PDA

View Full Version : Kuznetsova-Clijsters comparison

Parsley
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Yesterday the commentators at Eurosport compared the two saying that they have similar games but Kim can do everything better. They even have pairs of matching thick thighs :) Yet they both have 1 slam. Is Kim just unlucky yo have the same number of slams as Kuznetsova (and 1 less that Maria) or are these commentators don't know much about tennis?

Mileen
Nov 11th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I think they did Kim short. She played phenomenal in that match. I don't think those two commentators are good when Belgian girls are playing, in particular the woman commentator isn't objective imo. Also, Kim has always had a different play style than Sveta. So I don't get the point, why start a comparison between players during the match when one player is completely crushing the other?
Only Theo Bakker and the other male I trust in there commentary. (Sorry that I don't remember his name, I really like him). Except that I don't understand why Theo Bakker says Kim was playing good against Maria. Kim herself was saying she didn't feel the ball at all (the first time I've heard her say that; usually she says she didn't feel the ball well, but never has she said she didn't feel the ball at all) and couldn't see the ball well. She was clearly off day, she also had a lot of UE, in particular her backhand faults. Marc De Hous told it's really a bad sign when she hits backhand UE's, because that's her most stable shot. Also, when they saw her practice right before the match, they were shocked by how bad she played and got the impression she was nervous.
So in short, I don't agree with those two commentators and don't trust them. When she is on, most of the times I change the channel, because she is ruining my pleasure. You should listen to her tone of voice when Kim is hitting an excellent shot :help: Afgunst. Totally afgunst. That's the only conclusion I can draw out of it.

Uranus
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Sveta doesn't play like Kim. I still haven't found a player who had the same game as Sveta, it's quite unique IMO.

goldenlox
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:00 PM
John McEnroe compared them too. He said they both overhit their forehands when they get in pressure situations.

Nicolás89
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:24 PM
well sveta has a better serve, but its true almost everything what kim does is a bit better than what sveta does:o :sad:

goldenlox
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:30 PM
They are both very good players.
Sveta is ranked #4, and has much less to defend before Miami
than the 3 ahead of her.
She's going up, not down.

Ben.
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM
sveta hits her shots more with top spin while kim hits hers flat. there r things in their games that r similar but they r completely different players let me tell u.