PDA

View Full Version : Any women here tried Curves?

drake3781
Nov 19th, 2006, 11:39 PM
My mom wants me to join Curves, and I'm thinking about telling her it's OK to get me a membership for a Christmas gift.

But, I have some buts....

- I hear this chain is owned by millitant evangelical Christians who support anti-abortion causes in a big way (milllions). I'm anti my revenues being turned into support for anti abortion groups. :rolleyes:

- Is this going to be some "feel-good" place where perky women expect me to be perky in return? :rolleyes: For example, one Curves owner once told me that they give a name to the sound that signals the time to switch machines, and they call this sound by that name and think that's real cute. :rolleyes:

- Is the workout any good? (It's 30 mins cardio/resistance, alternating every 30 seconds.) But I'm used to a 50 minute hard swim. Will I bedisappointed? :confused:

- The closed-on-Sunday thing really bothers me. That is 15% of total time closed. :rolleyes:

lk89
Nov 19th, 2006, 11:48 PM
The classes at curves are really easy and you just get used to them and don't get the best results. If you have a Lifetime fitness nearby go there , they have excellent classes and are open all the time.

drake3781
Nov 19th, 2006, 11:57 PM
The classes at curves are really easy and you just get used to them and don't get the best results. If you have a Lifetime fitness nearby go there , they have excellent classes and are open all the time.

We have Gold's and I hate it. I don't want to join a health club. I would just join my pool, but I hate swimming in the winter.

Appreciate your input about Curves.

Andy.
Nov 20th, 2006, 01:18 AM
My mum goes and she loves it and she has lost heaps of weight since going there