PDA

View Full Version : Astrid Besser def. Jelena Dokic 3-6 6-3 7-6(5)

croat123
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:14 PM
:sad::crying2:

squig2k
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Nooo... a tiebreak too

Cat's Pajamas
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:24 PM
NOOOOOOO :hysteric: :sad: :weirdo: :bigcry:

auntie janie
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Ah, well. Not the best ending, but she got what she wanted here: a chance to play a lot of matches. She played 6 matches, right? She's certainly not used to playing 6 matches in 7 days, so I think she did pretty well for herself. She just needs to keep at it.

Darop.
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Jeca.. :sad:

Who knows when the hell she'll play again :rolleyes:

Erika_Angel
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Ah, well. Not the best ending, but she got what she wanted here: a chance to play a lot of matches. She played 6 matches, right? She's certainly not used to playing 6 matches in 7 days, so I think she did pretty well for herself. She just needs to keep at it.

Yep 6 matches so it was a success as far as I'm concerned. She got much needed match play in, and although she lost to a player she probably shouldn't, she didn't give up and she fought to the end. She was actually down a break in that third set and kept fighting. Though she may be a little down about the loss, her trainers at the German Academy won't let her just stop playing for 2 months like she has done before after a tough loss; They will pinpoint the areas of Jelena's game that needs work and they will train her to be ready for teh Australian season. I personally can't wait! :D

King Aaron
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Jelena :crying2:

-Makiri-
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Astrid!!!! Fantastic!!!!! :woohoo:

sorry Jeca :sad:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I don't care how many matches she had to win, losing in a 10K is not good.
That was the same excuse earlier when she played 5 matches in a Tier IV.
It was the same excuse when she played 5 matches in a 50 K.
It was the same excuse when she played 5 matches in a 25 K.
There can't be any more excuses.
There's no other level she can go down to.
This was do or die time and not being able to win this 10 K is very dissapointing.
I think she should take some time off and decide if she really wants this.

Just 10 months ago, Stosur believed that Jelena had the groundstrokes to make the comeback.
Her heart or mental toughness is not there.

If you want to know the reason why Anna Kournikova hasn't made a comeback, then just look at Jelena in the last two years.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM
:sobbing: Hopefully she will play in the AO Wildcard Playoff

iPatty
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM
astrid who? :haha:

Pengwin
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I guess Astrid was simply besser on the day :(

Wintermute
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM
:sad: Aaargh, so close. Winning all those matches in a row was good and a third set tiebreak loss must hurt.

But Jelena must push on from this - keep playing more matches, get more practice, more competitive play and carry herself on to the next level. Her aim should be to win these sort of events and step up.

:inlove:
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Wow Astrid :woohoo: What a great win!!!! :hearts:
It's no secret that I'm not a huge Jelena fan, but she has had a good week and will hopefully gain some confidence from this.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM

:yeah:

JackFrost
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Well, don´t know what to say.
For the Jelena, we´re remembering from the days, she was a grand slam semifinalist and no 4 of the world, is the loss against the number 630 of the world, Astrid Besser, disappointing.
Then again, we must accept, that the Jelena of the old days is gone for good and don´t will come back. The Dokic, we see today is another player.
For this new Dokic, the semifinal was a nice result.

Rtael
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I don't care how many matches she had to win, losing in a 10K is not good.
That was the same excuse earlier when she played 5 matches in a Tier IV.
It was the same excuse when she played 5 matches in a 50 K.
It was the same excuse when she played 5 matches in a 25 K.
There can't be any more excuses.
There's no other level she can go down to.
This was do or die time and not being able to win this 10 K is very dissapointing.
I think she should take some time off and decide if she really wants this.

Just 10 months ago, Stosur believed that Jelena had the groundstrokes to make the comeback.
Her heart or mental toughness is not there.

If you want to know the reason why Anna Kournikova hasn't made a comeback, then just look at Jelena in the last two years.

Oh please she already took time off - months. Taking time off would be the stupidest fucking thing to do because that's what she always does when she loses, she disappears for weeks/months at a time. She's trying to get her game back and this time it looks like she's fully committed, so I don't really know why you're in here trying to get her to quit again. It seems like you really want her to do bad or leave the sport entirely.

FORZA SARITA
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:58 PM
very well astrid!!!and now take the title!:worship: :worship: :worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Heartbroken. :sad:

Then again, Jelena did just resume training basically, and made a semifinal in which she easily could have won. I think the fact that she's training at Pilic's academy, which is a pretty rigorous academy, will keep her focused after this loss and still working hard. If she keeps training, she'll be in great shape come Australian season and hopefully in better form as well. I'm really sad she lost, but in the grand scope of things it still was a good result for Jelena.

Keep trucking girl!

MistyGrey
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:02 PM
:sad:

Just Do It
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Cant belive :sad:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Oh please she already took time off - months. Taking time off would be the stupidest fucking thing to do because that's what she always does when she loses, she disappears for weeks/months at a time. She's trying to get her game back and this time it looks like she's fully committed, so I don't really know why you're in here trying to get her to quit again. It seems like you really want her to do bad or leave the sport entirely.

I've been behind Jelena pretty much from the get go; at the same time I refuse to make excuses for a player in a 10 K tourni who use to be a slam semifinalist.

It does not appear her heart is there.
She's gone from losing to Razzano in a tiebreaker at a slam to losing to a nobody in a tiebreaker in a 10 K in less than a year.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Truly sad :sad:

Rtael
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I've been behind Jelena pretty much from the get go; at the same time I refuse to make excuses for a player in a 10 K tourni who use to be a slam semifinalist.

It does not appear her heart is there.
She's gone from losing to Razzano in a tiebreaker at a slam to losing to a nobody in a tiebreaker in a 10 K in less than a year.

Exactly, because she's been taking time off and not trying. It's certainly not going to do her any good to take *more* time off!

Ben.
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM
bad luck jelena, but i'm just happy 4 u that your playin tennis again & winning matches but today was just not your day. but at least she has got matches under her belt which was what she wanted & i couldn't be anymore happier with that SF result.

don't give up jelena, keep going. i believe in u :D

esquímaux
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:24 PM
:o

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:49 PM
unlcuky jelena

Davenselesport
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:53 PM
She just shouldn't be losing to players like this. I'm glad shes trying, but it looks like the road to a comeback is a little bit longer.

Vamos Feńa
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:54 PM
oh no :sad:
Still won a cpl of matches.
Hopefully it won't affect her comeback :hug:

gocanadago
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:54 PM
:sad:

Erika_Angel
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Still won a cpl of matches.

a couple? ... it was 5 ;)

Vamos Feńa
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
honestly the loss to Punzo has been the mot pathetic one...

yeah, you're right Erica ;)
just hope she'll make a comeback step by step like Iroda's doing atm :)

AK-DH Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Better than what could have happened this tournie... It's a step forward in my opinon:) Congrat's on the semi's Jelena:Yeah:

Just Do It
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:28 PM
by the way next week Jelena will be again in top 600 (something like 580) :lol:

Josh.
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:31 PM
jelena :hug: you had a great run

Exiliado
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Jelena should keep playing. She is not going to win always. The situation is not to compare with Anna K. May she needs just more time than Hingis.

tennisfreak15150
Nov 11th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I guess Astrid played besser than Dokic today

Привет
Nov 11th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Well Done Jelena, you came out here at a 10K and fought to win each of your matches. She has just started training again, at a new academy, and she has played some pretty good tennis to win 5 consecutive matches, this is just the start of her comeback. A comeback isn't coming back to a sport and winning all of your matches straight away, comebacks take time and hard work. Not everyone is Martina. And Congratulations Astrid, although I hope you lose the final if you are playing against Pivovarova :)

Привет
Nov 11th, 2006, 10:41 PM
And by the way, for people who think this is a disgraceful loss, check out the score, Jelena could have won with two more points, pretty evenly matched opponents on the day I would say.

LefandePatty
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:16 PM
:mad: :help: :sad:

.Andrew.
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Jelena :sad: Nice little run for yourself! Hopefully you'll start playing better and better! :bigclap:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Nov 12th, 2006, 01:44 AM
that is pretty bad jelena but i still have to have hope she can get past this

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I really hope that she can look at this tournament and be happy about her progress, but I'm not so sure. It all depends on how she sees herself...If she believes that she's the former world #4, then I think the loss is a biter pilll to swallow...but if she sees herself as a player trying to make a comeback I think she can see she's making progress. I hope it's the latter

Havok
Nov 12th, 2006, 03:37 AM
:sad: Jelena. Horrible loss, but considering she was not practicing tennis whatsoever just until very recently, this is a pretty decent result. She got better and better as every match went by, but couldn't win this one. This is probably the most progress she's made in a really long time :o. Anyways I just hope she uses this as a springboard and continues to work hard and commit to tennis. Ajmo Jeca :hearts:!

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Jelena :(

P_Fer
Nov 12th, 2006, 04:18 AM
jeca:(