PDA

View Full Version : Hingis OUT from the YEC?

Nickitos2006
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
So, for Hingis the tournament is over, while Mauresmo and Petrova still has a chance to get through.
Now Martina and Nadia have the equal win/lost match and win/lost sets record, but win/lost games record is clearly in Nadia’s favor: 33-31 for Petrova and 36-46 for Hingis.
Goodbye, Martina :wavey:

AaronJoyB
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
che?

mr_burns
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM
totally wrong

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Why would Nadia qualify over Hingis if Hingis defeated her?

Beny
Martina beat Nadia..
it has also something to do with it..doesn`t it?

jamatthews
:weirdo:

franny
No, they do it by Sets won/lost first. Martina has more sets won than Nadia, thus, she is in over Nadia. The only way Hingis is out is if Mauresmo beats Justine.

égalité
Martina won more sets than Nadia :weirdo:

Jorn
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Yellow group (Wins, Sets)

1. HENIN-HARDENNE, Justine BEL 2-0, 4-1

2. MAURESMO, Amelie FRA 1-1, 2-3
-------------------------------------------
3. HINGIS, Martina SUI 1-2, 4-5

4. PETROVA, Nadia RUS 1-2, 3-4

4-5 beats 3-4 ;)

Aaron68
You are incorrect.

If Justine wins tomorrow, then Petrova, Hingis, and Mauresmo will all be tied at 1-2.

Hingis has 4-5 record in sets.
Mauresmo would be either 2-5 or 3-5
Petrova is finished at 3-4.

Hingis would move through.

!<blocparty>!
LOLz. No.

If Mauresmo wins tomorrow she's in the semi's. If she loses Martina's in the semi's.

crazillo
When the set-record is equal the direct encounter decides on the spot. Mauresmno would need to defeat Henin-Hardenne in two sets.

manu
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Is that true? I think Nadia is certainly out, as she has a worse set record than Martina (3-4 compared to 4-5) and lost to Martina in their match-up. Martina still has a chance I think, but I don't know what exactly should happen for her to still qualify? I guess Justine will have to beat Amélie tomorrow? That way Amélie would have a worse set record than Martina (2-5 or 3-5, depending on whether she takes a set from Justine or not) and therefore Martina would qualify... I think?

LDF
People should really read the threads discussing all the qualification possiblities before making these type of threads. :o

franny
Lol, sorry but you need to do some better counting. Nadia: 3 sets won, 4 lost.

Hingis: 4 sets won, 5 lost. Hingis won more sets, thus, she is in over Nadia.

Mauresmo: If she beats Justine, she's in. But even if she takes Justine to three and loses, she'd have 3 sets won, and 5 lost. Again, Martina takes it over her. The way justine is playing, Hingis has a great chance.

Hawn
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Completely wrong...Martina still leads Petrova by a set and has a chance if Mauresmo loses tomorrow. Even though Justine doesn't need tomorrow's win to enter the semis, she wants revenge against Mauresmo for her losses in the slams.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
When the set-record is equal the direct encounter decides on the spot. Mauresmno would need to defeat Henin-Hardenne in two sets.

if two are level then the H2H is the 1st rule

charmedRic
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Loser. Stop hating. Enjoy the game. And stop the crap threads.

What ever happened to just enjoying the game? And sticking to facts?

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM
LOLz. No.

If Mauresmo wins tomorrow she's in the semi's. If she loses Martina's in the semi's.

No, Marti is out even if Justine beats Momo in straight sets :rolleyes:

Amelie moves through anyway I believe because she beat Hingis, though I think Martina is 3rd in the group right??

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Goodbye Nickitos2006 :wavey:

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
IT IS NOT "MORE SETS WON".
IT IS "HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF SETS WON".

ADMITTEDLY IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE IN THIS CASE BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW.

BEEILOVEYA
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
If Justine wins, Martina goes through. It doesn't matter if Mauresmo loses in 2 or 3 sets, Martina goes through if Justine wins. If Mauresmo wins, Mauresmo goes through. Petrova is already out.

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
No, Marti is out even if Justine beats Momo in straight sets :rolleyes:

Amelie moves through anyway I believe because she beat Hingis, though I think Martina is 3rd in the group right??

No, Amelie lost a match in straight sets. She would be third, if she loses tomorrow even in 3 sets.

Nickitos2006
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:25 PM

Mauresmo: If she beats Justine, she's in. But even if she takes Justine to three and loses, she'd have 3 sets won, and 5 lost. Again, Martina takes it over her. The way justine is playing, Hingis has a great chance.

So what? Martina has lost more sets, than Nadia : :confused: I think that only the win/lost record is counting/ Am I wrong?

treufreund
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM
But I thought since Amelie won the head to head with martina that that would put her ahead. but i guess not since if she loses then nadia beat amelie, amelie beat martina and martina beat nadia..

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:41 PM
But I thought since Amelie won the head to head with martina that that would put her ahead. but i guess not since if she loses then nadia beat amelie, amelie beat martina and martina beat nadia..

I don't understand the logic to any of this really, If Momo loses against Justine: Nadia beat Momo so wouldn't she qualify over her? But Hingis beat Petrova so shouldn't she qualify over Her or Ame?

Nickitos2006
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM

So what? Martina has lost more sets, than Nadia : :confused: I think that only the win/lost record is counting. Am I wrong?

-jenks-
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:43 PM
IF amelie beats Justine, amelie qualifies. If she doesn't, Martina does.

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:44 PM

That would make the most sense but it's not what Tim and Tracy said...:confused:

vogus
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Head to Head is meaningless since Momo, Petrova, and Hingis all defeated each other.

Therefore it goes to best record by set.

LoveFifteen
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:58 PM
That would make the most sense but it's not what Tim and Tracy said...:confused:

Tim and Tracy are stupid. I heard what they said and laughed. They are 100% wrong.

Mauresmo must win tomorrow to advance. Otherwise, Hingis will advance.

MinnyGophers
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:59 PM
holy smoke...
I can understand physical chemistry, but this is too complicated for me :haha:

lynch79
Head to Head is meaningless since Momo, Petrova, and Hingis all defeated each other.

Therefore it goes to best record by set.

Exactly. Martina qualifies if Amelie loses tomorrow (no matter if in two or three sets).

kuchkuch
The only way Mauresmo can go through is to win tommorrow.

if she loses in 3: her set won/loss ratio = 3:5
hingis' set won/loss ratio = 4:5

!<blocparty>!
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:00 PM
:haha:

lynch79
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Tim and Tracy are stupid. I heard what they said and laughed. They are 100% wrong.

Mauresmo must win tomorrow to advance. Otherwise, Hingis will advance.

Yes. And Henin surely doesn't want to play a red-hot Sharapova in the semifinals, so IMO she will be very competitive tomorrow.
Now I'm off to make an Amelie voodoo doll.:p

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
holy smoke...
I can understand physical chemistry, but this is too complicated for me :haha:
It is actually pretty simple. :)

Beny
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:03 PM
OMG
Three pages about Mauresmo wins=Mauresmo advances
Mauresmo loses=Hingis advances

franny
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:06 PM
So what? Martina has lost more sets, than Nadia : :confused: I think that only the win/lost record is counting. Am I wrong?

I think its percentage then of win/lost sets, and if that is the case, then Martina still moves through if Mauresmo loses.

clonesheep
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:06 PM

Yes, I think this is correct. It's actually quite simple:

If Mauresmo def. Justine, then both Mo & Ju have 2 wins while Marti & Petrova have 1 win. Mo & Ju are in.

If Mauresmo loses tomorrow, even in 3 sets, her sets win/loss ratio would still be worse than Martina. Martina is in.

MinnyGophers
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:09 PM
It is actually pretty simple. :)

I know it must be. It's just so confusing when everyone is saying something totally different :lol:

Buitenzorg
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Hingis ;)