PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 updates

s_j
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Nadia and Elena are both definitely out.

Justine is definitely through to the semis.

If Justine beats Amélie, Justine is top of group and Martina qualifies in 2nd place.

If Amélie beats Justine, whether it's 2 or 3 sets, Amélie is top of group and Justine drops down to 2nd place.

Maria is certain to make it through to the semis unless Svetlana can beat Maria in 2 sets. If Maria wins a set (even if she loses the match) she qualifies.

If Maria wins, she is top of the group.

If Svetlana wins, she has to hope that Elena beats Kim in order to qualify to the semis.

Basically, the semis are in Maria's and Kim's hands. If they win their matches they are through. Simple as.

Assuming Maria beats Svetlana (which looks very likely) she will be top of her group and play either Justine (if Amélie beats Justine) or Martina (if Justine beats Amélie.)

Assuming Kim beats Elena (which looks very likely) she will be 2nd in her group and play either Justine (if Justine beats Amélie) or Amélie (if Amélie beats Justine).

E. Blackadder
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Technically Elena is not out.
If Maria beats Svetlana in straights and Elena beats Kim (losing less than 4 games), Elena qualifies ;)

s_j
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:37 PM
In that case...I repeat... Elena is definitely out :lol:

LDF
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I wonder how many threads we're going to have like this :scratch: :lol:

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:40 PM
So if Amelie beats Justine even in 3 sets, will Amelie be first in the Yellow Group?
Well, if so, I do think JuJu certainly wants to beat Amelie, just to be sure to meet Maria (likely first place in her group) only in the final.

Paul.
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Nadia and Elena are both definitely out.

Justine is definitely through to the semis.

If Justine beats Amélie, Justine is top of group and Martina qualifies in 2nd place.

If Amélie beats Justine, whether it's 2 or 3 sets, Amélie is top of group and Justine drops down to 2nd place.

Maria is certain to make it through to the semis unless Svetlana can beat Maria in 2 sets. If Maria wins a set (even if she loses the match) she qualifies.

If Maria wins, she is top of the group.

If Svetlana wins, she has to hope that Elena beats Kim in order to qualify to the semis.

Basically, the semis are in Maria's and Kim's hands. If they win their matches they are through. Simple as.

Assuming Maria beats Svetlana (which looks very likely) she will be top of her group and play either Justine (if Amélie beats Justine) or Martina (if Justine beats Amélie.)

Assuming Kim beats Elena (which looks very likely) she will be 2nd in her group and play either Justine (if Justine beats Amélie) or Amélie (if Amélie beats Justine).

if mauresmo beats justine, i think justine will still be top of the group

if momo beats JHH, mauresmo is 2nd in the group

is JHH beats momo, momo is last in the group

i think...

streag
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Amelie loses to Justine in the first match on Friday, so Sharapova has all the needed information to decide how she will lose to Sveta :devil: