PDA

View Full Version : If Petrova beats hingis..

MistyGrey
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:01 AM
, will Amelie be out of the race for number one?
Amelie needs Justine to finish fourth in her group to have any chance of staying number 1. If Nadia beats Hingis, then even if Justine loses her next two matches, she'll finish ahead of Hingis, since she beat Martina in the round robin, right? Thats the logic they used last year when Maria finished her group in first place ahead of Lindsay.

Confusing!

Kunal
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:12 AM
and where does masha figure in all of this?

*Jean*
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Let's watch tennis and hope these girls will offer us good matches :p We'll see the rankings after :angel:

MistyGrey
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Let's watch tennis and hope these girls will offer us good matches :p We'll see the rankings after :angel:

but its more fun this way. :lol:

Buitenzorg
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Amelie needs Justine to finish fourth in her group to have any chance of staying number 1. If Nadia beats Hingis, then even if Justine loses her next two matches, she'll finish ahead of Hingis, since she beat Martina in the round robin, right? Thats the logic they used last year when Maria finished her group in first place ahead of Lindsay.

Confusing!

i think you are the one whose confused :p

*Jean*
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:20 AM
but its more fun this way. :lol:

:lol: Sure...I was saying that because there are too many possibilities to know who will be #1 so...I prefer just watching tennis :lol: :angel:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:29 AM
oh Amelie is probably out already.

Justine and Sharpie are gonna get to the semis.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM
It's simple really.

If Amelie does not win this tournament, no matter what happens, it's bye-bye #1 ranking :wavey:

mandynyuna
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Why don't you try going to this link. It's pretty good and not too confusing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=2648529

According to them, Justine has the biggest chance of being number one come year end, followed by Maria then Amelie. It's a three-horse race.

MistyGrey
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:41 AM
i think you are the one whose confused :p

Thats what I said :p

The Crow
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:20 AM

Confusing!

I don't think so. If Amelie wins against Justine, Nadia wins also from Justine and Amelie loses against Martina, it's 6 for Petrova and 2 for Justine, Martina and Amelie.

But Amelie has to lose against Martina in such a way that she is second, Martina is third and Justine is fourth :eek: ;)

samn
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:25 AM
and where does masha figure in all of this?

Sharapova will be #1 if she wins the title and Henin-Hardenne fails to reach the final. If Henin-Hardenne beats Petrova in her next match, Mauresmo is out of the running for the top spot.

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:53 AM
let's just enjoy some tennis rather than get confused.

Asmus
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:36 AM
I'm confused now... now it says that Mauresmo definitely won't finish #1 because Hingis won? WTF?

Sharakim
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
I'm confused now... now it says that Mauresmo definitely won't finish #1 because Hingis won? WTF?Hingis' win means that Henin-Hardenne won't finish dead last in the round robin. Mauresmo can only retain the #1 spot if Henin finishes last in the rr or if Maria doesn't make it to the semi-final (i think). Therefore, Mauresmo is out of the running.

LucasArg
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:49 AM
:mad: I can't believe Nadia lost to Hingis today:mad:

Please Nadia, beat Justine tomorrow!!!:angel: :wavey:

Asmus
Nov 9th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Hingis' win means that Henin-Hardenne won't finish dead last in the round robin. Mauresmo can only retain the #1 spot if Henin finishes last in the rr or if Maria doesn't make it to the semi-final (i think). Therefore, Mauresmo is out of the running.

I understand now...

Even if Hingis and Henin-Hardenne both lose to Amelie and go 1-2, Justine will finish ahead of Martina because she beat her.