PDA

View Full Version : I have never seen so much confusion on WTA World before

MistyGrey
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Its hilarious actually.
The best one = Some people think Mauresmo will stay number one till the Australian Open! :spit:
Who tops Yellow Group? Momo, head to head is considered first, the set win los ratio comes into play when there is a three way tie (2004 Lindsay,Serena,Nastya)
Anyways, we'll all be confused till the official order of play comes out.

S_Fahad
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Actually its frustrating, not funny!

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Now it's all clear, but this system is very flawed.
Everyone is counting the # of games needed.
It is both frustrating and funny.

morningglory
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Well if they had stuck with the KO format this wouldn't have happened :o

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Well if they had stuck with the KO format this wouldn't have happened :o

true :lol: then we wouldn't be so confuzzled :tape:

The Crow
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I just read on an official Dutch site that Amelie can still be number 1 :lol: :confused:

twight6
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Now it's all clear, but this system is very flawed.
Everyone is counting the # of games needed.
It is both frustrating and funny.

how do you make it not flawed?

The point of a tennis match: win in as little games as possible.
Point of the RR: win as many matches as you can in straight sets, and few games as possible.

All it comes down to is go 3-0 and you're automatically in. If not, you win in straight sets. That's the point of tennis, hence, that's what the YEC RR is based on :)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:45 PM
its easy to confuse a few people.

xin_hui
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM
The best one = Some people think Mauresmo will stay number one till the Australian Open! :spit:

this was the funniest :o :lol: . i mean, i support amelie the most out of the 3 contenders, but with the number of threads on GM about the no1 issue, it's not that hard to figure out amelie had no chance

i bet even when the OOP comes out for tmr, people will be arguing the lineup is wrong. that happened last year :tape:

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:49 PM
its easy to confuse a few people.Only a few?
How about - Lena is in if Kim retired in the 1st set, but Sveta is in if Kim retires now?

twight6
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Only a few?
How about - Lena is in if Kim retired in the 1st set, but Sveta is in if Kim retires now?

because kim has already won so many games :tape:. Losing 6 games would ruin her percentage, but losing only 1 wouldn't really hurt her

I'm not positive on the math, or if she could have even advanced at the beginning if kim retired, but if that's what they're saying then it must be true.

MistyGrey
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:52 PM
It would be even more funny, if its Maria vs Amelie and Kim vs Justine when the OOP is released :lol:

MistyGrey
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Only a few?

because kim has already won so many games :tape:. Losing 6 games would ruin her percentage, but losing only 1 wouldn't really hurt her

I'm not positive on the math, or if she could have even advanced at the beginning if kim retired, but if that's what they're saying then it must be true.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

manu32
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:55 PM
it's very clear.....henin or sharapova is the future number one.....where is the problem??? wtaworld is out of internet???it's a virtual board ???

twight6
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:58 PM

i just checked. Dementieva would have had to be up 3-1 or better (aka win the first set) and then have clijsters retire for her to advance. Now if Clijsters retires, Dementieva has lost too many games to advance

MistyGrey
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
The commentators on Super Sports just discussed Kim's chances against Justine tomorrow! :lol:

esquímaux
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:08 PM
how do you make it not flawed?

The point of a tennis match: win in as little games as possible.
Point of the RR: win as many matches as you can in straight sets, and few games as possible.

All it comes down to is go 3-0 and you're automatically in. If not, you win in straight sets. That's the point of tennis, hence, that's what the YEC RR is based on :)What's going on in your avatar?!?! It's got me confuzed :o Is it like a Rorschach or something? :o:o

twight6
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:09 PM
What's going on in your avatar?!?! It's got me confuzed :o Is it like a Rorschach or something? :o:o

it's my friend and i :o

she's trying to untie a knot in my shorts with her teeth :shrug:... or, something like that... :angel: