison and Rodney Dangerfield, called Richards' remarks inexcusable. Comics often face hecklers without losing their cool, he said. "I've never seen anything like this in my life," Levine said Monday. "I think it's a career ruiner for him. ... It's going to be a long road back for him, if at all."
Daryl Pitts, a Laugh Factory audience member interviewed by CNN, compared the incident to another recent celebrity controversy.

"You think about Mel Gibson and what he said, and put that in the context of this, it's very upsetting," Pitts said, referring to Gibson's anti-Semitic outburst during his arrest for drunken driving.
Scrutiny of Richards' remarks likely will continue but won't match the level prompted by Gibson's behavior because Richards is far less famous, Levine said.

Comedian George Lopez told Los Angeles television station KTLA that he thought Richards' lack of stand-up experience may have been a factor.
"The question is you have an actor who is trying to be a comedian who doesn't know what to do when an audience is disruptive," Lopez said. "He's an actor whose show has been off the air, he shouldn't ever be on a stand-up gig."

...definitely a long road back....
I know I couldn't believe he still says Afro American. I haven't heard that since the days of the afro. :lol:

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM

About as popular as you are. ;)

Sam L
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:41 PM
About as popular as you are. ;)
Not everyone lives in Williams sisters and Ask black people anything threads. ;)

meyerpl
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Michael Richards was simply pathetic, both on stage and on Letterman.

His behavior on stage isn't just the result of "rage". Mel Gibson's wasn't the result of intoxication. I can be both drunk and in a rage, but I'm not going to hit my wife because I don't believe in it. Neither will I start dropping racial slurs for exactly the same reason.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Did you just say the same thing as I've been saying the whole time?

Un-fucking-believeable. :rolleyes:

dont insult me like that. thanks. i mean there are low blows and then there are LOW blows. and saying i agree with you on this, thats pretty low.

i never said that he should get any breaks. he's dealing with his shit, but that doesnt mean its excusable or that people shouldnt hate him for what he said.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:46 PM

His behavior on stage isn't just the result of "rage". Mel Gibson's wasn't the result of intoxication. I can be both drunk and in a rage, but I'm not going to hit my wife because I don't believe in it. Neither will I start dropping racial slurs for exactly the same reason.

exactly.

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM
By him staying silent he was indicating that he would've reacted the same. In his apology he made it clear that he got too angry and lost his mind. He would have at anyone. He probably didn't say anything because he was ashamed of his anger and hate at the hecklers.
Have you lost you mind? :confused: Do you really believe that he would have called white hecklers ******s and that 59 years ago they would have been hanged. Based on his reaction he probably wouldn't have said anything to a white heckler.

mykarma
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:53 PM
Not everyone lives in Williams sisters and Ask black people anything threads. ;)
What does that have to do with you and Erika's popularity? :) I haven't been going in either of those threads very much lately, but when the sisters begin playing again, I'll be right there. :bounce: Where you won't find me will be in the threads of people I don't care for, like some people on this board.

kiwifan
Nov 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM

You throw an awful lot of stones for someone who's been playing the perpertual victim quite often in your own threads lately. :scratch:

I guess you can only see one kind of bias. :rolleyes:

harloo
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:06 PM
How is wannabe's twisted logic and theories thinking outside the box? We have seen him dance around here and make excuses to every racist, prejudice/biased argument he has been a part of here. SELF-HATING. If you were on the fence before, his thoughts in this thread basically sealed it for me. There is no way any rational or sane person can let something so inflammatory and racist as this slide by without being seriously offended and violated. I hate the fact that you are making excuses for him.

P.S. If Kramer wanted to ruin his career in some masochistic way, this was the way to do it. :lol:

:worship: :worship: Most of my friends are more outraged than me and they are non-black. I just don't get how any sane person would have the nerve to defend the comments of Richards. What grey area?:lol: SMH

Ellery
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM
:o

harloo
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM

Of course you would be visibly shaken and scared if your racist tirade was captured on video and posted on the web. As an entertainer it could mean career suicide and I take that's what Richards was afraid of more than anything.

Afterall, he was invited back the next night to perform only if he apologized to the audience which he refused to do. After protests and his unwillingness to apologize the club banned him.

Was his apology on Letterman sincere? I don't think so. The Letterman interview was only done for damage control. It's apparent he would of wen't on with his life if someone didn't record the incident.

In some ways you feel sorry for the guy, but how many times are we supposed to excuse this behaviour? I know we all have our moments but nothing should come to that level. Maybe he thought he wouldn't get caught?:confused:

Richards is a comedic tv actor and not suited to do stand up. I'm pretty sure he was heckled before because anyone knows that's the nature of the circuit. I guess he finally had enough.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 03:35 PM
Of course you would be visibly shaken and scared if your racist tirade was captured on video and posted on the web. As an entertainer it could mean career suicide and I take that's what Richards was afraid of more than anything.

Afterall, he was invited back the next night to perform only if he apologized to the audience which he refused to do. After protests and his unwillingness to apologize the club banned him.

Was his apology on Letterman sincere? I don't think so. The Letterman interview was only done for damage control. It's apparent he would of wen't on with his life if someone didn't record the incident.

In some ways you feel sorry for the guy, but how many times are we supposed to excuse this behaviour? I know we all have our moments but nothing should come to that level. Maybe he thought he wouldn't get caught?:confused:

Richards is a comedic tv actor and not suited to do stand up. I'm pretty sure he was heckled before because anyone knows that's the nature of the circuit. I guess he finally had enough.

so very very true!!

kiwifan
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:01 PM

I'm sure if he had "plausible deniability" he would have denied anything happened. ;)

But Thank G-d he didn't. :cool:

So going forward, I'll judge him on his positive acts towards those he slighted...

...he's permanently lost 'the benefit of a doubt' :lol: :tape:

No Name Face
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:33 PM

That's the thing, I don't think he (wannabe) is thinking outside the box. I was merely noting that there's a difference between what he does and some other people do when it comes to racial issues.

Don't think I am defending him at all. I thought my post made that obvious. I'm just more verbose about things than I should be. I don't like to be like a lot of other people and say "WANNABE YOUS AN IDIOT." I like to say it with an overall point attached, sorta like Joy would.

Speaking of which, where is she? I wanna read her input.

TennisSTUD
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:48 PM
So how about Kelly Ripa and Clay Gaykin?

samsung101
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:52 PM
The stupid thing is he appeared at the same comedy club the
next night...before the tape went public...and no one said anything
about the night before.

The club owner didn't.
Richards didn't.

It was only AFTER the tape went public, and we all got a chance
to see wacky and popular Kraemer for the racist nut he probably
really is, and perhaps, always was.

His apology was lame.

He was right, perhaps, that wasn't the best way to do it.

But, give Seinfeld credit for not bailing on his pal. He could have
done that.

raquel
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:37 PM
I just watched the video of his comedy show almost through my fingers. Shameful performance on stage. And I think during it he kind of almost expected to be laughed with and cheered for doing it because he was "pushing the envelope" and being "edgy". It soon sunk in quickly that people were just horrified though.

The apology was almost comical at times. People in the audience of David Letterman's show were laughing which tells you what kind of tone the apology was coming across as. And using the phrase "Afro-American" made the whole thing seem even more uneasy.

The guy he insulted was right. Apart from Seinfeld, he's done nothing that great and is now practically having to give Kramer-style wacky stage performances.

Volcana
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:51 PM
I'm not going to condemn the guy over one incident. Even one as bad as this one. And it was BAD. He's making comments including 'fifty years ago, you'd be strung up from a tree'. But ....

If you grow up in the USA, you've grown up in an environment with a lot of white-supremacist sentiment, anti-Black sentiment, anti-Jewish sentiment, anti-Muslim sentiment, etc. Those aren't the ONLY sentiments around. There's courage and kindness and virtue too. But as we grow up, we internalize those things. That doesn't mean we repeat them, or even think them consciously, but they're there. Unfortunately for Michael Richards, he lost his temper and some things came out that he has no pasy history of saying. That doesn't make him the Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan.

Most of my best friends are Jewish (that's probably surprises a few people here :)), and I'm certainly not somebody who makes anti-Jewish remarks. However, the father of my best friend growing up was constantly 'the fucking Jews' this and 'the fucking Jews' that. That wasn't in any way unusual, either. Black, white, Hispanic, there was always somebody who didn't like the Jews. So I KNOW comments like that are running around my subconscious. If I was drunk and lost my temper, would they come out? Who knows? Hasn't happened so far, that's all.

Somebody making calm, considered remarks is one thing. Somebody actually acting illegally, ie job or housing discrimination, is one thing. Michael Richards lost his temper. I won't forget that he made those remarks, but I'm willing to withhold judgement until I see if this is 1% of his makeup, or 51%. And BTW, no, I never really cared for the 'Seinfeld' TV show.

Lord Nelson
Nov 21st, 2006, 06:59 PM
I just watched the video of his comedy show almost through my fingers. Shameful performance on stage. And I think during it he kind of almost expected to be laughed with and cheered for doing it because he was "pushing the envelope" and being "edgy". It soon sunk in quickly that people were just horrified though.

The apology was almost comical at times. People in the audience of David Letterman's show were laughing which tells you what kind of tone the apology was coming across as. And using the phrase "Afro-American" made the whole thing seem even more uneasy.

The guy he insulted was right. Apart from Seinfeld, he's done nothing that great and is now practically having to give Kramer-style wacky stage performances.

He was supposed to be Adrian monk form the Monk show but dropped out. Since then Shalhoub took the role and won a couple of emmys. Richards must be fuming though to be honest I don't think that him as Monk would have equaled Shalhoub's performance.

spokenword73
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
I'm not going to condemn the guy over one incident. Even one as bad as this one. And it was BAD. He's making comments including 'fifty years ago, you'd be strung up from a tree'. But ....

If you grow up in the USA, you've grown up in an environment with a lot of white-supremacist sentiment, anti-Black sentiment, anti-Jewish sentiment, anti-Muslim sentiment, etc. Those aren't the ONLY sentiments around. There's courage and kindness and virtue too. But as we grow up, we internalize those things. That doesn't mean we repeat them, or even think them consciously, but they're there. Unfortunately for Michael Richards, he lost his temper and some things came out that he has no pasy history of saying. That doesn't make him the Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan.

Most of my best friends are Jewish (that's probably surprises a few people here :)), and I'm certainly not somebody who makes anti-Jewish remarks. However, the father of my best friend growing up was constantly 'the fucking Jews' this and 'the fucking Jews' that. That wasn't in any way unusual, either. Black, white, Hispanic, there was always somebody who didn't like the Jews. So I KNOW comments like that are running around my subconscious. If I was drunk and lost my temper, would they come out? Who knows? Hasn't happened so far, that's all.

Somebody making calm, considered remarks is one thing. Somebody actually acting illegally, ie job or housing discrimination, is one thing. Michael Richards lost his temper. I won't forget that he made those remarks, but I'm willing to withhold judgement until I see if this is 1% of his makeup, or 51%. And BTW, no, I never really cared for the 'Seinfeld' TV show.

1%?? The slurs flowed too easily. He obviously had lots of practice.:(
Also, Kramer promised the Laugh Factory owners he would apologize the next night and he didn't. What does that tell you? The only reason he is apologizing now is because the whole sorry affair was caught on tape.

Shame on Seinfeld for sticking up for the a------e. Surely his racism could not have been a surprise.

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM

His behavior on stage isn't just the result of "rage". Mel Gibson's wasn't the result of intoxication. I can be both drunk and in a rage, but I'm not going to hit my wife because I don't believe in it. Neither will I start dropping racial slurs for exactly the same reason.Meyerpl, I don't know if this bit of new info has been posted as yet, and my computer was dying last night, so I couldn't post...:mad: ... but I was listening to KGO-Newstalk Radio and they had several callers call in that confirmed Michael Richards had had at least one other incident just like this one. In fact the caller said that Richards went off on such a racists tirade that MANY patrons demanded he be thrown off stage with the owner fully complying. And they actually had him 'thrown' off stage !!
Now I've been trying to locate a link to this past account but can't. So maybe some enterprising journalist will dig deep enough to discover the truth of the matter.
At this point though , it really doesn't matter to me since it's pretty damn clear what he thinks about ALL blacks. But for those who are on the fence as to whether he is a full-on “racist”, this would or should confirm it for you, since it establishes a pattern. So we shall see.

Also, I saw the apology and I just don't buy his sincerity. :shrug:
It looked to me as if he was just pressured to apologize, not like he wanted to.
But oh well, another has been racist performer bite the dust.

RVD
Nov 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM

Was his apology on Letterman sincere? I don't think so. The Letterman interview was only done for damage control. It's apparent he would of wen't on with his life if someone didn't record the incident.:worship: :worship:
I fully agree. He's only sorry that in this case there was a taped account of his racism for all to see. I'd bet my left nut that he was high even on David Letterman. I mean, did you get a load of his eyes and facial expression?! :scared:

Freaky... :tape: :lol:

Richards is a comedic tv actor and not suited to do stand up. I'm pretty sure he was heckled before because anyone knows that's the nature of the circuit. I guess he finally had enough.Personally, I don't feel sorry for nor care for racists. Regardless of who they are racist against. In fact, I care less for black racists because they know firsthand how senseless and damaging it can be. :mad: :fiery:

Shuji Shuriken
Nov 21st, 2006, 09:34 PM
There's a reason Miss Cleo got her ass locked up. her psychic bullshit wasn't cutting it and neither does yours :rolleyes:. How the fuck do you know what he was thinking from what he wasn't :rolleyes:. Your justifications just keep getting more pathetic by the minute. What this dude said was inexcusable. Bottom line. Someone should give him a good lynching, then he wouldn't throw stuff like that around so lightly. Pathetic fucker. And his defenders.

Vlover
Nov 21st, 2006, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE]Who are you? 1/20 of your posts are dealing with some comment on me.

I'm at liberty to comment on any post including yours.:rolleyes:

Unlike you I can't think of any circumstances when using any racial epithet is appropriate. Racial insults just never enter my mind when someone causes me to be angry because my mind is just not engaged in such a way as are many people.

I strongly detest bigotry, bigots and their apologists threrfore I will speak out against such at all times. It's good to see the public outcry when these things happen so as to send a strong message that there is very little tolerance for such despicable behavior.

Apportion blame anyway you wish but even Michael himself knows that he is responsible for the racial slurs that came from his mouth and rightly suffering the consequences. That is the cause and effect that matters.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Wannabeknowitall;9521890]

Unlike you I can't think of any circumstances when using any racial epithet is appropriate. Racial insults just never enter my mind when someone causes me to be angry because my mind is just not engaged in such a way as are many people.

I strongly detest bigotry, bigots and their apologists threrfore I will speak out against such at all times. It's good to see the public outcry when these things happen so as to send a strong message that there is very little tolerance for such despicable behavior.

Apportion blame anyway you wish but even Michael himself knows that he is responsible for the racial slurs that came from his mouth and rightly suffering the consequences. That is the cause and effect that matters.

I never said it was appropriate. I said it was disgusting.
There's a cause and effect relationship with the heckler and Michael Richards.
I agree there's another one here as well.
I have no problem with Kramer losing almost all of his fanbase for this incident.
I have no problem with Kramer never being on a stage again.

I never at any time said in any of my posts that Michael Richards deserves another chance. NEVER.
So I don't see where the issue continues to be with my posts.

If I can agree that there's a cause and effect relationship after the comments were said why is it so completely hard for you acknowledge that there could be one before the comments were said?

Denise4925
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:15 PM

Wow Sam, I thought your silly thoughts, close mindedness and unfounded arguments on the Egyptians was one of those flash in the pan things, but you've really shown yourself to be a racist and a bigot in the truest sense of the word and I'm just really diappointed with you.

I realize now that the reason for you not wanting to believe that Ancient Egyptians were black is because you couldn't stand the fact that black people had your people wrapped up in slavery for so long. If you're racist, that's a hard pill to swallow. Wow, I feel sorry for you and your angst.

G1Player2
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:19 PM
Wow Sam, I thought your silly thoughts, close mindedness and unfounded arguments on the Egyptians was one of those flash in the pan things, but you've really shown yourself to be a racist and a bigot in the truest sense of the word and I'm just really diappointed with you.

I realize now that the reason for you not wanting to believe that Ancient Egyptians were black is because you couldn't stand the fact that black people had your people wrapped up in slavery for so long. If you're racist, that's a hard pill to swallow. Wow, I feel sorry for you and your angst.

:worship: :worship: :worship: I am surprised you haven't discovered Sam L was a racist before this.

Wigglytuff
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:31 PM
Meyerpl, I don't know if this bit of new info has been posted as yet, and my computer was dying last night, so I couldn't post...:mad: ... but I was listening to KGO-Newstalk Radio and they had several callers call in that confirmed Michael Richards had had at least one other incident just like this one. In fact the caller said that Richards went off on such a racists tirade that MANY patrons demanded he be thrown off stage with the owner fully complying. And they actually had him 'thrown' off stage !!
Now I've been trying to locate a link to this past account but can't. So maybe some enterprising journalist will dig deep enough to discover the truth of the matter.
At this point though , it really doesn't matter to me since it's pretty damn clear what he thinks about ALL blacks. But for those who are on the fence as to whether he is a full-on “racist”, this would or should confirm it for you, since it establishes a pattern. So we shall see.

It looked to me as if he was just pressured to apologize, not like he wanted to.

why am i NOT surprised that this little shit has been on racist tirades before.

we see it on this board and in our lives all time. people say shit, get caught and then say it was a one time thing, but when we look at their histories, it's NEVER a one time thing.

you dont scream out "you should be lynched, for interrupting a white man" in such a public place and space and so randomly unless you have had had these feelings FOR A LONG LONG TIME.

we have seen it time and time again when people think that no one is watching they will say what they really feel, its not a mistake its what they are.

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:13 AM
1%?? The slurs flowed too easily. He obviously had lots of practice.:(
Also, Kramer promised the Laugh Factory owners he would apologize the next night and he didn't. What does that tell you? The only reason he is apologizing now is because the whole sorry affair was caught on tape.

Shame on Seinfeld for sticking up for the a------e. Surely his racism could not have been a surprise.
I'm not going to blame Seinfeld for sticking up for him. Seinfeld said exactly how he felt about his comments but as a friend wanted to give him the opportunity to explain as best he could. If Kramer knew that Seinfeld wouldn't approve of him making racist remarks then I don't think Kramer would say them in front of him. Seinfeld seemed to be really sincere and disappointed in Kramer.

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:19 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship: I am surprised you haven't discovered Sam L was a racist before this.
Me either. Denise, you're slipping girl.

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:22 AM
Meyerpl, I don't know if this bit of new info has been posted as yet, and my computer was dying last night, so I couldn't post...:mad: ... but I was listening to KGO-Newstalk Radio and they had several callers call in that confirmed Michael Richards had had at least one other incident just like this one. In fact the caller said that Richards went off on such a racists tirade that MANY patrons demanded he be thrown off stage with the owner fully complying. And they actually had him 'thrown' off stage !!

Ree, I saw the other account but don't remember where I saw it. It may have been in some article I read online this morning.

Stamp Paid
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:57 AM

Denise, I'm with you. Sam L has totally lost it. I can't tell if he truly is a racist, or if he is purposely being inflammatory in order to get attention. I notice a lot of threads he's been making lately and they seem to be purposely created in order to start friction, most often with black posters. :shrug: I think he does this shit for attention more than anything else.

lizchris
Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:06 AM
I am not surprised that those words came out of Michael Richards' mouth and I am not surprised that some white Americans are making excuses for him.

meyerpl
Nov 22nd, 2006, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=Wannabeknowitall;9521890]

I agree with you, and with posters who say it's highly unlikely this was a flash-in-the-pan, once in a lifetime thing for Michael Richards. People who talk and think like that......well, talk and think like that.

The audience reaction, with one exception, was appropriate; I was glad to see people getting up and leaving in droves. It's unfortunate that one man in the audience had to climb into the same gutter as Richards when he called him a "cracker-assed mother-fucker" and "fucking white boy". As you said, there are no circumstances when using racial epithets is appropriate. Unfortunately, Michael Richards wasn't the only bigot in the house.

Michael Richards surely demolished his career with his ugly tirade, which reflects well on us as people.

spokenword73
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:01 AM
I'm not going to blame Seinfeld for sticking up for him. Seinfeld said exactly how he felt about his comments but as a friend wanted to give him the opportunity to explain as best he could. If Kramer knew that Seinfeld wouldn't approve of him making racist remarks then I don't think Kramer would say them in front of him. Seinfeld seemed to be really sincere and disappointed in Kramer.

Though I have never seen not even one episode of Seinfeld, I always thought of Seinfeld as a good, kind hearted kinda guy from reports in the media. Kramer has been riding his jock for years and this is how he pays him back?? Too bad Seinfeld will be linked to Kramer 4-ever!:confused:

BTW, a young lady on KJLH radio station in L.A. said she heard Kramer had killed an African American who had robbed him? Anyone else hear this story?

spokenword73
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:04 AM
I am not surprised that those words came out of Michael Richards' mouth and I am not surprised that some white Americans are making excuses for him.
:worship:

You would think non-racists would condemn him with their loudest voices. Instead what I am hearing is, "well Chris Rock uses the n-word" like it's the same thing.:rolleyes:

égalité
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:06 AM
Racist tirades: the new black!

RVD
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:20 AM
Though I have never seen not even one episode of Seinfeld, I always thought of Seinfeld as a good, kind hearted kinda guy from reports in the media. Kramer has been riding his jock for years and this is how he pays him back?? Too bad Seinfeld will be linked to Kramer 4-ever!:confused:

BTW, a young lady on KJLH radio station in L.A. said she heard Kramer had killed an African American who had robbed him? Anyone else hear this story?:eek: :eek: :scared: Had not heard that one. However, if true, it would not surprise me. My ex-wife's family members were much like Richards.
*sigh*

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:19 AM
BTW, a young lady on KJLH radio station in L.A. said she heard Kramer had killed an African American who had robbed him? Anyone else hear this story?

Whhaaaaaaaa???:eek: Interesting, guess I should listen to 102.3 more often

Billy Moonshine
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
I watched the videoclip and was scared that he could be so abusive. God knows what he is like behind closed doors. But I will still continue to watch
Seinfeld and enjoy his hilarious performance as Kramer. I love that show, it's my favorite and If I boycotted all my favorite art because I didn't like the creator, i wouldn't have anything to enjoy, maybe. Except Bjork cos she is just toooo sweet. Except when she's beating up photographers. Anyway, off topic...

Sam L
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:10 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm not racist. I just prefer to think outside of the box. I just don't think knee-jerk reactions help. :shrug: But whilst we're on the topic of disappointments, I'm disappointed with you...

My people? If you're trying to say that I'm Jewish, I'm not. But that's pretty low Denise. And I'm surprised that you went there. Because what you just said could be applied to African Americans too. And this didn't happen thousands of years ago. And we're seeing evidence of the angst right here on this board! So please don't even go there with that bullshit. :rolleyes:

mykarma
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
I watched the videoclip and was scared that he could be so abusive. God knows what he is like behind closed doors. But I will still continue to watch
Seinfeld and enjoy his hilarious performance as Kramer. I love that show, it's my favorite and If I boycotted all my favorite art because I didn't like the creator, i wouldn't have anything to enjoy, maybe. Except Bjork cos she is just toooo sweet. Except when she's beating up photographers. Anyway, off topic...
I was never a Seinfeld fan but do watch reruns when there's nothing else on the tube. While channel surfing the other day, when I came across the Seinfeld show, I just couldn't watch it. When I saw Kramer I felt sick to my stomach. I'm sure there are others that will feel the same way. Anyway, things affect people different ways. Perhaps when this is not so raw, I'll be able to watch it again.

selking
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
wow I love it, shows how a word can still make people so bent out of shape

"you see, there are still those words, those words"