PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with the lines judges in Madrid?

Dexter
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:21 PM
:help:

So many bad calls. Players have to challenge every second call in this match :tape: :lol:
And also all of those foot faults in Elena's matches :confused:

LDF
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I know, it's awful :o

The worst was that call to give Maria a 3-2 lead a second, it was more than a ball length out and the linesman still didn't call it :smash:

Dexter
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Ballboys are ridicoulous too :help: :o

shibster
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
they are there to look at sharky, not the balls, or erm, of their own.

besides, clijsters can always challenge and challenge.

we need robots that will not just sit there and gawk.

Lefty.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
That reminds me of the beginning of the Petrova-Mauresmo match, when Nadia was serving, she served 2 straight aces which were called out and she challenged both of them and was correct. :help:

LDF
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Ballboys are ridicoulous too :help: :o

Yep :lol: :help:

I think they've had the balls the wrong end twice now :o

shibster
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:27 PM
from eurosport live commentary:
The male models forget to shift the balls down to Clijsters' end for her to serve, and are roundly castigated by the crowd! It seems they are just pretty faces...

Piotr'ek
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:29 PM
:)

LefandePatty
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:31 PM

Milli
Indeed. And that with Lena was annoying:help: I haven't heard so many foot faults at one tournament and this was just in one match wtf.

And yeah, ballboys are:help: They're getting booed by the audience quite often though :p

Dexter
It seems they are just pretty faces...and it's not enough...

Dexter
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Another challenge and of course the same linesman was wrong again... :haha: :tape: :o

TheBoiledEgg
The male models forget to shift the balls down to Clijsters' end for her to serve, and are roundly castigated by the crowd! It seems they are just pretty faces...

thats why they are only used for one match cos they cant concentrate for too long :lol: :lol:

Meelis

franny
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Another one!!! Agh, FIRE THEM!!!

rrfnpump
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM
whats the worst thing : the umpires are completely USELESS
they dont overrule the most shocking wrong call, but just rely on a player to use the challenge system, that cant be true :rolleyes:

Nicky2002
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:34 PM
ridiculous

Jakeev
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'm especially pissed off at the Umpire. He has not made a single call on that far end of the court. I can't believe he just can't see where the ball lands.

Can you imagine if the Challenge system wasn't in place? I could easily see four or five arguments about line calls already.

Joana
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM
whats the worst thing : the umpires are completely USELESS
they dont overrule the most shocking wrong call, but just rely on a player to use the challenge system, that cant be true :rolleyes:

I'm actually wondering if they've been given instructions not to overrule, because this is getting beyond ridiculous.

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I'm actually wondering if they've been given instructions not to overrule, because this is getting beyond ridiculous.
Considering that it's the WTA, very likely. :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'm especially pissed off at the Umpire. He has not made a single call on that far end of the court. I can't believe he just can't see where the ball lands.

Can you imagine if the Challenge system wasn't in place? I could easily see four or five arguments about line calls already.
Maybe he WOULD overrule if there wasn't a Challenge system.

John.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:38 PM
It is getting ridiculous.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:40 PM
:o so many wrong decisions :help:
And the ballboys aren't better :tape:

rrfnpump
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:40 PM
You wonder how many matches got fucked up in the past when there wasnt a challenge system if you see all those wrong calls here. :help: Maybe Marion Bartoli would have won a slam already :p

Its ridiculous, and I also could believe WTA telling the umpires not to overrule. But its really annoying to see the challenge two times in one service game!

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:43 PM
You wonder how many matches got fucked up in the past when there wasnt a challenge system if you see all those wrong calls here. :help: Maybe Marion Bartoli would have won a slam already :p
Unlikely. :p

Even if there were many wrong decisions, it wouldn't necessarily have "fucked up" these matches because in the end they happen to all players with the same frequency.

rrfnpump
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Unlikely. :p

Even if there were many wrong decisions, it wouldn't necessarily have "fucked up" these matches because in the end they happen to all players with the same frequency.

Well, a bad call at BP is something different from a bad call when its 15-15, there can be really decisive points that could change a whole match and if such a point is a bad call... and Serena v Capriati is the best example that bad calls dont happen to players with the same frequency.

Anyhow, we will see what happens now. Hopefully it gets better :o

arn
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Kim certainly wasn't happy about it. After another bad linecall she said something like "This is complete bullsh*t" in dutch.

star
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah it's been pretty bad :o

I didn't see Elena's match, that's really odd about the foot faults though

jamatthews
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Kim certainly wasn't happy about it. After another bad linecall she said something like "This is complete bullsh*t" in dutch.

It looked like she said it in English to me. :p

arn
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:03 PM
It looked like she said it in English to me. :p

In Dutch it is: "Dit is complete bullsh*it" so that's almost the same :p

Uranus
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM
They need to change all the linesmen. Terrible work today. They were hopeless

GoClijsters
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:16 PM
This is rideculous! I saw some of them out of breath when they had to get a ball that was nearly 5 feet away. And they were running at 2 miles/hour.

bellascarlett
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:18 PM
There was this one linesman who got a lot of calls wrong...:rolls: :lol:

sapir1434
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:22 PM
they are not even pretty faces...:help:

jes_022
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:34 PM
At least we know Kim's eyesight is great, 4 out of 4 challenges right.

Brαm
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:32 AM
There was this one linesman who got a lot of calls wrong...:rolls: :lol:
I kind of felt sorry for him :o The challenge system really makes the line judges look silly.

bellascarlett
Nov 9th, 2006, 10:46 AM
I kind of felt sorry for him :o The challenge system really makes the line judges look silly.

They got the calls wrong. Important points they called wrong. Their job is to make sure the ball is in or out. Of course they will look silly if they get it wrong. I've had it with wrong calls that could have turned matches around had they been called right, so I like that we have the challenge system in place and that linespeople are more pressured to do a better job. Of course, they are only human and it is quite difficult to judge really fast balls clipping the line, so I'm glad we have something else to turn to. It makes it more fun also as a viewer I feel (although this match in particular, the line judges really need :help:...more terrible than usual. That point Maria stopped play for was OBVIOUSLY out. Oh and the umpire :help: :smash: )

Kunal
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:09 AM
thats esp terrible given that its the YEC....wheres the organization when u need it?

Grohl
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I don't get it that the umpire doesn't overrule those balls