PDA

View Full Version : Serena's New Racquet

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:31 AM
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/8461/72509469pd1.jpg

I see she's playing with a new racquet....what is it?

tennisjunky
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:47 AM
if different how many does that make? just wondering how many different raquets she has went through since she's been pro?

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:54 AM
1995 -1999 Non-descript Wilson
1999-2000 Wilson 6. something or other
2000-2002 Wilson Hyper Carbon 6 something
2002-2003 Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.2
2003-2004 Wilson H6
2005-2006 Wilson N3
2006-2006 Wilson W3 Gyspy Rose
2006- ?

8...that's not that bad for over 10 years on tour.

Привет
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:34 AM
It looks like a custom racquet, but then again maybe she isn't using her match racquets in Senegal, maybe they provided a racquet for her. It's not as if she would need to pack a bag of racquets for a humanitarian trip.

Paul.
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:37 AM
the probably just provided it :)

does anyone else think she will have signed a contract saying she has to use her current racquet for a certain amount of time? because one of its huge selling points is that "SERENA WILLIAMS USES THIS RACQUET"! :lol:

if she stopped using it then surely people would realise its a glorified frying pan and stop buying it :shrug:

Craigy
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
That's just a spare one she's been given by the people there. She was going to help out the kids etc, so she wouldn't really bring her own rackets. If she was using a new racket it would still be an nCode.

martina83
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:48 PM
:rolleyes: no thats not just a spare racquet. If it is just some ordinary wilson racquet then tell me what its called...thats right there is no name for it because it doesnt exist! Wilson has created a custom racquet for her, she told them exactly how she wanted it and they made it for her. Thats why it is painted all black but still has a wilson stencil on the strings. trust me I have been sponsored by wilson for like five years!:)

aNYthing
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:18 PM
To me it looks like just an ordinary racquet, like the one's you can get in Wal-Mart and are pre strung.

40-0
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:30 PM
yeah like she went to africa to visit, shes just playing with the first thing she got there lol

Craigy
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM
yeah like she went to africa to visit, shes just playing with the first thing she got there lol

Exactly.

Viktymise
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:07 PM
She looks much fitter now :eek: a bit like Aus 05 fitness i think

martina83
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:25 PM
if she just got it there then what is the name of the wilson racquet??:rolleyes: thats right there isnt a name because it doesnt exist yet, it is made especially for her! man i cant wait till i see her dec. 7th so we will have this issue cleared:)

tae04
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:50 PM
well didn't she say she was changing to a smaller frame racquet a few months ago anyway.

i wouldn't be surprised she brought her own racquets to africa knowing she was going to be teaching. remember when V&S dashed out to grab their OWN wilson racquets instead of using the racquets giving to them when doing a commercial on one of their reality show episodes.

Craigy
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:56 PM
well didn't she say she was changing to a smaller frame racquet a few months ago anyway.

i wouldn't be surprised she brought her own racquets to africa knowing she was going to be teaching. remember when V&S dashed out to grab their OWN wilson racquets instead of using the racquets giving to them when doing a commercial on one of their reality show episodes.

Venus had her rackets. Serena didn't.
That racket looks like something from 2001 :unsure:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I don't think that's her new racquet, all of Wilson's late model racquets look nothing like that.

Craigy
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Also, Serena has helped out with tennis clinics in USA and once she used the Davenport/Justine racket, so you can't just assume she switching rackets.

martina83
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:05 PM
:confused: if one of yall can tell me what current racquet wilson model that is than i will shut up about this racquet situation! its not JUST some ordinary random wilson racquet that they found laying somewhere on the side of the road that they decided to give her to teach the kids clinic!! For the last time that is a SPECIAL CUSTOM MADE racquet personally made by wilson for her to test over the holidays with. they probably made 2 or 3 different racquets just for her to try over the holidays. ALL RACQUET COMPANIES DO THIS!! Sharapova went through this situation at the end of last year trying out custom made racquets made specifically for her liking. WHen she finally decides on what racquet she likes best THEN Wilson will paint it to look like a NCode racquet!! This is what all top professionals do, hardly anyone plays with a racquet right off the shelf!! Okay I'll get off my soap box for now:)

K-Dog
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I agree with martina83 on this. Racquet companies give to their professionals black painted racquets to play with that are not out on the market, but rather test models. I think that Serena's game will only improve if she switches to a smaller frame. Smaller frames not only only more control and feel, but force Serena to hit the ball with proper technique. I can't tell you how much I struggled when I changed from a 107 inch frame to a 100 inch frame. I got away with so many bad swings with the oversized frame. Serena does too if you watch her matches with her 113 inch current frame. Serena and Venus both could downsize their racquets and I'm glad that Serena will be.

Craigy
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah but come on, this racket looks like a racket from 2001, why would she wanna play with it. And you can' just "paint" it to look like an nCode. A 2001 doesn't have to nCode technology...

K-Dog
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Yeah but come on, this racket looks like a racket from 2001, why would she wanna play with it. And you can' just "paint" it to look like an nCode. A 2001 doesn't have to nCode technology...

This N-Code technology isn't like God's gift to racquets. Serena is good enough to play with a 2001 racquet and still win easily against most opponents.

Paul.
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM

maybe its some kind of new brand :)

Craigy
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:58 PM
This N-Code technology isn't like God's gift to racquets. Serena is good enough to play with a 2001 racquet and still win easily against most opponents.

Well I hope you're right, but I can't see that being her new racket :shrug:

Craigy
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM
maybe its some kind of new brand :)

Looks old to me :p

Mightymirza
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Well finally not a jumbo sized racket!! Cant wait to see her playing racket with more control :bounce:

aNYthing
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM

I see what you're saying. I am assuming that if Serena were to use a new racquet, it would be using the new Ncode technology. It just wouldn't make sense for Wilson to give her a racquet using old technology. Now assuming that's true, the racquet she is using in the picture definitely is not using Ncode technology.

In my opinion, it doesn't look like a newer racquet. It looks like one that was made a couple of years ago. I also think that it would be impossible to find a name, because there are so many wilson racquets that have been created and are sold in places like wal-mart, or other sporting goods stores that are just recreational racquet. Therefore Wilson does not promote the racquets.

Viktymise
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:21 PM
What actually is the ncode technology :scratch:

supergrunt
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM
It looks like a cheap Walmart racquet or something. :lol: I don't think that it is her new one with a paint job.

Sinnet
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Wow, debates over a racquet, this is amazing. LOL.

Anyway, it does indeed look like an older racquet, but that's not say that Wilson isn't coming out with a new line that doesn't look like the nCodes, but has different or similar technology. I've never seen that racquet before, but it could be just a cheap one. We'll find out in what, a little under two months? :dunno:

Just wanted to add something: I hope she DOES stray away from the W-Line type racquets, as well as any of the Wilson nCodes with the huge racquet face. She hits the balls long too often with that huge racquet face; she has the ability to generate her own pace, she doesn't need a frying pan of a racquet to do it for her. Maybe Nick of all people suggested this? I hope she goes with a smaller face and a heavier frame, like she had between 99-04.

Sinnet
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:17 PM
She looks much fitter now :eek: a bit like Aus 05 fitness i think

I dunno- her stomach looks a little big still. Get on those crunches/situps, Serena, and you'll be good. Hope to see you look even MORE fit in Hobart/Australia.

martina83
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:50 PM
craig you can just paint a racquet to look like any kind of racquet you want! Do you actually think that Davenport uses a the 5.2 NCode and Henin uses the 5.2 Ncode?? They don't, they both have used the same racquet for years now and wilson just paints them to look like whatever new racquet technology comes out?? I hope you havent bought into this new racquet technology because they are all just hype and crap. If Ncode was so great then why dont federer, henin, davenport and many other wilson players use them?? Serena has used the same racquet from 1999-2004 but with different paint jobs!! I should know b/c I have strung her racquet when she came to the FCC. People just believe me on this one, when i see her and talk to her on dec 7th I will specifically ask her about this since it is such a hot topic on the board:lol:

Craigy
Dec 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
So who has a new racket? :lol:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2006/1201/20061201_121839_sp01tennis_300.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/5746/4279384xy9.th.jpg (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4279384xy9.jpg)

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 1st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Oh A Older looking racket

volta
Dec 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
So who has a new racket? :lol:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2006/1201/20061201_121839_sp01tennis_300.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/5746/4279384xy9.th.jpg (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4279384xy9.jpg)

Rena :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: looking amazing :hearts: :drool: :lick:

martina83
Dec 1st, 2006, 05:03 PM
Serena will not be playing with a new racquet in december if she were to get a new frame. If she is switching to a new racquet she will be playing with it the beginning of 2007. Since she has only been playing with that pink one for so little time wilson probably told her that she needed to finish the year out with it so that they wont lose any money.:)

LH2HBH
Dec 1st, 2006, 05:32 PM
She probably just picked up on of the racquets they brought along for the kids to play with.

Mina Vagante
Dec 1st, 2006, 05:36 PM
She probably just picked up on of the racquets they brought along for the kids to play with.

its the same one she used since her return at cincinati

Mina Vagante
Dec 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM
yeh yeh she was just using that 1 in africa

ChampLindsay
Dec 1st, 2006, 05:38 PM
Rena :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: looking amazing :hearts: :drool: :lick:

yeahhhhhhhhhh

beautiful pics of Rena:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: nice óutfit........

and she hasn't a new raquet it's the same as this summer......

she played already LA US Open etc with this............sure:)

Sinnet
Dec 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Okay, its settled, the one in Africa was just one she picked up. No new racquet, atleast not until 07.

And I suppose my hopes of seeing her extra fit the next time I saw photographs of her are a little crusehd; she looks to be in the same shape as she was at the Open. Is she not conditioning enough?

The Dawntreader
Dec 1st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Love Serena's new outfit:D

Prefered her 2005 racquet though, personally:)

Viktymise
Dec 1st, 2006, 07:05 PM
Maybe shes just sticking with that one for the Exo and switching to a new one in 07 :shrug:

urock34
Dec 2nd, 2006, 03:45 AM
no it was a new 1 cuz wen i was in denver she warmed up with that same old black 1 i promise i sent the pics and hopefully supergrunt will post them soon however she switched because she was having issues with the altitude and went bak 2 the gypsy thingy

Lulu.
Dec 2nd, 2006, 03:53 AM
Maybe shes just sticking with that one for the Exo and switching to a new one in 07 :shrug:

Hopefully.

darrinbaker00
Dec 2nd, 2006, 03:58 AM
Tennis players on all levels, but especially touring professionals, are very particular about their racquets. For instance, James Blake signed a deal with Prince in January 2006, but he's still using his old Dunlop sticks (painted black and with the Prince logo). If Serena's going to switch sticks, she's going to playtest it for a lot longer than six weeks.

Ben.
Dec 2nd, 2006, 05:06 AM
I think she will still stick with wilson 4 some time.

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 2nd, 2006, 05:17 AM
no it was a new 1 cuz wen i was in denver she warmed up with that same old black 1 i promise i sent the pics and hopefully supergrunt will post them soon however she switched because she was having issues with the altitude and went bak 2 the gypsy thingy

good, because I did some research and it looks like Wilson's new stick for the UK, called the nPower

http://www.tennisnuts.com/ishop/images/677/TRACW-NPOWER.jpg

I hope this is it

southpaw58
Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:32 PM
good, because I did some research and it looks like Wilson's new stick for the UK, called the nPower

I hope this is it

ooo that one looks so nice, it's making me drool. I've been on the search for a new racquet for an upgrade from my H6, and I've been back and forth with the N6.2. Could would gimme some info on the npower? it looks amazing:drool: :drool: :drool: :eek: :lick:

urock34
Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:47 PM
omg that is awesome!!!!!!!!!! i cant w8 till it gets here to the states i will get it in a heartbeat how much is it in usd?

southpaw58
Dec 3rd, 2006, 04:27 AM
omg that is awesome!!!!!!!!!! i cant w8 till it gets here to the states i will get it in a heartbeat how much is it in usd?

i was looking on the website which the pic is from and it's 55 pounds or around there. Def not as much as i guess you could say a "top racquet". Coz the NTour, N4 some of the other ones were like 90-135 pounds. I think 55 is around 90 USD. Similar to the price of the NFury. I dunno, usually a new racquet used my a pro is in the 180's USD. Idk, looks pretty sweet tho!

urock34
Dec 3rd, 2006, 04:34 AM
but do u think if serena uses it then the prices will skyrocket? so if i want it then i should get it now right? do you know how much shipping is to colorado?

thomas.chung
Dec 3rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Somehow, I still think she might be using the n5 power with her new gypsm rose print painted on it. Since the two racquets are a similar shape, but n5 has a much more control oriented set-up (smaller headsize, etc). In terms of marketing, they could have just said serena is still using the w-line gypsm rose, but just a smaller head size similar to t the n4 101 and the n4 111. Just marketing wise, it is less of a pain in the ass for wilson.

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 3rd, 2006, 09:33 AM
that might be smart...whatever she does, I just hope she starts winning majors again

southpaw58
Dec 3rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Dammnit all this Paint Jobs! haha. I was reading some posts on tennis-warehouse.com's msg boards, and I found out serena's supposed H6 was a Hammer 6.4 with a paint job. Idk, so confusing! hahah. I guess all this racquet stuff is always going to be complicated, the ones they sell will never be the same as the pros (well most of the time). I really think tho, that Venus' N4 was an N4 (obviously with her own customization). O well, I just want to see her playing well. that's it.

urock34
Dec 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
Dammnit all this Paint Jobs! haha. I was reading some posts on tennis-warehouse.com's msg boards, and I found out serena's supposed H6 was a Hammer 6.4 with a paint job. Idk, so confusing! hahah. I guess all this racquet stuff is always going to be complicated, the ones they sell will never be the same as the pros (well most of the time). I really think tho, that Venus' N4 was an N4 (obviously with her own customization). O well, I just want to see her playing well. that's it.

Ya but i bet her divine iris is the n4 with the paint job

urock34
Dec 3rd, 2006, 04:24 PM

could u give me a link to the message boards i cant find them on the site and i wanna see what other racquets are poser racquets lol thanks in advance

southpaw58
Dec 3rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
could u give me a link to the message boards i cant find them on the site and i wanna see what other racquets are poser racquets lol thanks in advance

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=106884

Regards both their racquets^

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=30440&highlight=venus+racquet

Vee's racquet^

Have fun trying to understand this all. I spent about 40 mins, trying to read with all these weird terms like PJ ( haha which i figured out meant Paint Job haha). Yea, it's pretty informative.

urock34
Dec 3rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=106884

Regards both their racquets^

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=30440&highlight=venus+racquet

Vee's racquet^

Have fun trying to understand this all. I spent about 40 mins, trying to read with all these weird terms like PJ ( haha which i figured out meant Paint Job haha). Yea, it's pretty informative.

lol thanks its very confusing why cant they just say venus and serena use this racquet with this paintjob and make our lives easier

urock34
Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:17 PM

I hope this is it

do u think it will ever come to the united states?

urock34
Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
i went back and read the tennis magazina article and she said she played with her hitting partner's racquet and she liked it so she might switch so it should be a racquet already in the market or she liked it but wanted a couple of changes so they designed a new 1 and ive done my research as well and it looks kinda like this older model http://www.tennisnuts.com/ishop/677/shopscr3374.html

-GenEz.Williams
Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
guys..you are really serious about serena´s new racquet...its like you are figuring out a secret
i hope it will be smaller...

urock34
Dec 3rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
:lol: guys..you are really serious about serena´s new racquet...its like you are figuring out a secret
i hope it will be smaller...
i know right lol cant wait till we see what it really is though itd be funny if she shows up in australia with the same one lol