PDA

View Full Version : Why does Maria fail at call challenges?

bis2806
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:07 AM
You've seen it at the US Open - the countless number of times she fails to make a successful challenge. In the match against Kim at YEC, the same thing happened. Is there an explanation to this?

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:08 AM
actually her challenge over a call against kim was right i think & not wrong.

Kunal
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:10 AM
poor vision

bis2806
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:22 AM
In the second last game, Kim served on the deuce side and her service was in. It was even right on the line. Sharapova yelled, "no no no no no" when she tried to retrieve that serve :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:31 AM
i've never understood what the big deal was. sharapova isn't the type of player that complains about a lot of calls or infers her matches were affected by them (even though she was ROBBED in the ao semi). she challenges calls to use the technology and get some validation on close calls. that's what it's there for. it also helps her mentally to know the linespeople are doing their jobs. why not challenge a few calls?

Andy.
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
i've never understood what the big deal was. sharapova isn't the type of player that complains about a lot of calls or infers her matches were affected by them (even though she was ROBBED in the ao semi). she challenges calls to use the technology and get some validation on close calls. that's what it's there for. it also helps her mentally to know the linespeople are doing their jobs. why not challenge a few calls?
:worship: Well said

denisgiann
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Cause she has to fail at something;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
The ironic thing was that she won the Whirlpool Award... which relates to the "6th Sense"... :tape:

Dementinator
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Because shes always fucking wrong ,hell its not hard to understand ,if she is right she will win the challenge... if she aint ,then she loses it ,simple system...

Stavie
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:16 PM
The ironic thing was that she won the Whirlpool Award... which relates to the "6th Sense"... :tape:

:spit::lol:

Bijoux0021
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Sharapova has a cheater's mentality. So more often than not, she's going to fail at call challenges.

bellascarlett
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Are we going to make a big deal about this as well? :rolleyes:

Maria was potentially robbed of huge wins because of bad line calls before the electronic system was put in place, she most of the time is just appeasing herself that the call was indeed good so as not to put her at a disadvantage. A bad line call or a call you may not be so confident in (especially at impt moments) affects you mentally and eventually your game - we've seen it happen many times over - so if the system is there for her to use, then why not?!!...

At least I've never seen her waste calls at the most inappropriate of times (marat for example)...if you still have 2 left and are at a crucial stage of the match...i don't see why you won't use it.

Anyway, another attempt at hatred and reputation-tainting from bis, this much is obvious.

pooh14
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:39 PM
ok, i do not like sharapova, but i don't think this is any big deal at all.

so what if she makes a wrong challenge. she is the one losing her chance, not the opponent. there is no harm trying to call a challenge even if you think you are 10% right.

random fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Basically she doesn't bother to challange points early in the sets even if there is enough chance she could be right. And late in the set when it really matters she challanges calls just in case and often fails

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Big deal :rolleyes:

tenn_ace
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
kill the bitch

:rolleyes:

TJL
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM
LOL Countless times at US Open? Well maybe you can't count that high, but for most people three challenges is not too high number to count. And she was right on one out of three in US Open. That was pretty average. Not that good, but definetely not that bad either.

IMO there's nothing wrong about using challenges. If you're wrong no big deal. But if you are objective you might start threads about Dementieva 1/5 in US Open or Peer, Peng (0/2) etc. But then again nobody can blame you being objective.

SelesFan70
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Yuri has a secret deal with the electronic system owner that every time Maria makes them use the system he gets $100,000. :o

random fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Yuri has a secret deal with the electronic system owner that every time Maria makes them use the system he gets $100,000. :o

:haha:

jacobruiz
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Maria was right in a challenge against Kim but she uses most of her challenges near the end of a set just to use them up. Nothing wrong with that.:shrug: