PDA

View Full Version : Amelie was a worthy no.1....

tennisrox
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM
...And she showed why again today. What an absolutely fabulous performance against Kim!
:worship:

Looks like she's laid chokomomo to rest once and for all. She showed amazing guts and determination in the final set. All the doubters can shut the hell up now. She beat both Kim and Justine, after her long layoff. Her fitness and athleticism is just amazing! And what tennis! :bounce:

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:12 PM
we all know that months ago

FrenchY52
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:12 PM
She already showed that in Wimbledon and before but yeah, what a great fantastic match !! :worship:

tennisrox
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:15 PM
we all know that months ago

We did, but whenever amelie loses a match, she's still labelled chokomomo, even after the resolve she showed to win not one, but two slams this year. Not to mention all that rubbish about amelie not deserving to be number one. :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Re: Amelie was a worthy no.1....

She IS a worthy #1.
The ranking system is flawed.
Top players want to win majors.
Amelie won as many majors as the rest of the tour combined this year.

She should be POY and the year end #1, but the ranking system doesn't reward winning a major the way it should.

Winning a slam final is double the money, and more than double the prestige, of losing a final.
But not that much more in points.

VivalaSeles
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Of course she was a worthy number 1 :D She won 2 Slams !!!! :D

justine&coria
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:25 PM
We did, but whenever amelie loses a match, she's still labelled chokomomo, even after the resolve she showed to win not one, but two slams this year. Not to mention all that rubbish about amelie not deserving to be number one. :rolleyes:
Hum, you're quite late. I don't remember anyone calling her Chokomomo lately.
And saying Justine probably deserve the first rank little more than Mauresmo doesn't mean she's not a worthy number 1.

thrust
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Amelie has finally lived up to her potential this year and has been playing great tennis most of the time, however, Justine also has a claim to be #1 especially if she can win tomorrow. I do agree the ranking system sucks, but I do not think it is good for the tour to put too much emphasis on the Slams. To do so would lessen the interest in other tournaments.

Si_Hi
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
The fact is she is NOT the No.1

Serena_thebest
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:37 PM
The fact is she is NOT the No.1

Voila .. very well said :wavey:

anlavalle
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:48 PM
the fact is that it doesn`t matter because she won two slams this year :ras: :nerner:

rightous
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Amilie showed today that she has the drive and determination of a true champion.

pav
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM
How the hell can she be a worthy number one?
when heading for her chair she breaks into a run
this streak of chair running,it had to be stopped
it wasn't, so her ranking has inevitably dropped

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:07 PM
In my opinion she should be the year end number one, she's been outstanding, and that match today without doubt the match of the year, both players were outstanding, both at their best. Im so proud of Amelie's year whatever happen's tomorrow in my eyes she is the best player in the world.

MinnyGophers
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I find it funny that now that she isn't number one anymore, people say she is worthy.

sapir1434
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:17 PM
personally I don't really care if Amelie doesn't finish the year as the world number 1. she was ranked 1 for the most of the year (if not the whole year...) and that's what matters the most ;) at least for me.