PDA

View Full Version : errr... Sharapova best player of the top 10?

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:11 PM
:tape: :tape: :tape:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM
:rolleyes:

FrenchY52
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:13 PM
:spit:

Nicolás89
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Russianboy
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:15 PM
yes that's right!

Any problems????:o

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Sorry but I would never say something like that for any player... like "X" is the best player of the top 10.
So this was just in reaction to the Sharapova fans' threads i've read all week about how she is the best bla bla bla... It was pretty annoying.

justine&coria
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Hum she's only lost one of her last 20 matches. You can't expect her to win every time, especially when she plays an in-form Justine.
And I just want to remind you that Justine and Mauresmo have also lost once at Madrid : Maria's loss somehow came at a bad moment.

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Hum she's only lost one of her last 20 matches. You can't expect her to win every time, especially when she's playing an in-form Justine.
And I just want to remind you that Justine and Mauresmo have also lost once at Madrid : Maria's loss somehow came at a bad moment.

Guys, I KNOW!!!
And I think Sharapova is definitely a great player and among the best! I just couldn't resist open that thread after all the stupid threads of this week, about how Sharapova was the BEST player of the top 10.
This is pointless and stupid. She had an amazing fall season, not arguing about that. Now to say she's the best in the top 10 is a bit... conceited... how can u deny both JHH and Mauresmo after their results this year??

So please calm down Sharapova fans, Sharapova is still among the greatest...

Sassy-Na
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM
juju :bounce:

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Clever thread. I mean Sharapova recieved two days ago "the player of the year" award! :rolls:

Aren't you talking about the Whirlpool award?

ClaudiaZ-S
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Aren't you talking about the Whirlpool award?

yes, the 6th sense player of the year ;)

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:04 PM
But the question is, does this award count? I mean, isnt there another one? :confused:

ClaudiaZ-S
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM
But the question is, does this award count? I mean, isnt there another one? :confused:

It's not the real award, but it proves this award is :weirdo:

bellascarlett
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
yes, the 6th sense player of the year ;)

which isn't the same as winning "Player of the year"...use your brain...

Justine wasn't even in the running, you'd think if it was "player of the year", she'd be right in there rather than martina. obviously it's a different kind of award.

Parsley
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:19 PM
From what I understood the whirlpool award was about having the touch and feel of the ball... if it's true it's even funnier that they gace the award to maria considering her lovely dropshot and lob attempts today that costed her some important points.

.ivy.
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:36 PM
From what I understood the whirlpool award was about having the touch and feel of the ball... if it's true it's even funnier that they gace the award to maria considering her lovely dropshot and lob attempts today that costed her some important points.

:lol:

lil' pumpkin
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Hell No!

:inlove:
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Sorry but I would never say something like that for any player... like "X" is the best player of the top 10.
So this was just in reaction to the Sharapova fans' threads i've read all week about how she is the best bla bla bla... It was pretty annoying.

What were you doing in a Sharapova fans thread then? :o

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:04 PM
What were you doing in a Sharapova fans thread then? :o

Well these threads involved more than Sharapova... since they said Sharapova is the best player in the top 10.

bis2806
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:53 PM
It's a pretty laughable statement.

jacobruiz
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Well these threads involved more than Sharapova... since they said Sharapova is the best player in the top 10.

Who is "they" exactly? Or are you just generalising?:rolleyes: Most posters you are probably talking about said that Maria was the most in-form player and playing the best tennis since mid-summer (up until today), and they were right and many were not even Maria fans.

mapaliey
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:08 PM
yes that's right!

Any problems????:o

your reputation is the problem:lol:

thrust
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM
An in form Justine or Amelie, which neither was at the USO, would beat Maria 2 of three times. Justine had defeated Maria 3 of 4 this year.

Ben.
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:48 PM
maria's not the best player of the top 10 but she's one hell of a good one should i say.

bellascarlett
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:54 PM
she'll be the best one someday...in one or two years. :cool: :lol:

who cares? my god...at 19 years of age, the fact that this issue is even coming up and twisting people's panties, maria is really doing something right...and is headed towards greatness. :)

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Who is "they" exactly? Or are you just generalising?:rolleyes: Most posters you are probably talking about said that Maria was the most in-form player and playing the best tennis since mid-summer (up until today), and they were right and many were not even Maria fans.

I don't know who the posters were, but I know they were Sharapova fans. And no, they were not just saying she's been playing the best tennis since mid summer (which I think!), they were saying SHE WAS THE BEST OF THE TOP 10, that her game was the best bla bla bla...

Steffica Greles
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Barring injury, I do think she'll be the no.1 by February. She's already my favourite for the Australian Open.

Henin-Hardenne

Perenially struggling with illness and injuries. I often wonder how much longer she can go on for. And judging by her comments the other day, so does she.

Clijsters

Seems to be off the pace a little, constantly injured and lacking in purpose. Against Sharapova she comprehensively lost the battle of groundstrokes. Maria's power and depth was too much.

Kuznetsova

I think she undoubtedly has potential because I see her as a student of the game rather than a graduate. But it's all mental with her.

Dementieva, Hingis, Petrova are no match for Maria on form. Vaidisova is still an enigma. And I don't see anybody else of striking ability waiting to rise to her challenge next year.

kesi
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I dont think so!. She should have won her semi with Juju if she was the best. We musn't forget that she has been a semifanalist for big titles. Her lost was one of those things that she is use to when she is playing the best players.

floco
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Barring injury, I do think she'll be the no.1 by February. She's already my favourite for the Australian Open.

Henin-Hardenne

Perenially struggling with illness and injuries. I often wonder how much longer she can go on for. And judging by her comments the other day, so does she.

Clijsters

Seems to be off the pace a little, constantly injured and lacking in purpose. Against Sharapova she comprehensively lost the battle of groundstrokes. Maria's power and depth was too much.

Kuznetsova

I think she undoubtedly has potential because I see her as a student of the game rather than a graduate. But it's all mental with her.

Dementieva, Hingis, Petrova are no match for Maria on form. Vaidisova is still an enigma. And I don't see anybody else of striking ability waiting to rise to her challenge next year.

Funny that you dont even mention Mauresmo... H2H 3/1....

kesi
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I don't know who the posters were, but I know they were Sharapova fans. And no, they were not just saying she's been playing the best tennis since mid summer (which I think!), they were saying SHE WAS THE BEST OF THE TOP 10, that her game was the best bla bla bla...

Maria is the great player but, players like Juju and mom's are always giving her hard time because of the the way they play. Maria's game needs a lots of improvements if she still want to win big title with big player on the Draw.