PDA

View Full Version : what bizarre scheduling

doujyr
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:38 PM
hingis and petrova playing 3 in a row.

is it inevitable given the format that 2 players have to play 3 in a row? i can't quite work it out .... :scratch:

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:39 PM

is it inevitable given the format that 2 players have to play 3 in a row? i can't quite work it out .... :scratch:

every player gets a day off in the four days of the RR's and these is the fourth day

I think this is correct :)

PLP
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:39 PM

Yeah, this was really dumb dumb dumb...Justine/Amelie should be tomorrow...what idiots!!!

pierce0415
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:40 PM

4 players have to play 3 days in a row
Hingis / Petrova (1st 3 days)
Kuznetsova / Clijsters (2nd 3 days)

irinska
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:53 PM
There is not such thing like justice!

lecciones
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Yes for some reason I was puzzled, what kind of disadvantage and advantage for others are they giving? This is very sad. But Hingis can do this, she is a fighter and Im so proud of her performance!

pooh14
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:09 AM
well, i do not think it is unfair, i just think it is stupid.

cause almost every player will have 3 consecutive day match.
if justine, amelie qualify for semis, then they have to play 3, and 4 if they qualify for final.

so, in short YEC should be longer then 1 week. it is unfair to expect good performance if you are asking players to play consecutively for 3 days (top 10 level). it is way harder then grand slam if you ask me.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:58 AM
You never know what's a plus or a minus.
If Martina makes the semis, that day off might really help her.
If she tires tomorrow, the 3 straight could hurt her.
There's no way of knowing if it's good or bad.

Marcus Jordan
Nov 9th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I think Martina will beat Momo, so its a good thing.