PDA

View Full Version : A New Beginning.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 15th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Welcome back Lindsay!

MH0861
Nov 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Sharapova = Obsessive about winning anything, including exhibitions
Lindsay = Content to lose an exhibition set 6-2 to George Bush and Anna.

LDF
Nov 15th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I hope it isn't a thrashing. :o

mike/topgun
Nov 15th, 2006, 03:44 PM
hmm...
Is playing alot of exho events before a slam the best way to get in good form?
Pova will totally trash Lindsay, unless Lindsay actually cares to win.

LindsayRulz
Nov 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Go Lindsay!!!

Dave.
Nov 15th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Come on Lindsay! Start the season off with a bang!

I do think this is a bad idea and pointless trip accross to Korea, but still, WIN!

lindsayno1
Nov 15th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Why....?

The Daviator
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:17 PM
It's an exhibition, it's meaningless - even if she wins, how many of us celebrated when she beat Venus 6-1 6-3 in HK?

6-3 6-3 to Sharapova I reckon...

MH0861
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:18 PM
It's an exhibition, it's meaningless - even if she wins, how many of us celebrated when she beat Venus 6-1 6-3 in HK?

I kinda did. :o :o

The Daviator
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I kinda did. :o :o

You weren't the one who said it made up for the Wimbledon loss, were you? :o ;)

hurricanejeanne
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Sharapova = Obsessive about winning anything, including exhibitions
Lindsay = Content to lose an exhibition set 6-2 to George Bush and Anna.

Yup.
All the while they're both pocketing god knows how much in apperance fees. :p
But whatevers, don't get spanked Lindsay, win at least 6 games.

Lindsayfan32
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I know there's no tour events at this time of year apart from the hopman cup but this is the 4th exo Lindsay is playing in if I'm not mistaken. Why?

The Daviator
Nov 15th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I know there's no tour events at this time of year apart from the hopman cup but this is the 4th exo Lindsay is playing in if I'm not mistaken. Why?

$$$

Plus, it's preparation without much pressure I guess...

LindsayRulz
Nov 16th, 2006, 01:46 AM

I will be happy if Lindsay kicks Maria's ass at this exhitition.:devil:

:wavey:

Andrew..
Nov 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Apparently we aren't allowed to say "stupid" in regard to Lindsay in this forum, so I'll say this. If I was going to make a stupid schedule, I'd start my year playing pointless exhibitions against better players in Asia, and then go to Australia with no confidence. And enter Tokyo unseeded.

K.

Lindsayfan32
Nov 16th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Apparently we aren't allowed to say "stupid" in regard to Lindsay in this forum, so I'll say this. If I was going to make a stupid schedule, I'd start my year playing pointless exhibitions against better players in Asia, and then go to Australia with no confidence. And enter Tokyo unseeded.

K.

Andrew you have your right to a opinion but its not what you say that getting up people's noses its the way your saying it. Please think before you type you can get your message across without offending people. I know one thing you're not dumb that's for sure.

Ben.
Nov 16th, 2006, 05:31 AM
even though it's an exo. i hope it's turns out a good match. like 2 see lindsay win this one even though it won't count in their H2H.

RJWCapriati
Nov 17th, 2006, 01:19 PM
2 exhibitions.....but only 8 official events:o

coni coronel
Nov 19th, 2006, 10:13 AM
just a short comment...this is lindsay's first trip to south korea after which she goes to hongkong for watsons water challenge. i would think she is doing it for her fans in asia who could only dream of a chance to see her in play in person(tv coverage of tennis matches is very limited in asia). while these exho games seem pointless/meaningless to you in us and europe, they would definitely be fun and joy for us, her asian fans:)

mike/topgun
Nov 19th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah, you're right Coni. But playing only 8 events a year+3 exhos... is weird.

:inlove:
Nov 19th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Great to see two of my very favorites battling it out against each other. :armed:
I do of course hope Lindsay wins. :smooch:
Win a couple games Lindsay. :rocker: :help:

lindsayno1
Nov 20th, 2006, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=coni coronel;9512106]i would think she is doing it for her fans in asia who could only dream of a chance to see her in play in personQUOTE]

lol no theyre both playing for the 6 digit sum of money they will be receiving...!

!<blocparty>!
Nov 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah, you're right Coni. But playing only 8 events a year+3 exhos... is weird.

Can we please stop INSULTING Lindsay? :rolleyes:

Andrew..
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:32 AM
I don't know what kind of FANS would do such awful things.

mike/topgun
Nov 21st, 2006, 04:54 PM
Can we please stop INSULTING Lindsay? :rolleyes:
:lol: says who?:p
Who's insulting Lindsay btw?
I thought it's just a tennisboard where FANS can express their opinions;)

To make it clear - I was not the one who brought the "insult factor" to this thread.:haha:

Dave.
Nov 21st, 2006, 05:27 PM
Strange decision for her to play in Korea, but let's cheer for her! Start the season off with a win against Maria! 6-0 6-0:)

mike/topgun
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM
Strange decision for her to play in Korea, but let's cheer for her! Start the season off with a win against Maria! 6-0 6-0
sweet
Yeah, go Lindsay, win! :) :lol:

But, actually, even few games won by Davenport would make me happy:haha:in a way, cos though Masha is scary good, she's a player to beat and after all it's just an exho, so maybe...there's a slighty, tiny chanceyfor a repeat of the infamous doble bagle....(can't believe what I've just written:angel: )

RayRob
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:34 AM
LOL @ the Exo. It's funny really, but c'est la vie. At the end of the day, Davenport is past the average retirement age so whether she plays 8 or 2 tournies per year plus 3 exos, I don't care. I'm just pleased that she's still playing - three years ago we didn't even expect her to still be here. So, those who are "upset" about it all...just deal with it.

I also would prefer to see her competing in a bigger event to get some match practice, but you know suckier things happen in the world so something like this won't bring about armageddon!

-Rache

mike/topgun
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:15 PM
LOL @ the Exo. It's funny really, but c'est la vie. At the end of the day, Davenport is past the average retirement age so whether she plays 8 or 2 tournies per year plus 3 exos, I don't care. I'm just pleased that she's still playing - three years ago we didn't even expect her to still be here. So, those who are "upset" about it all...just deal with it.

I also would prefer to see her competing in a bigger event to get some match practice, but you know suckier things happen in the world so something like this won't bring about armageddon!

-Rache
Very true. Great post:)

Lindsayfan32
Nov 22nd, 2006, 09:12 PM

-Rache

Someone who totally gets it. I totally agree with your post Rache. We should all be happy when Lindsay's still playing at all. I was just happy Lindsay decided to keep on playing too.

:)

jacs
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:09 AM
What do you think about the pregnancy news?

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:40 AM
it's over.

The Daviator
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:10 AM
it's over.

Oh jeanne :hug:

I wanted one more Wimbledon :sad:

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Oh jeanne :hug:

I wanted one more Wimbledon :sad:

I wanted one more year, just give me a farewell tour. Just give me one last time to watch you play, just give me the opportunity to say goodbye even though I cannot mutter the words.
I know I'm being selfish, but, I just can't help it...

:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

The Daviator
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I wanted one more year, just give me a farewell tour. Just give me one last time to watch you play, just give me the opportunity to say goodbye even though I cannot mutter the words.
I know I'm being selfish, but, I just can't help it...

:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

I understand, and that's the strange thing, cos she is probably at her happiest in a long time, but still...:sad:

joaco
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I'm happy for Lindsay.... but sad for us fans :sad:

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:48 AM
If these walls came crumbling down,
Fell so hard to make us lose our faith
From whatís left youíd figure it out,
Still make lemonade taste like a sunny day

Stay beautiful baby
I hope you stat American baby
American baby

Nobodyís laughing now
Gods grace lost and the devil is proud
But Iíve been walking for a thousand miles
One last time I could see you smile

I, I hold, hold, on to you
You bring me hope Iíll see you soon
And if I donít see you,
Iím afraid weíve lost the way

Stay, beautiful baby
I hope you stay American baby
American baby

I, I hold , hold on to you
You bring me hope Iíll see you soon
And if I donít see you
Iím afraid weíve lost the way

Nobodyís laughing now
Cause you could always make me laugh out loud
Stay American babyÖ

:sad:

RJWCapriati
Dec 13th, 2006, 01:03 PM
:sad:

Elske
Dec 13th, 2006, 01:40 PM
If it is true, then I'm really happy for her! She always wanted children and let's face it, she wouldn't have one another grand slam anyway playing only 7-8 tournies. I do feel sad because we didn't get a decent chance to "say goodbye"...

Congratulations, Lindsay and Jon. :kiss:

MH0861
Dec 13th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I feel strangely indifferent tennis wise about this whole pregnancy thing, if it's true. I'm happy for her.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 13th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I feel strangely indifferent tennis wise about this whole pregnancy thing, if it's true. I'm happy for her.

Yup. What bothers me the most is how she played in her last two tournaments, going out like that to Momo. But, whatever. Tennis isn't everything, I'm happy for Lindsay and hope she has a great life bringing up spoilt Laguna Beach brats with Gwen, Gavin and John.

lindsayno1
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Yup. What bothers me the most is how she played in her last two tournaments, going out like that to Momo. But, whatever. Tennis isn't everything, I'm happy for Lindsay and hope she has a great life bringing up spoilt Laguna Beach brats with Gwen, Gavin and John.

LOL at the laguna beach brats!

If shes preggas...finally!

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Ugh at the thread title change. But it needed to be done.
I honestly was expecting something more along the lines of "The End."

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Cute.

Dec 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I wish her last match hadn't been a loss.
Especially as it was her first to Momo.
I am just too shocked right now. So saddened.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Okay, I was randomly scrolling thru the 2007 WTA Rule Book and saw this cute little change to the section on Gold Exempt Emertus Status:

New wording added to the Gold Emeritus Status Policy
The following has been added to the requirements for Gold Exempt status: “The rule is not intended for an active, top-ranked player, but for a player who has retired or who has notified the WTA Tour, in writing, that she intends to retire from competitive play prior to the start of the Tour Year and will only be playing a very limited schedule of special appearance tournaments.”

Methinks this little change sent Lindsay over the edge and she then proceeded to get knocked up. Just though it was curious to say the least.

The Daviator
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I wish her last match hadn't been a loss.
Especially as it was her first to Momo.
I am just too shocked right now. So saddened.

You're not in the mood to climb the tower of power, no? :sad:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist :haha:)

Sigh, I wish she would speak, I want to know for sure either way...

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:54 PM

(Sorry, I couldn't resist :haha:)

Sigh, I wish she would speak, I want to know for sure either way...

Me too, even though we all know what the answer is going to be.:sad:

QUEENLINDSAY
Dec 13th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Bye Bye Lindsay!!!

I love you so much and I'm so happy for you!!!!

I'm not sure if I can find another like you for me to love on WTA tour as much as I love you.

Dec 13th, 2006, 07:17 PM

No, Jon's obviously been doing it for me. :angel:

mike/topgun
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM
It's great:)
I'm really gald she's finally made the decision to start a family.
Maybe we'll see her in the future, coming back just for a goodbye tour in Socal. Great news. Congrats:yeah:

LindsayRulz
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:53 PM
omg I'm so upset :sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought we could watch Lindsay play at least one more year...

Anyway congrats Lindsay and bye bye :sad: :sad: :sad: :wavey:

LindsayRulz
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Blast from the Past forum here we come!!!

Andrew..
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Knocked up. Shocking.

After her last two tournaments, it's really not that surprising that she chose to end it. She always said that if she stopped having any fun on court, she'd quit. It was pretty obvious that she wasn't having fun anymore.

Bye, Leach.

dav abu
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:18 PM
goodbye x

hurricanejeanne
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Knocked up. Shocking.

After her last two tournaments, it's really not that surprising that she chose to end it. She always said that if she stopped having any fun on court, she'd quit. It was pretty obvious that she wasn't having fun anymore.

Bye, Leach.

You were right all along. That if she faded this badly and that if she wasn't having fun anymore she'd walk away.

RJWCapriati
Dec 14th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I'm sorry fellow Davenport fans......I know how it is for your favorite player to stop. Davenport had a long and great career though, best wishes to Ms. Davenport.

lindsayno1
Dec 14th, 2006, 02:04 AM
im gutted - tennis is gonna be so boring now...let the sharapova domination begin. But so happy for Lindsay! We wont ever hear anything from her again tho now :(

Frederic
Dec 14th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Goodbye everybody! I've been really glad to share all those good moments with you all! The year 2004, and 2005, what good moments we had! I agree with you Lindsayno1, tennis is gonna be boring without Lindsay... Thanks to you all again!!!

*Lee*
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Bye Lindsay! You will be a great mom, just like you're a great tennis player.

Best Wishes to the family!

Lillibet
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:48 PM
NO WAY! She's retiring??

I've just gone and read about it... that's sad for tennis, but I guess it's good for her.. still, she will be missed!

shirley
Dec 14th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Bye Lindsay.

#1Davenport
Dec 15th, 2006, 12:19 AM
So much mixed emotions! I will miss her sorely, but I'm happy she's having a baby. There will be an empty void in the tennis world now.

sweet_angel23
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:24 AM
omg!! omg!! i just read d article..omg!!
im sad but im happy for her havin a baby.. =)
i hope its not d end!! i just hope..

lindsayno1
Dec 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM
im sad shes gone but lovin the fact shes got a bun in the oven!

RayRob
Dec 15th, 2006, 10:24 PM
SAd for fans but great for Lindsay!

The amusing thing for me is that I will also be an Aunt for the first time around June 5th...my sister waited until she had the three month scan of baby (whom I call "pip" - don't ask) before she told people outside the family, so I'm guessing Lindsay did the same.

Oh well, congrats Linday - the memories of her playing will continue....and remember, she's not dead she's just having a baby!

-Rache

Tenis Srbija
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:31 PM
:sad: :bigcry: :crying2: :hysteric: :sobbing:

I hope that you will play at least one more tournament, like a goodbye one. US Open 2008.? Pleaseeeeeee :) :cool:

Lindsay always my noumber one! :worship: :bounce: :hug: :rocker2: :rocker: :banana: :bowdown: :inlove:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM
im sad shes gone but lovin the fact shes got a bun in the oven!

That's one smashing avatar ;)
Oh when I remember that match...I'm gonna miss her soooo much :sad:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
!!!

Jan
Aug 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Just love the new beginning

tennisboi
Aug 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Just love the new beginning

Me too:bounce:It really seems like she is starting over again...a new slate

Jan
Aug 12th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Me too:bounce:It really seems like she is starting over again...a new slate

That's just how I feel about it. I can't wait, I am so impatient to see her play again :bounce:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 12th, 2007, 11:21 PM
That's just how I feel about it. I can't wait, I am so impatient to see her play again :bounce:

Impatient and nervous. I'm actually starting to get a little nervous about her comeback in New Haven.

Oh, that some old feeling of nerves and excitement. I can't wait. :bounce:

lindsayno1
Aug 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Impatient?!!!.......ok!