PDA

View Full Version : Video of Jelena Dokic at current tournmament!

Dokic Pierce
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks to one of the posters in the Dokic forum who attended her latest match!

Looking good!

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/TeddiD/?action=view&current=dokic.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Havok
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I love you Jelena :hearts:!!! Wow that was so refreshing to see. SHOO!!!!!

pierce0415
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:36 PM
LOL at the orange court surface
but she looks good

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Nihil is the poster who attended the tournament, so a huge thanks to him. Jelena does look quite good, and it's lovely to watch and hear her strike the ball. :hearts:

SHOO!!!! :armed:

Jeff
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Thank you Nihil for recording this :wavey:

TF Chipmunk
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:05 AM
They have to pick up their own balls :eek: and do they call their own lines too?! I didn't know this :p

Dokic Pierce
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:18 AM
They have to pick up their own balls :eek: and do they call their own lines too?! I didn't know this :p

More exercise for Jelena ;) :p

K-Dog
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Jelena looks good out there. She seems to be fit and striking the ball with authority. Hopefully she gets her confidence where it needs to be again to compete on the big stage because she is such a lovely player to watch.

Philip
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Jelena :D i really really really really wanna see you on tv again...

Dokic Pierce
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Jelena :D i really really really really wanna see you on tv again...

Me too!:bounce:

Mattographer
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Most challenger events do like that even the ones Anna Kournikova played in her last season as well ;)

Dominic
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Most challenger events do like that even the ones Anna Kournikova played in her last season as well ;)

I dont get how that can be possible. the players must cheat all the time?

AyumiMorita
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:18 AM
she serves and she lands inside the court but she retreats so far back
if she wants to win, shes gonna need to stand closer to that baseline
hopefully that'll come with more wins

Erika_Angel
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:23 AM
she serves and she lands inside the court but she retreats so far back
if she wants to win, shes gonna need to stand closer to that baseline
hopefully that'll come with more wins

The return landed on the baseline .... of course she would have to retreat behind the baseline.

brent-o
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Can someone describe Dokic's game to me? I don't remember her much, but apparently she was at the top of the game a few years back. From the video, looks like she's got a good forehand.

Erika_Angel
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Can someone describe Dokic's game to me? I don't remember her much, but apparently she was at the top of the game a few years back. From the video, looks like she's got a good forehand.

She is a ball basher pretty much. She has a great forehand and backhand, hits them both deep with alot of firepower. Tends to go for the lines, and can hit amazing winners from all over the court. UE count is high due to her style of play. Serve is mediocre ... it isn't terrible, but it isn't great, it is just to start play basically. Has a powerful 2nd serve basically because there isn't much difference in her 1st and 2nd, resulting in some DFs once in a while (more frequently when she was playing bad).

She USED to hit some great drop shots and venture to the net when she was younger, however she seems to have stuck herself mostly on the baseline during her best years. She didn't come into net often, however she was never afraid to slam a drive volley winner from a floating return ... it was a trademark shot of hers.

She is amazing to watch :hearts: However critics stated that Jelena had no Plan B ... that when her game wasn't working she just tried to hit harder.

AyumiMorita
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:06 AM
The return landed on the baseline .... of course she would have to retreat behind the baseline.

but even her match against razzano
she stayed way behind the baseline
im just saying that she used to play closer and won

Erika_Angel
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:10 AM
but even her match against razzano
she stayed way behind the baseline
im just saying that she used to play closer and won

Well to be fair Razzano is a hard hitter too. Most players stand a fair bit back behind the baseline when playing hard hitters (as Hofmanova seems to be and Razzano is). We arn't sure how Jelena plays against non-hardhitters. I doubt she would be that far behind the baseline for players whose shots arnt as hard though.

hdfb
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:17 AM
She is amazing to watch :hearts: However critics stated that Jelena had no Plan B ... that when her game wasn't working she just tried to hit harder.

Yeh that's sort of like Maria...... But Jelena is still good, when she's on, she is damn good. Her dropshot is just :drool:

She could definitely improve her serve though. It's the way she angles her body that lessens the power she can get on the serve...... First serves are like 150-160km/h usually, 2nd serves are 140, quite high compared to the first serve, hence more DF's.....

Also from watching many Dokic's matches, when she starts to lose, she rushes a lot, especially after making a first serve fault she hurries into the 2nd one when she's down. :o

Oh well, THANKS SO MUCH for the video. Haven't seen her in action in ages!

hdfb
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Well to be fair Razzano is a hard hitter too. Most players stand a fair bit back behind the baseline when playing hard hitters (as Hofmanova seems to be and Razzano is). We arn't sure how Jelena plays against non-hardhitters. I doubt she would be that far behind the baseline for players whose shots arnt as hard though.

I was at the Razzano vs Dokic match...... Razzano hit no where near as hard as Dokic does..... or maybe my eyes were too mesmerised on Dokic to notice..... but I seriously believe Razzano doesn't even compare to Dokic...... In fact, I sometimes wonder how Razzan wins her matches.... she doesn't seem to have weapons...

Erika_Angel
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I was at the Razzano vs Dokic match...... Razzano hit no where near as hard as Dokic does..... or maybe my eyes were too mesmerised on Dokic to notice..... but I seriously believe Razzano doesn't even compare to Dokic...... In fact, I sometimes wonder how Razzan wins her matches.... she doesn't seem to have weapons...

Yeh, not many match Jelena's power ;) ... But I'm fairly certain that somehow Razzano is considered a hard hitter.

brent-o
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:27 AM
She is a ball basher pretty much. She has a great forehand and backhand, hits them both deep with alot of firepower. Tends to go for the lines, and can hit amazing winners from all over the court. UE count is high due to her style of play. Serve is mediocre ... it isn't terrible, but it isn't great, it is just to start play basically. Has a powerful 2nd serve basically because there isn't much difference in her 1st and 2nd, resulting in some DFs once in a while (more frequently when she was playing bad).

She USED to hit some great drop shots and venture to the net when she was younger, however she seems to have stuck herself mostly on the baseline during her best years. She didn't come into net often, however she was never afraid to slam a drive volley winner from a floating return ... it was a trademark shot of hers.

:yeah: Thanks! Nice analysis. She sounds fun to watch. I hope she returns to the top of the game.

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:47 AM
If Hingis can make it back, Dokic can too.

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:59 AM
great video. nice 2 see jelena playing again in actual life 4 a change & she seems 2 be hitting the ball very well & playing some great shots from the baseline. thanks 2 the person who sent the video, can't remember the name but i thank him/her :worship:

one thing i hope that jelena can work on is the serve & make it as a weapon so that she can earn cheap pts quickly & also when she is in a losing situation not to panic or rush but actually to take her time & not to try & hit harder because she will overhit. but however just as long as she is playing & enjoying life again then that makes me happy no matter what. everything is bonus 4 her now.

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Razzano wins her matches by consistency which means doesn't committ a lot of UF's & places the ball well with some pace i believe. she just trys & outmanouvres u with her consistency & placement. but jelena does hit the ball 4x harder than her though which i reckon is much a better game style than razzano 4 me personally. but razzano's gamestyle is actually quite good but jelena's is better i believe personally.

So Disrespectful
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:11 AM
She is moving surprisingly well. Her movement has always been underrated, it's up there with the best.

Just Do It
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:39 PM
:hearts:

Kunal
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:41 PM
good to see her strike the ball

DokicForever
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Jelena wow. Shoo is back!!!! lol so good to see!!

<!Society!>
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:04 PM
She is moving surprisingly well. Her movement has always been underrated, it's up there with the best.

in all fairness, you can hardly tell how good her movement is from that clip, she barely has to move to hit all 3 / 4 shots except for a slight ruffle to her left to hit the backhand.

hdfb
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:48 PM

I'm a fan... but I'd be very reluctant to say it's "up there with the best"... You can't compare her to the likes of the Williams Sisters in this department...

Wojtek
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM

in 10k they don't. Maybe in the 1/2 and final they have ballboys etc.

crazillo
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Quite nice.

crazillo
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I'm a fan... but I'd be very reluctant to say it's "up there with the best"... You can't compare her to the likes of the Williams Sisters in this department...

You don't wanna tell me now that the willy sisters have the best movement do you?

AK-DH Fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:41 PM

Yeah I havbe to agree with you there, Jelena moves well side to side but definately not up and back. I'd never call her a quick mover, but she's definately not slow. Some where in the middle I'd say.

Thanx for the video Dokic Pierce,
odd how quiet it is in there, And I can't get over the no ball boy thing. Props Jelena

Nihil
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:33 PM

the chair umpire is doing the line calls, pretty hard to see everything from up there, but that's the way it is.

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I really think she has shot at a comeback in top 10. She is so talented not to compete in a high level.

Nihil
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:20 PM
btw here is the video in a better XVid-version, about 2 megs
http://rapidshare.com/files/2708595/dokic.avi.html

vutt
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:16 PM
btw here is the video in a better XVid-version, about 2 megs
http://rapidshare.com/files/2708595/dokic.avi.html

Thanks a lot better quality!

!<blocparty>!
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:21 PM
:sad: that is had to come to this.

Get back into the top 100, Jelena. :)

Paul.
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM
mother of god the applause is deafening!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Nihil, any little clips from the match vs Jolk? And are you going to be attending the semis and/or finals also?

Thanks so much for your contributions! :yeah: