PDA

View Full Version : Let`s agree on this, Momo and Justine fans

Beny
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I really think that who wins tomorrow is a BETTER player. And I think we should appreciate her. It`s a big final tomorrow and the best occasion to see who is a real champion. Who`s a champion of 2006..
If Justine wins, Momo fans will(should admit that Justine is better and give credit to her) write in this thread that Justine is better.
If Amelie wins, Justine fans will(should admit that Amelie is a better and give credit to her) write here that Amelie is better.

And whoever can write who is the better player......

Of course, both are great players, real champions...but tomorrow`s final will decide it all(at least the best player of 2006)

Agreed? Who`s in?

Uranus
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry I'm not in because mental toughness plays a HUGE role in finals. So you can't tell who has the best game tomorrow except if they're both at their best and we have the greatest match ever.

But, speaking of titles, yes Amelie would be the best in 2006 because she won 3 huge ones.

Beny
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
The real champion must be mentally tough...but it`s not all about mental toughness. Strokes, serve and so on..... I think the mental toughness is just a part of a jigsaw....
Sorry I'm not in because mental toughness plays a HUGE role in finals. You`re right. So who is mentally tougher tomorrow is a champion.
It`s the same as what Nasya said before RG04 final. And she was the mentally tougher out there.

If you mean that Justine is a better player but will lose tomorrow because Amelie is mentally tougher..... I think Justine should prove she is mentally tough too.
Well, we`ll see tomorrow

JustineTime
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
If Momo beats Justine YET AGAIN on the big stage this year, I for one will be forced to concede Justine as a legitimate #2. :shrug:

However, barring THAT...:hehehe:

:secret: Well, you know. ;) :secret:

MinnyGophers
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I disagree. We can say whoever wins was better THAT DAY, but you can't say ever that one is better than the other. Their h2h alone will tell you that they are both as good as players.

You can say that one is better than the other in certain abilites, such as one might be a better fighter and have better toughness of heart, the other is a better athlete with better potential. However, OVERALL, FACE TO FACE, they are equal. That's my opinion of course. One match will not decide who is the better player after they have been playing for so many years and have been pretty much even throughout.

Beny
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Okay, so the best player of 2006. I just think that tomorrow`s match is pretty big. Both have had an exceptional season...and it`s the tomorrow`s final that will make one of them.........simply better(...this year :rolleyes: if you want)

moby
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:22 PM
If Amelie wins tomorrow, she deserves to be Player of the Year for bringing her best game when it mattered most and winning the big events.

However, even if Justine loses, she deserves to be the number one player, for being the most consistently excellent performer of the past 52 weeks. She has already sealed that too.

MinnyGophers
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Okay, so the best player of 2006. I just think that tomorrow`s match is pretty big. Both have had an exceptional season...and it`s the tomorrow`s final that will make one of them.........simply better(...this year :rolleyes: if you want)

Best player of the year of the two. THAT we can agree on. :worship:

smiler
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Well, we`ll see tomorrow
We already saw yesterday. :p

Seriously I'm not in on this because it is daft to decide who is the better player on the basis of one game out of a whole career. I'm fully aware that both are extremely talented tennis players, but win or loose I'm always on Amelie's side.

akosiirwyn
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:27 PM
They've both had exceptional years, but I think that whoever wins tomorrow will have had the better year.

Wayn77
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Doesn't matter if Amelie wins again tomorrow (hopefully) - Justine finishes 2006 as No. 1 and fully deserves it, everything else is bullshit.

Shame about the injuries this year: we have a pretty good top 4 - Justine, Maria, Amelie and Kim

PLP
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I'm not going to involve myself in a discussion of who's better, but I will say this:

As a tennis fan I've loved the fact that Juju and Momo keep meeting like this because they both play the type of game I love to watch: all-court and aggressive, with one-handed (but different) backhands, great volleys, and great movement.

Of course as a Justine fan I'd prefer that she win every match, ;) but regardless of who wins tomorrow I'll be happy to see great tennis. :hearts: It's been a fantastic year for both: Justine finally managed to play all the slams and the YEC for the first time since 2003 and won another slam in the process; and Amelie finally won herself some slams as well, finally fulfilling her potential. Congrats to both. :bowdown:

I agree, and this should be another good match no matter who wins!

JuJu really brought out her best game today, she will have to do that again tomorrow and I think she will...there is no doubt that Justine is deserving of the #1 rank but it would be sweet for her if she could beat her #1 nemesis, this year anyway...Allez!!!

Beny
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I agree, and this should be another good match no matter who wins!

JuJu really brought out her best game today, she will have to do that again tomorrow and I think she will...there is no doubt that Justine is deserving of the #1 rank but it would be sweet for her if she could beat her #1 nemesis, this year anyway...Allez!!!

If I compare Justine`s and Amelie`s today`s performance I think Amelie was a little better. But every match is different..and it depends on the opponents as well...

Justine Fan
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:16 AM
We already saw yesterday. :p

Seriously I'm not in on this because it is daft to decide who is the better player on the basis of one game out of a whole career. I'm fully aware that both are extremely talented tennis players, but win or loose I'm always on Amelie's side.

Yes hmm and we all know why ! Ewwwwwwwwwwww .... not my cup of tea!

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:41 AM

Grand Slam Finals:
Momo: 2
Justine: 4

Finals:
Momo Finals: 7/17
JHH Finals: 8/13

Matches Won:
Momo: 48 in 16 tournaments
Justine: 56 in 12 tournaments

Titles:
Momo: 4
Justine: 5

Fed Cup Singles:
Momo: 1-1
Justine: 4-0

Grand Slam Wins:
Momo: 2
Justine: 1

Bagels Received:
Momo: 4
Justine: 0

Fed Cup Finals:
Momo: 0
Justine: 1

Yeah, I think we know who has had the better year. :wavey: Justine Henin-Hardenne, be thy name.

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Doesn't matter if Amelie wins again tomorrow (hopefully) - Justine finishes 2006 as No. 1 and fully deserves it, everything else is bullshit.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Preach

Marcus1979
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:50 AM
if justine did loose tomorrow could we say that she is not mentally tough as she used to be.

i.e contested finals of 5 big events and winning just 1

smiler
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Yes hmm and we all know why ! Ewwwwwwwwwwww .... not my cup of tea!
I really got under your skin huh JF? I hope you're not makeing assumptions about my sexuality...., maybe I'll fax it to my lawyer & take you to court for slander. :haha:

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:53 AM
I really got under your skin huh JF? I hope you're not makeing assumptions about my sexuality...., maybe I'll fax it to my lawyer & take you to court for slander. :haha:

Litigious brits with Kuznetsova as an avatar.

That explains it.

shibster
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:55 AM
well, the brits are blessed with a prime minister who likes to bark according to bush's demands, and play dead or roll over obediently. the citizens, are....blessed too.

smiler
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:00 AM
It was a joke with Justine Fan, not a serious threat :rolleyes:

rjd1111
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I really think that who wins tomorrow is a BETTER player. And I think we should appreciate her. It`s a big final tomorrow and the best occasion to see who is a real champion. Who`s a champion of 2006..
If Justine wins, Momo fans will(should admit that Justine is better and give credit to her) write in this thread that Justine is better.
If Amelie wins, Justine fans will(should admit that Amelie is a better and give credit to her) write here that Amelie is better.

Of course, both are great players, real champions...but tomorrow`s final will decide it all(at least the best player of 2006)

Agreed? Who`s in?

No! The fact Remains that MoM0 won Two slams to one including
Wimby beating Juicy in both. The YEC is not a slam.

Ntour
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:56 AM
the better player on the day will win

at the end of the day they are both great and both had great years

Ntour
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:00 AM
if justine did loose tomorrow could we say that she is not mentally tough as she used to be.

i.e contested finals of 5 big events and winning just 1

not necessarily but you could say her body is not as strong as ot used to be

AO (tendonitis and stomach ulcer)

Wimbledon (just won rg and eastbourne with only one week rest then made the wimby final, this is too much for her body)

US (Back injury which almost caused her to lose to jelena jankovic)

take nothing away from amelie at wimbledon and maria they played better on the day adn therefore they deserve their titles

Ntour
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:02 AM
the final will be good both are in good phtsical condition both have only recently returned it should be an even playing field.

hopefully a great match

I think ju will win though, she said herself she found it hard the other day when they were playing for nothing

pooh14
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:02 AM
it doesnt matter who wins or loses....

in my opinion, both are great players...both had a great year..stop comparing.

selyoink
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Whoever wins tomorrow is the best player for the year. That is sure. If Mauresmo wins again then she will have owned Justine this year. I will still think Justine is a better player though.

treufreund
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Justine is better. She has the higher point total and yet significantly fewer tournaments played. (was it 2 less or 3 less? I forget ) Anyways we can say that Momo seems to have the edge lately in bigger matches mainly due to her stamina at wimbly and well, yesterday she wanted it more. justine beat her on clay easily but momo was tired in that one. overall, justine is the player of the year but if momo wins tomorrow then it is really almost a tie.

winmic
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:52 AM

Agreed? Who`s in?
One day can not decide who's the best of a whole year. You can always have an off-day. Besides the number one of the world at the end of the year is the best. It's wonderful that Justine makes the number one spot even with a lot of injuries.

Hagar
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Euh... this is nonsense.
If Amélie beats Justine, she will have won 2 Slams and the Championships in one year. That definitely makes her the best player of 2006.
However, if Justine beats Amélie, she will still only have 1 Slam. And OK, she got to number 1, but that is also because she did not have a lot of points to defend from last year.
Sorry but for me it is the Slams that count. So that means Amélie is on top, followed by Justine with Sharapova as third (1 Slam and SF of the Championships).

sugimomo
Nov 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
ya cant decide on one match who is the better player, dont be such an idiot. the two of them are great players no matter what happens. please can the people in these forums get some maturity.

sapir1434
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I don't think that whoever wins today is the better player. We could say the same before Wimbledon final. Amelie won, and I still don't think that it's clear to anybody that she is better than Justine. They are both just great players, both had amazing year, and the only thing we can do now is enjoy from their tennis :)

moby
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Euh... this is nonsense.
If Amélie beats Justine, she will have won 2 Slams and the Championships in one year. That definitely makes her the best player of 2006.
However, if Justine beats Amélie, she will still only have 1 Slam. And OK, she got to number 1, but that is also because she did not have a lot of points to defend from last year. Ummm... Why do people always make this nonsensical mistake? :weirdo: :tape: :help:

The year-end number one ranking is based on the points gained in the current calendar year. It has nothing to do with defending points from last year because the 2005 points cease to be relevant in the 2006 year end ranking. That much should be obvious and intuitive.

rottweily
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Ummm... Why do people always make this nonsensical mistake? :weirdo: :tape: :help:

The year-end number one ranking is based on the points gained in the current calendar year. It has nothing to do with defending points from last year because the 2005 points cease to be relevant in the 2006 year end ranking. That much should be obvious and intuitive.

No point explaining things, 50% of people on this board don't have the capabilities to understand.

thrust
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I think that if Amelie wins today, she is the player of the year. If Justine wins, then she is the player of the year as well as #1. I just wish I could see the match live today, as these are the two most entertaining players to watch. Good luck Justine!

_Cell-chuk
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Our Juju was the better player today.
Allez Juju.:worship: