PDA

View Full Version : YEC Madrid: Justine HENIN-HARDENNE def. Martina HINGIS 62 67(5) 61

Dexter
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:48 PM
:help: :lol: :tape: @ 2nd set.

but she won, and that's all what counts :cool:
Allez!!!

lukehingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Justine too good today in the 1st and 3rd set...:sad: hiccup in the 2nd set and at the end of the 3rd... but managed to close it out in the 3rd

good luck, Martina in your next match tomorrow :hug:

LH2HBH
Good try Martina! You'll get her ONE DAY.

ZeroSOFInfinity
:woohoo: Congrats Justine :bounce:

Martina :hug:

Dexter
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Martina played well in the 2nd set though... I hope she qualifies as the 2nd one from this group. :cool:

GoDominique
Oh well I guess she just wanted an extra set of match-play, so she decided to tank the second set by letting Martina back in and not challenging that wrong call in the tie-break. :)

Billabong
Too bad Martina, she really fought in the second set:sad:
But the last 6 games:help: Anyways keep up the good work!

Nicolás89
dont worry marti:kiss:
nice fight in the second:worship:

Sund7101
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Good effort though Marti, you're so close. Good luck in the next rounds.

Dexter
Oh well I guess she just wanted an extra set of match-play, so she decided to tank the second set by letting Martina back in and not challenging that wrong call in the tie-break. :)She had one successful challenge in the 3rd set though :lol:

natacha1
Go justine :)

pigmalion
:woohoo:

eck
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Allez!!! Good job Justine. You scared me like hell in the second set. But good job, to finish it off. :)

The Kaz
marti :sobbing:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Excellent 1st set :yeah:

Horrible 2nd set :help:

Brilliant 3rd set :bounce:

I hope though that her DF's be reduced against Mauresmo... the total she got in this match... :tape:

Wayn77
WTF - 6-2 6-7 6-1 - was JuJu that good?

Congrats to Justine: gonna make your match with Amelie real tasty :drool:

Mightymirza
justine....almost gave a big scare..good end...

ctan88
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Martina :( Next time ...

brunof
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Oh well I guess she just wanted an extra set of match-play, so she decided to tank the second set by letting Martina back in and not challenging that wrong call in the tie-break. :)

Now did she really tank the second set? And it was still 6-7? :o

franny
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Good fight Martina. It's okay you lost, because your comeback in the match, and in the year, gave me such joy. At least you gave me a set to look forward to watching, lol. I love you babe, and good luck tomorrow against Petrova. Hopefully you can win.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:54 PM

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing... maybe she wants to play more so that she can be better in the next matches.

MistyGrey
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Brilliant first set, horrible second, then excellent third. Allez Justine!

einna
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:55 PM
congrats justine! keep it up!

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Justine is the biggest choker on the tour right now :o:

faste5683
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Way to play, Juju! Serve and volley, backhand overheads, drop shots and huge forehands...still the best show in town!

:wavey:

JulesVerne
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Justine is the biggest choker on the tour right now :o:

Can you be a choker if you win the match?

Stavie
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Allez for My Queen

Kitten63
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:59 PM
well done juju!

DragonFlame
thank god:o she won:bounce:

Allez-H
Justine really cracks me up sometimes :lol: Congratz, get some Momo-revenge now :yeah:

Good match Marti!

.ivy.
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Can you be a choker if you win the match?

~Kiera~
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Too bad, Martina. It just wasn't to be today. Well done for coming back in that second set, though.

Congrats, Justine.

BarsonlyOne
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:02 PM
martina had her chance. she was so out of it the first set and a half. and she figured out what to do. she was hitting more aggressive and with less unforced errors, and justine couldnt handle it in the second. martina broke the first game of the third, but just couldnt keep up her pace. one thing she still has to get used to. in order to beat top players, you need to be consistent the whole match and not let down the pace. and she did in the third. good luck on the next match martina.

Hawn
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Good job to both players. Henin was just scary the first set. Henin did drop her level in the second, but her game could only go down. Hingis really picked it up as well, moving Henin around with great backhands and superb volleys and half-volleys. Henin played well in the third but Martina dropped her level again and it seemed she couldn't concentrate too well. Good luck against Petrova tomorrow!:kiss:

Steffica Greles
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:03 PM
With the exception of Dementieva, Hingis has more chance against Henin, in my opinion, than against the other girls. Justine may hit the ball hard, but there's not the physical advantage that often intimidates Hingis into defensive play.

And she still lost.

Although, as Mauresmo is clearly not the player she was earlier this year, I think Hingis will win that match.

cecilija
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:06 PM
With the exception of Dementieva, Hingis has more chance against Henin, in my opinion, than against the other girls. Justine may hit the ball hard, but there's not the physical advantage that often intimidates Hingis into defensive play.

She should have lost this match 6-2 6-2, but Justine choked. She also had a mini choke at 5-1 in the third, couldn't finish it off.

Justine is officially back to choking.

xulilixu
Damn, Justine! It could have been so much easier, but congrats anyway! Now destroy Mauresmo and Nadia.:devil:

treufreund
Way to play, Juju! Serve and volley, backhand overheads, drop shots and huge forehands...still the best show in town!

:wavey:

HELL YES, BABY-GURL!!! clean up those errors and keep playing the best shots on the tour! Juju ROCKS! GREAT POST!:worship:

lukehingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:07 PM
well done, justine... i believe with this win, justine takes amelie out of the year end #1 race....

good fight, martina.. better luck in your next match!

felipe2004
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Allez Justine!!! Good luck in the next match! ;)

DragonFlame

I don't agree with you there, justine can be even more crafty then hingis at times like we could see in the first set. She was totally outplaying her. Then at 5-2 in the second she lost concentration. It should have been over but it wasn't. Her serve let her down in those servicegames doublefaults and hardly any first serves(i blame lack of matchplay:o )
Hingis can't generate much power herself, she uses the power of other players. Especially on fast courts she can get a lot out of it, i think she'll do a lot better against a player like petrova then henin(that finishes things off normally when up 5-2) or an in-shape mauresmo. Who enjoy varieing things up like hingis.

purplerain
Justine: how could you scare me like that!:smash: :p
Martina: good fight, good luck in rest matches :worship:

Billabong
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I hope Martina won't be too tired for tomorrow, it's gonna be another really tough match I fear:scared:... GO Marti:bounce:!!!

Martian Jeza
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:09 PM
She should have lost this match 6-2 6-2, but Justine choked. She also had a mini choke at 5-1 in the third, couldn't finish it off.

Justine is officially back to choking.

choking but she won though : I don't think you know the real meaning of choking...

Martian Jeza
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:10 PM
HELL YES, BABY-GURL!!! clean up those errors and keep playing the best shots on the tour! Juju ROCKS! GREAT POST!:worship:

Keep on glory hunting, I would say :wavey:

Beny
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Congrats Justine!
2nd set-a desperate Justine.. :lol: ..or a choker..
but you won..Good luck in next matches!

fOxYLiCiOuS
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Martina :( :mad: :sad:

vejh
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Martina played some good tennis in the 2nd, when she got confidence from coming back from 2/5 down. But it was hard to gauge how much was her vs JHH who went on a trip to Monaco.

Re that 'out' ball. Perhaps the ball was on the line? I still don't completely trust shot spot.lol.

Wintermute
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:15 PM
I think in the second set Justine started thinking to herself, "How the hell am I playing so well when I've not had a match since September?" and she lost concentration. Martina did very well to get something out of a match where she was outplayed for most of it.

Justine was impressive but I question whether, given the lack of matchplay, she has enough to win this event. Her will to win is pretty incredible so she may just do it though.

ChandaRubinFan22
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:19 PM
http://www.vrtnieuws.net/sport_master/tennis/masters/061107_henin_hingis_verslag/S_061107_henin_2-20061107-221723.jpg

:o second set

thenj
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:20 PM
wow brilliant 1st set

Jodie
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Whew Ju! :D :hug:

yicheng23
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:24 PM
i don't think she choked in the 2nd set. It's just that she always had this momentary lapse in the 2nd set especially if she wins the 1st set easily. But judging by the performance in the 1st and 3rd set, i would say she made a great comeback. Give her a break! That was her 1st match since FedCup final. Go Ju!

hythger
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Too bad for Martina. After that 2nd set I though she could have a shot at it. Good game anyway.

flyingmachine
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Well done Justine. :yeah:

go hingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Congrats Justine.

Martina needs to step on the court with confidence like she used to. I hope she sees she can compete at the top and be more confident in her next match.

crazyroberto6767
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Do some Justine fans know she still won :o? It's a bit annoying when your favorite loses a match (and 6-1 in the third at that) and the other fan base is going on about how their favorite is a choker. Justine did play fantastic in the parts I saw though. Even if she had a lapse, she still closed out the third in convincing fashion. Overreaction by some IMO.

:bigcry: Marti. Although I was expecting a loss, it still hurts. Good to see her hang in there in the second & at least make it look competitive. She's lacking confidence right now, although she has some flashes of brilliance. Hopefully she loosens up next match and starts to play more of her game; because some of the points she played were fantastic :yeah:

Lunaris
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Well done, the girls won me a bet today. :bounce:

selyoink
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I'm surprised Hingis was able to take a set from her.

Astro Jetson
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Superb! One at a time! Allez Ju!:bounce:

égalité
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Gross :(

Ceri
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Yay Justine! Keep it up! :)

WIMBLY2004
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:04 AM
What happened to the second sets today? Both Maria and Justine had these momentary lapses, fortunately they won.

moby
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Good job, Justine.
Nice try, Martina.

I'm glad this match went to 3. :)

RenaSlam.
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Enna is a choker. :sad:

P_Fer
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Good job Justine!

Good luck tomorrow Marti!

Mightymirza
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:30 AM
anyone has this match >??

josemanuel
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Poor Marti, but congrats JuJu!!!

cometz9
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Martina :sobbing: at least you won a set, that counts a lot in RR matches. Good Luck next round.

Justine :clap2: glad to have her back :yeah: she will only get better with each match :scared:

perseus2006
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:01 AM
This match was all about JHH. She played well in the first set and ok in the third.

The second set wasn't about what Hingis did, it was about what JHH didn't do.

Hingis did not demonstrate that she really belongs in the top 8 today. She was playing JHH in her first match in two months and Hingis had nothing to show.

Marcus Jordan
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Great result for Martina to get a set, considering she may end up being the only player to get a set off Henin. :)

Derek.
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Martina. :sad:

komorli
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Well, hingis played really smart in the second set, just staying in the points and forcing Justine to make the error. :) of course, Justine helped in many ways...:o But it's promising for hingis!

Justine is just Justine and brought out her guns when she needed it! :)

dinhd82
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:22 AM
This match was all about JHH. She played well in the first set and ok in the third.

Hingis did not demonstrate that she really belongs in the top 8 today. She was playing JHH in her first match in two months and Hingis had nothing to show.

I highly doubt that, it takes 2 to tango dear.

spencercarlos
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:35 AM

Ridiculous hater, she was the only one to extend the match to three sets today, against the player who reached all Grand Slam finals this year :rolleyes:

swissmisshingis
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:36 AM
:bigcry: Marti. Although I was expecting a loss, it still hurts.

lol same here.

spencercarlos
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:42 AM

And she still lost.

Although, as Mauresmo is clearly not the player she was earlier this year, I think Hingis will win that match.
Once again you are here to bash Martina, oh yeah she was suposed to win today :lol:

Henin has exactly the combination of power and great movement that hurts Martina from start to end, in order for Hingis to win these matches she has to play exceptionaly well.

Her record this year against these kind of players eg Kim, Henin and lets put Mauresmo into this one, does not really support you theory that Hingis has more chances against these players :rolleyes:

At least against Svetlana, Sharapova, are great hitters but does not move as well as Henin and Clijsters.

dinhd82
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Once again you are here to bash Martina, oh yeah she was suposed to win today :lol:

Henin has exactly the combination of power and great movement that hurts Martina from start to end, in order for Hingis to win these matches she has to play exceptionaly well.

Her record this year against these kind of players eg Kim, Henin and lets put Mauresmo into this one, does not really support you theory that Hingis has more chances against these players :rolleyes:

At least against Svetlana, Sharapova, are great hitters but does not move as well as Henin and Clijsters.

Ironically Martina has beaten all others except for Momo (whom she took to 3 close sets),Kim and Justine (the only one whom Steffica gives Martina a chance against!) LOLS!!!

partbrit
Nov 8th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Oh, hell. I just got to see the first set and that was discouraging enough. I still say that until Martina gets a real serve, she cannot beat players like JHH--not consistently, anyway. And if she does manage to get a decent serve, I believe the others will be in trouble.

patricktav2003
Nov 8th, 2006, 04:11 AM
at least she won a set against JUJU this is the one she need to be if she want to go higher in the next few years

Dexter
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Enna is a choker. :sad:at least she's playing unlike your fave who's supposed to dominate in 2006, no? :)

~Carsten~
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:15 AM
well I turned off after the 2nd.
It remined me on Indian Wells Dementieva vs. Henin- Hardenne.

congrats Justine

ioni
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:12 AM
as i expected justine won ! congrats justine :)

*Jean*
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Congrats Justine...but congrats both for the show, above all Martina for the second set come back :p

ViennaCalling
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Martina :hug: Better Luck next Time!

hingisGOAT
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:51 AM
at least she won a set against JUJU this is the one she need to be if she want to go higher in the next few years

good point.

anyway, horrible first set and early second set. hingis netted most of her volleys and played very impatiently. then she seemed to swing out more and her errors dissapeared. the tiebreak was just :drool:

i didn't get a chance to watch most of the third set, but i can't believe she could just lose her momentum like that. i don't know if it's a conditioning thing or what

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Martina :sad:

thedragon
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:13 AM
:sad: well she gave it a good shot, but looked really unfit in that game, she needs to get fitter in the off-season

tennisrox
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:55 AM
At least martina took a set off justine.
Justine played really well in patches. Hope she can carry that form to the other matches. Win this thing! :banana:

Justine Fan
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:04 AM
at least she's playing unlike your fave who's supposed to dominate in 2006, no? :)

Yes :haha: :haha:

It's been changed to 2007 now :lol: then when nothing happens in 2007, it will be changed to 2008 and so on and so forth :haha:

Si_Hi
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:18 AM
good job, Justine!
wish you do well in the next round

rikvanlooy
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:18 AM
At least martina took a set off justine.
Justine played really well in patches. Hope she can carry that form to the other matches. Win this thing! :banana:

Justine is simply better than Hingis.

Faster, more powerful, better service, better return, more fight in here, more determination, ...

Hingis takes the ball earlier, is better at the net and has better anticipation than Justine, but it's not enough to beat Justine.

The weakness of Justine is the fact that she is afraid of being/becoming ill/injured. It affects het play immensely. Sometimes she loses focus during a match as well.

bellascarlett
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Martina :sad: :hug:

I feel when a top player like Justine is playing well like in the 1st set, Martina looks intimidated and just doesn't go for her shots. She played better in the second because she could see Justine's level go down. Martina needs to keep it in her mind that in order to play these to players, every damn point counts - that she needs to work hard every point. Even after a set is won, even if momentum is on your side, you play to win every point. I don't know what happened in that 3rd set. Disappointing. I feel sometimes she's still shocked at how well the others are competing. And please Martina, take some time to think about your every serve. She wasn't taking enough time between serves. Seemed to be rushing.

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Justine is simply better than Hingis.

Faster, more powerful, better service, better return, more fight in here, more determination, ...

Hingis takes the ball earlier, is better at the net and has better anticipation than Justine, but it's not enough to beat Justine.

The weakness of Justine is the fact that she is afraid of being/becoming ill/injured. It affects het play immensely. Sometimes she loses focus during a match as well.

all true. martina really needs 2 have these sort of qualities that justine has in her arsenal if she wants 2 win a slam & even get 2 number one in the world.

jamesuk
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Oh, hell. I just got to see the first set and that was discouraging enough. I still say that until Martina gets a real serve, she cannot beat players like JHH--not consistently, anyway. And if she does manage to get a decent serve, I believe the others will be in trouble.

The first set and a half certainly WERE discouraging. I was there at the Arena, desperate for a good match, and I felt that for the first hour, it was a mixture of Justines amazing backhand and aggressiveness together with a MArtina Hingis who seemed to want to do VERY LITTLE with the balls. Watching a mathc live for the first time in years, the difference was SO CLEAR, but I dont think the serve had much to do with it to be honest, more the attitude of Hingis in the rallies themselves, waiting for Henin to come up with great shots, which, for the most part, she DID. Her backhand was frightening at many moments during the match.

HOWEVER, in my opinon, it was a different MArtina thant stepped back on to the court at 5-2 down, her shots had more power to them, and she seemed like a totaly different player. Of course, Justine got a bit nervous, but to pull out that tie break the way she did, and the way she broke Justines opening serve, Maritna looked like a champion, and convinced me , at least, of how "deserving" her spot in the top 8 is.

The crowd were absolutely fantastic in the second set. I was luckily sat very near a group of English guys all cheering for Martina, so at 5 2 down, when a comeback looked a possibility, I lost all my inhibitions and was screaming COME ON after every point she won! It was a great atmosphere I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed that set, and the crowd really got behind Martina and gave her a huge ovation when she won the second set.

All that said, justine, when she was on, was frightening. I think 2 lose shots when serving at 1.-0 up in the final set sort of did it for Martina, that is where Justine got her focus back. Weak serve didnt seem a part of it at all, well, not as much as it did in the Dementieva match. Then again, it was clear by the amount of free points Justine got from her serve that Martina could do with serving CONSISTENTLY harder

Anyway, just my views from the crowd, unbiased by tv commentators!

Pasta-Na
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
wow... my vcash bet :eek:

.Andrew.
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM
good job, Justine! :hearts: :kiss: Nice try, Marti! :hug:

sapir1434
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:39 PM

I don't like Justine at all, but I have to say that if none of my faves win the title, I'll be truely glad if Justine does. She deserves it. :)

V-MAC
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:01 PM
predictable

DarkchildSwiss
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:13 PM
best match until now. both players were not only hitting the balls from the baseline like Lena and Masha did but they also played at the net. great match but unfortunately I did not watch the 3rd set because I had to go to university today but what I saw was nice. nearly all of the people where cheering for marti and I hope that she beats nadia today but it will definitely be a tough match due to Nadia's great performance against ame yesterday. good luck marti.

RJWCapriati
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:15 PM
:sad:

Kunal
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:50 PM
please martina win the rest of ur matches......for the fans, for the converts

papru
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM

cheo23
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:50 PM
:rolleyes: @ Martina Hingis!!!!!!! ughhhh

anyways, CONGRATULATIONS QUEEN JUSTINE!!!!!!!!!

sorry I underestimated u're AMAZING BEAUTIFUL SHOTS & DETERMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spencercarlos
Nov 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
The first set and a half certainly WERE discouraging. I was there at the Arena, desperate for a good match, and I felt that for the first hour, it was a mixture of Justines amazing backhand and aggressiveness together with a MArtina Hingis who seemed to want to do VERY LITTLE with the balls. Watching a mathc live for the first time in years, the difference was SO CLEAR, but I dont think the serve had much to do with it to be honest, more the attitude of Hingis in the rallies themselves, waiting for Henin to come up with great shots, which, for the most part, she DID. Her backhand was frightening at many moments during the match.

HOWEVER, in my opinon, it was a different MArtina thant stepped back on to the court at 5-2 down, her shots had more power to them, and she seemed like a totaly different player. Of course, Justine got a bit nervous, but to pull out that tie break the way she did, and the way she broke Justines opening serve, Maritna looked like a champion, and convinced me , at least, of how "deserving" her spot in the top 8 is.

The crowd were absolutely fantastic in the second set. I was luckily sat very near a group of English guys all cheering for Martina, so at 5 2 down, when a comeback looked a possibility, I lost all my inhibitions and was screaming COME ON after every point she won! It was a great atmosphere I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed that set, and the crowd really got behind Martina and gave her a huge ovation when she won the second set.

All that said, justine, when she was on, was frightening. I think 2 lose shots when serving at 1.-0 up in the final set sort of did it for Martina, that is where Justine got her focus back. Weak serve didnt seem a part of it at all, well, not as much as it did in the Dementieva match. Then again, it was clear by the amount of free points Justine got from her serve that Martina could do with serving CONSISTENTLY harder

Anyway, just my views from the crowd, unbiased by tv commentators!
Thanks for sharing it with us :)

I hope Martina can do more against Petrova today

Cashif
Nov 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Good fight Martina:) Atleast you didnt throw away the match and i am proud of u for fighting.. If u could win atleast one match in this, i will be pretty happy consideing this is your comeback year and that you have already made the YEC..I am PROUD OF YOU- SWISSMISS:yeah:

Congrats Juju:bigclap:

vejh
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:04 PM
It was the best match of the day for me as well. But versus disagreed and decided to show Shara instead. It was kind of a disservice to WTA tennis.

I agree with the poster who said Hingis played better in the 2nd. Even though JHH's level dropped very much, Hingis had passion, and determination. That was good to see.

But even when she JHH was just blasing that bh, i was still struck at how nobody, but nobody changes the direction of the ball like Hingis. But she is suffering from a confidence, lazy crisis. She isn't used to this fighting so much to win matches after all the years of carving everybody up easily. And she also feels she can't hang with power players...not true. Her serve is good, it certainly wasn't a weakness for her as far as I could see. She is also very nifty at the net and w/ her raquet.

franny
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I think that a lot of it right now comes down to confidence for Martina. When she is willing to fight, she can beat these players. THe problem is that she loses her will during the matches, and I honestly don't believe that she thinks she can get back to the top. If she believes harder, I think she can get to top 5.

vejh
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:16 PM
She's very spoiled.lol. She is not used to this. I hate to see her acting like that in matches...giving up, making easy mistakes. There is no need for that! I never thought of her as a fighter before, and maybe she really isn't, and that's what she now needs. That should be her new tool for the 2nd half of her career.

shibster
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:17 PM
well, one part about hingis was that she was so used to winning, easily, with all her tricks. but now it is not working for her anymore, and when it used to come just like *snap* and now you grind and not getting the results. it can be very very hard.

but yes, justine's walk abouts are......:tape:

Ellery
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Well done Justine :yeah:

Mina Vagante
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Justine served a lot of DF though compared to usually how good her serve is:eek:

No.1Hingis
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Im proud of Marti.. she came back .. and took a set..

Thanks both player for the best match yesterday..

At least Marti hit some ACE's ... so thats improvements..

Congrats Juju..

Come on MARTINA.. head up.. next match is here.. play that great game from 2nd set ag Justine..

I will support you ALWAYS!!!