Nov 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bellascarlett
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:28 PM
What is whirlpool player of the year? :lol:

But anyway, player of the year still sounds good so...:yeah:

Blu€
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:31 PM
How decides these awards? I mean Mauresmo 2 slams, Henin RG again for the second o third? dont remember year in a row, she wins US Open and she's the best? holy crap ! Not that i dont think she plays great and all that just that dont think she's the player of the year, I would have given it to her when she won Wimbledon not now!

watchdogfish
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:34 PM
What is whirlpool player of the year? :lol:

But anyway, player of the year still sounds good so...:yeah:

Here's a link :)

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=986

ClaudiaZ-S
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM
It's only for money :lol:

It's a big joke :haha:

bellascarlett
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:44 PM
thanks for the link. :)

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:05 PM
congrats maria

charmedRic
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
w00t!

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
congrats...how is it decided?

Kitten63
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:55 PM
i don't think it's for player of the year . i think juju won last year.

morningglory
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:58 PM
6th sense doesn't really exist; it's just luck and your ability to read minds... oh well... Masha won't refuse an award they are willing to hand to her... :lol:

esquímaux
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:00 PM
How decides these awards? I mean Mauresmo 2 slams, Henin RG again for the second o third? dont remember year in a row, she wins US Open and she's the best? holy crap ! Not that i dont think she plays great and all that just that dont think she's the player of the year, I would have given it to her when she won Wimbledon not now!Your english is grammatically cute :D

jazar
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
its supposedly about the player who has the most intuition, but making it a fan vote means its basically for peoples favorite player.

i was watching about it on eurosport and they had a guy interviewing maria about it and every question had the word intuition in, it was like 'what is this intuition? is intuituin innate? do you get more intuition the more you play? you keep winning, is it because of your intuition?'

esquímaux
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
i don't think it's for player of the year but something to do with who had the best sixth sense or something like that. i think juju won last year.:spit::haha: *DEATHNESS*

twight6
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
"Maria was one of the three world's top players short-listed for the award via an online competition organised by Whirlpool, Premier Sponsor of the Tour. The competition ran from March 2006 to October 2006 on www.eurosport.com, www.sonyericssonwtatour.com and www.whirlpool.eu.com. Over 54,000 people participated with over 15,000 voting for the three players they felt best reflected 6th sense intuition – sharp intelligence, unbeatable performance and pinpoint precision.

The three finalists chosen were Martina Hingis, Maria Sharapova and Amélie Mauresmo. From the finalists, Maria was chosen to receive the Award by an expert panel and the online voters from across Europe. The panel consisted of former World No. 1 and 14 time Grand Slam title winner – Arantxa Sanchez; Co-President of the International Tennis Writers"

Basically, she showed the best "sharp intelligence, unbeatable performance and pinpoint precision.". The world voted it down to three (Maria, Martina, and Amelie), then "expert panelists" picked the winner.

Kitten63
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:17 PM
:spit::haha: *DEATHNESS*

i know tha sounds so stupid! i edited my post too late.

KingA
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Who won't pick Maria?
She is the hottest player on the tour right now!!

So, will Maria get a deal to promote the washing machine for Whirlpool?

Pheobo
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:31 PM
...Why didn't Momo win?

Pheobo
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Who won't pick Maria?
She is the hottest player on the tour right now!!

So, will Maria get a deal to promote the washing machine for Whirlpool?

Umm...I wouldn't. Amelie won two slams this year.

Kart
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I saw it on eurosport as well - Maria cracked a joke about how she thought winning the award meant she had some psychic powers which I found hilarious :lol:.

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Masha :hearts:

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Does this mean she's out of the running for a new Kenmore Kitchen?