PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova chases and catches thief

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:10 AM
From www.mariasharapova.com

NEXT STOP: VACATION!

11/12/2006 1:50:00 AM

I officially feel like a deflated balloon. On one hand, it was nice flying in the sky for a while, on the other, I couldn't be more happier to vanish. I guess losing is never fun, but the best thing about it, in today's case, is that I get a whole extra 24 hours of rest! Vacation is currently music to my ears. I'm heading home for a couple of days, then off to a deserted island, which I will tell you about when I get back. As a precautionary, I am also going to take an MRI on my foot when I get back, just to see if everything is ok.

I realized that I had officially lost my mind when I started going on the resort's website and looking at the restaurants menu! And when you start waking up to the song 'Genie in a bottle', you realize that you have had enough. But with that said, I had a very good time in Madrid, but I am convinced that they sneak in a couple extra hours to a day. It seems like I have been here forever! People have been superior nice, and the fans have been incredible! It seemed like more people recognized me here than in any other country in Europe.

Quote of the week goes to moi, well actually it's more of a comeback line. Mike say's 'girls are like subways, they come and go every 5 minutes'....to which I say 'boys are like a parking lot.....they're either taken or handicapped'

Here's my take on trying to be nice, and coming across as a native. If you say the word 'gracias' (thank you) like a foreigner, which sounds like 'graSias', you look like a fool. If you say it like a native which sounds like 'graTHias', the people think wow the foreigner really knows our language. So they start speaking to you in Spanish, and you say 'No hablo espanol'( I don't speak Spanish), which makes you look like a bigger fool. So I'm giving up on trying to make an effort, simply because it's a no-win situation.

I was sitting at Starbucks, enjoying my Chai Latte, when I saw three, ten-year old kids come into the store with a newspaper in their hand. One of the kids comes up to me, puts the newspaper on top of my phone, which was laying on the table, grabs my phone with his other hand, and starts sprinting out of the store. Let me tell you, I have never ran so fast in my life. I caught the kid, and with the help of a Starbucks worker, I got my phone back. My poor phone felt violated, but little did the kid know that he was messing with the wrong person....I'm no professional but they do call me Sherlock Holmes. Whatever happened to a nice, peaceful cup of coffee?

Last, but not least, I cannot thank you enough for your amazing support this year. You guys make me realize how important it is to have such great fans. It's been so fun, and I look forward to working hard for another successful year!

Toodles!

NyCPsU
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:14 AM
:eek:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:15 AM
how funny is dat :lol:

DutchieGirl
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:24 AM
:haha:

Sally Struthers
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:26 AM
:spit:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:29 AM
That kid wanted all the other players' phone numbers. :devil:

you mean Kirilenko :p

nice running Masha ;)
wonder if anyone caught the moment on you tube :rolls:

tennisrox
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:30 AM
:lol:

Porcupine
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:36 AM
wonder if anyone caught the moment on you tube :rolls:

It will be rated 5*:lol:

rockstar
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:37 AM
i agree, i hope it's on youtube!

maybe motorola should make an ad about it!

MistyGrey
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Maria is a good blogger!

s_j
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Maria's so great. Her on-court persona doesn't do her any justice. I could read her blogs all day. She has so much charisma - and now she's a crime figher! It's Sherlock Sharapova!

Princeza
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:39 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: "to which I say 'boys are like a parking lot.....they're either taken or handicapped'"

i love her

selecta
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:48 AM
going on a desert island masha....

gmak
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:50 AM
masha :lol: :lol: :hug:

.david.
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:50 AM
:lol: :haha: :bowdown: :hearts:

I love her blogs. Shes so funny. aww Maria enjoy your Vacation:wavey:

Andy.
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Masha has the best blogs there so natural and funny.

faboozadoo15
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:07 AM
she's such a natrurally good blogger. it's quite surprising actually. it's almost adorable that there are little typos and spelling/usage errors every once in a while as any of our posts on our own blogs would have.

jazar
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:09 AM
thats a great story. things like that should happen more often.

dania
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Who`s Mike?

Meesh
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:42 AM
:lol:Maria is a good blogger!

Yes! This is the first one I've read. Very entertaining.... glad she got her phone back.

Meesh
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Who`s Mike?

Probably Mike Joyce her hitting partner

bellascarlett
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:17 PM
:eek: :haha: :rolls:

Masha...good job catching the kid! I can just imagine her running so fast. :lol:

Yeah Maria is the best blogger out there (compared to the ones on the official site...:yawn: :lol:...)...She's always had a great sense of humor though and that star quality/x-factor comes across as well in her writing. This is the side of her her haters don't get to see and know. Too bad.

Maria is more than the tennis player you see out there on the court and you hear about from her opponents. Some unfortunately form their biases based on only that.

moby
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Her blogs are great.

You almost forget that she's a two-time Slam champion, and a multi-millionaire to boot.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM
i might hate her, but that was really good. seriously, she's much better in blogs than in person.

xan
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
That cheered me up a bit, after mourning Masha's loss.

All that speed training has proved its worth again! I'd have probably just stood there shouting "Come back with my phone!" which might not have been so effective.

Reuchlin
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
That was so Piercechang!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
haha, serves that little kid right. She should have hit him too. I hate little kids that go around stealing. Good on Maria.

bellascarlett
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:07 PM
All that speed training has proved its worth again! I'd have probably just stood there shouting "Come back with my phone!" which might not have been so effective.

:lol: I know...me too.

And when youre a 6'2" athlete, there's something intimidating in that as well. Poor kid didn't really know whom he was going up against.

Si_Hi
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:13 PM
what? she caught a thief?.....funny!...
:tape:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Omg :lol:

Sugar_Kane
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I know that kid was stealing but I can't help but feel sorry for him, he probably didn't realise what he was getting himself into, I would have loved to see his face when he realised he was being chased by a 6 ft 2 athlete in full flight :haha:

I take it now he'll think twice before pickin his victims.

*JR*
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM
The idiots needed to create a distraction instead, like one of them pretending to faint while another took off with the phone B4 she realized it was gone. (Its hard to find Competent Criminals like Hoffy these days). :o

Sally Struthers
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I hope she filed charges against them :o

Lefty.
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:06 PM

UDACHi
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Here's my take on trying to be nice, and coming across as a native. If you say the word 'gracias' (thank you) like a foreigner, which sounds like 'graSias', you look like a fool. If you say it like a native which sounds like 'graTHias', the people think wow the foreigner really knows our language. So they start speaking to you in Spanish, and you say 'No hablo espanol'( I don't speak Spanish), which makes you look like a bigger fool. So I'm giving up on trying to make an effort, simply because it's a no-win situation.

:spit:

kosmikgroove
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM
trying to outsprint a world class tennis player is just outright absurd!

selesfan
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Cute! Sherlock Sharapova.;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Haha...very funny. Well...you can never start running drills to early for next season :lol: :p

DragonFlame
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:21 PM
now the question is: was she wearing high heels or not?:lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:23 PM
now the question is: was she wearing high heels or not?:lol:

Louis Cyphre
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I imagine Maria`s face after catching the kid :lol:Maybe something like noisy grunt followed by "CMOOOOOON" http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/boese/e050.gif

cellophane
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
The idiots needed to create a distraction instead, like one of them pretending to faint while another took off with the phone B4 she realized it was gone. (Its hard to find Competent Criminals like Hoffy these days). :o

Patty has taken all the good ones? :mad:

morningglory
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Geez what is happening these days? :rolls:
I thought 10-year-olds steal candy and maybe sunglasses and watches... but cell phones? :rolls: How the heck do they hope to cash it in without their parents knowing?

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM

OBSESSION.

cellophane
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:42 PM
OBSESSION.

It's *JR*, what did ya think? ;)

Derek.
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:52 PM

That kid is really dumb. :tape:

Her blogs are quite funny indeed. :D

komorli
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:00 PM
:lol: That was a dumb move by the kid. What makes him think that Maria can't catch up to him. :lol: With legs as long as hers she could catch up to anybody! and it also helps that she's a pro athlete. :p

Dumb kid...

swissmisshingis
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:01 PM
hahaha :lol:

I didnt know Maria can be that funny :cool:

P_Fer
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:19 PM
OMG Masha that blog made my day:hug::worship::haha:

perseus2006
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I can see an HBO Special Presentation coming out about June:

The Case Of Sherlock Sharapova And The Violated Cell Phone

Alternate title: The Piglet And The Punk

I wonder who would get Pova's part? I can't think of a 6'2" actress!?!

bellascarlett
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I imagine Maria`s face after catching the kid :lol:Maybe something like noisy grunt followed by "CMOOOOOON" http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/boese/e050.gif

:rolls:

Mightymirza
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:26 PM

the cat
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Well done Masha on catching the cell phone thief. :yeah: But maybe it's time she kept her cell phone in her purse when she's not using it.

Princeza
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Well done Masha on catching the cell phone thief. :yeah: But maybe it's time she kept her cell phone in her purse when she's not using it.

lol no she has to show what is her sponsor

denisgiann
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
i might hate her, but that was really good. seriously, she's much better in blogs than in person.

why?have you met her?:rolleyes:

akosiirwyn
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:38 PM
:lol: at Masha. gotta love the blogs!

WIMBLY2004
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:10 PM
So funny, I love her blog:lol:

*JR*
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:33 PM
The new version of the commercial will say:

And I pity
Any body
Who tries to take my phone
Tonight :D

ys
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM
That must be someone's job, writing her blog.. That must be a job. It is written too well to be written by her on her own.

WIMBLY2004
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:22 PM
That must be someone's job, writing her blog.. That must be a job. It is written too well to be written by her on her own.

If you read her other entries, you would know this is writen by her. There are some quite childish entries before that you can tell obviously from a teenager, and the writing style of those are the same as this one.

LoveFifteen
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Dear Diary,

Today I wrote another dishonest blog entry. I said the best part about losing was an extra 24 hours of rest, but that was a lie. Papa punished me for losing. He made me do push-ups until I fainted, and then I had to run laps until I vomited. Sometimes I wish I could be more honest with my fans, but Papa won't let me. I wish I could rebel against him, but he's always threatening to beat me and show the world my birth certificate if I disobey him. It sucks being 21 but having to pretend you're 19!!! :mad:

I'm so glad that kid didn't get away with my phone. I've got a lot of pics of me and Andy on the phone. Some would fetch a lot of money -- cuz I'm worth it. My kitty = diamonds! :hearts:

Okay, Diary, I need to go now.

Love,

Maria

MinnyGophers
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:31 PM

spoken like you have a lot of experience in that area :haha:

MinnyGophers
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Dear Diary,

Today I wrote another dishonest blog entry. I said the best part about losing was an extra 24 hours of rest, but that was a lie. Papa punished me for losing. He made me do push-ups until I fainted, and then I had to run laps until I vomited. Sometimes I wish I could be more honest with my fans, but Papa won't let me. I wish I could rebel against him, but he's always threatening to beat me and show the world my birth certificate if I disobey him. It sucks being 21 but having to pretend you're 19!!! :mad:

I'm so glad that kid didn't get away with my phone. I've got a lot of pics of me and Andy on the phone. Some would fetch a lot of money -- cuz I'm worth it. My kitty = diamonds! :hearts:

Love,

Maria

McQuest
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:06 AM
I can see an HBO Special Presentation coming out about June:

The Case Of Sherlock Sharapova And The Violated Cell Phone

Alternate title: The Piglet And The Punk

I wonder who would get Pova's part? I can't think of a 6'2" actress!?!
Maybe Hilary Swank in heels? And here she does this only 24 hours after I claim the title "Guardian of the Maria Mafia" - I guess maybe I should turn my wings over to Masha! You gotta love that girl!

partbrit
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Maria cracks me up.

stevos
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Amazing blog, I love her favourite quote :haha:

That really should be a phone commercial.

jacobruiz
Nov 13th, 2006, 12:43 AM

:smash:

I love how Maria can have a great sense of humor at any given time, even after a big tennis loss. And she is such a kid at heart - her blog entries are so funny and readable.

LoveFifteen
Nov 13th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Dear Diary,

Some people actually think my blog is well-written. :help:

Now I understand how Danielle Steele is one of the world's biggest-selling authors. :o

Uuugh, I don't want to go to the deserted island for vacation. Papa is going to keep me stranded there all alone with Nick Boletteri! I know exactly what will happen. He's just going to keep shouting at me, "Hit harder! No, I said hit HARDER!" Then he's gonna get in my face and scream at me for losing to Justine, telling me I was hitting so weakly. Once I asked him if I could practice some drop shots and lobs, and he slapped me across the face and sent me to bed without dinner. :sad:

I wish Andy were here. My diamond needs polishing.

Love,

Maria

Reuchlin
Nov 13th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Dear Diary,

Now I understand how Danielle Steele is one of the world's biggest-selling authors. :o

Uuugh, I don't want to go to the deserted island for vacation. Papa is going to keep me stranded there all alone with Nick Boletteri! I know exactly what will happen. He's just going to keep shouting at me, "Hit harder! No, I said hit HARDER!" Then he's gonna get in my face and scream at me for losing to Justine, telling me I was hitting so weakly. Once I asked him if I could practice some drop shots and lobs, and he slapped me across the face and sent me to bed without dinner. :sad:

Love,

Maria

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Dan23
Nov 13th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Dear Diary,

Love,

Maria

Dear Diary,

Love,

Maria

:yawn: :weirdo:

LoveFifteen
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:18 AM
:yawn: :weirdo:

Your sense of humor is almost as good as your fave's. :angel:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:22 AM
:rolls: I can just imagine Maria Sharapova chasing some punk kid down the street. I'm sure it was quite the scene. I bet that phone has some cool phone numbers in it. :cool:

Ben.
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:23 AM
:lol: :lol: all of this is good stuff. best blog that maria has ever typed :wavey:

Ben.
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:26 AM
that kid probably wanted a memento from the tournament & so he tried 2 steal maria's phone with all her secret numbers of the players :lol: :lol: maria should be part of the CSI with the way she caught him :lol:

Kunal
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:33 AM
funny

Cheyne
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:53 AM
haha great story, I love reading her blogs

cheo23
Nov 13th, 2006, 05:14 PM
From www.mariasharapova.com

NEXT STOP: VACATION!

I was sitting at Starbucks, enjoying my Chai Latte, when I saw three, ten-year old kids come into the store with a newspaper in their hand. One of the kids comes up to me, puts the newspaper on top of my phone, which was laying on the table, grabs my phone with his other hand, and starts sprinting out of the store. Let me tell you, I have never ran so fast in my life. I caught the kid, and with the help of a Starbucks worker, I got my phone back. My poor phone felt violated, but little did the kid know that he was messing with the wrong person....I'm no professional but they do call me Sherlock Holmes. Whatever happened to a nice, peaceful cup of coffee?

!

OH MY GOD!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls: .....taking away someone's CELL PHONE is SO WRONG....CONGRATULATIONS MISS MARIA SHARAPOVA!!!!! :lol:

WE LOVE U!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Nihil
Nov 13th, 2006, 06:46 PM
that girl writes a good blog.
I still don't like her though ;)

wipeout
Nov 14th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Hehe, nice one, Maria. :worship:

I would love to see the kid's expression as this tall, angry blonde out-accelerated him. :devil: :lol:

Someone should tell Maria this whole thing was nothing like Sherlock Holmes, though. ;)

Stamp Paid
Nov 14th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I dont know whos blog is more inane - hers or Serena's. :lol:

zhangxian22
Nov 14th, 2006, 05:01 AM
I bet the kid never knew that Maria's moving is among the best

xan
Nov 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM
:smash:

I love how Maria can have a great sense of humor at any given time, even after a big tennis loss. And she is such a kid at heart - her blog entries are so funny and readable.

Great point.

LoveFifteen
Nov 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Someone should tell Maria this whole thing was nothing like Sherlock Holmes, though. ;)

Yeah, serioulsy!!! When I read "They don't call me Sherlock Holmes for nothing!," all I could think to myself was "Oooh, child, your literary allusion skills are worse than your drop shots!"

Yuri Sharapov
Nov 14th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Dude, I can't believe how jerk you are. You missquoted Maria's words so she'll appear as an arrogant self conceited.
She didn't say "They don't call me Sherlock Holmes for nothing!" , she said
"I'm no professional but they do call me Sherlock Holmes", wich in other words it would be equivalent to "I'm no professional but I do have good eyes". It doesn't mean friends are calling her Sherlock Holmes, for heavens sake.
But I guess her blogs are too hard a reading for some.
You should start reading some books to get familiar with the metaphor concept.

DragonFlame
Nov 14th, 2006, 05:14 PM
omg at ^ username:tape:

Yuri Sharapov
Nov 14th, 2006, 05:18 PM
omg at ^ username:tape:

That's right. Don't mess with me and Maria.

DragonFlame
Nov 14th, 2006, 05:25 PM
That's right. Don't mess with me and Maria.

:ras:

SelesFan70
Nov 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM
That's a weird story, but I'm glad she caught the hoodlum. :)

But a pet peeve of mine is the word "Toodles".... :tape: