PDA

View Full Version : Why did Mary lose racquet sponsorship?

Paul.
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:06 PM
she had it at the beginning of last year didnt she? surely the rest of her 2005 season should have proved she was worthy of sponsorship! :lol:

http://www.mary-pierce.org/Pacific_Life_Open_2005/l1369739.jpg

Pacific Life Open (from mark's site of course ;))

Mark Spruce
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I am not to sure really. I did not really notice the racket that much. As I have my eyes on the Blonde Bomb Shell Fierce Pierce !!!

I must have a look at some recent pics and see what I can see

Paul.
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I am not to sure really. I did not really notice the racket that much. As I have my eyes on the Blonde Bomb Shell Fierce Pierce !!!

I must have a look at some recent pics and see what I can see

;):lol:

its the same racquet but it just doesnt have the yonex sign on the strings. i think she uses the same racquet as michaella krajicek and paradorn srichapan but they are both sponsored :sad:

Jackaboo
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Mary doesn't need sponsors. Why bother with them?

Lu_Weird
Nov 9th, 2006, 09:32 AM
there's one thread here once reported that Yonix didn't want to sponser her just because they think Mary is old and out of time. Look the Yonix girls, all they sponsering are the young and pretty girls!(that's just Japanese always did)

Mark Spruce
Nov 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM
mary is above them now. She does not need them.

it shows how fickle companys are. I have to say Mary is sexier:hearts::hearts: than any of the younger plays

Mark

Mary doesn't need sponsors. Why bother with them?

MyskinaManiac
Nov 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM
It was a bit disappointing to Mary to even lose her Nike sponsorship early last year. I mean, they've stuck by Davenport and Sampras and they were or are in the same age bracket. Sponsors look for people to win matches... Mary clearly does that.

However, I think sponsors as mentioned above are looking for young players to promote their products for a decade or so, not for a year or two.

Lunatiq
Nov 10th, 2006, 06:38 PM
...very interesting problem....

SpankMe
Nov 11th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Quite a number of clothing companies no longer bother to sponsor players so I'm not surprised it has spread to equipment too. :( The market for sponsorship has changed a lot in recent years.:rolleyes:

saby
Nov 14th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Mary does not have sponsor for anything even for her racquet (she didn't have it in 2005 too)

Paul.
Nov 14th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Mary does not have sponsor for anything even for her racquet (she didn't have it in 2005 too)
she did have a racquet sponsor for part of 2005 - the picture i posted is from indian wells 2005 ;)

saby
Nov 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM
well i do only trust what mary said and mary said no I don't have sponsor, i use yonex but they don't pay me because i'm too old for them .... ;)

dannypierce
Nov 14th, 2006, 09:54 PM
well i do only trust what mary said and mary said no I don't have sponsor, i use yonex but they don't pay me because i'm too old for them .... ;)

Hmmmmm.
Allez Marie courage~