PDA

View Full Version : YEC Final 2006: Justine def Mauresmo 6-4,6-3: WE HAVE A NEW YEC CHAMPION!!!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:33 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

THE NEW NO.1 AND YEC CHAMPION OF 2006:
JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

selyoink
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Great job Justine! About time she beats Mauresmo this year.

tennisIlove09
Congrats Justine! :)

kosmikgroove
allez!! im so proud to be a fan of Justine Henin-Hardenne!

rockstar
justine! :D

she totally deserves it! ;)

narrisch
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
congrats Justine :yeah:

Amelie, thank you for 2006 :hug:

JackFrost
Gratulations, Justine. Well done.

LDF
Well done Justine! :bounce:

Not her best performance, but she was more aggressive than Amelie and served better.

A shame it had to end on such a poor double fault :o

eck
Justine, just when everyone has written you off....(sorta)
You never fail to amaze me.
This is why I love you. My favourite tennis player ever!

Congrats Justine!

shap_half
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a fabulous year this has been (ups, downs, more downs, and now another up)

Billabong
Congrats to Henin, she really didn't want to lose again to Mauresmo and played much better than Mauresmo today;)

.ivy.
WHOOOOOOOO!!!

:woohoo:

ALLEZ!

gladysharon
wooohoo!! Allez Justine!! She is great!:bounce:

Lefty.
Allez Juju!! :yeah: :banana: :worship: :bounce: :woohoo:

CrossCourt~Rally
:kiss: CONGRATS to JUSTINE on your new title! She totally deserves to be no 1 in the world! :worship:

MistyGrey
ALLLEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:aparty:

Martian KC
Impressive last 2 wins, Justine!!!:D She finally has the YEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonFlame
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO1.!!!!!!!!!!! SHE WON YEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT YEAR!!!
JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2006!!!!!!!:worship: :bounce: PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:aparty::hearts: :worship:

Bring on WIMBLEDON!!!:devil:

Princeza
bravo, cant wait to see 2007 season!

auntie janie
:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:
:yippee::yippee::yippee:
:yippee::yippee::worship: :hearts: :kiss: :hug:

The Crow
YES!!! Very happy she proved she can still win big tourneys (well, d'uh!).

Worthy number 1 :worship:

komorli
:worship: JUSTINE!!! :worship:

kosmikgroove
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM

she also beat her in Berlin 6-1, 6-2

but it's about time she beat her in a final!

:inlove:
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:38 PM
What an anti-climax to the tournament. :lol: Well done Justine and commiserations to Amelie who looked so gutted at the end but still managed to keep her class and dignity.

MCM
Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am thrilled for Justine!
Honestly, I can't wait for 2007!
:worship: :worship: :worship:
:D :D :D

Junex
What A Year For Us Justine Fans!!!!

Thank You Very Much Justien For Giving Us A Complete Season Of Victory!!!!!

Congratulations Justine!!!

Love The Haters!!!

Dexter
There are no words to describe how proud and happy I'm right now. So I only say: thank you Justine! :worship:

btw. I loved the reaction @ the net ;)

Asmus
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM
She really deserves #1 now.

ioni
:hug: amelie :sad: well i guess i have to say something nice about justine 's victory :scratch: but i can't find anything :banghead: enjoy your win .........:devil: ........:devil:

Dementieva_Dude
Congrats Justine! It's a great way to cap an amazing year

WF4EVER
Okay, I haven't posted her ein so long because I find the WTA so damn boring wihtout Venus and Serena but I had to do this:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

for Justine. I'm really happy for her. Made all the major/important finals in 2006 and finally beat Mauresmo again.

I can't wait to see this on tv tonight.

Allez, Juju! :woohoo:

morningglory
Not surprised actually! Justine played well! Congratz! (and Masha stays #2, if I'm not mistaken, thx again Ju) :p

Ceri
Yay for Justine, anyone got pics??

moby
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:40 PM
You did it, girl! I'm really happy for you and for myself. :p

What a way to cap off a great year. :bounce:

Marshmallow
Congratulations to her. I am glad she won. I am a Huge fan for Amelie, but over this year, Justine has lost 3 slam finals, and had to retire from the fed cup final. Another loss today wouldn’t have been terrible for a player of this calibre.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS. I am an official Fan! I have been inspired by her work ethic – I saw a quote a while ago something like ‘I am not as tall or as strong as the other girls so I have to work harder for my goals’. Knowing this, you can only be inspired by her achievements.

She played great through the week, and deserves this title – one she never had before.

Amelie, … You have had a FAB 2006, best year EVER!!! She has been inspirational too, over coming her own demons to become quite the fighter. She has achieved so much, and should she retire tomorrow – she has a career to be proud of.

Well done, to the BEST PLAYERS OF 2006!!!!

Dexter
What an anti-climax to the tournament.:rolleyes: :weirdo:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Awful match...

But Justine won and proved herself as deserved No.1. That's what only matters.

Astro Jetson
:bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:
thought she never would beat Mauresmo again!
Now only Wimbledon........ unbelievable

torto14
Congratulations to the new No.1 Justine!

Ceze
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Amelie was just not here today :sobbing: :sobbing:

shibster
justine's win is just a fluke. she was lucky. and besides, mauresmo played the later match, took to 3 sets, and had less time to recover.

this win is not only not really legit, but it's kinda pointless. it's not a slam.

Junex
One thing that is so compelling about Justine's YEC is that she actually accomplished 3 things:

1. won the YEC for the first time
2. become YE#1 again
3. Avenges and proving that she is much better than her two greatest adversaries this seasin...defeating both Masha & Momo for the title!

Just pure pleasure!!!

Natalicious
amelie :fiery: :sad:

-Makiri-
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Momo :sad:

Martian KC
There are no words to describe how proud and happy I'm right now. So I only say: thank you Justine! :worship:

btw. I loved the reaction @ the net ;)

Don't make me wait all day to watch this match! What happened at net?:p

moby
justine's win is just a fluke. she was lucky. and besides, mauresmo played the later match, took to 3 sets, and had less time to recover.

this win is not only not really legit, but it's kinda pointless. it's not a slam.Now that you say it. :(

RenaSlam.
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:44 PM
:vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

Ame, not really impressive from you...

JuJu too good :worship:

JuJu is the world number one and best player in the world.

sapir1434
This damn forehand. :sad:

But... Thank you Amelie for this amazing 2006. :) I enjoyed so much to see this week the matches against Hingis, Justine, and Kim. . I'm just sooooo proud of you. :worship:
Have a good rest and come back as strong as possible for 2007!

Congrats Justine, well deserved. :)

Derek.
Amé. :sad:

Congrats Justine. :hug:

Stavie
thats the way ahaha I like it! :lol:

Allez Justine! :bowdown: justinecredible match!!!! :banana: :bounce:

flyingmachine
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Well Done Justine. :bounce:
Poor Amelie. :sad:

Dexter
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:46 PM
What was the reaction? I only had a scoreboard to watch. :o:kiss: :smooch: ;)

goldenboi356
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:46 PM
She finally has the YEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and next year will be wimbledon to add to the collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Junex
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:47 PM

this win is not only not really legit, but it's kinda pointless. it's not a slam.

boo hoo!

The Jabberwock
Well done Justine! You deserve it!

:worship:

Si_Hi
well done!!!!
now everyone knows who is the real number 1

WF4EVER
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Havok
Good.

Dexter

this win is not only not really legit, but it's kinda pointless. it's not a slam.stop it! :haha: ;)

xulilixu
wow,..she comes back from injury and two months of not playing to show everybody who's #1.

Congrats Juju! :worship: Now get that Wimbledon next yr.

PatrickRyan
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hannah-Louise
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:49 PM
well done justine. amelies still my number 1 though. great year the pair of them!

Morrissey
At the end of the day it all comes down to consistency and Amelie did breakthrough winning 2 slams. However, Amelie's had some horrible performances this year. She tried to make up for it by playing a great WTA championships. However, too little too late for Amelie. Amelie just didn't win enough titles. And that's the end of the story. Amelie not consistent enough therefore Justine deserves the no.1 ranking due to her amazing consistency.

s_j
Justine #1
Maria #2
Amelie #3 - despite winning AO, Wimbledon and YEC Final :o

goldenboi356
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM
btw, what are the ranking points after this?

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ame :hug: A real shame she couldn't play her best today, she looked a little flat to me today, probably the result of three epic matches in 3 days, a shame this could of been a great match. But a great year Amelie :worship: .

moby
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM
amelie let her win:wavey:Thank you, Amelie! :D :worship:

LDF
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Justine #1
Maria #2
Amelie #3 - despite winning AO, Wimbledon and YEC Final :o

The rankings award consistency, and Justine and Maria have been more consistent throughout 2006 than Amelie.

Finishing at no.3 does not detract from what has been a superb year for Amelie though.

Martian KC
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:53 PM
amelie let her win:wavey:

They went from enemies to BFF in just one YEC!:eek:

Bart
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Justine! :woohoo: :bounce: :yeah:

shibster
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:54 PM
i'm so furious now. i mean, why are those 1 slam winners towering above amelie the TWO SLAM WINNER OF THE YEAR.

don't those slams mean anything? HULLO WTA? ANYBODY HOME? why have slams when you win you dun get to be ranked #1? why have them in the first place and call them majors? this is sooooo stupid.

those 1 slam winners dun deserve anything at all, they are not better players than amelie.

and yes, amelie was just frustrated and tired of this discriminating ranking system, that she just let justine win today. to show the pure injustice that the WTA has done unto her.

thrust
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Congrats Justine For This Great Win And Fabulous Year! This May Not Be A Slam, But I Think To Win The Yec Is Toughr Than A Slam. Justine Had To Play 3 Top 8 Players, Including The #1 Twice. She Beat Maria, The One Person Standing In Her Way For The #1 Ranking. Also, There Was Only One Day Off For Each Player, So Justine Had To Play Petrova, Mauresmo, Maria, Then Ameile With No Days Off. This Was An Amazing Achievement From A Player Who Had Not Played A Match For About Two Months Due To A Serious Injury!! She Deserves The #1 Ranking As Well As Player Of The Year.

goldenboi356
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM
i'm so furious now. i mean, why are those 1 slam winners towering above amelie the TWO SLAM WINNER OF THE YEAR.

don't those slams mean anything? HULLO WTA? ANYBODY HOME? why have slams when you win you dun get to be ranked #1? why have them in the first place and call them majors? this is sooooo stupid.

those 1 slam winners dun deserve anything at all, they are not better players than amelie.

and yes, amelie was just frustrated and tired of this discriminating ranking system, that she just let justine win today. to show the pure injustice that the WTA has done unto her.:help: :help: :help: :help: :soreloser:

!Gio!
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
So happy, everything as it should be. She deserved to win this match and end the year at number one. She was the best and she played the best.
Amazing only 167 cm tall and what she can do with the ball, what reach, what speed, what touch. Amazing, truly amazing and I like her even more.
Her game is so beautiful. This is all a tribute to her great work ethic and her big heart, after the US Open, after that dissapointment at Fed Cup, not playing for weeks and here she is on top once again.
Allez

Now if only Martina can win a slam and get into the top 5 and I will be in heaven.

Good Luck in 2007 to all the players especially,
Justine
Martina
Elena Dementieva
Lindsay Davenport
Venus
Paola Suarez
Kim
My #1 Tzveti Pironkova
and Mary Pierce, come back strong baby.

:inlove:
:rolleyes: :weirdo:

Er...yes? :rolleyes:

WF4EVER

and yes, amelie was just frustrated and tired of this discriminating ranking system, that she just let justine win today. to show the pure injustice that the WTA has done unto her.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gibberish
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Congrats to Justine and comiserations to Amelie. Both had great years. Just wish the match was a bit better.

Looking forward to a wonderful 2007 from both of them.

Cashif
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:59 PM
ALLEZ JUJU:bounce:

You finally beat Mauresmo:bigclap: and that too when it mattered and have PROVE THAT YOU ARE THE TRUE NO1.. Eventhough i was hoping for MARIA to gain the No1 Spot, I am extremely happy that you have gained it because as far as i was concerned YOU WERE THE BEST PLAYER OF THIE YEAR AND DEFINITELY DESERVE THE NO1 Spot

CONGRATULATIONS JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE ON A FABULOUS YEAR:bigclap::woohoo:

Wintermute
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Justine :yeah: Amazing tournament, amazing year, amazing player! She truly deserves her #1 and YEC Championship. Amelie also played some stunning tennis this week and was a worthy final opponent, very gracious in defeat.

saima
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Congrats Justine :bounce: :bounce:

eck
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:03 PM

:clap2: :clap2: :yippee: :yippee: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :haha: :haha: :haha: :worship: :worship:

Oh please, take it up to Larry Scott. :)

shibster
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:06 PM
i'm also absolutely furious at justine for spoiling women's tennis. with sharky and perhaps momo, WTA has such a great opportunity for getting sponsorships and money for the sport. then the tournament will improve and attract more interests. and we can have more and better tournaments in the tour for all the players all year round!

selling seats and tickets, and endorsements and sponsorships are critical.

justine's win is just a sad note in women's tennis. i hope that others will take heed, and stop this disaster from happening.

eck
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:06 PM
AMELIE IS THE REAL WINNER

God get over it, get off your high freaking horse. Give credit where it's due. No need to proof anything cause it's all in the pudding.

eck
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:07 PM
i'm also absolutely furious at justine for spoiling women's tennis. with sharky and perhaps momo, WTA has such a great opportunity for getting sponsorships and money for the sport. then the tournament will improve and attract more interests. and we can have more and better tournaments in the tour for all the players all year round!

justine's win is just a sad note in women's tennis. i hope that others will take heed, and stop this disaster from happening.

omg stop it lol
i can't take it anymore

:haha: :haha: :lol: :lol:

komorli

Love you Shib's!!! :haha: :haha:

P_Fer
good job justine:worship:

Ame:sad:

Stavie
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:09 PM

:haha: :worship:

ns_Henin
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Congratulations Justine :)

Im very happy. Good Luck for 2007 :bounce:

^bibi^
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Great match from both player, and good to see they seem more friendy than they've been this year :)

lil' pumpkin
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:11 PM
i'm so fu**ing sad right now. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Mightymirza
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:12 PM
OMG justine....I am dancing!!!ALLLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :ras: @ haters who thought she will be blown away by sharpy...:D Well done justine plz win Wimbledon next yr :yeah:

Bart
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:14 PM

:bs:

*JR*
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I luv JHH and wanted her to win, but am sure she'd trade the YEC and #1 for those 2 Slam finals. ;)

ladyanais
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Justine! :bounce: :bounce:
I'm so pleased she's won this tournament and her no 1 ranking is a reward for her hard work and consistency.

:hug: to Amelie. I'm filled with admiration: to get to the final of the tournament after such a terrible first round.

What a great end to the year! The standard of tennis has been superb. Roll on 2007! :bounce: :D :worship: (Justine, win Wimbledon, 'kay?)

Mightymirza
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:16 PM
justine has ruined womens tennis - i heard she takes something:tape: :tape: :tape:

Food I guess:silly: was that the word?? So strange eh??

bellascarlett
Congrats Justine! :D

:secret: Oh and thanks for keeping Masha at number 2!!! :bounce: :lol:

listy169

OMG did you not see the match?? Justine played some great tennis ,you just had to open your eyes LOSER

natacha1
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Justine made my day

Elwin.
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Justine totally deserved it!!

shibster
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
actually, i stand to correct myself. WTA should just have sharky as poster pin-up girl, so that the tour can get sponsorhips and endorsements for prize money.

i mean seriously, would anybody be lifting trophies and getting a paycheck without sharky's glam and endorsements?

get real, without sharky, women's tennis can only go down, down, and further down.

justine's ascendancy to #1 is just a bad stubbornness of the french speaking player, with all pure arrogance, failing to see THAT BIG PICTURE.

even mauresmo is more open, candid, witty during interviews. and that has got more tennis fans into the game.

what has justine done? nothing. seriously....this has to be a really awful day for women's tennis.

Hugo24
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Still a great year for Amelie .

swiss
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:20 PM
::worship: Justine
:hug: Amé no gas today but very classy girl :worship: :worship:

FrenchY52
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:20 PM
No Amélie ! You should have your serve and lead 5-4 in the 1st.
Great speech anyway :)
Justine was boring as usual :zzz:

Beny
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:21 PM
ALLEZ Justine!!
What a year it`s been!
Congratulations! Justine:worship: :yeah: :aparty:
:worship: :yeah:

natacha1
JUSTINE DISGUSTS ME

What are you doing, you embarassing the other Davenportfans. Keep laughing man, our go hang yourself but stop posting these childish posts :help:

eck
JUSTINE DISGUSTS ME

Go to sleep, it's way past your bedtime.

Dexter
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
OMG did you not see the match?? Justine played some great tennis ,you just had to open your eyes LOSERomg, he is being ironic - don't you get it? :lol: ;)

lucashg
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Congrats, Justine! :woohoo: :bowdown: :woohoo:
YE #1, YEC and beating Maria and Amelie in a row - what a way to finish off the year! :worship: Enjoy your vacation and good luck in 2007! :hearts:

Congrats also to Amelie who had an amazing and unbelievable 2006. :worship: :yeah:

I hope to see Justine, Maria and Amelie doing great next year and let's hope Kim joins them for her final season! :D

pigam
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:23 PM
wooot! great match justine!
You wanted it sooo much, and really went for it; the attacker was rewarded. :yeah:
Well done, and nice reaction from both ladies at the net

xulilixu
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Justine please die a.s.a.p

:rolleyes:

You need help.

Wimanna
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Justine :yeah: Nice way to end a great year! :yeah: :)

natacha1
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Justine please die a.s.a.p

OOh, i feel sorry for you :hug:

This must be a bad day for you :devil:

ladyanais
Why would Justine's win be bad for women's tennis? :confused:

I have to admit, I normally prefer to watch ATP. But, this week, the quality of tennis has been outstanding. It's been a celebration of the variety of styles, passion and athleticism that currently defines women's tennis.

I'd say, what with Justine, Amelie and Maria all playing superbly, and with the depth of talent of the other players (from both the up-and-comers and established players) we're in for a fascinating and exciting 2007 season (injuries aside:mad:)

How on earth does Justine's win negate all that?

Dexter
Justine please die a.s.a.pnow that's just wrong :rolleyes:

shibster
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:26 PM
i didn't think of it that way. if justine die asap, sharky will be the number 1.

all hail the queen of endorsements and money. and guess what, mauremo will be bumped up to number 2.

that's such a good way to settle things. :)

you must have taken a page from the bush administration huh? good for you!

Allez-H
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Lol, Justine was so pumped while this match that she looked like a boxer at times :lol: I'm proud of her, i thought she was done after friday but then she goes and beats two of her biggest rivals in straights. This has been an amazing year and I'm already looking forward to 2007; a Justine-Amelie-Maria rivalry is looking awfully delicious at this moment :drool:

Congrats for your great year Momo, it was only deserving to have the last match of the season being between the two players totally owned this year :yeah:

Oh and, might I call the kiss in the end hopefull? :angel:

FrenchY52
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM
omg, why edit your post? we all know you wernt kidding.

JUSTINE IS BAD NO.1 AND BAD FOR THE GAME

Bart
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=FrenchY52;9477102]Justine please die a.s.a.p
[QUOTE]

I've read a lot on this board but wishing someone to die?? :help: :help:

xulilixu
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=FrenchY52;9477102]Justine please die a.s.a.p
QUOTE]

I've read a lot on this board but wishing someone to die?? :help: :help:

frenchy52 will get banned soon.

treufreund
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM

she beat her on clay in straight sets already btw. both of her wins have been in straight sets over Amelie.

justine&coria
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:31 PM
OMFG Davenportfan and Chipster hate so much Justine that they've been spoiling Wtaworld with hating messages towards Justine for almost one hour non stop !! Wow : don't they have nothing better to do ? Poor guys !

Dexter
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:31 PM
[quote=Bart;9477151]

frenchy52 will get banned soon.he deserves to be banned :o

shibster
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:32 PM
she beat her on clay in straight sets already btw. both of her wins have been in straight sets over Amelie.

you have forgotten the golden rule of slams. only slams matters. what is berlin and YEC compared to AO and wimby. and it's not a RR rule, counting number of sets. a win is a win. we count number of slams! not sets, not ratio, not percentage!

:shakes head: you just don't get it, do you?

eck
[QUOTE=Bart;9477151]

i know he's really mean and crazy

JUSTINE PLEASE GET INJURED AGAIN

Why not YOU get injured and GO AWAY? :wavey:

Kim's_fan_4ever
JUSTINE PLEASE GET INJURED A.S.A.P

Poor Lindsay, having a fan like you :o

Yasmine
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Seriously Juju fans, just enjoy the victory... there will always be sore loosers and people who'll never be happy whoever the winner is ;)

:worship: well done to Justine, even if Amélie was my fave today, she outplayed her bigtime :worship:

*JR*
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM
JUSTINE PLEASE GET INJURED A.S.A.P
You're a classless punk. (I've never even said anything like that about PP). :rolleyes:

Edit: were a classless punk (here). :wavey:

Pasta-Na
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Dexter;9477187]

totally agree, he makes me sick

MH_3571
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:36 PM
JUSTINE :worship: :worship: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Pasta-Na
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:36 PM
hope juju will complete her career grand slam next year :)

daniela86
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: to Justine :yeah: Great tournament and great year :yeah: :hug: She is definitly the best :yeah: !Hopefully she will keep playing as great :bounce: I can't wait 2007 begins,it should be interesting :bounce:

janjan
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
A best Super tennis of wemen's I've seen ever:bounce:

Congrats Justine!:bounce:

and Amelie, You have Great Year!

njnetswill
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I'm not really a Justine fan, but I believe she is the most deserving of this title, making all 4 GS finals and all.

Lady
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:41 PM
AAAHHHHHHHH!!

Can't believe it! Simply can't! Thank you, Justine!
I'm so happy to see you so positive on court again! She was so pumped!! And brilliant finish! :D

And you made Amelie kiss you in the end, evil you! :kiss:

Congratulations to all Amelie fans! It was a magnificent season for her and for you!!

P.s.: Shibster, you're overdoing it! ;)

treufreund
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:43 PM
what is bad for tennis are pathetic haters who cannot see the incredible talent and heart of women's tennis #1 player JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE. These people are blinded with hatred and truly have no basis for this. Justine has done so much for the game and so much to help children with cancer. I don't understand how you can help so many children suffering and still be hated by crazy, hateful people. I really cannot understand that for the life of me.

Wojtek
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:45 PM
At the end of the year three of my favourite players are in the top 3

*Jean*
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Well done Justine :)
Anyway very good week Amélie with a high level, but Hénin was definitely too strong today...congrats for her #1 rankings now...
1 Hénin 2 Sharapova 3 Mauresmo, the three real girls of the year...even if I would have prefered another order in the rankings :p

rottweily
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Yeah and almost all the balls she played were in the court, how lucky can you be :mad:

felipe2004
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Congratulations, Justine!!!! :D :D :D I'm so happy, you deserve it so much!!! :worship: :worship:

goldenboi356
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:49 PM
actually, i stand to correct myself. WTA should just have sharky as poster pin-up girl, so that the tour can get sponsorhips and endorsements for prize money.

i mean seriously, would anybody be lifting trophies and getting a paycheck without sharky's glam and endorsements?

get real, without sharky, women's tennis can only go down, down, and further down.

justine's ascendancy to #1 is just a bad stubbornness of the french speaking player, with all pure arrogance, failing to see THAT BIG PICTURE.

even mauresmo is more open, candid, witty during interviews. and that has got more tennis fans into the game.

what has justine done? nothing. seriously....this has to be a really awful day for women's tennis.
:tape: :tape: :tape: all i have to say: wow.

_Cell-chuk
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
:bounce: I am sooo happy. Since Jennifer's departure from the game, Justine has been my favourite player. Winning back to back against Maria and Mauresmo without dropping a set is so satisfying for her and for us, her loyal fans.

I never stopped believing in her. She is the best player out there at the moment. When she is healthy, noone can beat her I think with the exception of an in-form Serena.

A great week from Justine.
The true no1.
Allez JUJU.

Nicjac
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Congrats Justine! :worship:

Great match to watch, great determination, impressive Graf-like season.

I don't get it that so many people harp on about her personality - what is their problem I wonder. Jealousy?

I've followed Amélie and Justine's career for many years now, admire them both (who wouldn't), and to have this kind of final and tournament is just great for the sport.

Justine Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:nerner: :nerner: :nerner: :nerner: :nerner: :nerner:

:ras: :ras: :ras: :ras: :ras: :ras:

Eat crow :baby: :baby:

Nicolas
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM
:sad: Amé.......

Still a wonderful year for you, now rest up for 2007 :wavey:

tako
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Congratulations Justine!
You were incredible:worship: :worship: :kiss:
You crowned this fantastic year for you with the victory in YEC:bounce:
You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kiss:

LUXXXAS
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Congrats Justine! :yeah: you are THE BOSS! and a level above everyone! :bowdown:

Justine Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:01 PM
No Amélie ! You should have your serve and lead 5-4 in the 1st.
Great speech anyway :)
Justine was boring as usual :zzz:

:haha: BANNED :yeah:

jazar
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:02 PM
woohoo, justine finally beat amelie. now she is #1, sharapova is #2 and mauresmo is where she belongs.

Dexter
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
:haha: BANNED :yeah:about time! :D

SpankMe
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Wow!! Can I just say to all the players a big thank you for such an exciting and thrilling week:hug: :yeah: :woohoo: :bigwave: :banana:
It has to be the most difficult and punishing week of the year for the top players :eek: :rocker2:
It was amazing to watch and/or follow with unexpected twists and turns in every match that I saw/followed. :eek: :yippee:
Here's looking forward to an excellent 2007 :bounce: :kiss: :wavey:

crazillo
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Finally!!! :)

Justine Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:11 PM
http://i15.tinypic.com/4bivjhe.jpg

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I'm so damn happy at the moment ... no amount of hate could make a difference to how happy I am! :bounce: :bounce:

Congratulations Justine, thank you very much for proving yourself to yourself and all your fans. Ever since I first saw you in 2001 I knew you would be one to make history and you have. Just one more tournament to win and then you've won all the tournaments out there.

I will love you forever. No other tennis player will ever take your place.

PROUD TO BE A JUSTINE FAN

thenj
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Ju really deserves it!:bounce: :bounce: :yippee: :aparty:

Stavie
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:23 PM
aww I love that smile!!!!!

:hearts:

Blackbeat
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM
congratz Juju...u played a really good match...respect!

tard~tard
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Seriously Juju fans, just enjoy the victory... there will always be sore loosers and people who'll never be happy whoever the winner is ;)

:worship: well done to Justine, even if Amélie was my fave today, she outplayed her bigtime :worship:

Thank you Yasmine.

What a great YEC this has been this year.
So many fenomenal matches. Thank you,
thank you ladies.

Thank you Justine and Amélie for once again
a great battle between the two of you.
Congrats to both for this amazing tennis year.
Congrats to Maria Sharapova as well, we have
such a strong top 3 in the world right now.

Congrats Queen Justine, for coming out on top.:worship:

Looking forward to 2007, Allez!

wateva
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:35 PM
congrats justine on a great win and her number 1 ranking. :)

Uranus
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Allez Justine! :yeah:
Congrats on your win :)

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Justine has completed everything she wanted to complete EXCEPT winning Wimbledon this year.
She should be proud of her year.
At the same time, she knows this year was her best chance.
Serena & Lindsay didn't play.
She's only confirmed playing for two more years and Lindsay(for one year) & Serena will definately be there.

She's had a terrific year but she'll remember Wimbledon come Janurary.

She played some exceptionally smart tennis this week. She was just fluid.
If she plays like this all of next year, watch out.

Justineladivine
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I haven't posted for months but how could I resist?... Total elation, unmitigated happiness, boy this has made my year-end. Hope JustineFan doesn't mind my using her words for my own feelings: "I will love you forever. No other tennis player will ever take your place."
Hey folks, don't fret too much over Davenportwhatever's posts. I'm 99% certain it was Creep trying to entice Justine haters into making asses of themselves (somewhat successfully at that!, at least with one of the most rabid ones)

Ah, sweet mystery of youth...

MistyGrey
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:52 PM
:woohoo: Justine
Revenge is soooooo damn sweet! :devil:

<!Society!>
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:56 PM
as much as i dislike henin,

shes an absolutely amazing tennis player.

deserved.

fleemke³
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:08 PM
:D:D:D
AMAZING!!!!
Let's hope Wimbledon will be hers in 2007 :) (all other titles are also welcome ;))

hotandspicey
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Congrats Justine on a fine job. Momo :sad: :hug: ..Still a great year. 2 slams, yec finals, and #3 rank is something to be proud of. Make 2007 even better. :yeah:

Nickitos2006
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Congratulations, Justine! Fantastic tournament and a well deserved title!
Also congrats to Amelie on reaching the final!
Great Job, girls! :yeah:

Shinjiro
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Best ladies' match i've seen for a long time. Let's hope for a new thrilling rivalry between the two most complete players right now. Can't wait for AO 2007!

terjw
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Well done Justine.

The last few results were not what I wanted at all. With Martina not making it, and both semis and the final going the way I did not want. Nevertheless this has to be the best YEC for a long time with all the top players there, the top 4 players in the semis and playing well even though I was hoping for a different result.

Billabong
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Well done Justine.

The last few results were not what I wanted at all. With Martina not making it, and both semis and the final going the way I did not want. Nevertheless this has to be the best YEC for a long time with all the top players there, the top 4 players in the semis and playing well even though I was hoping for a different result.

I feel the same:)

Kart
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Congrats to Justine - she's a worthy champion :yeah:.

petesz
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Congrats Justine!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

THE NEW NO.1 AND YEC CHAMPION OF 2006:
JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ns_Henin
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:33 PM
So, what is Billie Jean King trophy??

Ben.
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Congrats Justine :bigclap::bigclap: Finishing No.1 in the World & now YEC Champion, what a way to conclude the season in that fashion :worship: That just proves what a champion & the fighter that she is, how she takes the situation in her own hands & turns it around after coming back from that knee injury & proving several critics & haters wrong :bowdown:

Once again Justine, congrats & may u remember 2006 as a year to remember :D champion becomes a legend :rocker2:

Wayn77
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Congrats Justine: well deserved YEC and year-ending no. 1 :bigclap: :bigclap: smart tactics, aggressive - will be the player to beat in the big tourneys in 2007.

Disappointing final for Amelie: didn't have and wasn't allowed her A game from the previous day - poor serving and weak forehand.

and a big clap for Madrid:bigclap: :bigclap: well done!

Mightymirza
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:56 PM
"I don't want to think about next year. I want to enjoy the moment. Life goes by too fast, and if I start thinking about what's going to happen next year I think I'll miss very important emotions right now."-Justine :worship: Sooo wise and down to earth!!

.Andrew.
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM
JUSTINE :worship: WELL DONE!!! Amelie :hug:

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:58 PM
allez!! im so proud to be a fan of Justine Henin-Hardenne!

allez!

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:02 PM
bad match from momo:( but justine played very well for most of de match.great 2006 for amelie 2 grand slams:worship:

Mightymirza
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:03 PM
bad match from momo:( but justine played very well for most of de match.great 2006 for amelie 2 grand slams:worship:

Add YEC final ;) Not a mean feat by any means!!

doris_hdz
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Congrats Juju........for the title and the n 1...

Wayn77
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Add YEC final ;) Not a mean feat by any means!!
particularly after the thrashing Amelie got from my Russian goddess in the first match :D ;) :D

cometz9
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Congrats to Justine :clap2: :drink: :worship: Well done on winning your 1st YEC and pocketing $1 million :drool:

Momo :sad: kudos to her, she made it to the Final again :bigclap: superb year for her as well, congrats.

soccerjock
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Well done Justine! Impressive performance and i think deserving No.1!

Europe rocks
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Well done Juju, great year all round - reaching the final of all the slams, winning other titles, winning this and ending the year as the #1 player. Hopefully 2007 will be even better for you :hug:

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:11 PM
particularly after the thrashing Amelie got from my Russian goddess in the first match :D ;) :D

petrova came last in the group the place for her

Wayn77
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:16 PM
petrova came last in the group the place for her
she qualified as 6th best player in the whole wide world. :worship:

- which cannot be said for the sorry line-up in your signature. :p :o :tape:

bandabou
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
nice win by Juju...finally scores a win at a big tourney against Momo.

maddyus
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
SUPER JUJU!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:21 PM
What really shocks me about today is the same thing that shocked me about her '04 Olympics win. Without a lot of preparation, and away from the game for a while, she storms in and wins a big one! That in itself is very '96 Graf-like.

Aside from beating the two hottest players this fall, she was able to overcome the mental demons of beating a player who owned her at the slams this year.

She proved all doubters wrong this year. For someone who is supposed to be only a "clay court" specialist, she won on every surface. For someone who supposedly lied about illness in a grand slam final (that was crucified at the cross by the tennis genre and not expected to ever regain her top form) she perservered and proved ALL of them wrong by her stellar play this year. It is ironic that the same person she defaulted to in January, she beat in the last major final of the year, taking the #1 spot.

I just want to thank Justine for playing with such heart and always giving her fans something to cheer about. Its that type of character and steely determination which will always make her a great champion.

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:23 PM
she qualified as 6th best player in the whole wide world. :worship:

- which cannot be said for the sorry line-up in your signature. :p :o :tape:

the players in my signature are all world class players and sum of the most popular players in the world unlike petrova :devil:

Wayn77
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:28 PM
the players in my signature are all world class players and sum of the most popular players in the world unlike petrova :devil:

Well I am sure you will join me in once again congratulating Justine on her world-class triumph today and wishing Nadia better luck at 2007 YEC.:lol:

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:46 PM
do plp like my avatar:) who is the runner up in de pic???

Wayn77
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:50 PM
do plp like my avatar:) who is the runner up in de pic???
PATHETIC!!

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:53 PM
PATHETIC!!

its funny. alot like that petrova trying to beat top players

Wayn77
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM
its funny. alot like that petrova trying to beat top players

sober up you thick hick, it's work tomorrow - you got a lotta shovelling to do :lol: :lol:

mike/topgun
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
As I expected:p
Great job Juju, even the "ulgly" forehand worked really well this week;)

Justine Henin-Hardenne is The Real Number One! :bowdown:
Masha's the Real Number Two and Momo somehow won two slams this year:lol:

MinnyGophers
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:06 PM

Are you sure you want to talk smack about other players, especially when those players actually won slams?

sugimomo
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:07 PM

the only surprise is sharapova winning a slam with that dodgy forehand:lol: , mauresmo has more talent in her baby finger than masha has. juju wasnt long sorting her out and if mauresmo got her hands on her she would of sorted her out too. dont get me started on davenport.

MinnyGophers
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:08 PM

I understand the whole debate of Justine vs Amelie for the number one position, but Maria being ahead of Amelie in the rankings is a whole other story.

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I understand the whole debate of Justine vs Amelie for the number one position, but Maria being ahead of Amelie in the rankings is a whole other story.

The Justine vs Amelie debate has been put to rest. Justine is the YEC and #1 ranked player for 2006.

Maria finished #2 because she went undefeated from the US Open until semi's of the YEC. Had Amelie played better outside the slams, she would have finished the year #1.

vettipooh
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Congrats Justine!! :yeah: Great year!
Momo :hug: :kiss: :sad: You still rock, though. :rocker:

sugimomo
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:23 PM
The Justine vs Amelie debate has been put to rest. Justine is the YEC and #1 ranked player for 2006.

Maria finished #2 because she went undefeated from the US Open until semi's of the YEC. Had Amelie played better outside the slams, she would have finished the year #1.

the justine versus amelie debate is by no means over. just because juju won the last encouter doesnt mean shes better. being number for one week isnt a good enough reason either.

MinnyGophers
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:24 PM

That is true, Maria was rewarded for her high consistency... however, there is still something... odd, about a player who has won two slams and made the semis of one, as well as finals of YEC being ranked lower than a player who albeit had a great year, "only" won one slam.

This puts to rest any doubt that the rankings value consistency over anything else.

esquímaux
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Momo!!!!!! :tears::crying2::sad::bigcry::hysteric: :sobbing:

mike/topgun
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Maria won US Open and 3 tier I events, was a semifinalist in Wimbledon and Aussie Open and in YEC. She's gained more points than Momo somehow:)
The season was totally dominated by the 3, then must give credit to Nadya for winning some titles too.

Originally Posted by sugimomo
dont get me started on davenport
what:confused:

Kitten63
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:35 PM
oh, justine i'm so proud of you! well done you really deserved it.

great year and tournament amelie!

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:39 PM
That is true, Maria was rewarded for her high consistency... however, there is still something... odd, about a player who has won two slams and made the semis of one, as well as finals of YEC being ranked lower than a player who albeit had a great year, "only" won one slam.

This puts to rest any doubt that the rankings value consistency over anything else.

In the Open Era, Mauresmo is the first player to win two grand slam tournaments, playing 17 tournaments + in a calendar year and not be YE #1.

If the WTA put all its ranking weight in the Grand Slam tournaments (which are currently higher weighted than Tier I, II, III tournaments), then players would be less inclined to play Tier'ed events which is the bread and butter of the circuit.

The rankings value winning and performance throughout an rolling calendar year, not just five tournaments. Maria won three Tier I events this year. Week in and week out, she played better than Mauresmo which reflects her ranking.

If you play consistently well throughout the year, you deserve a high ranking.

Winning two grand slams in one year is a tremendous feat. That's one month of tennis. However, if you didn't play so well the other 11 months, do you truly deserve a higher ranking than someone that played extremely well over 12 months?

Its not as though Maria didn't win a GS title. She won three Tier I events, won the US Open, was a Wimbledon semifinalist and dominated the fall season.

The current ranking system isn't the problem here. Amelie just needed to pick up her game outside the slams.

Venus in 2000 and 2001 won two slams but didn't finish #1. Why? Because she didn't play a full schedule. Jennifer won two in 2001, but she didn't win much outside of the slams.

This late in Amelie's career, I'm sure she enjoys the slam victories much more than "who she is ranked ahead of". She overcame tennis history and her own mental demons to place herself in a position to make it into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

bermuda
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Congrats Justine!http://smiles2k.net/smiles/sport_smiles/1_007.gif
http://sm.smilik.ru/1127990481.gifhttp://sm.smilik.ru/1127990481.gifhttp://sm.smilik.ru/1127990481.gif

loppy
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Thank you Justine! What a fantastic finish for the year!!!

pigmalion
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Waw so great Justine :eek:

I'm proud to be one of your fans thx thx thx :banana: :banana: :banana:

WORLD NUMBER ONE ALLEZ :lol:

Justine Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:17 PM
allez!

Lovin' the sig :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Justine Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:21 PM
What really shocks me about today is the same thing that shocked me about her '04 Olympics win. Without a lot of preparation, and away from the game for a while, she storms in and wins a big one! That in itself is very '96 Graf-like.

Aside from beating the two hottest players this fall, she was able to overcome the mental demons of beating a player who owned her at the slams this year.

She proved all doubters wrong this year. For someone who is supposed to be only a "clay court" specialist, she won on every surface. For someone who supposedly lied about illness in a grand slam final (that was crucified at the cross by the tennis genre and not expected to ever regain her top form) she perservered and proved ALL of them wrong by her stellar play this year. It is ironic that the same person she defaulted to in January, she beat in the last major final of the year, taking the #1 spot.

I just want to thank Justine for playing with such heart and always giving her fans something to cheer about. Its that type of character and steely determination which will always make her a great champion.

FABULOUS POST!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

bandabou
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
clinches it..ye no.1 and player of the year imo for Juju.

Hingiswinsthis
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Justine has $4,514,901 for the season after her win today....is this the richest season for a woman tennis player? What was Clijsters' 2003 earnings?

*JR*
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM
clinches it..ye no.1 and player of the year imo for Juju.
Hey Bandy. :wavey: As I said B4 the trolls hijacked this thread, I luv JHH but am sure she'd trade #1 and the YEC title for the 2 Slam finals that she lost.

anlavalle
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:01 PM
:rolleyes: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
well at least sharpie didn`t won

Ceze
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Justine has $4,514,901 for the season after her win today....is this the richest season for a woman tennis player? What was Clijsters' 2003 earnings?Kim was the 1st woman to gain more than 4 millions in a season, with $4,466,345 in 2003 ;)

anlavalle
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:11 PM
the only surprise is sharapova winning a slam with that dodgy forehand:lol: , mauresmo has more talent in her baby finger than masha has. juju wasnt long sorting her out and if mauresmo got her hands on her she would of sorted her out too. dont get me started on davenport.

talking about davenport, she finished number 1 in 2004 and 2005 but without any slam and losing to the ws who barely played in 2005, what a joke :tape:

The Daviator
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:47 PM
talking about davenport, she finished number 1 in 2004 and 2005 but without any slam and losing to the ws who barely played in 2005, what a joke :tape:

Yes, what a joke...

Australian Open 2005 - S. Williams def. A. Mauresmo 6-2 6-2 :)

Anyway, many congrats to Justine :clap2: I was hoping she'd claim both the rank and the YEC, just Wimbledon to go now :yeah:

gladysharon
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:42 PM

:bounce: :wavey: :worship:

gladysharon
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:45 PM

I think Maria proved herself to be a deserved Number 2 this season. She somehow fared better than Amelie throughout the whole tennis season.

MinnyGophers
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I think Maria proved herself to be a deserved Number 2 this season. She somehow fared better than Amelie throughout the whole tennis season.

Yes she is obviously deserving. But more deserving than Amelie? Only if consistency is the main factor, which it is.

RJWCapriati
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:04 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

WF4EVER
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I only just watched the match but it was one of the best I've seen in a while. The shot-making was excellent from both but Justine was just too damn good when it counted.

As for those who were complaining about Momo being tired, yada yada, there was no evidence of it IMO. Justine's 'aggressivity' (Tracy Austin say Justine invented this one, lol) was absolutely amazing. She played a beautiful match despite losing her serve several times and making quite a bit of errors. That, of course, being totally credited to her opponent playing really well as well.

Truly an enjoyable match. It must help her confidence knowing that she was able to beat Momo convincingly even though she was playing well. All in all, a good match to end the year, and a really good close for Justine whose consistency throughout the year resulted in the No. 1 ranking position at the end of it all. Truly deserving.

BTW, some of her "Allez!" were really the loudest I ever heard her. They were great. She didn't back down from her opponent today at all. I loved it.

treufreund
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Kim was the 1st woman to gain more than 4 millions in a season, with $4,466,345 in 2003 ;)

Poor kim, Justine always comes along and outdoes you. :devil::o:p:)

treufreund
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:44 AM
HMMMM well yes CONSISTENCY is rewarded. DUH!!! winning more and losing less is what consistency is!!! generally speaking, that person should be rewarded. Justine went several rounds further at RG and only 1 round shorter at wimbledon and australia. she went 1 round further than MOMO at US open. She went one round further at the yec. She won 4 other titles to Mauresmo's one other title. So, why are we having to defend or explain a clearly better year.

STOP ACTING LIKE CONSISTENCY IS A DIRTY WORD! CONSISTENT MEANS WINNING A LOT AND LOSING VERY FEW MATCHES!

MinnyGophers
Nov 13th, 2006, 01:50 AM
HMMMM well yes CONSISTENCY is rewarded. DUH!!! winning more and losing less is what consistency is!!! generally speaking, that person should be rewarded. Justine went several rounds further at RG and only 1 round shorter at wimbledon and australia. she went 1 round further than MOMO at US open. She went one round further at the yec. She won 4 other titles to Mauresmo's one other title. So, why are we having to defend or explain a clearly better year.

STOP ACTING LIKE CONSISTENCY IS A DIRTY WORD! CONSISTENT MEANS WINNING A LOT AND LOSING VERY FEW MATCHES!

So then, why all the flack about Davenport and Mauresmo being number one when they haven't won a slam but pretty much dominated the tour in 04-05?

Besides, before giving yourself a coronary, read my post. I clearly said that the Justine vs Amelie for number one debate has been put to rest now that Justine won the YEC. I was talking about Maria being ranked higher than Amelie.

Edited to add:
Mauresmo won two titles outside of slams. Not one. Kind of off topic but thought I'd correct you.

cheo23
Nov 13th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Thats my QUEEN JUSTINE!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yeah: :bigclap:

CONGRATULATIONS MRS. YEAR END CHAMPION/ WTA TOUR CHAMPION: QUEEN JUSTINE!!!!! :worship: :bowdown:

CONGRATULATIONS MRS. NEW #1 QUEEN JUSTINE!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :woohoo: :yeah:

WOW! U actually WON a FINAL :lol:

its about TIME u DEFEATED MAURESMO & GOT u're REVENGE

I didn't want u to lose to her 3 TIMES in a ROW...this is STARTING to become a GREAT RIVALRY!!!!!!

QUEEN JUSTINE u served well, u're volleys were much better, U're BACKHAND & FOREHAND winners were INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! :hearts:

:lol: @ her LOUD "ALLEZ"...she wanted TO WIN THIS MATCH SO BAD!!!!!!

Mauresmo, even though I don't really like the way u've DEFEATED Queen Justine in 2 GRAND SLAMS....I enjoyed u're BEAUTIFUL play this whole week & u deserved everything u accomplished this WHOLE YEAR...Congratulations on a EXCELLENT YEAR!!!!!!!

Madrid, U ARE DEFINETLY WAY WAY WAYYYY BETTER THAN SUCKY LA!!!!!!!

THE YEAR END CHAMPIONSHIPS GOTS TO STAY IN MADRID!!!!!!!

Dunlop1
Nov 13th, 2006, 02:24 AM
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just loved how she played at 5-3 in the second set. It was like she was telling Amelie "heck no I'm breaking RIGHT NOW!"
That is how to play aggressive tennis.
Well done Justine. I knew you could beat Amelie.
You are the true numero uno!!!

Look at how she closed out the first set. At love. Sheer confidence. On the other hand Momo double faulted down matchpoint :tape:

ALLEZ JUJU!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Coffee&TV
Nov 13th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Congrats Juju!! :worship:

treufreund
Nov 13th, 2006, 02:38 AM
So then, why all the flack about Davenport and Mauresmo being number one when they haven't won a slam but pretty much dominated the tour in 04-05?

Besides, before giving yourself a coronary, read my post. I clearly said that the Justine vs Amelie for number one debate has been put to rest now that Justine won the YEC. I was talking about Maria being ranked higher than Amelie.

Edited to add:
Mauresmo won two titles outside of slams. Not one. Kind of off topic but thought I'd correct you.

I have no problem with Lindsay or Momo being #1 without a slam.

MinnyGophers
Nov 13th, 2006, 02:43 AM
I have no problem with Lindsay or Momo being #1 without a slam.

I know. It was just a general feeling over these boards a few years ago.

cheo23
Nov 13th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Finally, Henin-Hardenne beats Mauresmo and wins WTA Championships

By PAUL LOGOTHETIS, Associated Press Writer
November 12, 2006

AP - Nov 12, 1:44 pm EST
More Photos

MADRID, Spain (AP) -- Justine Henin-Hardenne finally figured out how to beat Amelie Mauresmo this year with a title on the line.

Henin-Hardenne, who will finish the year ranked No. 1, captured her first WTA Championships title Sunday, winning 6-4, 6-3 as Mauresmo double-faulted on match point.

And, in Henin-Hardenne's mind, this stands with any victory in a major.

"I proved some things to myself at the end of the season and I'm No. 1, so today is as good as winning a Grand Slam," the Belgian said. "It was a tough challenge for me. I didn't really know what to expect when I got here."

What she got Sunday was a familiar opponent. Mauresmo won the Australian Open and Wimbledon by defeating Henin-Hardenne in the final. The Frenchwoman also rallied to beat Henin-Hardenne in Friday's final group game.

"Today I decided to put a lot of pressure on her, and I think I just played amazing tennis in the last three games of the second set," Henin-Hardenne said.

She missed nearly two months while recovering from a muscle tear in her right knee.

"You know how hard it was in the last few weeks and I didn't expect to win it," she said. "I played very aggressive and I really wanted this victory so I came out only to win it. I put a lot of pressure on every point." :worship: :yeah:

Henin-Hardenne is the first player since Steffi Graf in 1993 to reach all four Grand Slams finals and the WTA Championships final in the same year, and only the fifth ever.

The Belgian won the French Open but lost to Maria Sharapova in the U.S. Open final. She earned $1 million for Sunday's victory and Mauresmo $500,000.

"I didn't raise my game and take advantage of my opportunities when I needed to," Mauresmo said. "She seized the opportunities, and came to the net, and I couldn't produce the points like I did yesterday to come from behind and win it."

Henin-Hardenne, assured her No. 1 ranking a day earlier, was almost forced to miss the championships for the third straight year because of injury.

"I came here with a lot of questions in my mind and I didn't know if I would be able to fulfill what was necessary to win, winning five matches in six days," she added. "I'm just so happy right now, I can't explain it." :bowdown: :woohoo: :yeah:

Henin-Hardenne had 16 break points, including nine double-break chances in 10 of Mauresmo's service games. After Mauresmo broke to tie it 3-3 in the second set, the Belgian played almost flawless tennis, breaking twice over the final three games.

"I was more tired on Friday, so today I came in with more determination, tension, and even nervousness," Henin-Hardenne said. "But from 3-2 up in second, I played the best tennis of my week. I came here without ideal preparation, so I thought coming to the net would be the best way of scoring points today."

Henin-Hardenne opened with serve-and-volley play that produced three net points. She then mixed aggressive net play with baseline rallies. Unforced errors followed, but Mauresmo was on the defensive.

"I think it's tough everyday to produce the kind of tennis I played yesterday," Mauresmo said, referring to her three-set victory over two-time champion Kim Clijsters in the semifinals.

Mauresmo was unhappy with her serve, her forehand and her response to Henin-Hardenne's forays to the net.

"No excuses," Mauresmo said. "She just basically played better than me today." :worship:

Henin-Hardenne earned the top ranking by reaching the final, and Sharapova will be No. 2 when the new rankings are released Monday. Mauresmo will finish No. 3.

"I think slowly, with a little relaxation and in the next few days, I'll look back on a great season," Mauresmo said. "You can't always win the big titles, but it gives some perspective going into 2007." :bigclap:

Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur won the doubles title again, beating Cara Black and Rennae Stubbs 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 in a repeat of the last year's final.

Junex
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:32 AM

in 2005, Amelie becomes #1 without a Slam.....:p :tape:

galadriel
Nov 13th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Momo :sad: