PDA

View Full Version : Mini Sponsor Tags - why did they have them and where have they gone?

LH2HBH
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I just posted this picture of Denisa Chladkova on another thread and I was looking at it wondering why the heck players had these stupid little sponsor tags on their clothes.

I mean - Dunkin' Donuts???? Could she not get a big sponsor?

http://www.tennis.info/images/US4/04Mon/Chladkova3996.jpg

John.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:05 PM
:lol:

faboozadoo15
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM
there are people from the sponsors who go around the tournament and offer players money to sport those tags. players often get a few hundred dollars per match to wear them. the reason it seems like they've disappeared is because we often only see big name players who are not allowed to have other logos on their clothes due to other contracts and the fact that a few hundred bucks isn't going to necessarily lure millionaires at the top of the game.

but keep an eye out in the majors when a lower ranked player is playing a top seed.

LH2HBH
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:56 PM
there are people from the sponsors who go around the tournament and offer players money to sport those tags. players often get a few hundred dollars per match to wear them. the reason it seems like they've disappeared is because we often only see big name players who are not allowed to have other logos on their clothes due to other contracts and the fact that a few hundred bucks isn't going to necessarily lure millionaires at the top of the game.

but keep an eye out in the majors when a lower ranked player is playing a top seed.

Cool! Thanks that's exactly the information I was looking for!