PDA

View Full Version : YEC: "Destiny In My Hands" Match - Kim Clijsters vs Elena Dementieva. Who will win?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Clijsters' have one foot in the SF now, and a win will virtually assure that. But Dementieva still has a mathematical chance to qualify too and will fight Clijsters all the way.

So, will Clijsters sail through... or will Dementieva sprung up a surprise?

You decide :wavey:

DragonFlame
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:35 PM
technically this isn't true yet. She's not sure with a win(she will know before the match though since maria and svetlana play earlier) If kuznetsova also wins her match maria, kim and svetlana will be in a 3-way. All won 2 matches then, thus making the h2hrule have no impact and sets and games will be counted then.

UncleZeke
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Since Mommy Vera is a teacher, maybe after she dresses Elena, she will also teach her how to serve, before Friday's match, and then again, maybe not.
I voted that Kim will win ..

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:50 PM
technically this isn't true yet. She's not sure with a win(she will know before the match though since maria and svetlana play earlier) If kuznetsova also wins her match maria, kim and svetlana will be in a 3-way. All won 2 matches then, thus making the h2hrule have no impact and sets and games will be counted then.

Oh yeah... I've recalculated the figures, and you're right.... sorry!!! :wavey:

.ivy.
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I hope Lena. It would be really bad for her to lose all three matches.

Nicky2002
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Kimmy in 2 yeh!!

DragonFlame
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah... I've recalculated the figures, and you're right.... sorry!!! :wavey:

it's ok, i know you spent time on calculating things and read the boards instead of some people so i don't mind. i made 1 mistake as well in an other thread lol :) :wavey: can't wait for tomorrow!^^

Sharakim
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Dementieva has been a walking doormat at the WTA championships for the last 5-6 years. She's already been stepped on by her fellow Russians Sharapova and Kuznetsova. Tommorow will be no different, Clijsters is probably feeling very confident after destroying Kuzzy. As long as she doesn't choke, this match goes to the Belgian 6-2 6-2.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Hasn't Kim bitch slapped Dementieva in their head-to-head pretty much?
I pick Kim.

streag
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Kimmy will want to avoid Justine in the SFs. So it may depend on who wins in the first two matches today.

Buitenzorg
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Kim 6-4 6-1

ctan88
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:34 AM
I think the match will go to three sets - Elena has nothing to lose, and im sure she'd like a win at these Championships before she leaves Madrid ... and Elena has posed a threat to Kim in their last couple of matches (didnt Elena win their Fed Cup match easily this year?) Anyway i see Kim winning it 63, 46, 63 :) GO KIM!

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Kim will thrash lena in strai8 sets easily!

selyoink
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Clijsters is almost certain to win this match. I hope Lena can somehow prevail.