PDA

View Full Version : Anastasia's 2007-tournaments

Maxmiffed
Nov 14th, 2006, 02:10 PM
January 1 - 6: ASB Classic, Auckland, New Zealand.

January 15 - 28: Australian Open, Melbourne, Australia.

February 5 - 11: Gas De Franze, Paris, France.

February 12 - 18: Proximus Diamonds Games, Antwerp, Belgium

---------------------
Some news about Anastasia in 2007:

On the TV show "The Crowd Goes Wild"tonight they leaked that Nastya was to be announced to play in Auckland in Janurary tomorrow. Hope it is correct:)

From myskina.com:

November 14th 2006: There are rumors in New Zealand that Anastasia could be one of the top players in the ASB Classic to be played at the start of January in Auckland, New Zealand!

By-the-way: Do any of you more experienced Anastasia-fans know where and when Anastasia usually announces her tournament-scheduele for the coming season?
Her official site is still silent.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
from
Cecilia:hearts:

:hearts: Golovin :hearts: - :hearts: Dani :hearts: - :hearts: Sofia :hearts: - :hearts: Gajdosova :hearts: - :hearts: Myskina :hearts: - :hearts: Vaidisova :hearts:

Maxmiffed
Nov 14th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Y E S !
:bigclap: :dance: :woohoo:

Anastasia confirms that she plays the ASB Classic tennis-tournament in Auckland New Zealand from January 1 to January 6 2007 as a warm-up before Australian Open!
The tournament in Auckland is a tier 4-tournament and I think is the perfect way to start for Anastasia after her long injury-break from tennis.

from
Cecilia:hearts:

:hearts: Golovin :hearts: - :hearts: Dani :hearts: - :hearts: Sofia :hearts: - :hearts: Gajdosova :hearts: - :hearts: Myskina :hearts: - :hearts: Vaidisova :hearts:

MyskinaManiac
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:45 AM
You unfairly gave me a bad reputation because I stated exactly the same thing that this thread is based on. 'Old news'? I posted it before you did you fool!

Jackie 36D
Nov 15th, 2006, 08:00 AM
:) ;) :cool: :lol: :bounce: :wavey: :worship: :dance: :tennis: :woohoo:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10410758

MyskinaManiac
Nov 15th, 2006, 01:40 PM
"She also follows many of the best Russian players including Nadia Petrova, Elena Likhovtseva and Anna Kournikova to head Downunder"

Anna Kournikova?

frenchie
Nov 15th, 2006, 03:45 PM
"She also follows many of the best Russian players including Nadia Petrova, Elena Likhovtseva and Anna Kournikova to head Downunder"

Anna Kournikova?

she played there in the past;)

MyskinaManiac
Nov 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I guess it was could have been taken either way... I obviously took the wrong way lol!

Thanx.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I've got news for you. Kournikova was a real good player.

MyskinaManiac
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Yes, yes she was. She won an array of singles titles. Never too far away from the champions dais.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:23 PM
She made a Wimbledon semi, and a Miami final.
Both very difficult to do.

MyskinaManiac
Nov 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, that is true. However, it still begs the question: Why couldn't she win a tournament? Perhaps her rank was too high, and she was just basically scraping by, defending points at large tournament with only one or two wins at each event? Or was it her peaking way too early in tournaments? Or was it a psychological thing? Do add to the list if you wish. Either way, I believe she was a great doubles player - in partnership with Martina.

Natash.
Nov 16th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Probably a psychological or the fact that she was in way too many big tournaments at 16 years old.

Anna certainly had the talent but she couldn't win a title. :sad:

ctan88
Nov 16th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Is this threat about Anastasia or AnnaK??? LOL ... Anywho, i love them both ... CANT WAIT to see NASTYA in action next year :)

Maxmiffed
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I've got news for you. Kournikova was a real good player.

All I know about Anna Kournikova is that her BOY-TASTE is 1,000,000 times better than Anastasia’s boy-taste.
Anna would never-never-never even talk to a monkey-face like Melzer.
Anna’s boyfriend is SOOO CUTE. I like Enrique Iglesias so very much too!
Anna Kournikova has CLASS regarding to her boy-friend.
I would like Anastasia to have the same class!!!

Now back to Anastasia's 2007-tournaments! ;)

from
Cecilia

Maxmiffed
Nov 20th, 2006, 10:53 AM
On the official Nastya site there is her schedule : ASB Classic, Australian Open, Gaz de France and Proximus Diamond Games.

Nastya in Paris :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Nov 20th, 2006, 12:21 PM

ohhh its'a pitty

i prefer Tokyo over Paris

easiest Tier I

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2006, 01:48 PM
And she's not defending SF points in Tokyo.

Paul.
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I found this article for any Myskina fans who are interseted :wavey:

Tennis: From snow in Moscow to summer in the city

Wednesday November 15, 2006
By Terry Maddaford

The Russians keep coming.

World No 16 Anastasia Myskina was last night confirmed as the second player from the WTA's top 20 for January's ASB Classic.

Speaking from her home in Moscow, and shivering as snow plummeted temperatures to -3C, Myskina said she was looking forward to the tournament and the chance to play Auckland for the first time.

"It is a good chance for me to prepare for the Australian Open," said Myskina, 25, who in the past has played little before heading to Melbourne. "I have seen matches from the tournament on television and I'm sure it is a great tournament in a great country. I have heard it is beautiful."

Myskina follows Frenchwoman Mary Pierce as the second Grand Slam winner to play in Auckland. Pierce won at Roland Garros in 2000 - Myskina four years later when she beat her countrywoman Elena Dementieva in the final.

She also follows many of the best Russian players including Nadia Petrova, Elena Likhovtseva and Anna Kournikova to head Downunder.

The Classic promises to be a watershed tournament for Moscow-born Myskina as she hits the tournament trail after being plagued with injuries including a stress fracture in her foot and a troublesome elbow.

"The early part of 2006 was pretty good for me but lately I have had a lot of time off," said Myskina. "But right now my fitness is a lot better."

She joins world No 18 Daniela Hantuchova (Slovakia) in the draw with Myskina likely to take the top seeding.

Myskina last night played down any suggestion she might play the singles and doubles here.

Despite the injuries she rates 2006 much higher than 2005.

"That was the worst year of my life," Myskina admitted.

"I could not handle it after winning the French Open in 2004. The pressure was immense. Now, as a 25-year-old, I feel I can get back to where I was."

She said being seeded at one or two for the Classic would not bring any added pressure.

Off the court she is looking forward to spending some time boating and quickly took up tournament director Richard Palmer's offer of a helicopter trip as undertaken by Petrova this year.

While happy with the WTA restrictions on who can, or cannot, play here (given the tier-four tournament status) in luring such players as Myskina and Hantuchova, Palmer remains confident of signing a third top-20 player, possibly defending champion Marion Bartoli for the January 1-6 tournament.

"Hopefully, there could be between four and six from the world's top 30," said Palmer.

"We will know that by the end of next week."

frenchie
Nov 20th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Myskina at Gaz de France!!!!!!

OMG the coverage is just great here in France!
And I expect reports from Cindy and Ariane....

DomenicDemaria
Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:06 AM
Great schedule. Hope she can have a great 2007! Can't wait to see her at AO.
Jankovic entered as well so Nastya will be bumped down to third seed.

MyskinaManiac
Nov 22nd, 2006, 04:18 AM
Not sure Nastya will win the tournament, I have a feeling Jankovic is way overdue for a title. However, I think we should ignor the value of the tournament based on points, the event should serve as a venue for match play. I'll be happy to see her play into the semis.