PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think it's a bit unfair?

Nickitos2006
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Justine won 2 matches, has 4-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.
Maria also won 2 matches, has 4-0 win/lost sets record. As a result – she still may not even reach semis…

Paul.
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM
thats the way it goes in round robin - its all dependant on other results

Justine Fan
Justine is the "chosen" one :angel: :lol:

shibster
yeah, it's very unfair. cos justine will not be guaranteed first place in the first place.

and also....mauresmo has a 1-1 record in matches, can finish 1st place in the group if she wins over justine. aw~~~~~ WTA is just so freaking unfair!

LoveFifteen
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Justine won 2 matches, has 3-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.
Maria also won 2 matches, has 4-0 win/lost sets record. As a result – she still may not even reach semis…

Justine's won/lost set record is 4-1.

-jenks-
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Justine won 2 matches, has 3-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.

If Amelie beats her, Amelie will be 1st.

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Are you sure? I thought she won both her matches by 1.5 sets to 0.5. :confused:

Nickitos2006
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM

Yeah, thx, but it doesn't really matter, Maria has the better win/lost rec. anyway.

griffin
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:09 PM
yeah, it's very unfair. cos justine will not be guaranteed first place in the first place.

and also....mauresmo has a 1-1 record in matches, can finish 1st place in the group if she wins over justine. aw~~~~~ WTA is just so freaking unfair!

If Amelie beats Justine, they'll both have the same record - with the same record and a win over Justine, how is it a travesty of justice if that makes her first in her group?

Nickitos2006
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:10 PM
If Amelie beats her, Amelie will be 1st.

Well, at least semis is guaranteed for Justine, while for Maria is not.

shibster
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM
some people, must be able....to read better.....sarcasm......than some other literally erroneous statements

griffin
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Some people...must remember....posters can't...see your eyes...roll ;)

RenaSlam.
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Allez.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Its not going to matter. I like MOMO...but...JUJU is just to good at the moment. :eek:

terjw
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Justine won 2 matches, has 4-1 win/lost sets record. As a result: 1-st place in her group is guaranteed for her.

No I think it's perfectly fair.

First of all - it's only a tiny theoretical Mathematical possibility that Maria won't make the semis. But come on - do you really think in practice there's the remotest possibility in practice. Too many ridiculously unlikely things have to happen. Secondly - even if the unbelievable happened and she didn't get through - I'd say that then she wouldn't then deserve to go through since she would have had to fold really badly in a one-sided 2-setter against Kuzy.

Actually I'm glad Maria is not 100% through yet and her match is before Kim vs Lena. She knows she needs to try harder than she did in her last round robin match last year to guarantee her place.

Nickitos2006
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:15 PM
No I think it's perfectly fair.

First of all - it's only a tiny theoretical Mathematical possibility that Maria won't make the semis. But come on - do you really think in practice there's the remotest possibility in practice. Too many ridiculously unlikely things have to happen. Secondly - even if the unbelievable happened and she didn't get through - I'd say that then she wouldn't then deserve to go through since she would have had to fold really badly in a one-sided 2-setter against Kuzy.

Actually I'm glad Maria is not 100% through yet and her match is before Kim vs Lena. She knows she needs to try harder than she did in her last round robin match last year to guarantee her place.

Well, yeah, I agree, but at the same time Maria won’t have the possibility to save her energy for the semis, while Justine will. And from this point of view it’s unfair, since Maria has the better win/lost indexes and supposedly she should’ve had more freedom of choice, how hard to try playing her last match in round robin.
Anyway, thanks for your opinion :)

darrinbaker00
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM
some people, must be able....to read better.....sarcasm......than some other literally erroneous statements
Sarcasm is easy to miss when it isn't funny. ;)

shibster
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM
i'm so glad that justine gets to save all her energy for the SF. and get hammered by mauresmo right now. wow, that's lotsa energies saved.

and also, she is tanking right now yeh? she must have heeded the call by the GMers.

-Sonic-
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Re: Don't you think it's a bit unfair?

No.

faboozadoo15
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:22 PM
well dementieva is everyone's bitch, so beating her did nothing for anyone. so basically maria's only credit is a great win against clijsters. if everyone else nothces another win against someone, that's just the way it goes.

mauresmo getting thrashed by petrova really upset the applecart so to speak on the other side. that really shouldn't have happened based on how mauresmo played hingis. it's one messed up situation on the other side.

but still, if maria plays really shitty tennis, detractors would say she didn't deserve it in the first place. she has to win like 5 games against kuz. and with how kuz played against kim, it shouldnt be difficult.

Nickitos2006
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
i'm so glad that justine gets to save all her energy for the SF. and get hammered by mauresmo right now. wow, that's lotsa energies saved.

Well, it’s only Justine’s decision - how hard to try, playing Amelie, isn’t it? I just said it should’ve been Masha who should’ve had the freedom of choice how hard to try, cos Maria has the best stats among all the players. That’s it.

Nickitos2006
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:40 PM
. she has to win like 5 games against kuz. and with how kuz played against kim, it shouldnt be difficult.

Well, yeah, but Sveta is a very tough opponent for tired Masha. So everything is possible.