PDA

View Full Version : What is the most annoying on-court behavior?

Parsley
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Poll

Number19
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Sharapova's shrieks are very annoying.

But everything Mary Pierce does on court is annoying.

None of the others I find annoying.

Beny
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Masha`s putting fingers to hair, getting it behind ears is the most annoying..

smiler
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM
It looks like Mary hasn't played in so long some people have forgotten quite how annoying she really is! :lol: ........, Having said that I hope she will be playing again next season.

JulesVerne
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Maria - my ears made the decision.

Leo_DFP
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Definitely Justine's allez, especially after watching her this tournament. Opponent hits error = ALLEZ!!! If only her sportsmanship matched her skill.

FrenchY52
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Justine and her poor face, her allez

Nicolas
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I like Mary very much, but she is as annoying between the points as she is antertaining when she is on.......
Even her grunt is :help:

sunset
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:47 PM
You forgot one.
Serena's outfits.
That is in the top 2. :lol:

3 time winner voted worse dressed woman in America.

:inlove:
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Everything Nadia does.
Justine's allez's.

FrenchY52
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:50 PM
You forgot one.
Serena's outfits.

Your avatar reminds me he also forgot Jankovic's silly behavior :rolleyes: :tape:

bis2806
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Maria lifting her right leg and fist pumping at the same time is just gross.

Bowser
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:38 PM
allez

Dasha_
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I must say - I am happy to see Sharapova wining this pool....

It means that people over here still have good taste

mirzalover
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:49 PM
You forgot one.
Serena's outfits.

When was serena voted worse dressed woman in america

RR-87
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Allez :fiery: :mad:

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:09 PM
every thing petrova does like hitting herself like a mad person:devil:

jazar
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:28 PM
i hate the way momo jumps to her chair. i don't particularly like her anyway, but that is especially annoying.
obviously loads of people hate the grunting. for some reason i don't mind sharapova grunting, but i hate kuznetsova's grunts and the williams sisters grunts. kuznetsova sounds totally like a man. when i was at wimbledon this year i was at the practice courts and i heard someone grunting really loudly. i thought it was fernando gonzalez but i turned the coner and it was kuznetsova. obviously her grunting goes with her manly hairstyle

sunset
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:45 PM
When was serena voted worse dressed woman in america

Yes, three years in a row.
Most recent being just a month ago.

mirzalover
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Yes, three years in a row.
Most recent being just a month ago.

oh ok i just thought is was for female sport person i didnt know they said in all of america

SpankMe
Nov 11th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I find the noise (grunting, shrieking) during the rallies really annoying and irritating, it makes tennis unwatchable at times. :sad:

Justeenium
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Why's everyone complaining about Maria's grunting? :D It doesn't bother me at all. I think it's somehow sexy and fierce ;)

darrinbaker00
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:13 AM
What is the most annoying on-court behavior? My favorite player (Venus Williams) losing. Next topic, please. ;)

.Andrew.
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:15 AM
I voted for Amelie jumping to her chair. I think she overdoes it sometimes. Btw, how does Nadia copy Amelie? :lol:

Mileen
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Nadia copying Amelie?
You mean Maria copying everything from other players: the elegant waves after the match from Venus; the "come on" from Kim!

Dawn Marie
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Maria's court behavior grates my nerve. I can't stand it when she moves quickly to one side while receiving to try to throw her server off. I can't stand her yelling. I can't stand it when she puts the AIR behind her ears. Yes I said AIR because she doesn't even have hair thru her fingers when she does this. I can't stand it when she slaps her thighs and yells come on. I really can't stand it when she eats her banannas.

Lindsay. Omg when she mopes around after she won 6 straight games I find that annoying.

Mary Pierce's METHODICAL motions are nerve racking. She often takes away my suspense level while I'm watching a match. She takes ENTIRELY too long during points.

Dani, after certain shots she turns her back to her opponent.

Everything Nadia does is annoying as hell. Her expressions and her abuse to her person.

Elena's yells are so squeaky and annoying.

I enjoy Ai's return motion. Her rocking is cute. I like Amelie's new found confidence.

Kirt12255
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:38 AM
I voted for Maria's grunting but it's nowhere near as annoying as Zheng's overuse of fist pumping, I can't watch her play.:rolleyes:

mandynyuna
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Nadia copying Amelie?
You mean Maria copying everything from other players: the elegant waves after the match from Venus; the "come on" from Kim!

Yet you realise nobody wants to copy ANY of her actions? Like putting imaginery hair behind her ears before serving?

Polikarpov
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:47 AM
I actually like Sharapova's shrieks. Am I the only one? Hehe!

What I don't like is Sharapova shouting "vamos!" She doesn't even speak Spanish!:confused: Once I heard her shout come-os; can't decide what to shout I guess. But it's funny though.

Actually don't find the things in the poll annoying. I think it's good that every player brings something unique to the court.

aussie_fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:48 AM
maria shreiking, it's compltely unnecssary and it's annoying that players don't make more of a fuss about it.

selyoink
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Maria's shrieks are by far my least favorite. I don't like how much time Pierce takes on serve. And I don't like Amy Frazier's return of serve motion. Other than those 3 no other oncourt behavior on the women's side bothers me.

UncleZeke
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:27 AM
In reading this post and just looking at the names only, I concluded that Maria and Justine are the two most polarizing players. Hence, most of the Maria haters will select Maria, most of the Justine haters will select Justine, and the girl with the third most votes probably has the most annoying on-court behavior to the average or unbiased fan ..

RJWCapriati
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Amelie jumping to her chair like a big moron

hwanmig
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Mary's habit of fixing her ponytail every other serve. Though I have to say its pale in comparison to Novak Djokovic dribbles.

bumblebee
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:03 AM
hmm...when justine does her "ALLEZ" after her opponent misses a shot...its so not cool...
I am not a juju hater but i think that particular act is very annoying:mad: .

the maria shriek is also annoying, i was watching her a match a few months ago and my father walked across the TV and he stopped, asked me "What the heck is that sound?" i told him, "its Maria Sharapova's shriek..." he looked and turned away w/o even saying anything more... i dont think he is pleased with her grunting.

my father doesnt even bother to watch tennis but he was so annoyed with the shriek that he gave tennis matches a look...:o

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:12 AM
I think it's annoying how Justine CONSTANTLY is looking at her box during a match. Just play b*tch!!! Everything Jankovic does on court is annoying IMO. I'm starting to get annoyed with Momo's jumps and sprints to her chair even after being broken :confused: It was cute at first, now it's old.

Jakeev
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Uh Nadia copying Amelie on court?

wimbledon_class
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:25 AM

DITTO,

what did nadia do?:confused: jumping to chair, hit fabolous backhand or date women? LOL!

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Mary with her 4563245376 minute long breaks between every point.

vertigo
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:03 AM
"ALLEZ!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I love ANYTHING Mary does on court

silverarrows
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:57 AM
No contest. Mairia Sharapova of course. She makes TOO MUCH noise while playing.

Garvic
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I know this is WTA based but I do not think any of the players on the WTA compare with Nadals antics and towelling off after each point/serve/faul etc

silverarrows
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM
^^^ agree. Rafa's antics are really worst. He should be disqualified for too much delay.

Bart
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Kuznetsova

santhuruu
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I'm not really disturbed by any of the factors you've mentioned in the poll to be honest. But there are other things that get me tired off:P, for instance the incredible defense of Mauresmo:p, Jankovic always trying to get the public on her side in a not likely way. Surprisingly I am not anymore disturbed by the double faults of Dementieva. The unforced errors of the Williams sisters:p.

Lunatiq
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Definitely Justine's allez, especially after watching her this tournament. Opponent hits error = ALLEZ!!! If only her sportsmanship matched her skill.

I agree:worship: :worship: :worship:

Lunatiq
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Conclusions:
Justine + Maria = THE MOST UNSPORT BEHAVIOR ON THE COURT.
And Justine will number one...What a shame...

Brαm
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Amélie's routine before serving :mad:
First, she claps her hand against the racquet head
then jumps a few times
and finally she prepares to serve.

Can't she just skip those 2 silly routines and just serve? :fiery:

Selah
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:10 AM
For me it is Maria's constant placement of her hair behind her ears and Mary Peirce's fucking tourettes- like- fidgeting- can't stand either to the point that I sometimes can't enjoy the match. Noises don't really bother me. Constant ball bouncing annoys me as well (can't think who right now).

ioni
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM
justine allez !

flyingmachine
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Maria shrieks is above the reat when it comes to annoying behavour.

Parsley
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:19 PM

Yes. She runs to the chair and even does the momjump after winning a good point.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:26 PM
amelie jumping to the chair and maria's shrieks.

Danči Dementia
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Everything Mary does.
Everything Justine does.

I don't think that Lena screaming after missing apoint should be in here I think is so cute not anoyying

Parsley
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Everything Mary does.
Everything Justine does.

I don't think that Lena screaming after missing apoint should be in here I think is so cute not anoyying

We know you hate Mary.

Gerri
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I hate the shrieking of all the shriekers. Apart from that nothing really annoys me. I love Amelie's running/jumping routine, Mary's faffing about between points, and anyone who hits/screams/swears at themselves. I even love Matina's cocky perma-grin. A lot of male players annoy me though.

this is me
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Most of them get on my nerves today…With all the fist pumping, grunting/ridiculous noise making and general on courts theatrics…Not to mention the never ending bath room breaks and visits by the trainer....