PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch the cartoon AMERICAN DAD! ?

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I just started to watch this show a few weeks ago. Its allot like FAMILY GUY...which i also like:D I think i may buy the 1st season on DVD since i missed the whole 1st season :lol: Any other fans ?

Brooklyn90
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:44 AM
no i hate it.
but i like family guy and the simpsons :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:45 AM
no i hate it.

Yeah..i just watched THE SIMPSONS. Its not as good as it use to be. But..its still better then most shows on tv this season :lol: I love FAMILY GUY. I just bought the volume 4 DVD ..LOTS OF EXTRAS! :lol: :p

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:48 AM
no i hate it.

mhmmm

i dont hate it, but it pushes past my threshold

What makes family guy funny is that so much of it is rooted in reality. While much could be said the same of American Dad, it seems to try to hard to be funny by being TOO random and too nonsensical.... it's not as humorous to me.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:50 AM
mhmmm

i dont hate it, but it pushes past my threshold

What makes family guy funny is that so much of it is rooted in reality. While much could be said the same of American Dad, it seems to try to hard to be funny by being TOO random and too nonsensical.... it's not as humorous to me.

I love all of the POP CULTURE references in Family Guy :worship:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:52 AM
I love all of the POP CULTURE references in Family Guy :worship:

hahahha yea! i always wonder though how it will age... it'll still be hilarious to us 50 yrs from now but to 20 year olds 50 yrs from now, i dont know... lol. i think family guy is so funny for a lot of us cuz it is a reflection of so many of our own lives. :P. our sense of humor. the

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:57 AM
hahahha yea! i always wonder though how it will age... it'll still be hilarious to us 50 yrs from now but to 20 year olds 50 yrs from now, i dont know... lol. i think family guy is so funny for a lot of us cuz it is a reflection of so many of our own lives. :P. our sense of humor. the

POPulare Cultur from today will be even funnier to people 30 years from now. My god..look at the 80s! :lol: :lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 20th, 2006, 01:02 AM
POPulare Cultur from today will be even funnier to people 30 years from now. My god..look at the 80s! :lol: :lol:

yea but a lot of the popculture in family guy isn't super well known pop culture and sometimes its cleverly hidden in jokes.... so...... except for the obvious pop culture references....

Brooklyn90
Nov 20th, 2006, 01:04 AM
south park is still the best :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2006, 01:05 AM
yea but a lot of the popculture in family guy isn't super well known pop culture and sometimes its cleverly hidden in jokes.... so...... except for the obvious pop culture references....

Its fans will get it ;)

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 20th, 2006, 01:06 AM

NO

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 20th, 2006, 01:06 AM

I havn't seen SP this season. I have some catching up to do :bounce:

NyCPsU
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:59 AM

agreed...they actually put a story together that makes sense throughout the episode...and they dont need to do the whole "that reminds me of...." that goes on 150 times in every family guy episode

family guy just has not been funny this season at all, and to answer the thread title no ive never seen american dad:)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:58 AM
I dont know why American Dad is still on the air frankly. I think it sucks.

Benchwarmer1
Nov 20th, 2006, 03:59 AM

Hell Yeah!!!!:worship:

Prizeidiot
Nov 20th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Well you'd expect American Dad to be kind of like Family Guy, both are written by Seth MacFarlane. It's good, but not great.

I agree with those who say South Park is the best.... it's absolute gold.

Vacant
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:18 AM
American Dad is OK. Family Guy and Simpsons rock. :rocker2:

South Park is shite.

Brashkoala
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:19 PM
i saw it a couple of times and didn't even laugh. it's such a lame show. i watch family guy all the time and i love it. it makes me laugh a lot. the simpsons completely suck now. they show is not even funny. whenever i can, i try and watch some of the episodes from 93-98. those years were great. i loved the one where homer becomes critically obesed so he can work from home.

Viktymise
Nov 20th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I love it, its not as funny as fanily guy but its still really funny :yeah:

spartanfan
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I love American Dad and Family Guy and the Simpson's. To me that's the best hour and a half of television there is. American Dad is more adult and humerous than Family Guy, but I love them both equally. But I love how someone posted that Family Guy is more rooted in reality. WTF! You have a baby with a British accent who wants to kill everyone and a talking dog Brian who dates women. If you can buy into that, how hard is it to buy into an alien.

Tripp
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:36 PM
American Dad is OK, but it's nowhere near Family Guy. I can't believe how hard I've laughed with that show. It's just amazing.

And BTW, I agree with the guy who said The Simpsons aren't good anymore. It actually started years ago, I think it was at the same time Matt Groening started with Futurama -which is another amazing show-. But the mid seasons are pure gold. I think I've seen each episode over 5 times and I still love watching them over and over again.