PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters trashes Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-1 6-1

blumaroo
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:11 PM
That was peak Kim we saw there. :worship: Outclassed her opponent in every way possible.
Kim (and Justine too) moves too well for Sveta and always forces Sveta to make one more shot until Sveta commits an error.
In short: Kim was too fast, too powerful, , too good. Sveta was too slow, too weak, too bad.

Now if Kim trashes Dementieva we should have some good stuff in the semifinals. :D

Vaidisova
What a beating. :lol:

Well done Kim!:worship:

narrisch
holy shit :eek: :worship:

~Carsten~
amazing Kim!! :)
Congrats

GoDominique
PWNAGE! :eek:

tenn_ace
GREAT GREAT performance from Sveta! Unmatched.

No Name Face
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
that was quite possibly the best performance i've seen from a top player ever. that was amazing. kim was absolutely devastating.

Kipling
Good going, Kim!

Viktymise
does this mean that lena is now out since this was such a thrashing

saphir1
amazing :eek::eek::worship::worship::bounce::bounce:

LDF
Wow, what an incredible performance! Very well done Kim. :worship:

Andy.
All i can say is Wow

joz
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Sveta wins 4 points on return of serve. 3 in set one and only 1 in set two. YIKES!!!

Dexter
Incredible performance by Kim! Congrats! :yeah:

Wayn77
Kimster :eek: :worship: her domination of Sveta continues!

xin_hui
kim :eek:

that's freaking amazing :worship: :worship: :worship:

she lost only 4 points on serve :eek:

treufreund
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:14 PM
sveta looked downright pedestrian. KIM was amazing and KIM seems to know what Sveta is going to do before Sveta knows. :haha:

-jenks-
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Great performance kim! Your serve and forehand did it for you! :D

Nicolás89
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
that was quite possibly the best performance i've seen from a top player ever. that was amazing. kim was absolutely devastating.

:eek:
so why she did not played her best game against maria:scratch:
maybe sveta game suits to kims game:shrug:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Clijsters :yeah:

Svetlana :tape:

This is insanity... 6-1, 6-1 score in 45 mins. What the hell happened?

Svetlana's fate is in Clijsters hands now... :help:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
OMG Kim :eek:

Kim's_fan_4ever
That was something amazing, a perfect match Kim :worship: Only 4 UEs through the entire match playing really risky balls, those 2 passing shots in the end were brilliant.
On the other hand a poor performance from Sveta...

Ceze
what a match from Kim :eek: :worship: :yeah:
I feel a little bit sorry for Sveta though, what a bad score :hug:

vejh
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM
KC played well vs Shara; she made some great gets, but it wasn't enough; Maria was too good.

silverwhite
Sveta :help:

blumaroo

Sveta hits with a lot of topspin so Kim gets more time to set up her shots and to bash the ball back. She can't do that against Sharapova who hits harder and flatter and is therefore often pushed back into a defensive position.

CrossCourt~Rally
:worship: IMPRESSIVE! :worship:

ctan88
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Clijsters! WOW! what a great scoreline :)

golo
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

GoClijsters
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Could I love my girl anymore??? :worship:

I don't think Sveta got a chance. Kim ruled today and I hope she can do that all over again tomorrow.

LUXXXAS
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
OMG unbelievable performance Kim :bowdown: The best performance I've seen from a player since Lindsay 2004 US hardcourts run :woohoo: :eek::bolt:
If she keeps this level, Dementieva will be double bagelled in 25 minutes :haha:

Beny
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:24 PM

not maybe...
Kim really said something like that after the match
It`s easier for her to play Sveta than Masha
Masha-no top spin
Sveta= more top spin than Shutupova

hu2891601
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
sigh... wish Kim played this well against Sharapova yesterday...

Hagar
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Dear fellow posters, thank you all so much!!! Tomorrow is my 42nd birthday and Kim just gave me the best birthday present I could dream of... I thought she played stellar tennis today... But sometimes a fan thins he/she is biased. But as I'm reading your posts here, it seems you agree with me... this was fabulous...

streag
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Well done Kimmy :kiss:
Firmly planted seeds of doubt in Sveta's mind early in the 1st and then nurtured them the whole match. Handed two breadsticks in the end :D

Serena_thebest
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Kim played AMAZING... keep it up now!

saki
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Dear fellow posters, thank you all so much!!! Tomorrow is my 42nd birthday and Kim just gave me the best birthday present I could dream of... I thought she played stellar tennis today... But sometimes a fan thins he/she is biased. But as I'm reading your posts here, it seems you agree with me... this was fabulous...

You're 42? Seriously? I assumed you were about 13..

Sounds like a great match from Kim, though - props to her for making such a strong comeback from injury.

Kitten63
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM
brilliant win kim!

-Ph51-
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM
sigh... wish Kim played this well against Sharapova yesterday...

She will when final day arrives.:D

_Cell-chuk
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I have seen a lot of matches of Clijsters over the years. I can confidently say that this was the best match I've seen her play, clearly her best performance against a top player.

Clijsters played so well but at the same time Sveta played like 2005Sveta. She didn't try anything to change the course of the match. She just tried to outpower, outlast Clijsters in the rallies which obviously was not going to happen considering Clijsters had found her rhythm so early in the match.

Even though Sveta won big tourneys(USopen, Miami,...), she is still not a smart match player. Clijsters, as I said above, played really well though.

sapir1434
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Kim was just amazing! :) well done :yeah:

Svetlana... :sad: :hug: still has a chance though.

wally1
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Wow. One of the most impressive beatdowns I've seen for a long time.

:inlove:
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying it was the best match by any top player ever. :tape: :haha:
But she did play amazing. :worship: Well done Kim. :clap2:

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM
:mad: I wished she had played like this yesterday!!!!! :mad:

streag
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Kimmy has tendency to shrink mentally when her opponents rip her apart with their serve. Today Sveta put in measly 49% of her 1st serves. Plus if you add the fact that Sveta's game really suits Kim on this kind of surfaces it's no miracle Sveta was drubbed so harshly.

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Could I love my girl anymore??? :worship:

I don't think Sveta got a chance. Kim ruled today and I hope she can do that all over again tomorrow.

Yesss!!!!! Go Kim, amazing effort today! Win tomorrow and take your rightful place in the semis!

Kimster
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
That was peak Kim we saw there. :worship: Outclassed her opponent in every way possible.
Kim (and Justine too) moves too well for Sveta and always forces Sveta to make one more shot until Sveta commits an error.
In short: Kim was too fast, too powerful, , too good. Sveta was too slow, too weak, too bad.

Now if Kim trashes Dementieva we should have some good stuff in the semifinals. :D

:kiss:

Kimster
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:02 PM
GREAT GREAT performance from Sveta! Unmatched.

LOL!!!!

You are funny! Seriously! I like you! :)

Kimster
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Great performance kim! Your serve and forehand did it for you! :D

Oooooooooow, NEVER forget to mention the crosscourt backhand. :drool:

What was she doing tonight? She fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! :kiss:

A'DAM
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Wow taht was just wow!

I NEVER HAD SEEN A WOMAN PLAYED SUCH AN INCREDIBLE MATCH!!!

dansnewbeg
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:08 PM
that was a terrific performance. I'm glad she's showing that kind of stuff at this stage of her career.

laurie
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:08 PM
That was incredible from Kim, absolutely incredible.

Sveta has it all to do tomorrow now.

supergrunt
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Dayum :speechless: . I wish I cold have seen it :sad: .

Sveta :hug:

Kim :aparty:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:13 PM
:smash: @ me for not even watching.

Hurry up, Saturday.

Sharakim
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Kuzzy got EMBARESSED AND RAPED by Kim! I love it!

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:18 PM
You're 42? Seriously? I assumed you were about 13..

Sounds like a great match from Kim, though - props to her for making such a strong comeback from injury.

:haha: :haha:

So did I with some of the rants and temper tantrums it comes out with! :haha:

These Belgians sure know how to make an impact when coming back from injury don't they? :angel:

new-york
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Kimiko.:worship:

Hopefully, somebody recorded the match.:angel:

Cilla
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Couldn't believe the score when I switched to the match :eek: some of the best stats I've seen from Kim :worship: Looking foward to watching the re-run tomorrow :D

RenaSlam.
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:27 PM
WOW :eek:

Wish I could see this...is it on youtube yet?

bellascarlett
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Kim, amazing play! :D Congrats!

Win tomorrow against Lena (sorry Lena) and play like this against Justine! :bounce:

Derek.
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Trashes?

You mean "thrashes".

terjw
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:42 PM
OMG - just got home and I'm nervously hoping Kim won - and what do I see.
I'm sooo sooo happy. :worship:

I hope she beats Elena tomorrow.

jazzfuzion
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:02 PM
and they call this the Year End Championships.Only to have a top player thrash another top player.

Sund7101
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Way to go Kim!

wateva
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:16 PM
:eek: what a score!!!!! :woohoo:

ezekiel
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Go Kim

tard~tard
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:24 PM
These Belgians sure know how to make an impact when coming back from injury don't they? :angel:

Viva Belgium, allez! LoL

Amazing Kim, simply amazing. :worship:
So sorry for Svetlana.

Steffica Greles
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Great to see Kim back in top form.

It's only one match, of course, and she was handily defeated by Sharapova, but it may be that this is the best Kim has played this year? I didn't see the match, but from how people describe it...

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Kim :D

Sveta :sad:

cometz9
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Kimmie :eek: :worship: damn girl....Great disposing of Sveta :sad: Please put Lena out of her misery as well :wavey:

RJWCapriati
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:49 AM
:eek: :eek:

morningglory
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Didn't expect 2 breadsticks... well done Kim!

cellophane
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Truly amazing!!!! :worship:

Win the whole thing please, Kim! :hearts:

Ferosh
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Wow! That is what I call a B-I-T-C-H-S-L-A-P.

Only four errors from Kim. :bowdown:

WonderfulLee
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:30 AM
:worship:

i wish you play like this all the time, Kim!

RenaSlam.
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Wow! That is what I call a B-I-T-C-H-S-L-A-P.

Only four errors from Kim. :bowdown:

Petrova is out, guess you gotta latch onto somebody now...:lol:

Martian Stacey
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:37 AM
wow that is amazing :eek: Congrats Kim! :D

Corswandt
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:55 AM

That's very possible.

A perfect match from Kim, who for once was all confidence and seemed unable to miss a shot, even though she was going for big winners all the time.

Kuznetsova will always have trouble against fast opponents who can absorb her first big FH and counterattack by matching power with power. She'll also lose most of the BH vs BH contests against players who hit a deep, solid BH like Kim. But this was something else. Even when Kuznetsova began playing somewhat better, she still got pwned.

Corswandt
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Oh, and those who believe that Kuznetsova has the potential to be #1 should bear in mind that her chances should be assessed considering not only her best performances (say Miami) but also her worst (her blowout losses during the indoor season and today).

Dunlop1
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Just finished watching this match. OH.MY.GOODNESS.!.!.!
Total Ownage. It's not like Sveta played badly. Kim just was guessing right like 90% of the time and played awesome defense and was turning defense to offense like no man's business.

She hit some AMAZING shots. That running forehand off of Sveta's low volley :worship: That shot was unbelievable. There are at least 3 shots that should make the top 10 best shots of this YEC in this match.

RenaSlam.
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:06 AM

Kim. I am still amazed with your performance. :)

jenny161185
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:45 AM
:bounce: Great job, Kim. :hearts: Performances like these are what make me sad that she's retiring relatively early, :mad: though I respect her decision.

Hoping for an all-Belgian final! :banana:

I totally agree I cant believe shes retiring so soon when shes got sooo much talent left inside her ????? well Im just banking on her winning the AO and USOpen!!!!

esquímaux
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Kim you're lookin' FIERCE!! :eek: Can someone hook Sveta on life support? :lol::sad:

Belmont Lad
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Way to lay the smack down Kimmie!!! :hearts: :hearts:

1star
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:18 AM
This scoreline. Kim cruised over Sveta :eek:

"I got that first break in the first set and you gain confidence and it helps you play like that,'' Clijsters said. I was seeing the ball today - yesterday against Maria I had trouble following the ball.''

Ben.
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Congrats Kim :bigclap: what a way 2 thrash sveta in only 45 minutes :D very impressive turnaround after that loss 2 maria & u just played flawless tennis that sveta couldn't handle. now go out there & beat lena 2 have a chance at the semis. once again kim, u r my number one & well done :yeah:

tennisrox
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Amazing performance! Looks like she's back. I just wish all the top women would stay fit for long enough to produce their best tennis consistently. :(

Kunal
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:36 AM
ok so i really did not see that coming.....cuz i felt that kim was going a bit soft off late

jazar
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:41 AM
i thought kim was gonna win, but that wa crushing. surely, playing like that she can't retire next year? with that kinda form she could win more slams and not be known as a 1 slam wonder who choked several times.

there could be a kim-juju semi. that would be interesting if kim keeps up last nights form.

ioni
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:53 AM
kim :woohoo:

Grohl
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:54 AM
:woohoo:

Vut
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:05 AM
:yeah: Kim

Wimanna
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:14 AM
:worship:

i wish you play like this all the time, Kim!

Yeah, same here! That was the best I've her ever seen playing! Good attitude, good serve, great groundies, agressive and especially: agressive on breakpoints and matchpoint!!! More of that please! :devil:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:44 AM
:sad: 1 and 1...oh dear sveta

Bowser
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:46 AM
very impressive from the clijsters :yeah:

Dasha_
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Looked to me like Kim was from another planet (the very same one Federer came from few years ago..)

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Unlucky you had to play kim in that mood Sveta, she would have beaten whoever she played last night, regroup for today now Sveta.

fifiricci
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Last night I finally saw the Kim I used to know and love in 2005. Welcome back! :cool:

Mileen
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Sveta hits with a lot of topspin so Kim gets more time to set up her shots and to bash the ball back. She can't do that against Sharapova who hits harder and flatter and is therefore often pushed back into a defensive position.

No, that's your favorite interpretation. Remarkable, how you only quote half of what Kim said in the interview. The hart of the matter is she had a bad day, told so herself she didn't feel the ball at all, especially in the first set, and didn't see the ball well. I already thought so when I saw her play and expected her to tell after the match she didn't feel the ball well. Also, she really hit a lot of UE's; in particular when she misses a lot of backhands like she did against Sharapova, that's a sign she is in really bad form since that's her most stable shot (her ex coach Marc De Hoes commented that during the match). All her winners went out or in the net.
Also, the Belgian commentators told they had seen her practice-play just before the match and were shocked by how bad she played and said she looked nervous.

FrOzon
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Hoping for an all-Belgian final! :banana:

It's gonna be an all-Belgian semifinal, I guess :rolleyes:

blumaroo
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:20 AM
No, that's your favorite interpretation. Remarkable, how you only quote half of what Kim said in the interview. The hart of the matter is she had a bad day, told so herself she didn't feel the ball at all, especially in the first set, and didn't see the ball well. I already thought so when I saw her play and expected her to tell after the match she didn't feel the ball well. Also, she really hit a lot of UE's; in particular when she misses a lot of backhands like she did against Sharapova, that's a sign she is in really bad form since that's her most stable shot (her ex coach Marc De Hoes commented that during the match). All her winners went out or in the net.
Also, the Belgian commentators told they had seen her practice-play just before the match and were shocked by how bad she played and said she looked nervous.

Sigh. I'm aware that Kim didn't play her best against Maria. But that doesn't change anything I've said. No matter what form Kim is, she will always get more opportunities against Sveta than against Maria because of Sveta's topspin. I wasn't solely talking about that particular match at the YEC but in general.

Uranus
Nov 10th, 2006, 09:54 AM
WOW :eek: Absolutely PERFECT match from Kim. It was her best form (she hasn't played like this since the fantastic March 2005 IMO), absolutely great! No one could have defeated her yesterday.

I really thought she wouldn't play at this level again and she proved me wrong :D I hope she can keep such a level till she retires so that she can do some damage in slams and for the #1 spot. :drool:

Maria, be careful in your final match :devil:

KC played well vs Shara; she made some great gets, but it wasn't enough; Maria was too good.
The problem vs. Masha is that she was too defensive and she couldn't convert BPs (she had the same amount as Maria). And that was the match she needed to find her true level back. The matches in Hasselt were not enough, she didn't meet a top 20 player there

random fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:37 PM
18 winners 4 unforced errors :worship:

Pasta-Na
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:51 PM
kim :woohoo:

pls beat lena to get in SF with juju :hearts:

-Makiri-
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Kim :yeah:

.Andrew.
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Kim :hearts: Sveta :hug: :sad:

KClijsters
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I have a question :D

If Kim beat Elena, will she go throw to the semi-finals ?
Even if Sveta beat Maria ?

I really don't know.... because all 3 girls will have 2 wins and 1 loss

jamatthews
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Straight sets I think so. If Kuznetsova beats Maria enough to pass Kim, then Kim will pass Maria too. If she drops a set though she'll have to hope Maria takes a set too.

xin_hui
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM

if kim wins in 2 sets, maria loses in 3, maria and kim go through

if kim wins in 2, but maria loses in 2, maria goes through, and the battle between kim and sveta will go down to games won/lost (or is it H2H?). but anyway, kim holds an advantage

actually there are alot more scenarios :o

KClijsters
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM
if kim wins in 2 sets, maria loses in 3, maria and kim go through

if kim wins in 2, but maria loses in 2, maria goes through, and the battle between kim and sveta will go down to games won/lost (or is it H2H?). but anyway, kim holds an advantage

actually there are alot more scenarios :o

Ok, thanks ! :D

I really hope Kim will go throw to the semi-finals
I'm going to pray it will happen ;) :p :D

Go Kim :bounce:

Kimster
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Ok, thanks ! :D

I really hope Kim will go throw to the semi-finals
I'm going to pray it will happen ;) :p :D

Go Kim :bounce:

:kiss: