PDA

View Full Version : IT'S ON YOUTUBE NOW!! "Has Been" Hingis def. "Courageous Fighter" Petrova 6-4 3-6 6-3

LoveFifteen
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:57 PM
IT'S ON YOUTUBE NOW!

As she stood on the court, spent but victorious, a playful grin crossed her face. She had proven the doubters wrong. The haters had been pwned. They had told her she wouldn't even win a set at the YEC, and she'd already won three.

"Three," she thought to herself. "If you add that to the number of Slams my opponent has won, you get three. And if you multiply that by her number of fans, you get 12, which equals the number of Slam titles I won before I retired." :lol:

She yawned. Her opponent was boring. :yawn:

ADDED LATER:

The fierce battle had left her weary and drained. She was thristy and hungry. She looked up into the stands. There he was. People mocked his ugly face, but in the dark that didn't matter. The shadows could hide a homely face, but the darkness can't mask a little dick. That's what mattered to her.

People mocked his fish lips because they didn't know how well those luscious lips knew how to tame that kitty. Wowzers!

She wiped the sweat off her brow. She was starving. She smirked at him and nodded, knowing it would soon be time for her to eat a banana and drink some milk.

fufuqifuqishahah
:(

égalité
:woohoo: :worship: :hearts:

GO MARTINA! Now make the semis!! :rocker2:

RJWCapriati
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:58 PM
so many threads.....how fun!

Sally Struthers
:haha: Martina :bowdown:

fufuqifuqishahah
ahahah three threads at once! =P

nadia kind of faltered at the end there. :sad:

but goood job marti

!<blocparty>!
As she stood on the court, spent but victorious, a playful grin crossed her face. She had proven the doubters wrong. The haters had been pwned. They had told her she wouldn't even win a set at the YEC, and she'd already won three.

"Three," she thought to herself. "If you add that to the number of Slams my opponent has won, you get three. And if you multiply that by her number of fans, you get 12, which equals the number of Slam titles I won before I retired." :lol:

LOL, that was quick. :p:p

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE BEAT PETROVA!!!! Finally a big win. :worship:

Nadia. :o

Amazing last game!

Muffin the Mule
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Martina :worship:

What a response from yesterday! :)

Now beat Mauresmo and reach the semis!!!

RJWCapriati
:)

F-R-E-A-K
:woohoo: :hearts: :hearts:

selyoink
Nadia may end up regretting this loss for a long time. Could cost her a spot in the semis.

Good win for Hingis but I'd still be shocked if she advances.

josemanuel
Congrats Marti!!
I´m soooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!

Nicolás89
yes take that haters:armed:

msharafan
well done she really deserves it i hope she can beat amelie now and make it to the semis! :)

morningglory
0-15 you should really become a writer...
wish you took more time to do it a bit longer tho... but that bit was pretty good.

Nadia pls step it up for ur next match, as ur semi spot is at stake...

brent-o
that match was amazing! go marti!

Dexter
What a match - congrats Martina!!! :eek:

MikeJones
Big win...congrats Marti

P_Fer
Wow Martina that was awsome! Good job

Nadia:sad: good try

Drake1980
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Martina:banana:

loppy
Well done Martina. :worship:

star
:woohoo:

I was afraid she was going to lose all of her matches :lol:

Vaidisova
Wasn't expecting Martina to win the match. Congrats Martina! :) Great win...

hythger
3 threads... :lol:

Congrats Hingis, you so deserved it.:worship:

Buitenzorg
I will always beliving on HINGIS ;)

~Poseidon~
A very impressive performance by Martina.

LegionArgentina
Well Done Martina ¡

:bounce:

Sund7101
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Way to go Marti, keep it up!

tobe
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:02 PM
well done! Loves it

franny
LMAO at the thread title. Omg I'm soooo happy!!!! Congrats Martina!! I'm so proud of you and your fight, you seriously rock. Please get some rest and come out tomorrow firing again, and hopefully take urself into the semis. Woot go Martina!!

Billabong
Martinaaaaaaaaaa:woohoo:!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME VICTORY, probably her biggest since beating Sharapova in Tokyo:yeah: Keep it up Martina, you're fantastic:banana:!!!

Ben.
Congrats Martina :yeah: nice way 2 rebound back from that loss against justine :yippee: good luck against amelie :)

spencercarlos

Take that doubters, even not playing full confidence Martina always finds her way to do something especial :kiss:

Love the thread Love Fiftheen ;)

~Kiera~
Martina :worship:

Congrats! You totally deserved this win.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:03 PM
:bowdown: NICE WIN HINGIS! THE DIVA LEGEND IS FULLY BACK!!!:worship:

Nicky2002
Martina :yeah:

!Gio!
Martina is amazing, amazing, I am so happy right now, I love that smile, she just makes tennis look so graceful, so beautiful, that matchpoint was amazing it was amazing, she is so happy she is in a Utopia and so am I. Lovya Marti, now win some more!!!

treufreund
love this thread title too. GREAT PERFORMANCE, MARTINA!!!

:inlove:
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Martina looked so happy. :worship: :worship: :hearts:
Nadia. :lol: :ras: :banana:

Ryan
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:05 PM
:D WICKED. I'm so stoked. I neeeed this on megaupload.

Wayn77
Congratulations Ms Hingis :sobbing: :sobbing: :speakles: :speakles: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Justine Fan
Well done Martina .... that final shot was :eek: You so deserved this win especially after yesterday!

Rachel_
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM

LMAO

well done tina!!!!!!! XxxX

Mightymirza
Allez marti!!

Hawn
:worship: :worship: Martina, I always knew you were still one of the best in the game:worship: :worship:

Océane
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:07 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

I'm so happy !! She's unbelievable !!!

jenny161185
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:07 PM
MARTINA im so happy for you - your doing great at the YEC now take Amelie down :) :) will this be on youtube soon? I cant wait to see some of it

crazillo
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Such a great performance by Martina. She had only a very few UE's and her consistency was the reason why she won the match - great victory. :D

I'm very ecited about tommorow now - though I don't like the fact that Martina has to play again...

Ferosh
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Congrats Martina, you played a superb match. She handled Petrova's power very well. Good luck tomorrow against Amelie.

Nadia :( This loss could cost you the semis. :o
The attitude needs to improve...A LOT!

Ryan
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:09 PM
What was the final point like? :eek: Goddamn it, who knew I could get so excited about tennis anymore?

Derek.
Yes, Martina! :woohoo:

Keep going! :D

Beat Momo! :devil:

TonyP
I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but Martina's first serve is definitely improving. Still not the kind of pop on it that a Maria or other big servers have, but the thing is, it is so damn well placed at times that nobody can get to it and she is slowly, but surely, turning it into a weapon.

Could this have something to do with her changing coaching situation?

Ryan
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Tony - I noticed her serve being very good in the first set of her match with ALG at Zurich. BTW, who's she working with now? I assumed she'd just have a hitting partner without her mom there.

LUXXXAS
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Martina OMFG it was AMAZING! :inlove::yeah: I knew you will win! :woohoo::banana:

PLP
Congrats Martina, you played a superb match. She handled Petrova's power very well. Good luck tomorrow against Amelie.

Nadia :( This loss could cost you the semis. :o
The attitude needs to improve...A LOT!

Truthfully Nadia got out to a very slow start and Martina was hot at the beginning, really the key to the match IMO!

Overall, Great match and Martina's biigest win since Rome!!!

Martina!!! I can't belive this, once Nadia got it to the 3rd set and I really didn't think you could do it, but THANKS a millions times for proving me wrong!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nadia :hug:
Good luck against Justine tomorrow!!!

Hagar
If you truly love tennis, you can only be over the moon with Martina's comeback. Her tennis is so mature, intelligent and sophisticated. What a joy to watch.

lynch79
Well done Martina!!!

Thank you LoveFifteen!

PLP
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Tony - I noticed her serve being very good in the first set of her match with ALG at Zurich. BTW, who's she working with now? I assumed she'd just have a hitting partner without her mom there.

Radek.

Wintermute
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Good win Martina. :) Great tactical serving towards the end of the match.

This loss could be very costly for Nadia.

CaptnMatt
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:14 PM
yes! Hingis gets another top ten victory....the last one was in Montreal so it's been a while.....way to go! :bounce:

tard~tard
What a win! :worship:

To think that so meany people were convinced
that she was the weakest link in the yellow group.

Impressive Martina!
It's so good that she came back to the tour this year.

bellascarlett
Martina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :bounce: :banana:

Great job with the win especially after what happened yesterday! :D

Served better and generally played better. I'm so happy she gets to at least have a win. She was so emotional while being interviewed at the end. It looked like she was about to cry. :awww: :hug:

Martina has a good chance to get to the semis. Too bad she is quite sore and has to play 3 days in a row but maybe the confidence she'll get from this win will allow her to fight hard and win tomorrow against Amelie. You can do it Martina! Good Luck tomorrow! :D

franny
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
There were so many unbelievable points in that match, it's not even funny. Those drop shots, those lobs, those shots that landed like an inch from the baseline, AMAZING! I loved the last point very very much, but youw know what other point I loved, the point where Martina dragged Petrova around like a little mouse, dropped shot her, then volley lobbed her. Amazing!

Andy.
Yes yes yes well done Martina. Im so happy for her, now all she has to do is beat Amelie. Wooo Hooo Martina

G1Player2
What was the final point like? :eek: Goddamn it, who knew I could get so excited about tennis anymore?

You missed it? :eek: Anyway, it was a LONG tiring point and Martina was actually lightly grunting so I could tell she was spent. Anyway, Nadia hit a great approach shot and Martina tracked it down and hit a great forehand down the line while Nadia was at net.

LoveFifteen
The fierce battle had left her weary and drained. She was thristy and hungry. She looked up into the stands. There he was. People mocked his ugly face, but in the dark that didn't matter. The shadows could hide a homely face, but the darkness can't mask a little dick. That's what mattered to her.

People mocked his fish lips because they didn't know how well those luscious lips knew how to tame that kitty. Wowzers! :hearts:

She wiped the sweat off her brow. She was starving. She smirked at him and nodding, know it would soon be time for her to eat a banana and drink some milk. :drool:

franny
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I assume that even if Martina wins a set tomorrow, she'll be in good shape to reach the semis. I mean, Justine will prolly beat Mauresmo and Petrova. They'll all be 1-2. Then it will come down to head to heads. But then there will still be a three way tie even considering that, so then it will come down to sets won and lost, and so long as Justine beats Nadia in straights, and Martina wins one against Amelie, she's in. Of course, the best thing would be for Martina to just win tomorrow. Go Marti!!!!

morningglory
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:20 PM

People mocked his fish lips because they didn't know how well those luscious lips knew how to tame that kitty. Wowzers! :hearts:

She wiped the sweat off her brow. She was starving. She smirked at him and nodding, know it would soon be time for her to eat a banana and drink some milk. :drool:

Ingenuity from you once again! :D
I again bow to your skills!

Sagittarius
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:20 PM

ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

lukehingis
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:21 PM
OMG! Martina! I'm SO freaking proud of you!!!!

Nicky2002
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:22 PM
There were so many unbelievable points in that match, it's not even funny. Those drop shots, those lobs, those shots that landed like an inch from the baseline, AMAZING! I loved the last point very very much, but youw know what other point I loved, the point where Martina dragged Petrova around like a little mouse, dropped shot her, then volley lobbed her. Amazing!

god... sounds really exiting. i have to watch this match on youtube. Poldame is the man!

PLP

:lol:

OMFG!!!

In all seriousness though, I hope she saves her energy until AFTER tomorrows match...;)

Nickitos2006
Nadia :fiery: What the hell you were doing today? All that missed BP...:mad: just awful.
Still a good match, though. Your opponent deserved the win.
Good luck against Justine tomorrow.
P.S. 3 matches in 3 days for Nadia :eek: :help: F*cking schedule :mad:

Hant11
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Nadia :fiery: What the hell you were doing today? All that missed BP...:mad: just awful.
Still a good match, though. Your opponent deserved the win.
Good luck against Justine, Nadia.
P.S. 3 matches in 3 days for Nadia :eek: :help: F*cking schedule :mad:

same for martina :sad:

lecciones
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM

ADDED LATER:

People mocked his fish lips because they didn't know how well those luscious lips knew how to tame that kitty. Wowzers!

She wiped the sweat off her brow. She was starving. She smirked at him and nodded, knowing it would soon be time for her to eat a banana and drink some milk.

OMG the last part should be censored, hehehehe but a love this thread, wow has been? LoL sounds like a pirate in the caribbean.

Anyway congratulations Hingis never doubted you for a moment, love you so much! You are the best!!! And radek oh well, as long as you make her Happy then im happy for the both of you!

lecciones
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
OMG! Martina! I'm SO freaking proud of you!!!!

Me TOOO!!!! Yehey! Martina showed us she can be a fighter!

St.Sebastian
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Martina :yeah:

Martian Jeza
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Again the proof Martina CAN win against powertennis players ! It's sad many here are calling for the power as only weapon to defeat Hingis... It's clear at other sides Martina Hingis is better than every player on tour : only her serve is to be improved, moving a bit faster and getting stronger mentaly...

Well done Martina, I didn't think you would win a match at the YEC : and why not bring on Mauresmo tomorrow ! You have nothing to lose, everything to win ! :bounce:

cometz9
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Martina :woohoo: :banana: finally a fave of mine won a match today :help: great chance for the SF, please beat Momo :D

Nadia :o :tape: i thought she had this in the bag, she has to beat Justine now good luck.

Martian Jeza
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:37 PM
same for martina :sad:

Indeed, the schedule sucks hard ! At the other hand JHH and Mauresmo for example got 1 day off to rest...

iPatty
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:37 PM
nadia played so badly. :tape:

joaco
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:39 PM
congrats Martina!!!!!! Good luck tomorrow.... plase beat momo!

lukehingis
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:44 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ea/full.getty-tennis-wta-women-esp-hingis_6_10_24_pm.jpg
The win meant so much to her!

Erika_Angel
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Nadia that is shocking.

LoveFifteen
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I wish I could've written a better Martina parody, but I was started writing frantically when she went up 5-3 in the third! :lol:

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:50 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ea/full.getty-tennis-wta-women-esp-hingis_6_10_24_pm.jpg
The win meant so much to her!

great 2 see her like that :D

Ryan
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:50 PM
LF, that was great dont worry. ;) Does anyone know if this match will be uploaded by someone? I really need to see it. :p

lecciones
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM

Heheheh yes someone must upload as a megaupload or torrent? im so happy and so happy.... LoL

Marcus Jordan
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:03 PM
This is such a huge win, and especially since she took a set from Henin the day before, the YEC are turning out brilliantly for Martina Hingis and a very good shot at the SFs.

Looks like an emotional match judging by the pictures. I love watching her in emotional matches :)

IceHock
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
It was a great match from Martina, she played she did in the first half of the year, not amikng many errors, getting everything back, and pulling out those amazing shots that you think she couldn't do. Match point was great, great defense from Martina.

moby
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Loving the write up Lovefifteen.

Marti rocks. Get to the semis.

lecciones
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Thread moved?

metamorpha
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Martina is always best be an underdog when she could play her best tennis.

She could get a huge mental boost from the win, too.

Havok
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Martina!:hearts::drool:

Take down Mauresmo now and make the semis!!:D

ctan88
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:23 PM
WOW Martina :) Your fans are all so happy ... We're behind you 100% for the Mauresmo match ... GOOD LUCK BABE!

go hingis
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:32 PM
YAY, Great Win!!!! I can't believe Martina's playing three days straight. Oh it's Martina Hingis who else does anybody want to watch. Nadia has been in great form and this should boast Martina's confidence. Know she just needs to beat one of those Belgiums to help her confidence.

Nadia better luck next time.

franny
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I was so happy to see how much this win meant to her. The look on her face and the squeal at the end just put such a smile on my face. I love you Martina!!!! Win or lose, you are the best!!!

swissmisshingis
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:42 PM
yay congrats Hingis :bounce: :worship:

I'm so happy right now :D :drool:

Chewie
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Great match. Many entertainingly superb shots from Martina as usual. That one "cat and mouse"-rally was one of the best I've seen, ever, including men.

She started very strong and got into Nadia's head. Martina's serve look really good, it very clearly has improved a lot, even more than I thought. Match against Momo should be a great match, lots of long rallies and finesse.

Martina's outfit was beautiful. Well played!
:worship: :worship: :worship:

partbrit
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Oh my god--Martina was playing like...Martina! I was so excited, watching her, especially those serves and immediate service winners. I now have to rethink my Hingis theory. I kept saying she will have to get a better-than-mediocre first serve and a better-than-complete disaster second serve in order to compete at the highest rung. Now I'm thinking she's had them the whole time and there has been some mental block about her serve. Interesting that Radek was there and Melanie wasn't.

go hingis
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Eurosport news where showing a clip from Martina 2000 YEC win. She's holding the trophy and the crowd are cheering and you can see she's emotional and about to cry. It's good to see how much she wants it and that she's willing to fight for it. Keep it going Mytina. lol

vejh
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Everybody's gonna play 3 days straight; everyone gets just one day of rest.

I knew she would do it. I knew it.

doris_hdz
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM
congrats martina.....

go martina ...go!!!

Alvarillo
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Martina :hearts: :worship:

SUPER
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM
I have just arrived home from the arena and all i can say is that today im happy as i've never been. Its been a dream, what a match from martina, what a fight, what a superclass player, what an end and what a crowd. One of the most beautiful days in my life, to see that fight from marti and the happiness in her face at the end, its worth the whole week. I cant speak as i cheered more than in soccer matches, the ambience was great. And tomorrow Mauresmo... please, i pray for her to be in the semis, cmon martiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

croat123
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:34 AM
AMAZING MARTINA!! she played really well!

i hope she and nadia are the two that go on to the semis!!!

moby
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Someone has to upload this match. Please, please, please.

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Martina :D

Nadya :sad: :sad: :sad:

MisterQ
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:49 AM
congrats martina!

Hingiswinsthis
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Well without a doubt, Martina Hingis has been the star of the tournament. No matter what ranking she is, she always BRINGS the drama to her matches and her matches this week so far are a reflectiong of the excitement she used to bring back in the late 90s in these markee matches. She's saved this tournament from utter boredom and you've got to give it to her.

louchie_12
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:54 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: congrats, princess! keep it up! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

dinhd82
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Take that doubters, even not playing full confidence Martina always finds her way to do something especial :kiss:

Love the thread Love Fiftheen ;)

LOL! I did not bother to read the threads, has Steffica commented on this match yet SC? LOLS!!!

crazyroberto6767
Nov 9th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Martina :bowdown: absolutely brilliant win. I saw most of the match, up until she broke in the third set (missed match point :(). I have to say Martina was finally playing her game for most of the match. There was a period where Nadia overpowered her and she got a little impatient (losing 4 straight games in 2nd set), but I'm so glad she fought and pulled out the third :yeah:. Some of the points were breath-taking from her, especially like someone said the long point that ended in a lob volley winner. Also, :bowdown: to Martina's serving out the first set. 2 aces and great serving all around in that crucial game. Good luck against Mauresmo, hopefully she can play well again!

:sad: Nadia, her forehand and attitude broke down more and more as the match went on. I don't think she played all that poorly overall, but she did at the moments that mattered the most (as it is with most losers of matches). Good luck against Justine :yeah:

Pasta-Na
Nov 9th, 2006, 01:43 AM
didnt expect that :eek: well done, martina :) even i dont like u so much :lol:

dinhd82
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:09 AM
I've never seen Martina reacted after she won like that before!!!! It was so great to see!! Like a little junior getting her first big win against a top player!

Martian Stacey
Nov 9th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Great win, congrats Martina :D :worship: :bounce:

Good luck against Mauresmo!

Xanadu11
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Fucking brilliant. I have been so busy with my deluge of asessments and exams I totally forgot about this match. I wish I could have seen it.

Martina:hearts: :worship:

Josh.
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:01 AM
OMG!!! WOOOOOOO :woohoo:
im so proud of you martina.. way to prove thoses doubters wrong

swissmisshingis
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:06 AM

yes please someone upload the match..i want to see it :(

papru
Martina :inlove:

swissmisshingis

yes please someone upload the match..im dying to see it :(

stevos
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:32 AM
LMAO at added part. :lol:

rrfnpump
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Nadya pffffff :o :fiery:
that was not a good performance, too many brainfarts going on!

if Nadya beats Justine and Martina beats Amelie Justine also could be the loser, she would be mad at herself for letting Martina back in the match yesterday

Kunal
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:51 AM
boah i did not see this coming to be honest

hingisGOAT
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:59 AM
:banana:

fantastic match from both players, especially martina. there were so many incredible winners from start to finish. her groundies were really firing as was her serve. and she keeps her YEC hopes alive :)

this might be my favorite match so far this year, very exciting high-quality ball striking.

notice hingis has taken down the entire russian armada in 2006: sharapova, kuznetsova, petrova, dementieva, myskina, zvonareva, safina, kirilenko

LUIS9
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM

I know this is wicked amazing. It's finally a good win for Martina after her excellent start to the '06 season right up until Roland garros. Yes she had good wins in Montreal but this is her 2nd biggest win to date this season. I really wasn't expecting a win, given Petrova's form of late. I tend to agree with Hingis Petrova probably underestimated Hingis for this encounter. Wippie!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Yes I need this match what the heck weren't they showing the yec championships on ESPN or the tennis channel? That's what tennis week says?

treufreund
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:04 AM
:banana:

fantastic match from both players, especially martina. there were so many incredible winners from start to finish. her groundies were really firing as was her serve. and she keeps her YEC hopes alive :)

this might be my favorite match so far this year, very exciting high-quality ball striking.

notice hingis has taken down the entire russian armada in 2006: sharapova, kuznetsova, petrova, dementieva, myskina, zvonareva, safina, kirilenko

it's fabulous that Hingis has been able to beat all of them and their boring tennis style. of course they got in several wins on Martina but overall her record against the Russians is positive!!! and yet so many haters thought the power playing Russians would just kill Hingis. :rolleyes:

Ben.
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I tend to agree with Hingis Petrova probably underestimated Hingis for this encounter. Wippie!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

i agree with u there. nadia probably blames herself 4 the loss but martina was just playing out of her mind though so 2 good martina. reckon she's got a good chance now of reaching the semis alongwith justine, both of them r probably the freshest out of amelie & nadia at the moment.

pla
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Martina :worship: I knew she can do it :woohoo: I was so tired yesterday I fell asleep and couldn't see the match :sad: but it's ok as long as Martina keeps her chances to qualify for the semis :D

Nadia :hug: too bad you're in this group :(

Pls guys, I need a favour! Can someone see at eurosport's site ( http://www.eurosport.com/tvschedule_clng0.shtml ), when exactly will be the replay of this match, as I can't see it with my browsers :sad: PLS, pls!

disco_rage
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Great fight Martina you can take Mauresmo!

OZTENNIS
Nov 9th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Congrats Martina! Hopefully my two faves (Justine & Marti) will make S/F!

ioni
Nov 9th, 2006, 06:28 AM
:bolt:

Kunal
Nov 9th, 2006, 06:41 AM

ADDED LATER:

WILD!!!!!

Alicia Rocks
Nov 9th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Martina :woohoo: :D :hearts:

Jeff
Nov 9th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Well, I finally was able to watch the tape tonight. Woo hoo! So happy for Marti :) :)

Now beat Mauresmo tomorrow :yeah:

TiK-Tee
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Yeahhh Hingis :banana:

Bowser
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:18 AM

"Hingis will lose every match" :lol:

John.
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:23 AM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

*Jean*
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Nadia :sad: :sad: Please beat Hénin now!

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:55 AM
great win ofr hingis,thank god sum 1 beat petrova:) :) :) :) :)

hingis2002cn
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM
so happy................

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Oh that sucks for Nadia... She really disappointed me :sad:

Ellery
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Nadia :rolleyes:

Jogi
Nov 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM
what an amazing performance from Martina, it's just so cool to watch her and having fun
hopefully she's not too tired now, GL against Mauresmo

LoveFifteen
Nov 9th, 2006, 01:21 PM
A clip is on youtube now! It shows the best points.

Also, there is a Martina interview. SHE IS SO :hearts:

cheo23
Nov 9th, 2006, 01:26 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yeah: :bigclap:

thats my BITCHY ASS MARTINA HINGIS!!!!! :worship: :bowdown:

she looks so happy & this will BUILD HER CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

her serve has DEFINETLY improved!!!!!

Keep working on that SERVE THOUGH!!! its STILL attackable & add more POWER TO u're SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad, she hung in there in that 3rd set & watched as Nadia Petrova hit ALOT OF UEs!!! :lol:

GO DEFEAT MAURESMO NOW!!!!!!!!!!

hingis-seles
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:20 PM
:D :D :D

Wow. I didn't expect this at all. Saw Poldame's clip on YouTube. I loved the reaction and emotion at the end. Great stuff. Looked like played an excellent match.

Hopp Tina against Amelie.

Uranus
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:06 PM
It really surprised me a lot! Mauresmo must be in terrible shape. I hope Martina beats her too and we'll have a surprise finalist!!

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I watched the clip on youtube, and that's the best fast-court tennis I've seen Martina play this year! SO happy for her!:worship:
Now kick Momo's ass :devil:

LoveFifteen
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Martina's lobs and dropshots were just :drool:

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Martina's lobs and dropshots were just :drool:

No kidding! No one else could do that!

tennisrox
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM

What a performance! I'm so happy to see Martina getting some of her own back against some of the players she's supposed to be too weak to handle. I really hope that next year brings some of marti's best tennis. :bounce: