PDA

View Full Version : So.. is Maria 'Semipova' again?

vma
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM
??

Princeza
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM
as usual unfortunately

Paul.
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM
after one semi? :rolls:

Bumsby
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:25 PM
after one semi? :rolls:
It's the other way round: she was no longer semipova after only one win :lol: ;)

Parsley
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:26 PM
She had a lucky grand slam with Justine and Amelie totally off their games. Now the order is restored.

Craigy
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM
:weirdo:

Bumsby
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM
She had a lucky grand slam with Justine and Amelie totally off their games. Now the order is restored.
I like this order:

Mauresmo: Winner
Henin: Finalist
Sharapova: Semifinalist

:lol: just kidding, don't be mad at me :p

Filippo-Nastya
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM
It's not fair to laugh at her for another loss in the semis, she had a great season.
I would be happy if next year, my favourite player could be called at least 'Semyskina' in every tournament. :lol: :tape:

Lady
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Seriously, just because she lost at that horrible stage knows as the SF? :rolleyes: To one of the best players in the world? :rolleyes:
Ridiculous...

Tennace
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM
:weirdo: :weirdo:

After one tournament she is called semipova :weirdo:
So if Mauresmo doesnt win this tournament then she will be called Chohomomo again :weirdo: :rolleyes: :weirdo:

wtagg
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Are you crazy?

Piotr'ek
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:40 PM
So.. is this another trolls day again?

myxomatosis
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:44 PM
She had a lucky grand slam with Justine and Amelie totally off their games. Now the order is restored.:lol: Thanks for the laugh mate.
I suppose Wimbledon was lucky too? :rolls:

Serge007
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
what order? Justine had a lucky with Maria off her game? :-)

Morrissey
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Maria is only 19 this loss is not the end of the world. Hello, Maria can still be no.1 very shortly in fact if Maria plays Sydney and wins Sydney I believe she will be no.1 Or if Maria really wants the no.1 ranking badly she can play Gold Coast or something like that win the event and she is no.1. Maria also can gain points if she wins the Australian Open I believe she will be no.1

<!Society!>
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM
??

so what because she won a grandslam now she should go on and win every tournament?

No Name Face
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:10 PM
lol, no she isn't. :lol:

Shoulderpova
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
:weirdo: don't make me feel like throwing up again :weirdo:

vma
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:43 PM
hey guys! if you read or hear anything about what has been going on in Madrid, you'll know that she was treated like the no.1 player already and the only star out there
yes, with all this support it looks like a tragedy for her not to win this tournament

pooh14
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM
silly thread.
come on, she just won a slam, so whats the fuss about?

and frankly, i don't know how an achievement like reaching slams semis can be turned into a negative thing. obviously she is not a one slam wonder.

and this is coming from some one who doesn't like maria.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
:rolleyes:

Poova
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
You are an idiot. :)

tennisrox
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM

Post of the day :rolleyes:

You cannot win TWO grand slams by being lucky. Not to mention her twenty odd match winning streak.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:13 PM

You must be joking :weirdo:

Dan23
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM
No

She just won 3 more titles to make it 15 total you nutter

Nickitos2006
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM

No, f*cking hater. You’re wrong with that :p Maria’s win at USO was absolutely predictable, while in today’s match, Henin definitely was very lucky... If Maria hadn’t been absolutely flat, tired and exhausted after such a crazy season she had, then she would’ve killed Justine today. No doubt about it. But fortunately for the Belgian, Maria had no energy left to do it.

Serge007
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Sharapova is too dumb and fearful to contest with top players at their peak. At this year US Open she benefitted from Amelie's lack of form and Justine's physical frailty. Whenever Justine, Amelie or Kim are in at least half-decent form Sharapova stands very little chance against them. At least for now.
it's funny.
BTW Kim didn't beat Maria, Amelie and Justine in this fall...

Does she Semisters? :-)

P.S.
Sharapova is too dumb
I think streag is too dumb, not Sharapova.

bellascarlett
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Exactly, why don't we call Kim something like this as well? :rolleyes: :o

streag
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:18 PM
it's funny.
BTW Kim didn't beat Maria, Amelie and Justine in this fall...

Does she Semisters? :-)

P.S.

I think streag is too dumb, not Sharapova.
I'm not dumb, when Justine, Amelie or Kim lost to Sharapova when being in a good form? Never. Kim played her first match in Madrid against Maria and wasn't fully accustomed to the courts and altitude. If you think that she was in good form in San Diego, then you're dumb.

perseus2006
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:22 PM
This wouldn't even be an issue if Yuri had reminded Pova to eat a banana early in the first set or if Mike had reminded her to drink from bottle #4 after the 4th game. It also didn't help that Yuri wasn't wearing his sunglasses.

In 2007, the banana will be traded out for crenshaw mellons.

I would imagine that Pova is thinking about retirement after such a poor showing this year. After all, there is one player with a better record. That is just simply unacceptable. If she loses a match in 2007, expect an announcement... I mean, with six weeks to prepare for next year, there just isn't a valid reason for another loss. In that case, Pova and her mother are planning on opening a flower shop Dublin and living in the apartment above.

Serge007
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM
If you think that she was in good form in San Diego, then you're dumb.?
He-he. The same. If you think Sharapova was in good form now - you're dumb. Maria was tired (after 19 wins).

streag
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
He-he. The same. If you think Sharapova was in good form now - you're dumb. Maria was tired (after 19 wins).

Please show me where I posted about Sharapova being in good form then we talk about dumbness :wavey:
Even when she is in good form e.g. at this year's US Open she's too easy to be scared and thrown off her fragile mental balance. Too bad for Golovin, Li and lesser players that they can't really reap benefits of scaring Maria to get hold of the match and win it. It takes players of Henin-Hardenne, Mauresmo or Clijsters caliber in good form to accomplish that.

Nickitos2006
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:35 PM
The only reason Maria kept losing in GS semis for a year and a half was her mystery chest injury, which has been chasing her and hadn’t’ let her to play her game. But this year everything has changed. She won her second Slam, she’s beaten HEALTHY Cliysters Mouresmo and Henin and had an incredible 18-win streak. Not that bad for a teen, no? :lol: And as I said before, the only reason she lost today, was her deadly tiredness and fatigue from such a tremendous season. Had she been fresh, she would’ve killed Henin in straights.

watchdogfish
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I'm not dumb, when Justine, Amelie or Kim lost to Sharapova when being in a good form? Never. Kim played her first match in Madrid against Maria and wasn't fully accustomed to the courts and altitude. If you think that she was in good form in San Diego, then you're dumb.

Sharapova was in very good form during the US Open and she deservedly beat both Amelie and JHH ;)

streag
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
The only reason Maria kept losing in GS semis for a year and a half was her mystery chest injury, which has been chasing her and hadn’t’ let her to play her game. But this year everything has changed. She won her second Slam, she’s beaten HEALTHY Cliysters Mouresmo and Henin, she won her second Slam and had incredible 18-win streak. Not that bad for a teen, no? :lol: And as I said before, the only reason she lost today, was her deadly tiredness and fatigue from such a tremendous season. Had she been fresh, she would’ve killed Henin it straights.

All is well with the 18 matches or so winning streak bla-bla. Just when it mattered and number one was at stake she crumbled against Justine in decent form. I don't buy the fatigue argument. She was under pressure of attaining year-end number one position and facing tough opponent many levels above her in class. She simply chickened in this 1st set and could not even it out in 2nd. Perhaps fatigue played its part in the 2nd, I admit it. But the 1st set collapse was because she chickened, period. Semipova again.

Nickitos2006
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:00 PM
All is well with the 18 matches or so winning streak bla-bla. Just when it mattered and number one was at stake she crumbled against Justine in decent form. I don't buy the fatigue argument.

Well, it’s only your troubles, guy. I prefer to believe Maria, not you. So you may blah-blah-blah everything you want. Who cares…:lol:

streag
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Well, it’s only your troubles, guy. I prefer to believe Maria, not you. So you may blah-blah-blah everything you want. Who cares…:lol:

Don't see any trouble, pal :) Have a good bliss :wavey:

LindsayRulz
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:26 PM

So true :)

jacobruiz
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:28 PM
You are pathetic :weirdo:

Maria has won 5 titles, three tier Is and a Grand Slam, beaten everyone in the top 10 except Nicole who she didn't play, beat both Amelie and Justine in the last Grand Slam, just had a 19 game winning streak, and she's nineteen - the youngest of all the top players. Justine and Amelie and Maria all have lost once in the YEC, Maria's loss came at a bad time.

These brain-dead insults toward Maria really are pathetic.:rolleyes:

perseus2006
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Just saw the match on Versus.

It was another one of those rare matches where Pova inexplicably came out totally flat, no energy, no enthusiasm, no dancing wildly at the baseline, no shrieking, no aggressive gesticulations. She lost

Kudos to JHH, 2006 Year End #1 and All Slam Finalist, moves on the the Final.

On to 2007 for Pova after great successes in 2006 including a brand new, shiny slam trophy.After a few days, She'll look back at 2006 proudly. It was a good year.

kesi
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:48 PM

Oh yeah, she was luck to win that US open. Everything is back to normal now. She should be given a title for being a semifanilist.