PDA

View Full Version : YEC: "Russian v Russian = Russia Wins" Match - Maria vs Svetlana. Who will win this?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Maria is virtually in the semifinals, and is hoping to continue her winning streak. As for Svetlana, she will have to beat Maria and hope Clijsters lose to Dementieva in order to qualify.

So, will the Siberian Tigress roar on, or will the Iron Maiden of Russia (Sveta) take the win?

You decide :wavey:

shad9480
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:58 AM
The Siberian tigress will eat the heart of the "mousy" Russian...bones and all
Masha :worship: :hearts: :hearts:

metamorpha
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:21 AM
The Siberian tigress will roar all her way and eat the iron maiden....

Wayn77
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:32 AM
The iron maiden with the new trendy hair-do will turn the power up to the MAX and roar into the semi-finals.

mboyle
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:56 AM
If Svetlana wins, it will definitely be unexpected. I think Maria is favored, especially indoors. However, in my ideal scenario, Svetlana would beat Maria in straight sets and Kim would win in straight sets, but Maria would win enough games to make the semis. That way, Maria would face Justine (who will beat Amelie) and Martina will face Kim. Ideally, then, we would have a Martina vs. Maria final, meaning Martina would end up top five and Maria would end up no.1.

Sharakim
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Maria's spot in the semis isn't 100% locked in yet. Maria is well rested after having a day off between matches. Maria will win this match - either in two sets or three - it doesn't matter, she wins over Kuzzy.

morningglory
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Masha's not certain of her SF, therefore, she'll take the match seriously and come of with some baked goods down Svetlana's throat! Just you wait and see! ;)

Buitenzorg
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Maria 6-4 6-1

Stroba
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I think Maria will take this match seriously and probarbly win in straight sets. As I see it Maria can´t afford to tank this match just to be second in her group since the Kim - Elena match is scheduled last. It could backfire and she would be out of the tournament.

ioni
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:45 AM
it will be enough to take one set from her so maria will advance in semis but why not taking the all thing i would say masha in 2 sets :)

jazar
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:55 AM
maria has quite hit top gear yet and sveta hit pretty much bottom gear last night. sveta will improve her performance, but sharapova will win in 2. its gonna be 6-3, 6-2.

mandynyuna
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I think Kuzzy will give Maria quite a tough game because she definitely wants to go to the semis. But then again Maria should have enough to overcome Kuzzy.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:45 AM
sveta-cos im a stupid faithful fan :weirdo:

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:54 AM
maria will win this one i must say as she is the one in form, but sveta won't make it easy 4 her though as she is determined 2 make the semis too so maria in 2 tight sets. i hope maria wins this one so that if kim wins over lena then both of them will be in the semis. sorry sveta, there's not enough room 4u even if my sig says i support u, but also support maria too.

Sharakim
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:58 AM
maria will win this one i must say as she is the one in form, but sveta won't make it easy 4 her though as she is determined 2 make the semis too so maria in 2 tight sets. i hope maria wins this one so that if kim wins over lena then both of them will be in the semis. sorry sveta, there's not enough room 4u even if my sig says i support u, but also support maria too.The funniest thing is you and I have the same two faves except they're in reverse order. Your #1 is Kim, my #1 is Maria and #2 is Kim. Go figure. :)

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Go Sveta