PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Martina On A Great Comeback

Brashkoala
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:32 PM
imo, martina is playing top five tennis, right behind sharapova, mauresmo, clijsters, and hingis. martina, please plan a smart schedule next year and try and stay healthy. play agressive tennis just like this week throughout the year. your new ranking will defenitely help you next year and give you easier draws. i have no doubt in my mind that you can win a slam and return to the top of women's tennis. i love you.

ps. please lower your service toss so your serve can be more of a weapon

IceHock
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:33 PM
It really was a brilliant year for her besides wimbledon and the USO, there weren't many people who thought she would do good and not many who thought she would be top 10. Her YEC I think showcased her awesome game, she played so good and should be proud of taking sets off of Henin and Mauresmo, all 3 in her group have power and she handled it brilliantly, I can't wait for her next year because I expect bigger and better things from her..

Nicolás89
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM
yes martina it was awesome i hope for a even better next year:worship: :bounce:

Buitenzorg
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:36 PM
You are such a true star of women tennis :kiss:

P_Fer
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Its great having Martina back on the tour!

Martian Martin
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
She should be hugely proud of what she has achieved this year. She's beaten Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Petrova, Dementieva, Vaidisova, Davenport and Venus. Plus she also taken sets from Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne. I don't think realistically even the biggest Martina fan could have expected that.

It was fantastic to see her doing so well this week because it should give her great belief, especially as the second half of the year was a little patchy.

Huge credit to Martina this year because despite what Sharapova, Henin-Hardenne and Mauresmo have achieved, she has been the story of 2006. :)

Nicky2002
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:52 PM
She should be hugely proud of what she has achieved this year. She's beaten Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Petrova, Dementieva, Vaidisova, Davenport and Venus. Plus she also taken sets from Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne. I don't think realistically even the biggest Martina fan could have expected that.

It was fantastic to see her doing so well this week because it should give her great belief, especially as the second half of the year was a little patchy.

Huge credit to Martina this year because despite what Sharapova, Henin-Hardenne and Mauresmo have achieved, she has been the story of 2006. :)

Well said Sweetheart :kiss:

I'll be going to AO 2007 to root for her. :D

the cat
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I'm glad Martina is back. :) She had a pretty good year. But she really needs to play better in the big matches next year.

metamorpha
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:04 AM
2007 means ten years after her golden year. And it's very promising, hope she'll repeat similar history like 1997 :lol:

*escape*

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
:bowdown: Martina :worship:

Jeff
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Great year for Martina. She proved a lot of people wrong this year. Here's to a great 2007 :worship:

doris_hdz
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Martina...:worship:

good luck in the 2007......:wavey:

partbrit
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I'm now expecting really good things from Martina next season!

Is it a coincidence that she performed so well with her mother not in the stands??

Sund7101
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:48 AM
It's been a joy to have her back this year, nobody in today's game plays like she does. It's fun to see a player with so much variety. She comes in to the net, hits amazing drop shots, has a wonderful lob, and some of the best anticipation in the game. She's so much fun to watch and I'm glad she's back. Good luck next year Marti! 2007 AO Champion?

pooh14
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Martina had a great season barring the mini slump at Wimbledon and US Open.
She realise towards the end her fatigue is cause by lack of iron in her body and taking some supplements. Which is why i think we see a much more fitter hingis at YEC.

This YEC proved that Hingis deserve to be TOP 10, infact TOP 5.
I am extremely confident she will break into TOP 5 next season and make waves. She should reach at least semis in the slam and hopefully further in Aussie and RG.

marlin
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:59 AM
i'm proud of you martina!:)
thanks for coming back.:angel:

BarsonlyOne
Nov 11th, 2006, 05:15 AM
i cannot believe here we are one year later after her announcement. i mean time really does fly so fast doesnt it? when we heard her announcement last november 28, such an important date that i remembered it, we had no expectations. just happy that she was back. here we are 4 years later after her retirement, and shes done an amazing job second time around. its like a piece of history was taken too early from the tennis world. we could say the same for serena and venus and anna. we got one back this year. serena and venus are still a presence, fighting hard to get back to the top. and anna is having thoughts of coming back herself.
it really is a joy seeing martina back. we appreciate more the things that were gone. i guess being such followers of tennis as we all are in here, its great that we have matches to look forward to, rivalries to cheer for, players to look up to. players that make our days when they win, and pissed off when they lose. tennis is a cycle. years from now martina will retire, so will venus and serena, lindsay, kim,justine. and a tennis player deserves to leave on their own terms. happy with what they have done on the tennis court.

martina deserves everything this year. her second retirement will be her final one, whenever that may be, and it will be a sad day. for now, i will enjoy every moment she spends on the tennis court. giving her fans as well as the tennis world, perhaps the last player to be (and to quote martina) " a player, not a hitter."

great year martina!

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:43 AM
she's had an amazing year. I have the UTMOST respect for her :worship:

littlepanda
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Martina is always the best in my heart!:yeah:

PLP
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM
:lol:

I was trying to remember how I got through last November/December, tennis-wise that is, but then I realized Martina hadn't started playing again yet... :kiss:

Martina, even if you hadn't finished in the top 10 and won 2 titles this year :worship: , I still would have been so thrilled to have you back in the game. You have shown patches of Brilliance this year and I truly believe that next year will be even Brighter!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

josemanuel
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Awesome year Marti!! IMO She has a great chance for the next Aussie Open

HenryMag.
Nov 11th, 2006, 08:28 AM
martina will finish the year in no.7, it's amazing....

sanpo
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Something to look forward to in 2007, make a great year Hingis! :bounce:

Ben.
Nov 11th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Well done Martina :clap2: u certainly made a statement in the women's game t'day & proved several critics wrong with your terrific results this year & breaking back in2 the top 10 & finishing it at no.7 :bowdown:

u impressed me nonetheless with your determination & heart :yeah: