PDA

View Full Version : Some new quotes from Venus

supergrunt
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Venus Williams aiming for Australian Open return
MADRID, Spain (AP) -Five-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams hopes to return from a left wrist injury in time for the Australian Open.

``The wrist is OK, and even if it wasn't or is (100 percent), the year is over and it's all about training for next year,'' Williams said Saturday at the WTA Championships. ``I think January and Melbourne is a good date (to return).''

Williams is scheduled to compete at the Hopman Cup tournament in Perth, Australia, running from Dec. 30 to Jan. 7.

``I can't wait to get back on tour. I really miss my job,'' Williams said. ``It's my aspiration to be out there hitting balls really, really hard and playing those tough points I really enjoy.''

Williams has played only once since a third-round loss at Wimbledon.

``I can't just be there - I have to win,'' she said. ``I feel like even on my worst day it's going to be really tough to beat me still. So I think if I can have some good days - and I think I will - things could be very promising for me.''

tennis.com

tennis ace
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Venus Williams aiming for Australian Open return
MADRID, Spain (AP) -Five-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams hopes to return from a left wrist injury in time for the Australian Open.

``The wrist is OK, and even if it wasn't or is (100 percent), the year is over and it's all about training for next year,'' Williams said Saturday at the WTA Championships. ``I think January and Melbourne is a good date (to return).''

Williams is scheduled to compete at the Hopman Cup tournament in Perth, Australia, running from Dec. 30 to Jan. 7.

``I can't wait to get back on tour. I really miss my job,'' Williams said. ``It's my aspiration to be out there hitting balls really, really hard and playing those tough points I really enjoy.''

Williams has played only once since a third-round loss at Wimbledon.

``I can't just be there - I have to win,'' she said. ``I feel like even on my worst day it's going to be really tough to beat me still. So I think if I can have some good days - and I think I will - things could be very promising for me.''

tennis.com

She sounds really positive and confident which is very nice:)

.Andrew.
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Yay! Can't wait to see Venus back on tour :bounce:

Viktymise
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Cant wait for 07, 06 was a bit flat