PDA

View Full Version : YEC: "Do-or-Die" Match - "I Must Win" Amelie vs "I Want Revenge" Justine. Who wins?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM
This is it, guys and girls. The match everyone is waiting for. :lick:

Amelie must win this match to qualify with Justine, or else Hingis will take over her spot. However, Justine will not back out so easily and would want revenge on her 2 losses in the AO and Wimbledon finals this year.

So, will Amelie continue on her quest in the SF... or will Justine force her to pack her bags home?

You decide :wavey:

Wayn77
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM
World No. 1 Mauresmo has got a taste for the action again, and will take out the gritty Belgian in competitive straight sets.

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I do think Justine wants to win this match, but so does Amelie of course. Based on current form, I think JuJu will win this match.

A'DAM
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I hope JUJU wins that...

Sorry Amelie

Liliana
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
God, I really hope momo wins......please WIN!!!

Orion
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:04 PM
I'm going with Amelie, although I won't be shocked if she loses. Amelie is the best player at taking it to Justine, and she's going to WANT this title bad. I mean seriously, three of the five top titles of the year? Who would question her as player of the year?

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I'm going with Amelie, although I won't be shocked if she loses. Amelie is the best player at taking it to Justine, and she's going to WANT this title bad. I mean seriously, three of the five top titles of the year? Who would question her as player of the year?

Sharapova? :devil:

laurie
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Too close to call. Hope Amelie wins

mr_burns
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM
justine won't fight till the end...
it will go 63 63 for justine

or 36 76 62 for amlie

I am sure juju will win the first set, it all depends on amelies fighting sprirt

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:32 PM
justine won't fight till the end...
it will go 63 63 for justine

or 36 76 62 for amlie

I am sure juju will win the first set, it all depends on amelies fighting sprirt

Bold Prediction. Good on ya :yeah:

alfonsojose
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Go, Juju. I want Hingis against Maria in semis :devil:

Sharakim
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Henin-Hardenne is still fuming over those two slam losses this year, plus she seems to be playing OK right now, I think she'll beat Ameile in 3.

Mattographer
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:59 PM
I don't want to see Horseteeth in SF so I'm going for Amelie! :devil:

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Interview by JHH on her website:

"I will continue to live from day to day. It's what I've been doing really well here. It gave me alot of pleasure being on court in these last two matches. I'll continue without pausing, or asking questions of myself. I have alot of motivation. I give all of myself within the context of the highs and lows, but that's the way it is. I will try to concentrate on myself, and all the positive things. Tomorrow's match may determine the first place of the group or not, but I will give it my best again. I have a semi-final to prepare, and to win another match can only bring me more confidence" - Justine

Oh I just love this woman .. she always keeps us updated :inlove:

Buitenzorg
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Justine 6-3 6-2

pooh14
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Interview by JHH on her website:

"I will continue to live from day to day. It's what I've been doing really well here. It gave me alot of pleasure being on court in these last two matches. I'll continue without pausing, or asking questions of myself. I have alot of motivation. I give all of myself within the context of the highs and lows, but that's the way it is. I will try to concentrate on myself, and all the positive things. Tomorrow's match may determine the first place of the group or not, but I will give it my best again. I have a semi-final to prepare, and to win another match can only bring me more confidence" - Justine

Oh I just love this woman .. she always keeps us updated :inlove:

dude, you better beat amelie for 2 reasons :

reason no1, i want hingis in the semis
reason no2, if you are 2nd in the group, you will face maria, and seeing maria's form, it would be much better to face another player in the semis, so that you can qualify for finals and end year as #no1. you deserve the #no1 spot more then maria.

please dude, i have never prayed for you to win, till this match. please win.

einna
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:32 PM
justine 6-4, 6-4

Blu€
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:33 PM
If Juju loses I'll hate her forever, I want Hingis in the semis, she's definitely offered the best matches of the Championships!

Kworb
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Mauresmo d. Henin-Hardenne 3-0 ret.

DavidEllul
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:53 AM

better shut the f**k up :fiery: :fiery: :(

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:45 AM

If that happens, your fave Martina will be out of the tournament.

Martian Stacey
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Justine better win! :lol:

j-fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:04 AM
If Juju loses I'll hate her forever, I want Hingis in the semis, she's definitely offered the best matches of the Championships!

Just curious, why would you hate Juju forever if she looses? Why won't you hate Amelie forever if she wins?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

franny
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:15 AM
I hope Justine realizes how important this match is for her. If not, and she comes out and tanks it, I will travel to Madrid and kick her ass. I want Martina in the semis!!!

PLP
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I hope Justine realizes how important this match is for her. If not, and she comes out and tanks it, I will travel to Madrid and kick her ass. I want Martina in the semis!!!

:lol: Please do...that would be hilarious!

cellophane
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:18 AM

You mean "for you". :p

Wayn77
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:19 AM
:tape: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool:

brent-o
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:22 AM
I dunno, I think Justine may not try her hardest to be fresh for her semi. I hope she proves me wrong.

j-fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:24 AM

Same comment, why don't you kick Amelie if she wins?

northern lad
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:29 AM
i think it all depends on amelie. if she plays like she did in the 2nd set against hingis then i think she can take justine. if she plays like the first set or the end of the 3rd against hingis then i think justine will destroy her.

whatever the outcome i'll be happy because either amelie or martina are going to the SF:)

Kworb
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:48 AM
If that happens, your fave Martina will be out of the tournament.
I know :sad:

moby
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Just curious, why would you hate Juju forever if she looses? Why won't you hate Amelie forever if she wins?

:confused: :confused: :confused:Same comment, why don't you kick Amelie if she wins?Clearly, everyone thinks the match is in Justine's hands and she can win or lose at will. ;)

Or maybe they just mean if she tanks it. But she won't. Justine doesn't tank matches (she'd rather retire if she can't carry on than disgrace herself by spewing UEs to end the match quickly), and even if she does, Amelie would be the last person she'll tank a match against.

anlavalle
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:13 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: Go momo

rrfnpump
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:00 AM
It wouldnt be the first time Justine tanks a dead rubber for her...

I dont think she cares about her H2H against Amelie, she wants to win this YEC, she wants to be No1, so she definitely wont give 100%

Kworb
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Justine doesn't tank matches
Championships Nov 9 2003
RR J Henin-Hardenne(2) - A Myskina(5) 7-5 5-7 7-5
RR J Henin-Hardenne(2) - J Capriati(3) 6-2 6-1
RR A Sugiyama(7) - J Henin-Hardenne(2) 6-2 6-4

*Jean*
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Justine, if you have a heart, let Amélie win :p

BARBIE
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Amelie will win in three sets

miss_molik
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Juju will win!!!!!!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Justine, if you have a heart, let Amélie win :p

Justine, if you heard that, it's only a figure in your imagination :p

ioni
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:30 AM
amelie in 3 sets ;)

lecciones
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:40 AM
JHH go for the win!!! Revenge is sweet especially if its for grandslams. Also, It would be thrice as sweet seeing that Martina will get to SF and that if she meets Sharapova she will give her a hard time - all good for you JHH!!! So go do it! Be a professional! Enter every match like you mean to win it all!!!!!!!!!!

jazar
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:46 AM
juju will win if she wants to, but she might decide to save energy for the semis. afterall if she wins her semi she is world #1 and thats what she deserves to get.
i think she should go for the win. she is a more talented player than momo and she wants to get revenge.

Allez-H
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Championships Nov 9 2003
RR J Henin-Hardenne(2) - A Myskina(5) 7-5 5-7 7-5
RR J Henin-Hardenne(2) - J Capriati(3) 6-2 6-1
RR A Sugiyama(7) - J Henin-Hardenne(2) 6-2 6-4

That's extremely dissrespectful towards Sugi. She had her best year back then and she fully deserved to win that match.

Piotr'ek
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Amelie got no chances :)

dal
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:37 AM
allez amelie we're with you all the way!!

i guess you know who i voted for!!

Bowser
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:43 AM
allez Justine! Please win!!!!!! :D

Asif_Nawaz
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:44 AM
JuJu smashes Momo 6-2,6-1

OR

6-2,6-7(5),6-3

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Justine i have a feeling win crush Amelie in strai8 sets.

Grohl
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Justine will take her down in 2

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Good luck Ame

sapir1434
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Allez Amelie!!!

Natalicious
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:22 AM
amelie in straight sets :worship:

galadriel
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Good Luck Momo :D

chris whiteside
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:17 AM
If everything was equal then it would be a tough call.

What I don't understand is how everyone seems to be downplaying Amelie's injury which is largely dictating her poor results at the minute and it is likely that Justine will win this pretty comfortably.

But yet again everything is going against Justine. It would have been to her advantage to have been in the same group as Miss Sharapova so she could avoid her in the semis. Furthermore Miss Sharapova gets to play her match AFTER Justine so she has the chance to manipulate her result as to whom she wants to play in the semi.

Stavie
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Justine of course!

Revenge is a better motivation than need!Always

Mileen
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I don't want to see Horseteeth in SF so I'm going for Amelie! :devil:

To be honest, I don't want to see nude guy men in your avatar.

Mileen
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:41 AM
JHH go for the win!!! Revenge is sweet especially if its for grandslams. Also, It would be thrice as sweet seeing that Martina will get to SF and that if she meets Sharapova she will give her a hard time - all good for you JHH!!! So go do it! Be a professional! Enter every match like you mean to win it all!!!!!!!!!!

That's precisely what she does and said in the interview right before her match against Nadia.

Shoulderpova
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I hope Amelie takes this one and finish first in her group and Henin with 2nd place will face Maria, who will likely finish top in Red Group :)

Uranus
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Justine in 2, sth like 6/4 6/4.

Mileen
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:53 AM
That's extremely dissrespectful towards Sugi. She had her best year back then and she fully deserved to win that match.

Agree! Furthermore, such a statement is completely devoid of tennis insight and completely lacking of any knowledge about Justine as well as her tennis. I wonder why the Dutch are always the first ones with commentary on the Belgian players, the first ones to deny the Belgian girls are true world's top players, and above all perceive with huge selective misperception (including Dutch commentators during matches the Belgians play).
I should make a statistic with the amount of Dutch posts on this board and the percentage of those posts that are about the Belgian players.

hwanmig
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Go Amelie, show Justine who's the boss.

Yasmine
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:02 AM
:lol: so people want justine to win for different reasons :rolls:

Let me make it easy for you all: Amélie will win that one :banana: :devil:

:lol:

Stavie
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:09 AM
:lol: so people want justine to win for different reasons :rolls:

Let me make it easy for you all: Amélie will win that one :banana: :devil:

:lol:

:spit: :lol:
haha!you made my day with this joke !:lol:

narrisch
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Allez Amelie,but i think Justine will win...

Kworb
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Agree! Furthermore, such a statement is completely devoid of tennis insight and completely lacking of any knowledge about Justine as well as her tennis. I wonder why the Dutch are always the first ones with commentary on the Belgian players, the first ones to deny the Belgian girls are true world's top players, and above all perceive with huge selective misperception (including Dutch commentators during matches the Belgians play).
I should make a statistic with the amount of Dutch posts on this board and the percentage of those posts that are about the Belgian players.
Actually I like Justine and Kim a lot. Definitely more than Misa, the "hope" of Dutch tennis. :rolleyes: I think Justine is the best female player ever. If her body wasn't so fragile she'd dominate Roger-style.

But I'm realistic. I doubt Justine will give everything, knowing she has two more matches to go (best case scenario) tomorrow and the day after.

cheo23
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
GET u're REVENGE QUEEN JUSTINE....My bitchy ass Martina Hingis couldn't DEFEAT HER this year!!! :rolleyes: :weirdo: :smash:

SERVE...I'm goin w/ QUEEN JUSTINE

RETURNS...QUEEN JUSTINE

Backhands...50-50

Forehands...QUEEN JUSTINE

Movement/volleys....hard to say...I'll go w/ Mauresmo

Mental toughness...QUEEN JUSTINE

LONG ASS RALLIES FAVOR Mauresmo

short rallies QUEEN JUSTINE

I'm predictin a tough, tight match filled UES & alot of breaks....go QUEEN JUSTINE!!!!!

RenaSlam.
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:29 PM
It's 3-3 right now, and Justine is hitting the ball very well.

Justine in two.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:37 PM
5-4... next service game is by Justine... don't waste it now!

freeandlonely
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I hope Justine Henin-Hardenne win
Because I like her

shirley
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:25 PM
justine will win this match

Kworb
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm eating my words right now. Justine's not giving up!

narrisch
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Allez Amelie,but i think Justine will win...
i´m sooooooooooo sorry :angel: :bounce:
Ame :worship:

Kworb
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I'm eating my words right now. Justine's not giving up!
Never mind :tape:

Wayn77
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:20 PM
World No. 1 Mauresmo has got a taste for the action again, and will take out the gritty Belgian in competitive straight sets.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Ceze
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:it was not in straight sets, but :worship:

swiss
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
:lol: =:lol:

Wayn77
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:53 PM
it was not in straight sets, but :worship:

I know - just pleased I correctly predicted Amelie to continue beating Henin in 2006 :drool: :drool:

Ceze
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I know - just pleased I correctly predicted Amelie to continue beating Henin in 2006 :drool: :drool:yes, me too :hearts:

Mileen
Nov 11th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Actually I like Justine and Kim a lot. Definitely more than Misa, the "hope" of Dutch tennis. :rolleyes: I think Justine is the best female player ever. If her body wasn't so fragile she'd dominate Roger-style.

But I'm realistic. I doubt Justine will give everything, knowing she has two more matches to go (best case scenario) tomorrow and the day after.

Okay, thanks for explaining. But beforehand (? right word), Justine will NEVER think to tank in a match, she is like all the girls professional and wants to win. But you ARE right INDEED, she did tank in the third set, in this pool system.