PDA

View Full Version : If Justine isn't ranked #1 after YEC, do you think she'll be able to do it in 2007?

Uranus
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:07 PM
She has loads of points to defend early in the season (title at Sydney + F at AO).
Maria only has her SF at AO.
But the points will be much higher next year so if she can do the same she has a chance...

What do you think?

Stavie
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:08 PM
it depends on if she has an injury -free year :)

Mightymirza
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I dont care as long she wins the Chapionships :)

Aaron68
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I think that Maria will be #1 after the AO, and not relinquish it for a long, long time to be honest.

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I think she'll be able to get the #1 ranking at some point next season. She had an average clay season (for her:worship: ) and she can gain a lot of ground in the second half of the season. I'm not her biggest fan (far from it) but I think she has way too much talent to not be ranked #1 at some point.

Justine Fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I don't care ... as long as she stays healthy and can play and win, that's all I'm (as a fan) is concerned about! I just want her to be healthy and fit :inlove:

IceHock
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:05 PM
It will be hard for her with all 4 finals to defend, I actually like Amelie and Kim for number 1 along with Sharapova

Kitten63
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I don't care ... as long as she stays healthy and can play and win, that's all I'm (as a fan) is concerned about! I just want her to be healthy and fit :inlove:

i agree. i just want all my girls to be happy and healthy, a little sucess won't hurt though!

IceHock
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:10 PM
i agree. i just want all my girls to be happy and healthy, a little sucess won't hurt though!

Nothing to do with your post but I can't believe your 4 faves are basicly the best 4 in tennis.

Uranus
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I think she'll be able to get the #1 ranking at some point next season. She had an average clay season (for her:worship: ) and she can gain a lot of ground in the second half of the season. I'm not her biggest fan (far from it) but I think she has way too much talent to not be ranked #1 at some point.

I think Sharapova and Mauresmo are ahead of her now, until RG we could say she was the best player in the world, but then it got tougher to beat the best players. At AO she was amazing, but unfortunately injury in final...

IMO Amelie has little chances at regaining #1...

hu2891601
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:16 PM
She played the least tournmanet this year.. not just 1 or 2 less than other players.. and didn't play for two months, almost didn't play the entire US Open series, just played New Heaven...and people are still talking about how to prevent her from gaining #1... What's wrong with the field?

If she's ranked #10, given how many tournaments she played this year.. maybe that makes more sense.

franny
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:19 PM

Hasn't Justine been number 1 for like loads of weeks already?

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:23 PM
i'm more worried bout the YEC at the moment than this. but just as long as kim & my other faves stay healthy i'm happy.

thrust
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:29 PM
I am afraid that Justine, whom I love, has developed a confidence crisis in the more important matches. She made some poor choices at crucial times in the second set today, especially those horrible double faults in the tie break. Overall Justine, as well as Amelie, played a great match but towards the end it was Amelie who kept her cool and played her best. Again, a great match by the two most complete players in the game today.

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Hasn't Justine been number 1 for like loads of weeks already?

Yeah she has been #1 before...I should have said "has too much talent not to be ranked number one again"