PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't ESPN or ESPN2 showing the YEC?

Pheobo
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I've lost track of tennis the last few months...but I don't know why I can't find this shit on tv. Anyone want to fill me in?

cometz9
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:16 PM
it's showing on Versus Network

IceHock
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:16 PM
its on versus or what used tio be oln

Pheobo
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
What the hell is that? *checks tv*

Shooter
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:24 PM
It's a symptom of the fact that American women are fading from view in Pro tennis. There isn't one American in the YEC. The YEC moved away from Los Angeles. The Acura event in San Diego will disappear after '07. What will replace it? A European event? It's going to be tough to get American companies to sponsor a tennis tournament with no American stars in the field. The visibility of women's pro tennis is fading which means you won't see results reported in the news as much and there won't be as many events televised in the U.S. Women's tennis in America is going the way of tennis in England.

Pheobo
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Oh I found it. They're talking about that old chicken hag.

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Try finding RG in the US next year

Mina Vagante
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:38 PM
lol come to england, we officially have the best tennis coverage in the world overall

johnoo
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
lol come to england, we officially have the best tennis coverage in the world overall

how true we have never had so much tennis on tv and next year will be even better with the BBC doing extensive coverage of AO and FO:)

Mina Vagante
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
how true we have never had so much tennis on tv and next year will be even better with the BBC doing extensive coverage of AO and FO:)

wow really? that'll be the best then, they already have a lot of coverage at the AO not so much with the FO. British eurosport is the best though, i wish they do the 5 court interactive thing they do for the usopen for the AO

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:54 PM
In the US, the announcers sit in NYC and watch a tv set, to give their commentary.
Probably the same thing will happen at the FO.
They will get a cheap feed, and do their commentary from NY.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:58 PM
In the US, the announcers sit in NYC and watch a tv set, to give their commentary.
Probably the same thing will happen at the FO.
They will get a cheap feed, and do their commentary from NY.

I don't care as long as it isn't Tim Ryan doing his commentary from NYC.
I don't even know if he watches the match in front of him.
He acts like a retard for most of the matches.

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:06 PM
I heard Tim Ryan on Sirius radio during Wimbledon.
He hates Justine. And he's very upfront about it.
He doesn't know tennis.
He's like Ted Robinson, they hire a generic voice, who know nothing about tennis.

hnwortman
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM
All espn2 or espn anywhat seems to care about is any sport other than tennis. Espn is losing money, I think and does not want to spend money on something that will take their ratings away. However, that network has to be known for being the lowest ranked in my book. At least they show skating.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:26 AM
All espn2 or espn anywhat seems to care about is any sport other than tennis. Espn is losing money, I think and does not want to spend money on something that will take their ratings away. However, that network has to be known for being the lowest ranked in my book. At least they show skating.

Yes.
So ESPN2 is losing so much money, they would rather show the same paintball and cheerleading/dance footage over live tennis?

TeamUSA#1
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:32 AM
While I think it sucks that they are not showing the YEC, it is fairly obvious why... the tournamant is no longer on US soil. If it was still in LA or NYC, they would still have it on.

I believe that they will still have parts of the FO next year even though the bulk of it is going to be on the Tennis Channel...

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:39 AM
While I think it sucks that they are not showing the YEC, it is fairly obvious why... the tournamant is no longer on US soil. If it was still in LA or NYC, they would still have it on.

I believe that they will still have parts of the FO next year even though the bulk of it is going to be on the Tennis Channel...

ESPN2 showed the YEC when it was in Munich.

TeamUSA#1
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:43 AM
ESPN2 showed the YEC when it was in Munich.

I know, but they where also under contract at that time to show it. Their contract with the YEC ended last year at the same time the WTA moved it to Madrid. If the tourney had been moved back to NYC or some other place in the US, I am sure they would have renewed their contract to show it...

Paneru
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:45 AM
It's a symptom of the fact that American women are fading from view in Pro tennis. There isn't one American in the YEC. The YEC moved away from Los Angeles. The Acura event in San Diego will disappear after '07. What will replace it? A European event? It's going to be tough to get American companies to sponsor a tennis tournament with no American stars in the field. The visibility of women's pro tennis is fading which means you won't see results reported in the news as much and there won't be as many events televised in the U.S. Women's tennis in America is going the way of tennis in England.

US Tennis even w/o V&S, Lindsay, & Jenn
is still not nearly as bad as the state of
English tennis.

Besides, V&S & lindsay will
be back soon enough.

Brooklyn90
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:31 AM
i hate you:mad: ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:34 AM

I turned to ESPN2 yesterday to check and see if a match was on and CHAMPION DOMINOS was on :tape: :help:

SelesFan70
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:44 AM
I turned to ESPN2 yesterday to check and see if a match was on and CHAMPION DOMINOS was on :tape: :help:

I keep seeing Poker... :help:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I keep seeing Poker... :help:

The only time i want to see POKER is if Jennifer Tilly is playing :hearts:

harloo
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:46 AM
For some reason I'm not really missing the coverage this year. I know someone will eventually upload a few matches I'm interested in but for the most part the whole event seems kind of anti-climatic.

I'm expecting Maria to take the title and end the season as #1.

SelesFan70
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:50 AM
The only time i want to see POKER is if Jennifer Tilly is playing :hearts:

That voice and boobs... :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 11th, 2006, 01:57 AM
That voice and boobs... :worship:

Love her! :hearts: She would make one hell of a fag hag! :lol: :worship:

CanIGetAWhat
Nov 11th, 2006, 02:19 AM
I've lost track of tennis the last few months...but I don't know why I can't find this shit on tv. Anyone want to fill me in?because American tennis is going down the drain. As long as American players are successful, we'll recieve more converage, but the lack of American success recently, especially this year, has resulted in almost no coverage on ESPN and/or ESPN2.