PDA

View Full Version : If Maria had been in Martina's place

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:20 AM
She would have beaten Henin yesterday in that 3 rd set. Martina blew it against Henin yesterday.

RenaSlam.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Well she wasn't.

Too bad.

:wavey:

franny
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:33 AM
If Maria was in Hingis' place, she probably would have beaten Justine in straights yesterday. How can you compare anyone to Sharapova, who has been the hottest player since the summer.

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:36 AM
If Maria was in Hingis' place, she probably would have beaten Justine in straights yesterday. How can you compare anyone to Sharapova, who has been the hottest player since the summer.

If henin had lost yesterday Maria would have been the new nr 1 now.

Lefty.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:37 AM
If henin had lost yesterday Maria would have been the new nr 1 now.

No, Henin still could win her next two matches and reach the semis and final.

Ben.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:39 AM
this thread just seems pointless 2 me.

crazyroberto6767
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:40 AM
this thread just seems pointless 2 me.
It is.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:40 AM
If Maria had been in Martina's place, we wouldn't be talking about this, would we?

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:42 AM
No, Henin still could win her next two matches and reach the semis and final.

I bet she will lose 1 of next 2 games i'm sure of that.
I'm still hoping she can't reach the final but if Maria will beat her like the usopen in the final she will be the player of the year i guess in my opinion, she will stole a Us Open and Yec from Henin and that's the difference between those 2 right now.

new-york
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:44 AM
2 + 2 = 6

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I made this "pointless" thread because even now i can't believe it how could not Hingis beat Justine in that condition. Justine was KO(mentally) since 5-2 until the end of the set.

go hingis
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Justine is always prepared and a tough opponent no matter how long she's been out. Before her US Open win I think Maria lost alot of grandslam semis in the third. I think Maria would have had a chance she's got the confidence and is always match tough but Justine would have fought till the end.

P_Fer
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:11 AM
There is absolutely no need for this tread

Ben.
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Justine is always prepared and a tough opponent no matter how long she's been out. Before her US Open win I think Maria lost alot of grandslam semis in the third. I think Maria would have had a chance she's got the confidence and is always match tough but Justine would have fought till the end.

all true & well said :worship:

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:16 AM
And if Martina Muller had been in Henin's place, Hingis would have won 6-0 6-1...what's your point?

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:18 AM
And if Martina Muller had been in Henin's place, Hingis would have won 6-0 6-1...what's your point?

Hingis could miss the semis because of that last set where she could finish Henin. Mauresmo can beat her.

quasar
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:30 AM
If Maria had been in Martina's place...she probably would have stolen Martina's abundant collection of trophies.

Cheers,

Carlos

Mileen
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:00 AM

plus is a far, far better player.

mdsc8
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:24 AM
... that match wouldnt be as exciting as it was.

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:26 AM
... that match wouldnt be as exciting as it was.

But Maria could risk to miss the final now no?
I really like Martina's game this tournament!

Justine Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM
There is absolutely no need for this tread

I know .... it's just another Maria obsessive :rolleyes:

Just wait .... when Maria finally loses a match, you won't see his azz for dust :lol:

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I know .... it's just another Maria obsessive :rolleyes:

Just wait .... when Maria finally loses a match, you won't see his azz for dust :lol:

I'm not a Maria fan i just simply like her atitude on the court that's it.
If she is losing one match so what she has the chance to win more in tennis in the years to come.
Her ambition makes her the best right now even better than Justine who has a fantastic mental.

littlepanda
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
A new dynasty is coming
Maria,the dominator of future

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:55 AM
A new dynasty is coming
Maria,the dominator of future

You really think so or you're just ironic?

littlepanda
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I do think so
Maria is playing very well since Acura,I think she will be better and better

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I do think so
Maria is playing very well since Acura,I think she will be better and better

I Think she is better and better since i saw her for the first time (Berlin 2004).
With that atitude she will be on first place like Pistol Pete or Roger Federer.

littlepanda
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Maria is a fighter,full of passion
I appreciate her spirit very much though I'm not her fan.

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Maria is a fighter,full of passion
I appreciate her spirit very much though I'm not her fan.

I must admit i was a Pete Sampras and Steffi Graf fan and after their retirement the only player who impressed me since then is this Young Tennis player named MARIA SHARAPOVA. I like the idea that she will dominate tennis like Pete in the future.

littlepanda
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I must admit i was a Pete Sampras and Steffi Graf fan and after their retirement the only player who impressed me since then is this Young Tennis player named MARIA SHARAPOVA. I like the idea that she will dominate tennis like Pete in the future.

I don't like Graf,but I like her husband,haha:devil:

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I don't like Graf,but I like her husband,haha:devil:

Steffi and Graf are legends they really make a good couple.

littlepanda
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Steffi and Graf are legends they really make a good couple.

You mean Steffi and Andre?:lol:

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:29 AM
You mean Steffi and Andre?:lol:

oh Yes Andre Agassi a exceptional fighter like Maria is today am i right?

Serena19
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM

Maria's three set record still isn't that good.

She has won a lot of matches in straight sets recently, if she's overpowering her opponents from the off then that's fine, but if it comes down to the wire in the third; if it's against an elite player Maria often loses as she only has mental toughness and doesn't have any trade mark wow shots or any great weapon that stands out, to get her out of trouble.

Maria just isn't as great as a player like Justine and never will be. Justine is still statistically more likely to end the year number one; and looked deadly in her match. Look out Maria, after playing so many injured opponents, playing a healthy, inform Justine may be a bit of a shock :lol: