DragonFlame
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:08 PM
DAMN IT! hingis, you should have made 5-5!:fiery: justine, beat amelie:bounce:

Princeza
f*** f*** f*** arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Havok
Her chances are incredibly slim since she'll have to beat Henin-Hardenne :o.

Martina :rolleyes:. Win the first set, then you get steamrolled by MAURESMO?:retard: I know she's #1 and all, but you're so much better than this! Please pick it up in the semis.

Kart
Amelie :banana:

Sagittarius
3 set matches in 3 days...So fuckin' unfair.

~Carsten~
well done Amelie!!! :)

maryc
Thank goodness. Now I can go teach my class w/o wondering.

Allez!

Mary

Andrew..
Ugh...

Martina had alot of chances she didn't take, especially in the third set.

tae04
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM
so sad. im sure Henin will half play tomorrow for a Mauresmo win.

OZTENNIS
Hey Guys, Marti Was Down 4-0 3rd Set And Managed To Get Back To 5-4. Thats A Pretty Darn Good Effort Against The World No.1!

égalité
OMG

*kills self*

JUSTINE I'M GOING TO ROOT FOR YOU. DON'T BLINK. YOU'LL MISS IT.

Andrew..
Does Justine's final RR match of 2003 ring a bell.

Nando_L
Martina :sad:

Elenarulez
The first time in my life i hope that justine will beat amelie :tape:

Berlin_Calling
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:10 PM
So where does Martina stand now? Does Justine have to beat Amelie for her to qualify? in straigh sets?

Ceze
Amelie! :woohoo: http://yelims1.free.fr/Banane/Banane09.gif

Drimal
Amélie :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

Great match from you! :kiss:

Now beat Justine! :D

Credits to Martina who gave a great fight after 2:5 ;)

OZTENNIS
Is It Definite That Martis In Semis?

!<blocparty>!
Ugh. Well, that's frustrating. Tina's error @ BP in the last game. :rolleyes:

Tina just doesn't hit hard enough and she can't put away short balls.

Mauresmo... still so unconvincing, I have no idea how she wins these matches now. :lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
One word: choker :help:

Pity that Martina didn't make it in the end...

TomTennis
:sad: Go rest up Martina, I think u'll still make the semi's :devil: :lol:

So long as Justine beats Momo in straights!! :bounce:

Shoulderpova
:drool:

Wayn77
:bounce: :bounce: :banana: :banana: ALLEZ AMELIE :worship: :worship: :rocker: :rocker:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: J'Taime J'Taime :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts:

Blu€
Great first set for Hingis, horrible second, horrible half third, awesome reaction at end what a shame!!! at least she was brave with the match points

LDF
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:11 PM
A really enjoyable match :D

It's a shame Martina wasted her BP at 4-5 with a bad forehand error :(

hingis-seles
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I can't complain. It's just too much to demand considering Hingis has had the worst scheduling off any of the players. Infact, every three-set match in this YEC has been a straight-set affair except the ones she played. And she didn't get a day off, so it's understandable that she's tired. She fought hard.

Even if Justine decides to tank to Mauresmo, Martina's had a great year. I can't complain.

loppy
Martina :crying2:

charmedRic
No Big. JHH should beat Amelie, based on level of play in this tournament so far. Martina needs to rest up big time, and be ready to make a move in the semis.

Ceze
So where does Martina stand now? Does Justine have to beat Amelie for her to qualify? in straigh sets?if Amelie wins tomorrow (in 2 or 3 sets), then she qualifies, but if she loses (in 2 or 3 sets), then Amelie is out and it will be either Martina or Nadia who qualifies ;)

vutt
I can't belive how weak physically one top 10 player can be :shock:

Congrts Amelie!

pierce0415
what happens if Juju beats Momo in 3s?

brent-o
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:13 PM
That was an incredible match at the end. Btw, Tim Ryan said that Martina doesn't have a chance to get into the semis now. Is that true? I thought she could still get in if Amelie loses against JHH tomorrow?

spencercarlos

Martina :rolleyes:. Win the first set, then you get steamrolled by MAURESMO?:retard: I know she's #1 and all, but you're so much better than this! Please pick it up in the semis.
Amelie can beat Henin, i don´t think it´s all set and done, and still i don´t think Hingis can even challenge Sharapova right now.
Anyway great effort, Hingis took all of her matches to 3 sets and that says a lot, props to Amelie who fought her way back.
If Amelie wins over Henin her spot in the semis will be more than deserved.
Good Luck :)

Shoulderpova
Hingis has gone winless against Momo this year :drool:

Dexter
:tape:

Me :silly:

hingis-seles
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:14 PM
So where does Martina stand now? Does Justine have to beat Amelie for her to qualify? in straigh sets?

If Justine wins, Martina qualifies. (whether in two sets or three sets)
If Amelie wins, Amelie qualifies. (whether in two sets or three sets)

xtooL
Taking a set of was even more than I expected from Marti , shes playing with the top players and actually competing against them
didnt see the match but saw the scoreline .. seemed like they both put on a good show

Andrew..
Tina just doesn't hit hard enough
That's ridiculous. Martina hits hard enough. That's not what's going to win her matches. It's when she tries to bash the ball that she gets in trouble.

brent-o

Congrts Amelie!

physically weak? She had three three-set matches three days in a row! And she still put up a good fight. You can't expect her to be perfect. I'm proud of you, Hingis!

MikeJones

Congrts Amelie!

Physically weak cuz she doesnt dope? And also she made a VERY NICE comeback and nearly won. Dont sound so superior jerkoff

saki
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Justine will help out her fellow Adidas girl, don't worry Tina fans!

Ceze
what happens if Juju beats Momo in 3s?2nd spot will be between Martina and Nadia, but I don't know if they use the h2h or the games differentials :shrug:

Dasha_
Wow, I enjoyed so much watching this match........

So glad Amelie won it.

Hope she wins tomorrow...

crazillo
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Hingis fought so brilliantly. :D Cgs. to Amelie too though. Very cold handshake...

spencercarlos
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I can't complain. It's just too much to demand considering Hingis has had the worst scheduling off any of the players. Infact, every three-set match in this YEC has been a straight-set affair except the ones she played. And she didn't get a day off, so it's understandable that she's tired. She fought hard.

Even if Justine decides to tank to Mauresmo, Martina's had a great year. I can't complain.
:worship:

She just leave her statement :) She is back! :yeah:

hingis-seles
2nd spot will be between Martina and Nadia, but I don't know if they use the h2h or the games differentials :shrug:

If Justine wins in three sets, Martina is in the semis. Nadia is out regardless.

~Kiera~
Congrats, Amelie!

Well done, Martina for fighting so hard. Playing three matches three days in a row had clearly taken a lot out of her. She was knackered at the end and breathing so heavily you'd have thought she was another player, but she still stuck in there.

Beny
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Martina :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
This was worse than Lena...

Amelie :)..fine performance, some very stupid mistakes
but great length from Amelie :eek: and some very good top spins

jazar
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:19 PM
hingis is now tied at 7-7 against mauresmo, with 3 of mauresmos wins coming this year. from that it is quite obvious that hingis had the upper hand on mauresmo from before her comeback, so what has changed about mauresmo to make her beat hingis everytime?

anyway, juju will beat momo in 2, so hingis will progress and cap a remarkable year. she won't get past the semis, but its a great comeback.

bellascarlett
Martina :crying2: :crying2: :sad:

Again, the match doesn't end with a set win, Martina. :rolleyes: I know you are tired but how about holding right after you've won a set? Is that too much to ask?...:awww:...Martina still has a lot to learn about competing at the highest level nowadays.

I hope to god Justine desperately wants revenge over Mauresmo as she could beat Momo if she plays like she has been the past few days. But if Justine is indifferent, then well bye Martina...:sad:

That bp for 5-5...:fiery:

MinnyGophers
I doubt Justine will be stupid enough to allow Amelie to get through. she lost to her twice already in the finals of a slam, I doubt she'd want to risk it a third time. Amelie is a tougher opponent (to Justine) than Martina.

Beny
I just couldn`t bear seeing how Martina was fighting in a rally, playing some brilliant shots to stay in the rally and then missed the easiest shot possible..:smash:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:20 PM
That's ridiculous. Martina hits hard enough. That's not what's going to win her matches.

No she doesn't. A LOT of her shots have little if no pace and give her opponents that have power loads of chances to attack and dominate the match. She doesn't change direction of the ball half as well as she used to, either. I saw maybe 3 or 4 backhands down the line that got Mauresmo WAY off balance... that's nowhere near enough over the course of a three set match.

vutt
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM
physically weak? She had three three-set matches three days in a row! And she still put up a good fight. You can't expect her to be perfect. I'm proud of you, Hingis!

By this logic she might never win titles t all. I don't belive pro players can't sustain 3 3setters in 3 days.

hingisGOAT
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:25 PM
k. no disrespect to mauresmo fans, and this may have been said already, but the scheduling of this tournament is just ridiculous :rolleyes: hingis was clearly fatigued, but was also clearly on her way to beating amelie's ass before the heavy schedule set in :sad:

amelie is quite lucky to win this one :tape:

anyway still not a bad showing, taking the two dominant players this year to three-sets and beating the in-form petrova, AND she may still make the semifinals. at least no matter what happens she'll get a day of rest :rolleyes:

blumaroo
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Mauresmo loves playing against Hingis. She didn't get much rhythm from Petrova but Hingis gives her tons of a shots to hit. You could clearly see how Mauresmo played herself into the match. She was feeling the ball better and better because Hingis was keeping the ball in play for way too long. Mauresmo rarely gets beaten by non-powerplayers. Still, Martina did well considering she had to play three days straight.

Wintermute
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Really enjoyed this match. I think it was the best so far. I was just hoping Martina could make an amazing comeback and it would go right down to the wire. But hey, she can still qualify. :)

At least it creates some good tension for the Amelie vs Justine match. I'm looking forward to that one very much.

sapir1434
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:40 PM
The backhand is back :drool: :hearts:

Great to see Amelie playing well again! Allez tomorrow :D

And well done to Martina too :yeah:

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:40 PM
great match by momo ,amelie was controling most of the points hingis didnt have a say in what was going on at all.hingis will never beat momo

UDACHi
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:43 PM
6-4? i went outside and amelie was on her way to 4-0.. :tape:

spencercarlos
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:59 PM
hingis is now tied at 7-7 against mauresmo, with 3 of mauresmos wins coming this year. from that it is quite obvious that hingis had the upper hand on mauresmo from before her comeback, so what has changed about mauresmo to make her beat hingis everytime?

anyway, juju will beat momo in 2, so hingis will progress and cap a remarkable year. she won't get past the semis, but its a great comeback.
Probably winning 2 grand slam championships and the masters rings a bell?

spencercarlos
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Mauresmo loves playing against Hingis. She didn't get much rhythm from Petrova but Hingis gives her tons of a shots to hit. You could clearly see how Mauresmo played herself into the match. She was feeling the ball better and better because Hingis was keeping the ball in play for way too long. Mauresmo rarely gets beaten by non-powerplayers. Still, Martina did well considering she had to play three days straight.
3 days straight and 3 sets on each match, i think Martina just had enough.
Her last two matches against Amelie have gone three sets and she seems close to beating her soon, it´s just a matter of time.

spencercarlos
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:02 PM
By this logic she might never win titles t all. I don't belive pro players can't sustain 3 3setters in 3 days.
You seem to forget she was not even a pro a year ago :retard:

Nicolás89
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:04 PM
congrats momo but please dont win tomorrow:o

spencercarlos
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:04 PM
No she doesn't. A LOT of her shots have little if no pace and give her opponents that have power loads of chances to attack and dominate the match. She doesn't change direction of the ball half as well as she used to, either. I saw maybe 3 or 4 backhands down the line that got Mauresmo WAY off balance... that's nowhere near enough over the course of a three set match.
I agree, she has the tendency of hitting crosscourt with her backhand now, and her dtl used to be her trademark shot.
That shot, her second serve and agressiveness are the missing links for Martina in order to challenge the top 5.

Talula
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:05 PM
uGH. Dykes are us? Next year Martina. Just get a little more aggressive, without compromising your integrity.

vutt
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:08 PM
You seem to forget she was not even a pro a year ago :retard:

I wonder how many years we have to wait then when we can call her 100% pro :rolleyes:

tard~tard
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Hingis fought so brilliantly. :D

She did, she really did, but she was obviously dead tired in the
third set and that affected her game significantly.
The crowd gave her a big standing ovation when she left the
stadium though, they did appreciate her efforts a lot and so
did I.

Cgs. to Amelie too though. Very cold handshake...

Yeah, congrats to Amélie!
About the handshake, actually Martina was nice at the net, it's just
that the kindness wasn't (and probably never will be) mutual.

Hugo24
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:14 PM
:woohoo: Great match Amelie shots were their for her and her Backhand is back she played amazing shots and hitting Aces she just played a great game.Now Beat JHH tomorrow .ALLEZ AMELIE ,GO MOMO:bounce:

Wayn77
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Hingis has gone winless against Momo this year :drool:
:drool: :drool:

MinnyGophers
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
She did, she really did, but she was obviously dead tired in the
third set and that affected her game significantly.
The crowd gave her a big standing ovation when she left the
stadium though, they did appreciate her efforts a lot and so
did I.

Yeah, congrats to Amélie!
About the handshake, actually Martina was nice at the net, it's just
that the kindness wasn't (and probably never will be) mutual.

Gee, you have to wonder why :tape:

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Justine will help out her fellow Adidas girl, don't worry Tina fans!

Absolutely :yeah:

Justine and Martina get on well and they practice together sometimes ... I know Justine will not tank against Amelie ... she will want revenge and she doesn't like to lose to a player twice in a row.:cool:

She likes Martina ... she'll help her out for sure :angel:

LegionArgentina
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Martina :bigcry:

I hope that Justine can beat Momo

MinnyGophers
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Absolutely :yeah:

Justine and Martina get on well and they practice together sometimes ... I know Justine will not tank against Amelie ... she will want revenge and she doesn't like to lose to a player twice in a row.:cool:

She likes Martina ... she'll help her out for sure :angel:

I cant believe Amelie and Justine used to be very good friends not too long ago :lol:

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I'm sad Martina lost today .....I so wanted her to win :sad:

Juju will hopefully save the day :angel:

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I cant believe Amelie and Justine used to be very good friends not too long ago :lol:

As I've said before .. they acknowledged each other at Eastbourne .. Amelie acknowledged first and Justine responded. I was :eek:

Ryan
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Damn, close loss. I think we have to look at this as a huge positive for Martina even if she doesnt make the semis. You can say she's lost to top players all year, which is true, so whats different? I just think that after a poor (relatively speaking) second half of the year, playing 3 top 5 players in a row is great for her. Obviously if she had another day of rest I think she could have closed this out, but her fitness seems to be holding up too. Well done Amelie.

VivalaSeles
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Amélie has not only won, but also leveled her head-to-head against Martina 7 to 7 :worship: :bounce: I want Amélie to beat Juju in 3 sets, so both Juju and Amélie can go to the semis :bounce:

Jamie
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:18 PM
For playing to three setters back to back, My favorite did her self proud. I was inpressed at her fighting spirit. I know if she had had a days rest, she would of taken it. I love your game Martina. You bring exitment to the game.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Martina :crying2:

Marcus Jordan
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Desite not winning today, this has been the most encouraging week of the year for Martina. And if everyone plays true to form then she will make the semis :) I just hope there is no hankypanky going on between Momo and Henin.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:51 AM
With the year-end #1 ranking up for grabs, I really doubt Justine is going to tank against Amelie. She's going to have a much easier time dealing with Martina in the semis and beyond than she would with Amelie anyway.

Besides, Justine and Amelie are not on the friendliest of terms anyway. The match Justine tanked at the YEC was against Ai Sugiyama, arguably the most popular player on tour.

partbrit
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Who knew what a thriller that was going to turn out to be? Martina's fitness needs to improve, but I don't think anyone on the tour could have been fresh after those two late-night matches she went through. Amelie is my favorite player and I was glad to see her keep her chances alive, but I was also pretty sad to see a very tough Hingis go out. Martina is really impressing me.

metamorpha
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Justine is way too generous to Amelie this year, two big losses at AO (a cheap one, too) and then Wimbledon.

Now she should rob both YEC and #1 ranking from Momo as sweet revenge and to make decent overall achievements this year!!

jenny161185
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:42 AM
who cares hingis has a win against Mauresmo in the only match that really matters AO 99 !!!!

metamorpha
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I forgot to say that pleaseee Justine!! you should also dump Momo to the pit of the group. It'll become a perfect year-end for Ame.... Allezzz!!

*escape*

esquímaux
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Momo! :)

hdfb
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Hey Guys, Marti Was Down 4-0 3rd Set And Managed To Get Back To 5-4. Thats A Pretty Darn Good Effort Against The World No.1!

I love Martina, but you're talking about "The World No. 1" that just got trounced 6-2 6-2 a few days ago. :o

*Jean*
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Well done Amélie !!! :) Now please win against Hénin and that's okay for a semifinal against Sharapova! ALLEZ AMéLIE !!

Kunal
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:34 AM
this was really gut wrenching

lecciones
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:44 AM
amelie why? why? Martina Go Go Go!!! Justine Go and win your next match!! Show your powers!!!

ioni
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:49 AM
amelie :yeah:

Vut
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:06 AM
:sad:

Bowser
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:23 AM
if Hingis wasn't tired, she would have won. Mauresmo couldn't finish her off when she was exhausted at 5-2, and Hingis' two errors won Mauresmo the match.

Please win JHH! You did it for me yesterday! :D

Natalicious
Nov 10th, 2006, 07:58 AM
momo :hearts:

and now plz beat justine :worship: :bowdown:

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Brilliant win Ame, please beat Justine :)

galadriel
Nov 10th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Amelie :D

hwanmig
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:06 AM
People are dismissing Amelie so easily when she's beaten Ms. Bellyache twice in a GS final.

Michael Pemulis
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Is It Definite That Martis In Semis?

Here in Italy, Eurosport's commentators said if MoMo will lose to Justine...Petrova will get the Semi. The rationale is the following:
Marti, Nadia and Amelia would be 1w-2l all. So, in order to break that you to consider a mini theorical round robin between the 3 of them, do not consider Justine. That done, Nadia is the first 'cause has 3 sets won and 2 sets lost. Marti is 3 sets won and 3 sets lost. Momo is 2 sets won and 3 lost.
I don't know whether a rule like this really exists in Wta, but in italian soccer It works exactly like this and we call it "classifica avulsa".

Yours Pem

Ceze
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM
^^ but it doesn't work like that ;)

Uranus
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I wish Martina had broken back to 5-5 and win the set once again :sobbing:

Mark for Martina
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Here in Italy, Eurosport's commentators said if MoMo will lose to Justine...Petrova will get the Semi. The rationale is the following:
Marti, Nadia and Amelia would be 1w-2l all. So, in order to break that you to consider a mini theorical round robin between the 3 of them, do not consider Justine. That done, Nadia is the first 'cause has 3 sets won and 2 sets lost. Marti is 3 sets won and 3 sets lost. Momo is 2 sets won and 3 lost.
I don't know whether a rule like this really exists in Wta, but in italian soccer It works exactly like this and we call it "classifica avulsa".

Yours Pem

Martina won 4 sets. Me thinks. 1 from Justine, 2 from Nadia, 1 from Amelie.

Michael Pemulis
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:43 AM
^^ but it doesn't work like that ;)

You sure ? Gimme a link to a WTA rule that shows what are you saying, guyz. And I would be happier. :D

With Regards,

Pem

Uranus
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:22 AM

Yours Pem

I think it works like that, yes ;)

Now Martina won 4 sets and lost 5 (so W-L sets = -1), Nadia won 3 sets and lost 4 (-1 but she won less sets than Marti) => Martina is first, Nadia's not in SF for sure.
Amelie, until now, has won 2 sets and lost 3. She needs 2 more sets so she MUST beat Justine and she'll be in SF. With a loss her W-L sets would be -2 or -3.

As for the #1 spot of the entire group, if Mauresmo wins over Justine (it would be 2 matches won for each):
Justine won 4 sets, lost 1. => With a straight set loss: 4-3; with a 3-set loss: 5-2.
Amelie won 2 sets, lost 3. => She needs a straight set win have the same W-L sets as Justine (4-3). If she wins in 3, she'll be 2nd.
So then I think it's about the W-L games, so, until now:
Justine won 30 games, lost 18. -> (30+x)-30, with x= number of games won by Justine, considering Amelie wins in 2 without TB (so 18+12= 30 games lost).
Amelie won 19 games, lost 23. -> Needs a straight sets win, 12 games won (if no TB): 31-(23+x).
=> 31-(23+x) > (30+x)-30 => Justine must not win more than 3 games!
(if you don't understand, just try like this: if Justine wins 3 games, 31-(23+3) = 31-27 = 4, (30+3)-30 = 33-30 = 3 => 4 > 3; if Justine wins 4 games, it's 31-27=4 and 34-30=4 => both have the same W/L, but Justine has the most games won; if Justine wins 5, it's 31-28=3 and 35-30=5, 3 < 5)
So you see Amelie has very little chances at finishing #1 of the group ;)

Or maybe it's easier and considering Amelie and Justine would have won 2 matches each, Amelie would be first because she'd have defeated Justine...

Is it correct? :scared: :angel:

Ceze
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:27 AM
^^ http://wwo.sonyericsson-championships.com/en/news/story/321.asp

Current world No.1 Amelie Maursmo, who rallied from a set down to post a 36 61 64 win over No.8 Martina Hingis, will join Henin-Hardenne in the semis if she beats her on Friday in their final round robin match. If Mauresmo loses, she will finish fourth in the Yellow Group and give Hingis the right to play in the semis. If Mauresmo beats Henin-Hardenne in straight sets, she'll finish No.1 in the group, but if the Frenchwoman needs three sets, Henin-Hardenne is first.

sapir1434
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:57 AM
^^just win this match Amelie :awww:

pooh14
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM
i thought when there is a tie between 2 players, head to head counts?

anyway, if amelie loses in 3 sets, hingis will still qualify right?

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Unlucky Hingis

sperona
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:03 PM
^^just win this match Amelie :awww:

ditto

great fight from Martina yesterday
her volley and dropshots :worship:

but Amélie was, by far, the best tactician even her lack of competition:bounce:

-Makiri-
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Martina :sad:

.Andrew.
Nov 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Well done, Amelie! Martina :sad:

Martian Jeza
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Yet I'm still pissed off at the YEC schedule, I'm sure if she could have a day off like Mauresmo had, Mauresmo had no chance of winning against Martina... Martina got very tired but fought very well : yet it wasn't enough to beat the lucky Mauresmo : It's unbelievable the luck she has when she plays Martina :rolleyes:

May brains prevail again on power *dream*

cheo23
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:02 PM
why couldn't u GET u're REVENGE, Martina HINGIS????? :rolleyes: :weirdo: :smash: :mad:

yes, I know u're "TIRED" but why couldn't u FIGHT HARDER IN THAT 2nd SET????? :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

GO CHEER FOR my QUEEN JUSTINE 2day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mauresmo :rolleyes: congrats

Morrissey
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Too little too late for Amelie. If Amelie had been more consistent this year the question about who would be no.1 wouldn't be in question. But the truth is Amelie despite winning 2 slams is not the no.1 player in the world she is too inconsistent.