PDA

View Full Version : Next year is so promising!!!!!

radwanska
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:43 PM
This seems to be the time we will have an epic 2007.Mauresmo,henin-hardenne and sharapova will be the 3 horse race next season,and if they slip up they will have the likes of Kuznetsova,Clijsters and Hingis also Petrova, maybe even Ivanovic and Vaidisova all digging at their heals right behind them.We may even see a serious Serena next season as she plans to motivate herself for a full injury-free season.And their will be the usual Elena Dementieva consistintily around n.7.n.6 and n.8 in the world for the year.And Jankovic no points till may!And we may see a rapid surge up the ranks from Shaar peer as she is showing lots of talent.Dinara Safina may suprise people.So can you say that we have ever had a more promising year.Its not a case of the dominatrix Steffi Graf wiping the field clean for years without anyone coming near her,but now we have COMPETETION!

©@®eLess
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:52 PM
add Jankovic- top 10 soon...no points till may...+ Inflated ranking points...she'll sky rocket

goldenlox
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:55 PM
The inflated points next year won't help her unless she has strong results.
Same for Anna C

Every year is a race to see who is best.

I think the big story of 2007 will be Kim's retirement.

IceHock
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I know she's my fave, but I really liked the way Daniela was playing at the end, taking a set off of Sharapova in the Zurich final.

KClijsters
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I hope 2007 will be a nice and good tennis year with great matches ! :D

And not so much injuries !!! :p :)

cellophane
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:08 AM
This is said every year, and then after the new season begins... :o

Billy Moonshine
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:30 AM
I think the big story of 2007 will be Kim's retirement.

I disagree. Kim is not a legend. She is a one time slam winner and several times bridesmaid and she will get some fanfare, however only her fans will make it the big story. Now if davenport retires, that will be a real story due to her longevity and fantastic record.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Kim announced it over a year in advance.
That makes every tournament she plays part of her farewell tour.

Kar16d
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:26 AM
What about Venus Williams

spencercarlos
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I disagree. Kim is not a legend. She is a one time slam winner and several times bridesmaid and she will get some fanfare, however only her fans will make it the big story. Now if davenport retires, that will be a real story due to her longevity and fantastic record.
We´ll see because when a "legend" and master of "longevity" (and Tier III/IV) events like Conchita Martinez retired and little people cared, hard to expect a big shock with Kim.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Maybe it won't be a big deal. We'll know by Melbourne.
Kim is well known in Australia.

pooh14
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:36 AM
This is said every year, and then after the new season begins... :o

exactly. i really doubt all top players would be injury free through the year.

clonesheep
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:46 AM
It's certainly a good thing that there's real competetion at the top. For me, though, the more exciting aspect of 2007 is the potential for a few youngsters to breakout. Chakvetadze is on the verge of it already. It would be fun to track the progress of Aga Radwanska, Alona Bondarenko, Vika Azarenka, Olga Pouchkova, Caroline Wozniacki, adn many others. I hope there will be surprises at slams next year.

selyoink
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:10 AM
2007 will be especially interesting for me if Tati's ankles can stay strong and Nastya can make some attempt at becoming a respectable player again.

DutchieGirl
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Already looking forward to next year. :banana:

pooh14
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:18 AM
there are few players who we say may break in into Top10, Ana C, Ana Ivanovic, Jankovic to name few...

But the question is Who will be dropping out of Top 10 for them to take place?

Lets not forget there is Lindsay, Serena and Venus to add if they are healthy...

RND
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:04 AM
And the 89 generation is so promising too with players like Vaidisova,Misa,Vania,Aga,Yung-Jan Chan( ;) )... :inlove: