PDA

View Full Version : My Confession.

RenaSlam.
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Ok, I thought Maria was a one-slam wonder up until she won her next USO, then I posted something similar to this post that congratulated her and showed people that I believed she was the real deal.

Shortly thereafter, because I was a jealous "Williams" fan, I started to hate, once again. This I admit, because for some reason I had doubts about her being "legit", etc.

However, after watching her after the Clijsters match she is here to stay. Her play today was SCARY good, her defense has improved, and most importantly she is SO mentally tough on the big points- incredible.

She is going to be very, very, hard to beat in the next few years if she continues to play and improve like this.

She is here to stay. :worship:

My negative comments will now cease as I realize Maria is at the top of the tennis world, and there is nothing I can do about it.

tennis-master83
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, I thought Maria was a one-slam wonder up until she won her next USO, then I posted something similar to this post that congratulated her and showed people that I believed she was the real deal.

Shortly thereafter, because I was a jealous "Williams" fan, I started to hate, once again. This I admit, because for some reason I had doubts about her being "legit", etc.

However, after watching her after the Clijsters match she is here to stay. Her play today was SCARY good, her defense has improved, and most importantly she is SO mentally tough on the big points- incredible.

She is going to be very, very, hard to beat in the next few years if she continues to play and improve like this.

My negative comments will now cease as I realize Maria is at the top of the tennis world, and there is nothing I can do about it.

If she continues to play that solid you think she can do what Serena didn't Win the whole 4 Gs in one year?

Brooklyn90
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:43 PM
i still don't like her :yeah: :p

IceHock
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I know what your saying but today she played an out of form Clijsters.

Stamp Paid
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:48 PM
If she continues to play that solid you think she can do what Serena didn't Win the whole 4 Gs in one year?

Even Serena couldn't do that. ;)

tennis-master83
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Even Serena couldn't do that. ;)

i'm not say she can do it but i'm sure she is a better player now than Serena in her golden years!

IceHock
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:52 PM
i'm not say she can do it but i'm sure she is a better player now than Serena in her golden years!

Don't make me laugh, seriously.

Stamp Paid
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:52 PM

Agreed.

tennis-master83
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Don't make me laugh, seriously.

You think i'm bluffing?;)

Marcus Jordan
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I think she only cares about winning and doesn't care if she has to cheat or be unsportsgirllike to win so I wouldn't be surprised if she gets suspended for doping. Especially if she gets an injury and tries to recover really quick :)

Brooklyn90

:haha: :haha: ok sure ;)

new-york
Agreed.

o_O

...;)

IceHock
You think i'm bluffing?;)

Serena won roland garros when she was dominant, she beat the clay courters, Maria hasn't done that yet, she hasn't won the AO yet, and she has bad records against Henin and Mauresmo this year, now if you say this next year, I might change my mind.

No Name Face
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:56 PM

i think you WANT to believe that more than you actually do.

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=dAnFan;9449204]Serena won roland garros when she was dominant, she beat the clay courters, Maria hasn't done that yet, she hasn't won the AO yet, and she has bad records against Henin and Mauresmo this year, now if you say this next year, I might change my mind.[/QUOTE

Let's just wait until next year to see who has the right opinion. i'm not an expert but i'm telling you something. When i saw Maria for the first time in 2004 at Berlin Open she was playing against Capriati (you're Capriati's fan???)
she lost but she was so ambitious that day and in that day i realized she will be a great champion. She was on 36 place in rankings not in top 20.

LH2HBH
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:05 AM

I like what you've said. As long as you are not one of the people who attacked me when I admitted the sames things about myself with regards to Serena ;)

IceHock
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:06 AM
[quote=dAnFan;9449204]Serena won roland garros when she was dominant, she beat the clay courters, Maria hasn't done that yet, she hasn't won the AO yet, and she has bad records against Henin and Mauresmo this year, now if you say this next year, I might change my mind.[/QUOTE

Let's just wait until next year to see who has the right opinion. i'm not an expert but i'm telling you something. When i saw Maria for the first time in 2004 at Berlin Open she was playing against Capriati (you're Capriati's fan???)
she lost but she was so ambitious that day and in that day i realized she will be a great champion. She was on 36 place in rankings not in top 20.

Of course i'm a JCap fan, but you won't have the right opinion next year because I said wait till next year, i'm agreeing with you though, she might be dominant next year.

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:08 AM
[quote=tennis-master83;9449228]

Of course i'm a JCap fan, but you won't have the right opinion next year because I said wait till next year, i'm agreeing with you though, she might be dominant next year.

That was what i said she will dominate the Tennis in 2007. Right now she just started her domination please accept that. She is just 19.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:09 AM
o_O

...;)

:lol:

IceHock
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:10 AM
[quote=dAnFan;9449234]

That was what i said she will dominate the Tennis in 2007. Right now she just started her domination please accept that. She is just 19.

You said she was dominating right now, better than Serena?? If I misread i'm sorry but i'm pretty sure thats what you said.

Marcus1979
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:14 AM
You said she was dominating right now, better than Serena?? If I misread i'm sorry but i'm pretty sure thats what you said.

there is the evidence ;)

darrinbaker00
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:14 AM

Not mine, my friend:
MASHA SUCKS!!

Dan23
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:15 AM
how long will this last Renaslam? :p

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:16 AM
[quote=tennis-master83;9449242]

I've sais she is now a better player than Serena in her golden years not that she was dominating better like Serena, like you said.

WIMBLY2004
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Gosh, haters must be really bored these days as Maria is winning, go play with you fingers and leave Masha alone.

IceHock
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:20 AM
[quote=dAnFan;9449248]

I've sais she is now a better player than Serena in her golden years not that she was dominating better like Serena, like you said.

Well then I still disagree, cause Serena in her golden years was almost unbeatable. Plus she won on every surface.

Derek.
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Agreed.

:o :o :o

felldownagain
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:21 AM

A very fair post - good for you.

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:26 AM
[quote=tennis-master83;9449263]

Well then I still disagree, cause Serena in her golden years was almost unbeatable. Plus she won on every surface.

I want to know something from you:
What do you like on Maria Sharapova and what do you dislike :angel: :angel:

IceHock
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:34 AM
[quote=dAnFan;9449276]

I want to know something from you:
What do you like on Maria Sharapova and what do you dislike :angel: :angel:

I like her serve, fight, forehand, body

I dislike her volleys, dropshots, and attitude

Look, I know Sharapova is good, and she is playing very well right now mostly because of the serve and she is in the best form out of anyone in the YEC, but to me, there are other players with more complete games who'm if they play their best will beat Maria, maybe except on hard courts, i'll give her that. If she does it on RA and clay then maybe i'll change my mind, but it's just my opinion.

Dan23
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Maria could/should have been in the last 2 AO Finals...there is no problem with rebound ace for her.....and Lleytons managed to arrange some slightly quicker courts for next year as well :cool:

IceHock
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Maria could/should have been in the last 2 AO Finals...there is no problem with rebound ace for her.....and Lleytons managed to arrange some slightly quicker courts for next year as well :cool:

coulda, shoulda, blah, blah ,blah. Just like me saying Daniela shouldn't choke so much.

Dan23
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:46 AM
coulda, shoulda, blah, blah ,blah. Just like me saying Daniela shouldn't choke so much.
Yes but being in SF's shows she is on top of it...its not too big a step to make the final

RenaSlam.
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:49 AM

Hmmmm....NO.

darrinbaker00
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Gosh, haters must be really bored these days as Maria is winning, go play with you fingers and leave Masha alone.
No, I don't think I will:
MASHA SUCKS!!

morningglory
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:20 AM
:hug:
Let us Masha/Serena/Venus fans join together! (And later on, I'm positive Nicky will be added there as well)

RenaSlam.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Let us Masha/Serena/Venus fans join together! (And later on, I'm positive Nicky will be added there as well)

Here, here! :toast:

morningglory
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:27 AM
:drink:
We're waiting for you... Nicky...

Andy.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:28 AM

Thank you :worship: so much for these comments, it takes guts to say these things and you will if you didnt have already a lot of respect from me.

RenaSlam.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Thank you :worship: so much for these comments, it takes guts to say these things and you will if you didnt have already a lot of respect from me.

Thanks, it was a combination of jealousy that Maria was doing so well and sadness that Serena hasn't been playing.

But I know Serena will be back in '07 to destroy everyone :)

WIMBLY2004
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:30 AM
No, I don't think I will:
MASHA SUCKS!!

Obviously your fingers are quite boring, oh well, go play with Olivia57563 and supergrunt, you guys can definately form a group and have some fun together:kiss:

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Thanks, it was a combination of jealousy that Maria was doing so well and sadness that Serena hasn't been playing.

Everyone except Maria who owns her like she owns: Davenport,Hingis and many other glories from the past.

darrinbaker00
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:33 AM
:ras: :ras: :ras: :ras: :ras:

darrinbaker00
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Obviously your fingers are quite boring, oh well, go play with Olivia57563 and supergrunt, you guys can definately form a group and have some fun together:kiss:
No, I don't think I will (you know the rest). ;)

WIMBLY2004
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:39 AM
No, I don't think I will (you know the rest). ;)

I know;)

Maria Rocks!!:rocker2:

darrinbaker00
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:45 AM
I know;)

Maria Rocks!!:rocker2:
Are you telling Maria to eat two bananas on the next changeover? :devil:

Brooklyn90
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:47 AM
I know;)

Maria Rocks Roddick's Cock!!:rocker2:

:worship:

WIMBLY2004
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:51 AM

What's your suggestion then? Eat two cheeseburgers?:lol:

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
We'll START to discuss a Sharapova slam when she wins A clay tournament...Berlin, Rome, Amelia Island, Budapest ANYTHING. Until then, it's a pipedream at best. Is she a great player? Yes. Can she win the slam? Not even close yet

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:54 AM
We'll START to discuss a Sharapova slam when she wins A clay tournament...Berlin, Rome, Amelia Island, Budapest ANYTHING. Until then, it's a pipedream at best. Is she a great player? Yes. Can she win the slam? Not even close yet

Can Dementieva win it not in this lifetime. Masha elena 6-2.

Lefty.
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:55 AM

Erm, we're not talking about Elena. We're talking about Maria.

WIMBLY2004
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:56 AM
:worship:

I didn't know you worshiped Roddick's cock, eww...:eek:

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:57 AM

I LOVE Elena, but even I'm not dumb enough to think that she can win the slam. I do think she's a better clay court player than Maria though:devil:

Brooklyn90
I didn't know you worshiped Roddick's cock, eww...:eek:

yes i do:p

tennis-master83
Erm, we're not talking about Elena. We're talking about Maria.

Everyone's talking about Maria she has the momentum in WTA right now, she is the Future of Wta.

Lefty.
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Everyone's talking about Maria she has the momentum in WTA right now, she is the Future of Wta.

As you're talking about Maria, there wasn't a need to bring Elena into the conversation.

tennis-master83
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:06 AM
As you're talking about Maria, there wasn't a need to bring Elena into the conversation.

You're right my bad, Elena isn't a grand slam champion she didn't deserve to talk about her sorry.:)

Andy.
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:07 AM

I hope your right Maria and Serena both healthy and playing at their best would be :drool: the ultimate rivalry.

dreamgoddess099
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:42 AM

Ok, your credibility as a rational thinker just went down the drain.:lol: Maria's playing well right now, but it certainly isn't close to Serena's 2002 to 2003 where Serena played 21 events, made 18 semis, 15 finals, won 13 titles, and won 5 slams all while not going out before the quarters in a single tournament and even then there were only 3 times when she didn't at least make the semis. You sound really really young.

mandynyuna
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM

The bananas are totally irrelevant in this discussion, don't you think?

darrinbaker00
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:30 AM
The bananas are totally irrelevant in this discussion, don't you think?
No, I do not. ;)

franny
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:38 AM
It'd be great to see Maria play Serena at the Australian. Maria is just hitting the ball so hard, so deep, so consistently. It's astonishing.

RenaSlam.
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:57 AM
It'd be great to see Maria play Serena at the Australian. Maria is just hitting the ball so hard, so deep, so consistently. It's astonishing.

I would love to see a Maria-Serena rivalry ensue...two of tennis' biggest divas atop the tennis world...:drool: :lick:

miffedmax
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Masha will always be "TOB"* to me.

*That Other Blonde

jacobruiz
Nov 10th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Maria's ascendency to the top of the tennis world (along with several others) will provide us with many great matches in the future!:drool: :worship:

And Renaslam...:drink: :D

Andy T
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:07 PM

This is a VERY classy post :worship:

Shoulderpova
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:40 PM
can't believe this is thread of the poster who gave me a red dot for posting "Go Masha" :)

RenaSlam.
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Maria's ascendency to the top of the tennis world (along with several others) will provide us with many great matches in the future!:drool: :worship:

And Renaslam...:drink: :D

More like...:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

serenafan08
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=dAnFan;9449248]

:lol: Serena is a smarter player than Maria is. Her tactics are better and she has a plan B, whereas Maria just hits the ball hard to the corners on every shot. She can come to net and put volleys away - something Maria is terrible at. Mobility is a no-brainer; Serena is a much better mover than Maria is. She can take pace off the ball and move it around until she finds her rhythm - something you never see Maria do. Her serve is, was, and always will be better than Maria's because she has more variety and better disguise. I love how people try to compare Maria's two Grand Slams to Serena's seven. She has a long way to go before you can start comparing her to Serena. And when she can get past the quarterfinals of a clay court tournament, then you can start the comparison.

jacobruiz
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
More like...:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

;)

Il Primo!
Nov 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM
:lol: Serena is a smarter player than Maria is. Her tactics are better and she has a plan B, whereas Maria just hits the ball hard to the corners on every shot. She can come to net and put volleys away - something Maria is terrible at. Mobility is a no-brainer; Serena is a much better mover than Maria is. She can take pace off the ball and move it around until she finds her rhythm - something you never see Maria do. Her serve is, was, and always will be better than Maria's because she has more variety and better disguise. I love how people try to compare Maria's two Grand Slams to Serena's seven. She has a long way to go before you can start comparing her to Serena. And when she can get past the quarterfinals of a clay court tournament, then you can start the comparison.

Quite agree but Maria is not that far from Serena's peak years. And concerning Maria level on clay, trust me, it will significantly improve next year.

morningglory
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=tennis-master83;9449263]

Well, Masha's development rate is certainly promising, you can't deny that... Masha is right on her way up if you compare her now with Serena at 19...
But anyway... time will tell all.

darrinbaker00
Nov 10th, 2006, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=tennis-master83;9449263]

By no means am I a Sharapova fan, but she will end this season no worse than #2, while Serena will end this season at #95. Maria has two majors at age 19, while Serena only had one. The way I see it, the comparisons can start whenever Serena gets back on the court.

tennisrox
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM

:haha: :haha:

*wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

:o
Did you even watch Serena play at her peak? NO COMPARISON whatsoever! Serena was just scary. I used to feel sorry for her opponents the moment they stepped on the court to face her.
Sharapova is an excellent player, but she's nowhere near serena's class right now, and probably never will be. But she'll be a terrific player for sure.