PDA

View Full Version : Can Mauresmo still be No 2 if she beats Henin?

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I know it's gonna be pretty close for the No 2 position, and that right now Sharapova is No 2. But what if Mauresmo wins this? :confused:

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:42 PM
im not sure, i was wondering about this also

Paul.
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:42 PM
yeah she will be number 2 by something like 30 points

Ceze
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM
^^ not, by only 15 points :p

If Amelie wins tomorrow:
1. Justine 3842
2. Amelie 3547
3. Marie 3532
4. Svetlana 2523
5. Kim 2215

If Justine wins tomorrow:
1. Justine 3998
2. Maria 3532
3. Amelie 3391
4. Svetlana 2523
5. Kim 2215

Leo_DFP
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Mauresmo will be year-end #1 if everyone's hearts, especially if she wins tomorrow. 2 Slams > 1 Slam, and 2 Slams + YEC >>>>> 1 Slam.

Ben.
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:00 PM
well whatever happens, amelie's still had a great season, one of the best in her career.

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Mauresmo will be year-end #1 if everyone's hearts, especially if she wins tomorrow. 2 Slams > 1 Slam, and 2 Slams + YEC >>>>> 1 Slam.

History doesn't record what's in anyone's heart.

Justine had an historic season of tennis. One that assured her spot in the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

3rd French Open Title
Finals of All Grand Slam Events
Fed Cup Finals
YEC Finals
YE #1.
More wins than Mauresmo.
More wins in the majors than her competitors.

IceHock
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:09 PM

Justine had an historic season of tennis. One that assured her spot in the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

3rd French Open Title
Fed Cup Finals
YEC Finals
YE #1.
More wins than Mauresmo.

Amelie had the BIGGER year of the two

#1 basicly all year
Ao champion
Wimbleodn champion
2-0 in slam finals
3-1 against Henin-Hardenne this year
YEC finals
quickest to win 1 million dollars

loppy
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:18 PM

3rd French Open Title
Fed Cup Finals
YEC Finals
YE #1.
More wins than Mauresmo.

:worship:

mapaliey
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:44 PM
momo always number one in my heart........

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:47 PM

3rd French Open Title
Fed Cup Finals
YEC Finals
YE #1.
More wins than Mauresmo.

Hence HENIN ending the year #1 : :worship:

Dasha_
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I want her to win tomorrow..... That would be some year, plus, she would be ranked above Sharapova

Derek.
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:51 PM
It would suck for Amelie to win 2/4 slams and finish the year #3.

Morrissey
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Amelie blew it she was too inconsistent this year. Stop making excuses for Amelie. Amelie had so many changes from New Haven all the way to Moscow to lock up the no.1 ranking and she failed. Simple as that.

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Amelie blew it she was too inconsistent this year. Stop making excuses for Amelie. Amelie had so many changes from New Haven all the way to Moscow to lock up the no.1 ranking and she failed. Simple as that.

:worship: I agree completely, and I'm not even a giant Justine lover!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Allez Momo !!! .

It would be great for the french players, the spaniards always win in Roland Garros .

zhangxian22
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Amelie had an amazing season this year and she's definitely looking for more the coming season
As a tennis fan, I just want more great matches

Justeenium
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Maybe, but Maria has been on a better form in the later part of the year. So it kind of balances out with Momo's performance.

DutchieGirl
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Hope that Amelie will win YEC and at least end up #2. Justine was more consistent.

pooh14
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:45 AM
oh dear, why comparing 2 great players of the year?
both had a fantastic year, much better then any other players in the tour, period.

if possible, both should be tied for #no1 ;)

pistolfred
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:51 AM
if mauresmo wins, she will be n°2 with 14 points behind sharapova, and n°3 if she loses today

faboozadoo15
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:01 AM
venus won 2 majors per year twice and never ended the year as #1, and she was much more impressive than mauresmo. i believe she ended as #3... anyway, henin and sharapova have been so much more consistent and have so many other titles and finals than mauresmo. they deserve their spots. amelie hardly ever plays as well as she did at wimbledon (and the AO was a joke).

tennisbear7
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:19 AM
venus won 2 majors per year twice and never ended the year as #1, and she was much more impressive than mauresmo. i believe she ended as #3... anyway, henin and sharapova have been so much more consistent and have so many other titles and finals than mauresmo. they deserve their spots. amelie hardly ever plays as well as she did at wimbledon (and the AO was a joke).

I'm sure being a breadstick set up and 2-0 was really a joke, especially against someone as incredible as Justine:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rankings really don't matter. Justine got the award for being most consistent (year-end number 1) and Amelie was rewarded for being the best at slams.

And Sharapova's been unbelievably consistent. All have been rewarded in one way or the other.

KingA
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Although Justine beats Maria in the semis, due to the fact that if Amelie wins tomorrow Maria will drop back to No.3!!!!

So, go Justine!!!! ;)

DutchieGirl
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:03 PM

:scratch: Ao wasn't a joke. She still had to play most of her match against Kim, and she played at least a set against Misa, and the final :shrug: Not her fault Justine was sick.

faboozadoo15
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:53 PM
:scratch: Ao wasn't a joke. She still had to play most of her match against Kim, and she played at least a set against Misa, and the final :shrug: Not her fault Justine was sick.

i'm not saying it was her fault. i'm saying it was a joke. i've never seen such an unimpressive way to win a major in all my years of watching tennis.