PDA

View Full Version : That's one small guy and a hell of a lot of KY!

Parsley
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:34 PM
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (Reuters) -- One of South Africa's most notorious criminals escaped from a high-security prison by greasing himself up with petroleum jelly and squeezing out of a tiny window, local news reports said on Monday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/11/20/s.africa.prison.escape.reut/index.html

gentenaire
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:46 PM
8 by 23 inches isn't that small at all. I think most people would fit through that.

Parsley
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
8 x 23 rectangle has a 24.3 diagonal. how can anyone with a waist bigger than 24 inches can fit there?

gentenaire
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:59 PM
23 inches is the width of a normal wardrobe. That width is determined by the breadth of the shoulders of normal people, so you can hang your clothes properly.

Unless you're overweight, the widest part of your body is your shoulders. If you can fit your shoulders through, you can get the rest of your body through.

8 inches is rather narrow. But a slim person should fit through that. You don't have to be particularly small or really skinny for it.

I'm sure cavers squeeze through such holes regularly.

(how many people do you know have a waist wider than 24 inches?)

Parsley
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:03 PM
23 inches is the width of a normal wardrobe. That width is determined by the breadth of the shoulders of normal people, so you can hang your clothes properly.

Unless you're overweight, the widest part of your body is your shoulders. If you can fit your shoulders through, you can get the rest of your body through.

8 inches is rather narrow. But a slim person should fit through that. You don't have to be particularly small or really skinny for it.

I'm sure cavers squeeze through such holes regularly.

(how many people do you know have a waist wider than 24 inches?)

Aha ok... I made a calculation error because I prefer to talk about metres, not inches.