PDA

View Full Version : Hingis Qualifies if Justine beats Amelie Tomorrow

Ryan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:06 PM
There. Just so the dumbfucks understand properly. It's done by the percentage of sets won/lost.

Martina stands at 4-5. Nadia is at 3-4. Hingis' record is better than Nadia's (simple math people). If Justine beats Amelie, Momo's set record will be 2-5 or 3-5, not good enough to pass either player.

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM
There. Just so the dumbfucks understand properly. It's done by the percentage of sets won/lost.

Martina stands at 4-5. Nadia is at 3-4. Hingis' record is better than Nadia's (simple math people). If Justine beats Amelie, Momo's set record will be 2-5 or 3-5, not good enough to pass either player.

Finally! Thank you Ryan!:)

Nicolás89
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
so is all about if justine wants the victory against amelie or if she wants to rest for the semis:o

twight6
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM
so is all about if justine wants the victory against amelie or if she wants to rest for the semis:o

are you honestly telling me you think a player would throw a match? :rolleyes:. I hope this was a joke.

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:11 PM

Or if she prefers a semis against Kim or against Maria. I really think JuJu prefers to play Kim (if she's second in her group) than a red-hot Maria.

LoveFifteen
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I AM NOW JUSTINE'S BIGGEST FAN!!! ALLEZ, JUJU!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM

LOL. Me too.:p ;)

LoveFifteen
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I think this will be the first time in my life when I'll be looking forward to hearing "Allez!" ... well, not including the time I got fucked by that horse-hung twink in Nantes! :hearts:

frenchie
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Come on Martina!!!!

well the commentators said JHH could be injured so I'm sure she'll tank her match against Amélie....

DragonFlame
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM

LMAO, you cheering for justine tomorrow!:lol: it's ironic isn't it?;)

Buitenzorg
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Justine please wins :)

so Martina through to the semis ;)

ctan88
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Please Justine win so that Hingis can make it!

tennnisfannn
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
are you honestly telling me you think a player would throw a match? :rolleyes:. I hope this was a joke.
Players may not throw matches but the intensity of the fight won't at it's apext either. Amelie will be fighting tooth and nail to defend her title, justine will be playing a practise match. Besides Justine is most likely to finish top in her group and maria top in her group. A part of justine may want an amelie to take on maria rather than hingis.

saki
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Heh. I'm going to enjoy LoveFifteen cheering for Justine.. ;)

She won't tank against Amelie. Trust me.

Ryan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I really think some people are underestimating Justine's drive to win. This is the final event of the year, and possibly the only time she'll play Amelie since the Wimbledon final loss. IMO, she's fresh, playing well, and will be absolutely driven to crush Mauresmo and help her own case for #1.

1handedwonder
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
dont matches count first, then sets???

MisterMan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:29 PM
There. Just so the dumbfucks understand properly.
(simple math people).

Sorry, we'll all try to be as wise as you. Please help us and share your incredible wisdom to us less intelligent apes.

Edit - what i meant to say was "thanks, asshole!"

lynch79
I really think some people are underestimating Justine's drive to win. This is the final event of the year, and possibly the only time she'll play Amelie since the Wimbledon final loss. IMO, she's fresh, playing well, and will be absolutely driven to crush Mauresmo and help her own case for #1.

I totally agree. Plus, she will want to prove that she can actually BEAT the curren n°1, not just take the place from her.

Buitenzorg
C;mon Justine :bounce:

vejh
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Did JHH look to injure anything in her match today?

RR-87
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Go Justine :rocker:

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Did JHH look to injure anything in her match today?

Not really. She just looked tired at the start of the second set.

loppy
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM

Same here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Justine!

Ryan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Sorry, we'll all try to be as wise as you. Please help us and share your incredible wisdom to us less intelligent apes.

Edit - what i meant to say was "thanks, asshole!"

You're 100% welcome. :D I just read a retarded thread started by a total tool saying Hingis was out of the race, and it seemed like no one (besides GoDom and TBE) knew what would really happen. I didn't mean it in a bad way (for most people), just thought they'd be more likely to read it. ;)

Sally Struthers
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Fortunately, Justine has the #1 ranking to motivate her tomorrow against Amelie.

MinnyGophers
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM

Agreed.

Justine is no dummy... why would she help the one who prevented her from winning two slams this year ( one being the elusive wimbledon), and also increase the chance that she won't be able to take the number one spot?
If Justine knows what is good for her, she would want to eliminate Amelie as soon as possible.

However, I hope Amelie wins.

sapir1434
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM
did you forget that in a tennis match there are two players? :rolleyes:

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:44 PM

I know! I am surprised so many people are considering that she will throw the match with Momo!

Remember there is a fight for #1 here and if she beats Ame it is proof that she should be #1 IMO, if she loses :confused:

Anyway, unless Justine is injured she should win, either in 2 or 3.
She is in excellent form. Momo really picked it up today when she needed to against a worn-out Martina but tomorrow she will have to bring her A+ game to beat a fresh Justine.

Allez JUJU!!!

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:48 PM
You're 100% welcome. :D I just read a retarded thread started by a total tool saying Hingis was out of the race, and it seemed like no one (besides GoDom and TBE) knew what would really happen. I didn't mean it in a bad way (for most people), just thought they'd be more likely to read it. ;)

Well, I for one was confused because of dumbass Tim Ryan saying Martina was done at the end of the match! I thought he was wrong but thanks for the clarification :wavey:

pooh14
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:07 PM
justine cannot tank the match
why?
because if she loses to amelie, she will qualify as second in the group, even if it goes to 3 setters....
if she is second in the group, she has to face MARIA in the semis......

and she knows with Maria's current form, she might lose the semis, and not finish #no1.
Justine will definitely want to qualify as first in the group, and most like she will play KIM, her favourite player tongue.gif and thus progress to the finals and thus finish as #no1

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:08 PM
why?
because if she loses to amelie, she will qualify as second in the group, even if it goes to 3 setters....

and she knows with Maria's current form, she might lose the semis, and not finish #no1.
Justine will definitely want to qualify as first in the group, and most like she will play KIM, her favourite player tongue.gif and thus progress to the finals and thus finish as #no1

Agreed.:)

Ryan
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Bump. I feel like crying, I cant believe how some people cannot look for the 5000 threads about this topic.

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the club. It's been like that for the past two years now, although this year it's particularly bad.

pigam
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:20 PM
:lol:
it's getting quite funny actually.

But on a more serious note, i have a question:
did Justine already qualify for the SF or can Nadia still take her place :confused: ?

pooh14
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Bump. I feel like crying, I cant believe how some people cannot look for the 5000 threads about this topic.

i agree.
i am getting confused on where do i replied to the same question.

why cant we just have one damn thread and update there...

Kunal
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
and justine will definitely beat her....

DragonFlame
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:47 PM
ok i don't get this anymore, ive been scouting all threads and we all came to the conclusion if amelie wins she will be #1, if she loses #4 and justine #1 or #2.
Now they put on that wtatoursite that justine willll be #1 in the group if she wins 1 set today.

Quote wtatour.com article

'If Mauresmo loses, she will finish fourth in the Yellow Group and give Hingis the right to play in the semis. If Mauresmo beats Henin-Hardenne in straight sets, she'll finish No.1 in the group, but if the Frenchwoman needs three sets, Henin-Hardenne is first.'

Now what the hell is it, did a retard write that article?:confused: Godominique, Boiledegg help me out here. :o

spencercarlos
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:47 PM
why?

Yeah because the head to head factor comes in first so Amelie gets the first place.
And second i don´t think she should leave Amelie the chance of bagging this big title, so it will put her with two grand slams and the masters for the year.
It´s all especulation,but we´ll see.

Ryan
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:01 PM
ok i don't get this anymore, ive been scouting all threads and we all came to the conclusion if amelie wins she will be #1, if she loses #4 and justine #1 or #2.
Now they put on that wtatoursite that justine willll be #1 in the group if she wins 1 set today.

'If Mauresmo loses, she will finish fourth in the Yellow Group and give Hingis the right to play in the semis. If Mauresmo beats Henin-Hardenne in straight sets, she'll finish No.1 in the group, but if the Frenchwoman needs three sets, Henin-Hardenne is first.'

Now what the hell is it, did a retard write that article?:confused: Godominique, Boiledegg help me out here. :o

Yeah, I dont get it. They'd be the only 2 at 2-1, with Amelie's win being the decider. Justine has to win to get the #1 spot, and avoid Maria (most likely). Allez Juju. :tape:

Paneru
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:04 PM

And i think you underestimate JHH's
ability to see the bigger picture which
is winning this title.

She knows she's already in the SF and
can just relax and reserve her energy.

IMO, you as a Hingis fan are hoping
that her drive for "revenge" is stronger
than her drive to win this title. ;)

Philip
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Go Justine :o

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:11 PM

WTA Tour has no clue.

Ryan
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Hmm, I dont think so. Obviously she could do that (I'd hope not obviously), but I really dont think she'll just give away a match, RR or not. She might not give 100%, but winning this match doesn't hinder her chances at all. More importantly, if she loses this match she'll be #2 in the group, and more likely play Maria in the Semis. I know if I were Justine I wouldn't want that to happen.

Paneru
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Hmm, I dont think so. Obviously she could do that (I'd hope not obviously), but I really dont think she'll just give away a match, RR or not. She might not give 100%, but winning this match doesn't hinder her chances at all. More importantly, if she loses this match she'll be #2 in the group, and more likely play Maria in the Semis. I know if I were Justine I wouldn't want that to happen.

That depends on how she loses. ;)

Don't for a minute think these
women don't know how to play
the game in the way that benefits them. :cool:

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:16 PM
That depends on how she loses. ;)
It doesn't.

Paneru
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:19 PM
It doesn't.

Official site has said otherwise. ;)

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Then it seems like a particular thread
starter was wrong. :)
I lost count of the people who have been wrong in the past 24 hours.

Ryan
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:22 PM

Bully for them. They're wrong. If Amelie beats Justine, she's #1 no matter what the score is. In the group anyway, not rankings. ;)

Nico_E
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:24 PM
I wouldnt say Henin will tank but surely there is a chance she wont bust a gut to win either, she's in the semis and that is what she will be thinking about.

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM
So you believe everything that comes from an "official" source? Poor ignorant you.

Martian KC
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM

BAHAHAHAHA!:p

Princeza
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:29 PM

:lol: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Paneru
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
So you believe everything that comes from an "official" source? Poor ignorant you.

Yes, poor ignorant me to believe that with
a fucked system that no one can seem to
understand, believing those that run the
tournament would be off compared to.....you?

And you are? ;)

Ryan
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:34 PM
He's someone who understands the system. It's really not that difficult if you read anything about it, but you'd rather read an article and assume you understand the system.

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Yes, poor ignorant me to believe that with
a fucked system that no one can seem to
understand, believing those that run the
tournament would be off compared to.....you?

And you are? ;)
You don't understand it because you are just as dumb as the WTA people.

If you tried to use your brain for once you would get it and not rely on false WTA info, simple as that.

Bowser
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM
why do so many think Henin will throw the match? She obviously wants to win every match, and she even said on TV that she won't take it lightly, and perhaps she wants a bit of revenge for Australia and Wimbledon.

Allez Justine! (for the second time in two days!)

Paneru
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:47 PM
You don't understand it because you are just as dumb as the WTA people.

If you tried to use your brain for once you would get it and not rely on false WTA info, simple as that.

Oh get off your damb high horse & admit
this is some stupid ass bullshit, making
unecessary drama where their doesn't
and shouldn't have to be.

Not to mention that some don't pay as
close attention to this shit as you do.

Period!

Ryan
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:49 PM

Period!

Why cant you write all the way across the message box? It's stupid ass bullshit that creates unnecessary drama.

Ryan
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Oh, and if you admit that you don't pay as much attention, STFU and sit the fuck down.

GoDominique
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Then why are you joining the discussion at all? Just shut up and watch your faves playing exos with Ronald McDonald.

pooh14
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:01 PM
whatever......

all i know is for the next 24 hrs, i am JUSTINE's BIGGEST FAN :D

twight6
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Period!

they do have a point. If you don't pay attention, then it's simple logic for you to just listen to those who do.

Although they were being a bit forceful with their words and were being rather rude, they have a right to be.

I'll admit, i wasn't sure i believed them at first because there was no evidence and (i thought) that the Sets was used in the past. But, i realize now that that was a 3 way tie...

but, that's all irrelevant. The bottom line is that if you don't know, then just listen to these people (shut the hell up while your at it) and they will tell you, don't argue something that you have no idea about or, like you said, don't pay any attention to.

spencercarlos
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Then why are you joining the discussion at all? Just shut up and watch your faves playing exos with Ronald McDonald.
:lol: Omg GoDominique you are becoming a huge pain in the a s ;)

That has always been a trademark Characteristic of a Williams Fan :p

Polikarpov
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Are there bonuses if you win all your group matches?

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Justine already done Martina a BIG favour by choking from a set and 5-2

two favours from Justine is little too much to ask for......... :lol:

lynch79
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Justine already done Martina a BIG favour by choking from a set and 5-2

two favours from Justine is little too much to ask for......... :lol:

Well, Justine lost TWO slam finals against Mauresmo. I think she at least wants to stop her from advancing to the YEC semifinals...

vejh
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM
yeah, I'd say JHH has some strong motivation. After JHH lost the AO finals, she diced Momo in Berlin (funnily enough it was after Momo defeated Hingis the day before.lo. too weird). So I'd say JHH is salivating at this battle.

Bowser
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Well, Justine lost TWO slam finals against Mauresmo. I think she at least wants to stop her from advancing to the YEC semifinals...

she doesn't care who goes through, she just wants to win.

lynch79
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:01 PM
she doesn't care who goes through, she just wants to win.

I agree. I was just saying that she'll have extra motivation tonight against Mauresmo. :)

Bowser
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I agree. I was just saying that she'll have extra motivation tonight against Mauresmo. :)

well I hope she wins today, but after that I'll never cheer for her again :D

lynch79
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:06 PM
well I hope she wins today, but after that I'll never cheer for her again :D

:yeah:

Nickitos2006
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM

Yes, man, it’s simple. But it’s getting a little bit less simple when you can’t find any publication of the rules of the YEC in the web… So why should I know that the percentage of win/lost sets has the edge over common win/lost sets record, which is equal for both Hingis and Petrova (-1). And if it was the case, then Hingis would’ve been OUT from the YEC, cuz her win/lost games record is MUCH worse, then Petrova’s.
P.S. I don’t hate Martina at all. As well as I don’t hate anyone girl in the tour. It’s just all about lack of information about the rules of the YEC…