PDA

View Full Version : JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE True No. 1 in the world for the 3rd time!

Justine Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:43 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

She soooooooooo deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I'm sooo soooooo happy! :banana:

JUSTINE ... I LOVE YOU :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

PROUD TO BE A JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE FAN!!!!!!

DragonFlame
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :bounce: :worship: :aparty:

MH0861
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM
:worship: Hope she takes the title! :yeah:

auntie janie
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
We're dancing in the streets! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dancefool.gif

.ivy.
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:59 PM
HELL TO THE YEAH!!!!!!!

(Better change my sig now)

KingA
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Who was the false No.1 in the past?

schris
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Good luck Justine in the final!

jenglisbe
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM
She deserves it based on point, but IF Amelie were to beat Kim and then beat Justine in the finals, it would be hard to argue again her actually deserving #1. 2 majors and a Championships title (beating Justine for all 3) is more than enough to deserve #1.

Still, Justine has earned the points, and if Amelie doesn't win the Championships, it's a toss-up.

Niunia
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Congrats Justine!:D

Ferosh
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Take the title Justine! :bowdown:

MistyGrey
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM
:bounce:
:worship: Justine is the best!!

Dexter
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:17 PM
:bowdown:

Ntour
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Allez!

LDF
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Well done Justine, she really deserves it :worship:

Hopefully she'll finish the year with a win! :D

rockstar
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:22 PM
she deserves it, the final of the 4 gs and yec :yeah:

iamhe
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Justine is the best !! :bounce: :bounce:

Congrats to her ! :bigclap:

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah...5 finals, but she needs to add another win...otherwise it's just more of the same: the yearly RG and not much else.

Si_Hi
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:25 PM
i'm so happy now.....

RenaSlam.
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:25 PM
It pains me to say that she is :sad:

natacha1
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:27 PM
She deserves it based on point, but IF Amelie were to beat Kim and then beat Justine in the finals, it would be hard to argue again her actually deserving #1. 2 majors and a Championships title (beating Justine for all 3) is more than enough to deserve #1.

Still, Justine has earned the points, and if Amelie doesn't win the Championships, it's a toss-up.

Justine played 12 tournaments, she won 5 was in the final of 4 others. She now is again in a final. It is not about only winning from Momo. It is over a whole year, momo playes great, won majors, but she lost to many matches this year she should have won. If she won these, she still would be the nr. 1

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM
If I don't love Justine that much before, I sure do now!!!

Now, give her the respect she truly deserve here!!! :devil:

komorli
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

7 am at my place, no one's up yet (but me), and I'm dancing in my room like a maniac while typing this!"

Beny
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM
ALLEZ JUSTINE!

tako
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Justine you did it!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I'm so proud to be your fan:kiss:

natacha1
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I could not expect this the first day I became a fan of her. She was so fragile and she chocked all the time. She said that she wanted to be nr 1 but nobody really believed she could. And see now. I am so proud to be her fan. She worked so hard to get this. She really, really deserves this.

Slumpsova
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Good Job Justine :d

Morrissey
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I don't think there is any debate anymore. If Amelie wanted to finish at no.1 Amelie should of been consistent for the whole year and she wasn't. Amelie blew a lot of opportunites like New Haven, Miami, and China Open. And what about that horrible peformance against Maria at the US OPEN? Amelie played like a scared chicken. No more excues for Amelie. Amelie had a decent run but she's not consistent like Justine. Justine is no.1 for this year she destroyed Maria in straight sets. Very shocking win given the fact Maria was destroying everyone for the past two months and had a 19 match winning streak. Women's Tennis excitement has reached a fever pitch! Well done Justine!

shibster
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM
well said morrissey.

well, amelie was shaky in USO thruout. it wasn't just for the face-off against maria. many people would dispute the points system, but we must not forget that, including indoors, justine would have made it to 4 GS finals, and the finals of YEC. that's all court, all surface, for you.

Justine Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Justine played 12 tournaments, she won 5 was in the final of 4 others. She now is again in a final. It is not about only winning from Momo. It is over a whole year, momo playes great, won majors, but she lost to many matches this year she should have won. If she won these, she still would be the nr. 1

Well said! :worship:

thenj
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM
:worship: :worship:

Uranus
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Allez! :yeah:

Ceri
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I'm so happy - she deserves this and I hope she's celebrating tonight! :)

Morrissey
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Maria will be no.1 sometime next year this just shows how tough the top 5 of the WTA really is. I don't consider players like Petrova as a contender. The real contenders are the Belgians, Mauresmo, Sharapova and that's it. Hingis and Kuznetsova could possibly but only if they played perfect tennis I just don't see it from those two. Add to the mix if the Americans Davenport and Williams Sisters come back 2007 could be very exciting indeed.

jenglisbe
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I don't think there is any debate anymore. If Amelie wanted to finish at no.1 Amelie should of been consistent for the whole year and she wasn't. Amelie blew a lot of opportunites like New Haven, Miami, and China Open. And what about that horrible peformance against Maria at the US OPEN? Amelie played like a scared chicken. No more excues for Amelie. Amelie had a decent run but she's not consistent like Justine. Justine is no.1 for this year she destroyed Maria in straight sets. Very shocking win given the fact Maria was destroying everyone for the past two months and had a 19 match winning streak. Women's Tennis excitement has reached a fever pitch! Well done Justine!
If she were to win the Championships (and it's a big if), she would have won the first major of the year, Wimbledon in July, and then the Championships in November. I'd say that's pretty consistent over the course of the year. When you then add in that she would have beaten Justin to win all of those, it makes it even more obvious who is #1.

Again, that's only if Amelie were to win this tournament.

Lady
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah...5 finals, but she needs to add another win...otherwise it's just more of the same: the yearly RG and not much else.

Right, because clearly winning some RG is such a sucky achievement.

So well done Justine for ending the year as #1 when you played the less amount of tournaments then your competition. :worship:

pigmalion
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
waw it's so beautiful to be a fan of the number one :lol:

she deserves it so much :inlove:

ALLEZZZZZ

squig2k
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
She did deserve it, well done

shibster
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
So well done Justine for ending the year as #1 when you played the less amount of tournaments then your competition.

the wtatour ranking system is so fricking unfair!!!!! boo hoo

Kitten63
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
conratulations justine! you really deserve it after your amazing year.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:02 PM
We're dancing in the streets! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dancefool.gif

:banana: :rocker: :banana:

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Was there ever a doubt???

Congrats Justine, our #1 Queen!

Second time in three years.

The best always rises to the top....even after a lengthy layoff.

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:14 PM

No toss-up. History will record Justine as the #1 player.

No too many women in WTA history have made it to the finals of every grand slam event and the YEC in a calendar year.

Congrats Justine!

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM
ALLEZ!

Queen Justine returns to her throne!

Mina Vagante
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:18 PM
errr no. she shouldnt be number 1

Stavie
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:20 PM
SHE DEFINATELY DESERVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo:
:bowdown:

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Everytime Justine is healthy and enters a draw, it must give you haters a huge lump in your stomach, knowing that your fav is going to get their asses kicked.

Justine Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Everytime Justine is healthy and enters a draw, it must give you haters a huge lump in your stomach, knowing that your fav is going to get their asses kicked.

Exactly!

I mean, didn't a certain "other" American player come back from injury this year and win errrrrrrrrrrr "Zilch"? :haha: :haha:

How come every time Justine comes back she always accomplishes something? I mean, she's only played 3 matches in 2 months without much practice and she's in the final again :worship: Plus, beating 3 top 8 players! We are not worthy, we are not worthy. She is amazing, she is amazing!:devil:

Kitten63
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Exactly!

I mean, didn't a certain "other" American player come back from injury this year and win errrrrrrrrrrr "Zilch"? :haha: :haha:

How come every time Justine comes back she always accomplishes something? I mean, she's only played 3 matches in 2 months without much practice and she's in the final again :worship: Plus, beating 3 top 8 players! We are not worthy, we are not worthy. She is amazing, she is amazing!:devil:

she really is amazing. i'm so proud of her for coming back from an injury and gaining the number spot and a chance to win the yec!

JulesVerne
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:37 PM
No toss-up. History will record Justine as the #1 player.

No too many women in WTA history have made it to the finals of every grand slam event and the YEC in a calendar year.

Congrats Justine!

Reaching the finals of all 5 of the biggest events in a year probably means you have a strong claim to that title. If Justine wins tommorrow it would be indiputable. However, if Amelia wins, I could understand the doubts, but overall her performances this year makes her as valid a number 1 as anyone else.

Allez-H
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Serena should

Justine Fan
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Serena should

:spit:

:haha: :tape:

M2k
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM
lol...well it'll be interesting to see if Amelie wins the final :o

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:03 PM
lol...well it'll be interesting to see if Amelie wins the final :o

Tomorrow's final is only for bragging rights. The YE #1 ranking has already been decided. Who was it that said Justine couldn't play on "fast surfaces" (Wimbledon final, YEC finals)???

maddyus
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Allez JUJU!!:bounce: :bounce:

U R the BEST...good luck!:devil:

daniela86
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Maria :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Better luck at the AO :hug:
Justine was better today,she deserves this win and to be the number 1 :yeah: Congrats to her and her fans! Good luck against Mauresmo tomorrow :D Hopefully she will take her revenge against her too:)

doris_hdz
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Congrats Juju!!!

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:13 PM

So well done Justine for ending the year as #1 when you played the less amount of tournaments then your competition. :worship:

Not saying that at all...anytime you win a major and end the year as no.1..that's an achievement for sure. But I think, that if Justine was to lose tomorrow against Momo..she'd rather have had Momo's season: 2 majors ( including Wimbledon!) and the YEC...than "just" RG and the YE no.1 rank, despite reaching the finals at all the 5 majors. Just me.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Not saying that at all...anytime you win a major and end the year as no.1..that's an achievement for sure. But I think, that if Justine was to lose tomorrow against Momo..she'd rather have had Momo's season: 2 majors ( including Wimbledon!) and the YEC...than "just" RG and the YE no.1 rank, despite reaching the finals at all the 5 majors. Just me.

Ben.
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Congrats Justine. 4 slam finals & the YEC final in one year is just incredible.

Yuri Sharapov
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM
How old is she? 35?

mirzalover
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:41 PM
i dont think justine should be number 1 but she sure as hell doesnt care what i think so congratulations on a great year and the number 1 ranking

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:04 PM

Not at all...just saying that if Momo beats Juju again tomorrow...I think Juju would rather have had Momo's year..just my opinion. 2 majors, yec...is better than just RG.

manu32
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:49 PM
well done she deserves.....she won the race without playing a lot of tournies ....less than mauresmo of course and even sharapova .....so no contest......
if bartoli or jankovic (the top) played 49 tournaments ,it doesn't change,no YEC and a very low rating....

bravo justine mais maria pouvait contester jusqu'à ce jour.....

Alicein1derland
Nov 12th, 2006, 09:06 AM
:bounce: :worship: :bigclap: :dance: :woohoo: :yippee: :rocker: :banana: :aparty: :bounce: :worship: :bigclap: :dance: :woohoo: :yippee: :rocker: :banana: :aparty: :bounce:

Bravo Justine! Well-deserved #1 in the world!

Win or lose today, it's been a great season !

To get to the final of all 4 Grand Slams and the YEC, and to win (at least! ;) ) Roland Garros - that's the achievement of a true champion.

And how fitting that Juju, who was #1 in the Race at the start of the Championships, should end the year as #1.

**Jelica**
Nov 12th, 2006, 07:52 PM
ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!!!

I'm so happy for her and she SO deserves it :D