PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Doubles Team Petrova/Hingis

joz
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:23 AM
I'd like to suggest a doubles paring of Petrova Hingis for next year. I think their games could work well in tandom. When they come in, they both seem to have a natural touch and with Petrova's serve it would set Hingis up for many put-aways.... Just a thought...

Ben.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I'd like to suggest a doubles paring of Petrova Hingis for next year. I think their games could work well in tandom. When they come in, they both seem to have a natural touch and with Petrova's serve it would set Hingis up for many put-aways.... Just a thought...

actually that wouldn't be bad. nadia's serve & hingis finesse & knowledge of doubles would make them a great doubles team. plus nadia can well at the net.

Orion
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:34 AM
I think that's actually very smart. Not only for the potential title haul, but for learning about different playing styles. Nadia has trouble understanding when people take different approaches to the wham, bam, thank you ma'am game, and watching Martina at the height of her finesse game would be very beneficial. Also, Hingis would be able to watch how a player produces the power that sometimes overwhelms her. It would be a lot like Clijsters-Sugiyama in that respect.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:36 AM
I thought Martina wanted to play with Daniela.. I hope they do at some point next year

PLP
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:39 AM
actually that wouldn't be bad. nadia's serve & hingis finesse & knowledge of doubles would make them a great doubles team. plus nadia can well at the net.

Yes, but I would prefer her to play with Kimmie! Doubt that either will play dubs though...:sad:

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I want Nadia to play with Sveta, so they get picked as an Olympic team.

Kunal
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
if u are looking for a serve...then venus when in form is the best

tennisbear7
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Even if Venus is on form, her second serve is very prone to breaking down.

And what's the possibility of Venus and Martina playing together? :help: :P

pooh14
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Even if Venus is on form, her second serve is very prone to breaking down.

And what's the possibility of Venus and Martina playing together? :help: :P

i would love it.
i hope hingis pairs with either serena or venus next year. if not lindsay :D

i always think 4 of them are class above the rest.

tenn_ace
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I want Nadia to play with Sveta, so they get picked as an Olympic team.

you said it baby:worship:

Mightymirza
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:54 PM
if u are looking for a serve...then venus when in form is the best

What??Serena 1st serve is much better placed than Vee's and about 2nd serves, rena has got one of the best 2nd serves in the game..I think Serena has much more effective serve than Venus even tho vee holds record for the fastest one