PDA

View Full Version : Nadia will make changes in her team again

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Sleepy Nadia glad it's over

From Simon Baskett in Madrid
November 10, 2006
WORLD No.5 Nadia Petrova blamed the late hour of the matches for tiredness that contributed to her second consecutive defeat and exit from the WTA championship today (AEDT).
"I think all the players are not happy with the scheduling," said the Russian after losing 6-4 6-4 to Justine Henin-Hardenne.
"Matches are starting very late at 10pm and it's really difficult when you have to come out and play the next day.
"It would have been nice to have the matches earlier so that we could have time to recover. I finished playing at midnight and by the time I got back to the hotel it was almost 2am."
Petrova won her opening match with defending champion Amelie Mauresmo, but lost out to Martina Hingis in a tough three-setter the following evening with a post-midnight finish.
"After a match like yesterday's you have to do some recovery stuff and take care of your body and by the time you get to bed it is early morning.
"I feel I didn't do enough because I wasn't 100 percent and it is not good for the players or for the spectators."
Defeat by Henin-Hardenne and a victory for Mauresmo in her match with Hingis means Petrova has no chance of making the semis, but she said she is just relieved to have a rest after completing her round-robin matches.
"I think I'm quite happy to have an early night and a good night's sleep," she said.
Petrova, who has won five tournaments this year but also had to contend with a troublesome hip injury, said her disappointment had been compounded by problems with her support team.
"There are some things going on in my team which are a bit frustrating," she said. "I had thought that I had the right people around me but now they are not really fitting together and they are having some arguments. :help:
"I changed three or four coaches and went through a difficult time during the (northern) summer and things are not very good at the moment. I want to put everything right and step into 2007 in a positive way." :cool:
Agence France-Presse

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Cry me a river. Just beat Martina in straight sets and go to bed early.

UncleZeke
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:43 PM
So, the real question is, who's the problem child on the "support team" ?

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:48 PM
So, the real question is, who's the problem child on the "support team" ?
Nadia is always searching for the perfect situation.

pigam
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I read this too.
well she's the only one who can make a good decision. it's important to have a good entourage...

vogus
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:53 PM
she shouldn't have fired the Polish guy imo, he did a good job. Now she brought in a few different people who don't know each other and surprise surprise, they aren't getting along. I forgot the name of the current male hitting partner.

A'DAM
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:11 PM
:rolleyes: Classless...

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:18 PM
There is no job security if you are working for Nadia

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Cry me a river. Just beat Martina in straight sets and go to bed early.

LOL, the 3rd match of the day STARTS at 10 PM, Hingis left last night at 2am, not sure about Nadia, probaly about the same though. Then today, Petrova played the 1st match, Martina the 2nd :help: VERY VERY poor scheduling!

Anyway, Martina should have finished it in str'8's against Nadia and Ame, but it isn't totally up to 1 player, which is why these matches have been so exciting...at least the 3 involving Martina, other than that, mostly lopsided stuff so far, Kim/Maria was competitve at least...

Wayn77
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:19 PM
How about Navratilova coming on board - full time!

Carsten
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:21 PM
if she thinks she'll become a better player then.... ;)

Nico_E
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Another one of these russians who can only blame someone else when they lose a match lol

pfft

PLP
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:43 AM
if she thinks she'll become a better player then.... ;)

Exactly! None of us know what is up so we really shouldn't judge...Go Nadia!!

zhangxian22
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Nadia still has a good chance to get into the semi,right?

morningglory
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Change of coaches AGAIN?

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Nadia still has a good chance to get into the semi,right?
Even though Nadia, Amelie, and Martina might all finish 1-2, Nadia is eliminated.